• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:09 AM

View PostHellcat420, on 06 July 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:

that wont change anything, and why would it. you really think someone is gonna pay the ridiculous amount pgi charges for mechs to not play them? hell you can buy 1 or 2 AAA games for the price of one ala carte clan mech. why would someone buy that then not use it? we are not here to make the game fun for you, we are here to have fun, and I don't know about you but playing in a mech I don't want to play in is not fun at all.

View PostN0MAD, on 06 July 2014 - 10:53 PM, said:

Ya keep trying to force people to play Lights because YOU want then to but THEY DONT want to.
Thats going to work out well.

Yes and with this thinking we will never have anything but a few mechs.

How dare any sort of restrictions stop me from doing things MY way ... what do you mean i cannot shoose my map! What! I cannot put energy weapons in this hardpoint! How dare any restrictions impinge upon what I PAID FOR!! I should be able to do whatever i want screw fairness balance and a better experience for all players!!

Yes well lets see if my sarcasm can make that point without elaborating further.

I am glad someone quoted Bryan though I did not realise the numbers were what the queue contained not in game, so i am assuming the numbers are not too bad its just that lights must get games super quick? I do hope that PGI gives us some indication of how often the matchmaker much break the 3/3/3/3 rule etc but i feel a little better i was thinking this was total population but I should have realised.

For those talking about optional capturable objectives that give in game bonuses ... welcome to when the game first came out and i was screaming in closed beta for this ... i was told it was low priority, PGI will get right on that, that will not help role warfare what are you talking about .... sigh.

Game modes have a massive impact on your game PGI, i love skirmish but i would sell my beloved twin gauss jager for more complex game modes ...

#402 Blacksoul1987

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 392 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:17 AM

View PostDONTOR, on 03 July 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

IS mechs can one shot lights too, whats your point??

Yeah I've stopped willingly using light mechs long before clans appeared biggest reason high damage alpha strikes, a good pilot will eventually hit you at least I know I can. the presence of a lot of lrms also makes piloting lights annoying since you can't even tangle with enemy lights without getting rained on.

#403 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:20 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 July 2014 - 09:58 PM, said:

Posted Image

So... like the next patch they've got a fix for the issue.

Seriously, what has been put in the water there... and how to we ensure nobody screws with the dose?

Good stuff, very pleased to hear things like that. Not only do I see that but I have no doubts that it'll go in on time or we'll hear a better date (and probably a why)... and it'll work as hoped/advertised.

That's very cool, it makes me happy.

#404 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:38 AM

There is no need, to push the Lights. Till almost every match, it is a Bug or a Pyroman the last RED player.. Mostly, with the best Kill-numbers..

Kamiko's numbers says clearly: An average Team is: 2/2/4/4.. That's 2 Lights average.. more than enough! More Lights?.. Really? How many want you?

Ye, perhaps, I am the only player here.. But,
- when I see (visual) an Ugly Face, but the radar is clear.. I think: Target the ECM-side.
- when I see a Mikey, or some Heliport... I think: Target CT.. Eat this!
- when I see red side-HUD, and flasing Armor... I turn around, and I see 1 (or more) Lights... I think:.. Sh... (Endsceen) YOU HAVE BEEN DESTROYED..

No! Lights are powerfull enought, far enough...

Edited by Sky Hawk, 07 July 2014 - 03:39 AM.

#405 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:40 AM

I still see mechs (especially lights) who refuse to feather their hops even knowing that doing so is going to net some damage...

Not sure if this is the net result of ignorance, arrogance or stubbornness... But I can tell you, I've always practiced feathered landings and this nerf has had absolutely zero impact on my game-play.

Absolutely... there needs to be some tweaking (Acknowledged by russ thankfully) but the bulk of players I've witnessed issuing complaint over fall damage are the same pilots who pilot their lights like they exist inside a Pachinko machine. :unsure:

That said... Ya'll are getting tunnel vision on the fall damage issue when there are far more pressing issues present that are holding back lights from being viable.

Edited by DaZur, 07 July 2014 - 03:42 AM.

#406 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:09 AM

View PostSky Hawk, on 07 July 2014 - 03:38 AM, said:

There is no need, to push the Lights. Till almost every match, it is a Bug or a Pyroman the last RED player.. Mostly, with the best Kill-numbers..

Really? I tend to see assaults and heavies with the highest amount of kills, not lights. And yes, there's often a light left standing at the end - that's because they're no threat and safe to leave until the dangerous 'mechs have been dealt with.

Kamiko's numbers says clearly: An average Team is: 2/2/4/4.. That's 2 Lights average.. more than enough! More Lights?.. Really? How many want you?

3/3/3/3 is the stated goal of the matchmaker, how about we aim for that? I know this game will never reflect the Inner Sphere distribution of 3/4/2/1, but it's kind of sad to so often see it reversed to 1/2/4/3.

- when I see red side-HUD, and flasing Armor... I turn around, and I see 1 (or more) Lights... I think:.. Sh... (Endsceen) YOU HAVE BEEN DESTROYED.

That says more about you than it says about any light pilot.

No! Lights are powerfull enought, far enough...

That's why there's so many of them, right? :unsure:

View PostDaZur, on 07 July 2014 - 03:40 AM, said:

I still see mechs (especially lights) who refuse to feather their hops even knowing that doing so is going to net some damage..

I cannot "feather" my "hops" since I have no jump jets on my Commandos.

Not sure if this is the net result of ignorance, arrogance or stubbornness... But I can tell you, I've always practiced feathered landings and this nerf has had absolutely zero impact on my game-play.

That's the most irritating thing about this whole debacle; the mechanic was put into place to reduce the effectiveness of jump jets, and it accomplished the exact opposite: 'Mechs with jump jets are largely unaffected, while 'mechs without jump jets (and lights especially) get punished.

there are far more pressing issues present that are holding back lights from being viable.

Agreed, and we're all waiting for the day when PGI gets their thumb out and do what they said they would do over a year ago; increase rewards and implement more role warfare.

All that said, it's good to see PGI preparing to adjust the fall damage.

#407 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,705 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:14 AM

View PostSgtMagor, on 03 July 2014 - 08:27 AM, said:

If anything I'm surprised med mechs are showing such a low percentage.

The fall damage buffs screwed medium brawlers big time. Between that, agile heavies, and insane alphas that sill get tossed around there's really no point to playing mediums period.

#408 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:38 AM

View PostSandpit, on 06 July 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:

so 15% is good? lol 15% at the absolute highest peak times of the game isn't exactly what most of us would consider variety...

The average still seems to be well under 10% (closer to 5 from what I've seen) so tell us how that equates to "working"?

How about instead of calling someone names you contribute to the conversation on ideas of how to get more lights and mediums in the game?

Please don't put words in my mouth.
What equates to "working"? I never said anything about "working".

I called out a politician who skews "Statistics" without context in order to bolster a false argument.

After my little post a lot of edits took place...a lot of time stamps vanished. Hmmm.

Names? How would you describe his post? Productive? Useful? Helpful? Thoughtful?
Perhaps just grunting?

Take a look at kamiko kross posting, there you will see 15-20% lights before the clan patch. New shiny mechs arrive...how long do you spend mastering those beasts (say 4 chassis types, although many have more) 1 week? 2weeks? 4 weeks? 8 weeks?
4-8 weeks would be my estimate. There is no problem. Just problem makers.

Cheers!

#409 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,612 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:52 AM

I am seeing 14 to 23% Lights, 20-28% Mediums, 33-40% Heavies, and 28-38% Assaults.

That's normal for MechWarrior games by the way. Maybe MW4 was alot harder on Lights, but MW3 was about like MWO in mech populations.

Once the Shadow Cat arrives expect the Medium mech usage to spike if PGI does the Scat right. Sweet little mech, big guns, MASC, ample energy and missiles.

#410 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:03 AM

View PostUrsh, on 07 July 2014 - 03:07 AM, said:

There's this http://mwomercs.com/...8-carry-harder/ where lots of people have posted 1000+ damage, 5+ kill games in their lights.

Lights don't need smaller hitboxes.

Yes...one 1000+ damages...how many patches ago :unsure:
That doesn't hold true anymore..If anything, the mediums, heavies and assaults are the one carrying harder.
Truth is...piloting lights just doesn't cut it, hence seeing '1%' in matchmaking status..and that's no lie, or wishful thinking but FACT.

And yes, Lights do need to have slightly smaller hit boxes if they want to be 'Competitive'

Edited by Delas Ting Usee, 07 July 2014 - 06:43 AM.

#411 Hatachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 456 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:55 AM

Part of the reason it looks so much more imbalanced in numbers compared to prepatch is that mediums and lights aren't waiting to get into matches so they don't have to sit in the queue.

#412 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:57 AM

View PostAdiuvo, on 03 July 2014 - 08:02 AM, said:

Dude, it's not that light mechs are kinda ****** or anything. You just like, need to, you know, L2P!! And not get shot!! Ever!! Stay in cover!! Never move!! Only n00bs get shot by stuff!! Real light pilots are basically invincible!!

Trust me in my low Elo games where people stand still I do MAJOR damage. Like, I got a whole 400!! Beat that metacheezers!!!

I've almost gotten a 1000 damage in my spider and fire starter light mechs. In fact those are the only IS mechs I have anymore. Once you go clan you dont feel the need to go back to IS

#413 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:10 AM

*GASP* I just saw 22% Lights! (granted, only 10% mediums and the usual bulk of heaviers... but still! 22%)

#414 WarHawkZero

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 9 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:30 AM

I'm not sure if it has been brought up before in this thread, but what about a simple c-bill based incentive system to nudge players toward balancing the classes. You could simply have a base 125% payout minus whatever the % pop of the class you launch in has at the time.

So for example if the light population is at 5% when you launch, you would get
125%
- 5%
= 120% payout.

Conversely, if you select heavy when the population is at 50% you would get
125%
- 50%
= 75% payout.

This would give players incentive to even things out while not getting c-bill totals too out of control.

#415 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:36 AM

3/3/3/3 working as intended.

PGI totally knows what they are doing with this not at all half-assed bandaid, no real matchmaking needed.

#416 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

View PostWarHawkZero, on 07 July 2014 - 06:30 AM, said:

I'm not sure if it has been brought up before in this thread, but what about a simple c-bill based incentive system to nudge players toward balancing the classes. You could simply have a base 125% payout minus whatever the % pop of the class you launch in has at the time.
So for example if the light population is at 5% when you launch, you would get
125%
- 5%
= 120% payout.
Conversely, if you select heavy when the population is at 50% you would get
125%
- 50%
= 75% payout.
This would give players incentive to even things out while not getting c-bill totals too out of control.

Out of curiosity, what will people be spending these c-bills on?

We could spend it on new light mechs, which will give us more c-bills to buy even more light mechs!

Or we could spend it on assault mechs, and the incentive will ironically lead to even fewer people playing assault mechs.

Of course, PGI could make light mechs more fun to play by actually making them more deadly, but... then people would be playing light mechs because it was... fun.

#417 Xyroc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 855 posts
  • LocationFighting the Clan Invasion

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:44 AM

too much fall dmg again lights will remain inactive.

#418 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:50 AM

Methinks, me speculates - that even with lessen falling damage, you'll still see a small percentage when it comes to lights.

#419 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:04 AM

It sucks to be right sometimes.

On a happier note, I bought Direwolve and loaded the prime up w/ dual Clan Gauss Rifles and dual CERPPCs. With a bit of practice I've been getting a lot better at putting 50 pts of damage into one section. Being on the opposite end of one shotting lights is satisfying, in a kind of crying-while-doing-it sort of way.

#420 The Blood God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 233 posts
  • Locationchester england

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:09 AM

yeah before june 17th the battle field was awash with ECM lights and cicadas most teams consisted of 5 lights an atlas DC or 2 and a random couple of heavies/mediums now the clans are out and every body is mastering their timber wolf's and war hawks the IS pilots counter measure for this is heavy fire power which ya just dont get in lights and mediums, think the only reason im seeing so many black jacks lately is because there's one on trial with an ac 20

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users