43 replies to this topic

#1 Madcat3

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:19 PM

Hi, i'm new to mwo.
I've been playing for only a few days and decided to buy a timberwolf because it was my favourite mech in mw2. I decided to sell one of them so I could buy a stalker at the time I didn't see a point in owning 3 of the same mech. But as I found out after i did this that i couldn't unlock the elite tier of skills for my timberwolf without owning all three variants. Is there anyway of buying back the mech I sold with C-Bills or MC just so I can unlock the skills. Considering this mech package cost so much in the first place I'd hate to see it goto waste over a small thing like this.

#2 Alexandrix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 910 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:24 PM

Well,first of all.Fail. :unsure:

second,contact support,they are the only ones that MIGHT be able to help you at this point.

support@mwomercs.com

#3 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

No, the Developers thrive not giving new players enough information so they make little mistakes like this and you are then encouraged to spend cash on the game. At this point those mechs are only available for cash, and yours won't be for sale for Cbills (in game cash) for months.

I have heard that customer support sometimes does some good things for people but I'm betting they won't/can't help you in this case. That said, it can't hurt to try. I hope you get lucky!

Edited by TLBFestus, 02 July 2014 - 08:26 PM.

#4 badaa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:30 PM

View PostTarvold, on 02 July 2014 - 08:19 PM, said:

Hi, i'm new to mwo.
I've been playing for only a few days and decided to buy a timberwolf because it was my favourite mech in mw2. I decided to sell one of them so I could buy a stalker at the time I didn't see a point in owning 3 of the same mech. But as I found out after i did this that i couldn't unlock the elite tier of skills for my timberwolf without owning all three variants. Is there anyway of buying back the mech I sold with C-Bills or MC just so I can unlock the skills. Considering this mech package cost so much in the first place I'd hate to see it goto waste over a small thing like this.

welcome to the pgi "*****"

#5 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

View PostTarvold, on 02 July 2014 - 08:19 PM, said:

Hi, i'm new to mwo.

Contact support and cross your fingers. I've no idea what their policy is in this case.

#6 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

Deffinatly contact support, explain you are new and didnt understand, and have severe regret. If they do not help, they are D-bags IMO, new player's XP should outweigh the insignificant monetary value in a case like this.

if it was me, I would offer to buy the mechbay needed to put the sold clan mech back in, or to move the stalker to if need be. This way, you take a small ownership in your mistake, evenif it was a mistake made because of lack of info.

Really, they should help you. Only the worst kind of greed would prevent them from doing so IMO.

#7 Lord Perversor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

View PostEldagore, on 02 July 2014 - 08:32 PM, said:

Deffinatly contact support, explain you are new and didnt understand, and have severe regret. If they do not help, they are D-bags IMO, new player's XP should outweigh the insignificant monetary value in a case like this.

if it was me, I would offer to buy the mechbay needed to put the sold clan mech back in, or to move the stalker to if need be. This way, you take a small ownership in your mistake, evenif it was a mistake made because of lack of info.

Really, they should help you. Only the worst kind of greed would prevent them from doing so IMO.

As far i'm aware PGI has given back the Mech in such cases on past times....

#8 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:49 PM

First, send a message to support and ask pretty please. I think they would be able to help you in this situation.

Second, NEVER sell mechs. It only leads to regret.

#9 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:57 PM

View PostRouken, on 02 July 2014 - 09:49 PM, said:

First, send a message to support and ask pretty please. I think they would be able to help you in this situation.

Unless they are IS mechs you did not pay currency for. :unsure:

#10 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:01 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 02 July 2014 - 09:57 PM, said:

Unless they are IS mechs you did not pay currency for. :unsure:

Even then... Mech-bays are fairly cheap. Had I sold off mechs I don't typically use I wouldn't have had any I could dust off and downgrade for Stock Mech Monday. As it is I have two set up and ready to go now for fairly cheap.

#11 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

View PostRouken, on 02 July 2014 - 09:49 PM, said:

My solded awesome disagree. He can no longer be ***** because of me and he's fine with that.

#12 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:32 AM

View PostTLBFestus, on 02 July 2014 - 08:26 PM, said:

No, the Developers thrive not giving new players enough information so they make little mistakes like this and you are then encouraged to spend cash on the game. At this point those mechs are only available for cash, and yours won't be for sale for Cbills (in game cash) for months.

I have heard that customer support sometimes does some good things for people but I'm betting they won't/can't help you in this case. That said, it can't hurt to try. I hope you get lucky!

Support does a lot of good things for people, and generally offer anyone one free chance at a refund on an MC item (such as a hero mech), but no refunds on C-bill items (since you did not pay any real currency for a c-bill item) and no refunds of incorrectly spent XP/GXP (since you did not pay any real currency for xp or gxp)

Reverting a mech sale for a Clan mech, that's going to be trickier, especially since it is complicated by the C-bill money earned in the transacton (especially if he already spent it!!) not to mention items being mismatched if the mech was modified or sold without including it's components. Messy messy.

#13 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:37 AM

I am going to say that they will most likely solve this problem since it is cash package related.

I remember when I first got my founders pack I accidentally clicked on the wrong founders mech and I sent a ticket and they let me pick a different mech.

#14 Demuder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:41 AM

Don't discourage the OP. As far as my own experience with customer support goes, they have always been prompt, polite and really try to help. I would find it pretty strange if they refused to reverse the sale for him.

#15 Marmon Rzohr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 769 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the universe, probably

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:56 AM

View Postbadaa, on 02 July 2014 - 08:30 PM, said:

**** CONGRATULTAIONS ****

Here is your Award For The Most Helpful Comment Ever.

Posted Image

#16 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:33 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 02 July 2014 - 09:57 PM, said:

Unless they are IS mechs you did not pay currency for. ;)

I know right. Spend $55 to buy 3 Timber Wolves only to sell them off? Who does that.

View Postbadaa, on 02 July 2014 - 08:30 PM, said:

Posted Image

#17 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:36 AM

View PostNgamok, on 03 July 2014 - 06:33 AM, said:

I know right. Spend $55 to buy 3 Timber Wolves only to sell them off? Who does that.

Posted Image

I've done it with the Phoenix mechs I didn't want. In this case, since they are Omni-mechs, I can't think of a reason to sell any of them. They can all basically be made into whatever my favorite build ends up being. I did elite the chasis before selling them though.

Edited by Bilbo, 03 July 2014 - 06:37 AM.

#18 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:38 AM

He wanted to sell 1 (one) because he didn't understand why he needed all 3 (three), its a common mistake and i bet half the people on here saying..."dumb" have made worse ones.

This is a flaw in the game, there is NO WHERE near enough info for new players.

Hit up Customer Service, GM Reppu will help ya out!

Edited by DarthRevis, 03 July 2014 - 06:47 AM.

#19 Armament

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 198 posts
  • LocationPiloting a Dire Wolf.

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:40 AM

I've gotta say, selling any mech for c-bills that you paid real money for is pretty stupid. I hope support can help you though.

#20 zhajin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:46 AM

View PostArmament, on 03 July 2014 - 06:40 AM, said:

I've gotta say, selling any mech for c-bills that you paid real money for is pretty stupid. I hope support can help you though.

actually its not, especially with clan mechs many of which are completely redundant. when buying packs you get a lot of mechs that are effectively worthless once xped. overall the 3 variant xp this is pretty poor design, and given the circumstances I hope support will roll back or swap the mechs. particularly given that he has no way to buy the mech (can you even buy two of the same mech packs?)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users