Technical Update - June 2014 - Feedback

114 replies to this topic

#61 NightinCrow

• Pip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

I hope Victors/DS got the agility back after this patch, or they'll be nothing :)

#62 Blackwolf 1 1

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

Thanks so much for the updates, it's nice to hear what's in the works right now. I agree with several other people though, that more maps are needed. Even seeing night and day versions of maps like Caustic, Canyon Network, and Terra Therma would be a nice change of pace. Any chance we will be hearing about new maps or possibly game modes soon?

#63 Leyaria Sunbeam Ihinimtah

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

Is the Awesome being redesigned yet? And will weapon systems be visible on the Awesome any time soon?

#64 Devayner

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts
  • Locationcolorado

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

i think i peed my pants a bit when i heard mousewheel.

#65 Xenon Codex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 575 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

View PostDevayner, on 24 June 2014 - 06:26 PM, said:

i think i peed my pants a bit when i heard mousewheel.

FYI you can bind your mousewheel currently if you edit your [redacted] file located under [redacted] Here's a snippet from my file where I have it bound to Next Target.

[redacted]

Edited by Egomane, 25 June 2014 - 02:49 AM.
modifying game files... please read this thread: http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/107033-custom-modifications-to-the-mwo-game-client/

#66 Devayner

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts
  • Locationcolorado

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

View PostXenonCx, on 24 June 2014 - 06:35 PM, said:

FYI you can bind your mousewheel currently if you edit your [redacted] file located under [redacted] Here's a snippet from my file where I have it bound to Next Target.

[redacted]

[redacted]

Even though i can,I should not have to.Its not like is some highend macro spewing gaming mouse function.Every one has one(there is a joke somewhere ).Should have ben there from day one IMO.Sry pet peve.

Edited by Egomane, 25 June 2014 - 02:50 AM.
see the edit note on post above

#67 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:39 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 23 June 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

Hey Matt... I liked the update.

Could you PLEASE look into performance decaying with thermal vision? When I play the game for long periods of time, thermal vision performance decays over that period of time. The longer I play, the more performance is lost. This is not affecting all maps in the same way, but Frozen City tends to be the typical culprit though. PLEASE strongly look into that.

noticed that too, especially frozen city with thermal crushes fps after a while

#68 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:06 AM

View PostHellen Wheels, on 23 June 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

So, where are my loyalty points from the Phoenix package in all this? Or was that just BS and I need to seek a refund? Howzabout you investigate THAT?

Agreed.

CW and this feature should be priority.

Seems odd to me that srms just so happen to get fixed when clans arrive, after a year of trying.

No more tweaks, sli crossfire, maps, combat modes, or whatever until you make work what those of us whom bought a pheonix package, expected , or compensate us

View PostShazabi, on 24 June 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

I hope Victors/DS got the agility back after this patch, or they'll be nothing ;)

well they'll still be poptarts

Edited by Cathy, 25 June 2014 - 10:05 AM.

#69 ZachMan119

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 115 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia somewhere...

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:35 AM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 23 June 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

I think that was a regular artillery strike you saw in the last VLog, true destructible terrain is not likely in the near future as anything that alters the terrain features would need to be resolved for all players over the network. There is still quite a bit we can do to sell the impact of the weapons without going so far as deforming terrain though.

For example trees are often noted as wanting the ability to knock them down, this can be possible without conveying that destruction over the network, we just have to carefully control what sections can be knocked down, as a tree that is knocked over on your client may not be knocked over on someone elses client.

This means we need to be careful that this discrepancy is reasonable for the player and doesn't lead to scenarios where one user feels cheated as he was hiding in foliage that another player had earlier knocked over so was able to make a shot the other player feels wasn't possible. Or put another way it needs to remain purely cosmetic with regards to gameplay.

We'll continue to investigate ways to convey destruction in the game though it seems likely that upcoming efforts on destruction may be more focused on mech on mech collisions. We'd probably like to see Mechs truly convey their weight when they hit each other before doing more work with environment destruction. We'll keep you posted as and when we have something more concrete to share.

That will nice to at lest deform the terrain and knocking down trees.

View PostRedDragon, on 23 June 2014 - 11:52 PM, said:

Hey Matt, thanks for the regular updates!

"Especially the Dire Wolf walks like it is on drugs", while it should look like a lumbering war machine ;)

hahahaha. very true!

#70 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:37 AM

I've noticed a rather large gap in performance depending on the map (with GTX 660Ti SLI, up to 20FPS difference depending on the map with everything set to Very High using DX11). Maybe during performance optimization passes, the maps could be looked at and evened out a bit? River City seems especially heavy and I'm guessing it has partially something to do with the amount of smoke rising from various parts of the map.

Overall, Crysis 3 performs about 5-10% better on average than MWO in my testing. It is also more consistent, though. There are some things in MWO that just make FPS dive (I have never seen Crysis 3 dive from 60-65FPS to 40FPS like I have with MWO). Hopefully the dev team can really get things straightened out for us SLI users in the near future.

#71 ZachMan119

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:37 AM

View PostCathy, on 25 June 2014 - 10:06 AM, said:

well they'll still be poptarts

And META builds... (any PPCs & AC5s)

#72 Matta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCroatia, Europe

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

Matt (my namesake by the way ;) ), thank you for your regular updates on the state of the game, I really appreciate it.

I would also like to know when are we getting new maps (it should be Jungle if I'm not mistaken ?) ? To be frank, it's getting a bit dull with existing maps.

#73 ZachMan119

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:57 PM

View PostMatta, on 25 June 2014 - 12:32 PM, said:

Matt (my namesake by the way :P ), thank you for your regular updates on the state of the game, I really appreciate it.

I would also like to know when are we getting new maps (it should be Jungle if I'm not mistaken ?) ? To be frank, it's getting a bit dull with existing maps.

Yeah, I REALLY want new maps, not new 'Mechs.

#74 skorpionet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 292 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:29 AM

About HUD, I think you must to do something to make the target distance more visible. There are many weapons that have effectiveness or completely not on distance base!

About performance, Frozen City (no Night) is a pain.

Edited by skorpionet, 26 June 2014 - 06:32 AM.

#75 skorpionet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 292 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:47 AM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 24 June 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

The website has it's own database; however, the website has to query a lot of information from the main game database for your stats and inventory information for your website profile.

I'm sure that you can do this in a better way. Data Warehouse logical, Report Server implementation, Replication and Mirroring technologies could help you architecture.

#76 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

View PostHellen Wheels, on 23 June 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

So, where are my loyalty points from the Phoenix package in all this? Or was that just BS and I need to seek a refund?

That was an idea they had at the time about how Community Warfare could work one day, if/when they ever got around to designing and programming it.

But as we now know, the design for CW wasn't even done last April, let alone last year when they sold the Phoenix Packs.

Edited by Appogee, 26 June 2014 - 02:34 PM.

#77 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:35 PM

Given "...the effort now shifts to focus on getting the new Matchmaker out and then onwards to Community Warfare", what's the current forecast for the introduction of Community Warfare?

#78 Commissar Aku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 195 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:30 PM

So.. The plan is to not even try to put out CW? Wouldn't it be easier to bring out CW and fix things after? I mean all of this will be made moot when you roll out community warfare anyway so why not put all your effort into finishing what you promised and then fix the match maker.

#79 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:35 PM

Hmmm QUESTION!!!

Yes yes all very well and good but will the group play have to all stay in the 4x3 (3/3/3/3)? What I am asking for example is the 6 player group and 6 player group vs a 12 player group will they each have to play by this guide line?

#80 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:12 AM

View Postclownwarlord, on 26 June 2014 - 11:35 PM, said:

Yes yes all very well and good but will the group play have to all stay in the 4x3 (3/3/3/3)? What I am asking for example is the 6 player group and 6 player group vs a 12 player group will they each have to play by this guide line?

I believe the answer will be: the group can't exceed 3 of any weight class, which is the same as the present implementation for four man teams.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users