394 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:47 AM

Please leave us your feedback on the latest update from Russ on upcoming features!

Spoiler

#2 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:52 AM

Big groups!!!

I TOLD you they weren't giving up on it. :D

Now let's see if it works or whether we get whining over "the bigger group always skews the match", which is what PGI was initially worried about.

Things we need clarification on:

* Is median ELO still a factor in matching groups?

* Can 2-4mans decide which queue to join, or are they forced by the matchmaker? What frequency of joining the group queue can 2-4mans expect? EDIT: Karl has answered on Reddit, matchmaker will decide.

* Can the Highlander be left out the JJ damage scale? It's designed for hard landings.

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 23 June 2014 - 10:13 PM.

#3 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:55 AM

Nice. :D

#4 MuonNeutrino

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:57 AM

Ugh. I know I am going to be in the distinct minority here, but this absolutely royally sucks balls. I DO NOT WANT TO GET DRAGGED INTO THE 12 QUEUE JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO PLAY WITH A BUDDY! If me and my buddy are screwing around in silly mechs like (gasp!) assaults that aren't victors or heavies that aren't cataphracts/timber wolves, I do not want to become the 2-man filler in a 10v12 tryhard match! Please, please, please give 2-4 groups the change to opt out of being dragged into the 'groups' queue. If this goes in, I will never be playing in a group again; it just won't be worth it.

Edited by MuonNeutrino, 23 June 2014 - 11:00 AM.

#5 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:58 AM

Good.

Only negatives are no solution for 11 mans, also 12 man premades are going to end up running up against a lot of very easy games where opponents are made up from smaller groups, which is less fair on those smaller groups than it would be to put groups of up to 5 or even 6 into the "solo" queue.

But overall I think its worth trying to see how it plays.

Edited by NextGame, 23 June 2014 - 11:00 AM.

#6 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:58 AM

Woot cannot wait.

#7 Prezimonto

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 23 June 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

Please leave us your feedback on the latest update from Russ on upcoming features!

Big groups bring a tear to my tired eyes.

Also, please give solo players the check box to allow us to balance teams in the group queue. Many of us are solid team players, and WANT the more tactical game play.

Edited by Prezimonto, 23 June 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#8 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:02 AM

This all sounds too suspiciously well-executed. I hope it actually is, and I can start changing my opinion.

#9 Fishhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 265 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:03 AM

View PostMuonNeutrino, on 23 June 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

Ugh. I know I am going to be in the distinct minority here, but this absolutely royally sucks balls. I DO NOT WANT TO GET DRAGGED INTO THE 12 QUEUE JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO PLAY WITH A BUDDY! If me and my buddy are screwing around in silly mechs like (gasp!) assaults that aren't victors or heavies that aren't cataphracts/timber wolves, I do not want to become the 2-man filler in a 10v12 tryhard match! Please, please, please give 2-4 groups the change to opt out of being dragged into the 'groups' queue. If this goes in, I will never be playing in a group again; it just won't be worth it.

yeah, but I'm curious to know how often this will happen. How many 10-man vs 12-man groupings will there be? I'm sure there are quite a few 2-man groupings. So maybe the odds of you being thrown into a 10-man vs 12-man group isn't as likely as you think.

#10 Hika

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 49 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:03 AM

50% . 50% For me.

for the 4 man group i really want to stay in the Solo or let them choose, i really dont want to see the "competitive players with only DS and timber with 2ppc gauss jumping all the time when im playing with my friends.

#11 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:04 AM

Sweet! I love the other sized group option. Keep up the communication, keep up the work and keep up the testing.

Agreed that there will be some 12 man stomps on the multiple smaller groups, but this will hopefully encourage more teamwork. Though would like option for the 2 cues.. still I like it!

#12 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

View PostxWiredx, on 23 June 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

This all sounds too suspiciously well-executed. I hope it actually is, and I can start changing my opinion.

Well it IS going to public test, so they are doing that right. If issues occur in test, no big deal.

#13 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

I have some questions:

1. Will we see somehow, before the match that 3/3/3/3 (what I just call "Ro3") is on/off or in "extended" mode?

2. Will we see, in a Solo Group, that which 2-4 Players are Premade? And in both side?

3. Why don't you let those 11 players simply play again an another 11 or 12 group (so 11 vs. 11, or 11 vs. 12). It's the same situation as those 1-2 DC-er player in almost every Public Game?

Edited by Sky Hawk, 23 June 2014 - 11:06 AM.

#14 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:06 AM

If I had the option, I would probably be ok with being the "lone wolf" filling out an organized group.

#15 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Neat!

I'm really excited to hear about the Jump Jet Modifications. A lot of us were initially worried that 1 JJ were going to be even more powerful, but now that may not be the case. I look forward to seeing how it's implemented.

All in all these are some great additions coming down the line. Group Queue is going to be a scary, scary place!

#16 Shylok

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

12 man competitive groups still need to be their own separate queue.

I'm all for improvements to the MM so we start seeing less 12 to 0 ROFLstomps or Assault Warrior Online, but this almost feels like punishment for people wanting to group up and is not going to solve that problem by having them potentially play against hardcore competitive 12 mans that practice all the time.

#17 MuonNeutrino

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

View PostFishhawk, on 23 June 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

yeah, but I'm curious to know how often this will happen. How many 10-man vs 12-man groupings will there be? I'm sure there are quite a few 2-man groupings. So maybe the odds of you being thrown into a 10-man vs 12-man group isn't as likely as you think.

Any is too often. I do not want to play with large groups of people in the public queue. If I wanted that, I would be on a team and dropping in the 12s queue. 10+2 vs 12 is only one of the possible bad outcomes. I don't want to be in any 2+2+4+4 vs 10+2, or 6+2+4 vs 8+4, or 2+2+3+5 vs 4+4+4 games either, or anything like that. Groups of players have a massively disproportionately high chance of being filled with poptarts and other assorted unpleasant meta mechs and/or unpleasant meta pilots. I do not want to play with them.

Edited by MuonNeutrino, 23 June 2014 - 11:09 AM.

#18 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

View Postmp00, on 23 June 2014 - 11:04 AM, said:

Sweet! I love the other sized group option. Keep up the communication, keep up the work and keep up the testing.

Agreed that there will be some 12 man stomps on the multiple smaller groups, but this will hopefully encourage more teamwork. Though would like option for the 2 cues.. still I like it!

I am curious how the MM will work with larger groups.

If I have a 10man + a 2 man will it give me 2+2+2+2+2+2? Because that would not be very good.

If it gives you 4+4+4, that would not be as bad, but still not great.

If it has a mechanic to match 10 mans to say...only a group >6 + other groups to round it out, that would be fine.

#19 THE ERASER

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:08 AM

Hey you guy's, you are awesome! Keep it coming. This news is on nearly the same Level as the announcement of a Mechwarrior Game back in 2009. S! to you all!

#20 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:10 AM

This is actually pretty huge...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users