• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 July 2014 - 12:09 PM, said:

Not on about it. Just thinking mm isn't broken and there could be other possible reasons for it. Could it have been a bad run? tend to doubt that because in between the solo play is like it was the first day. I figured that a few would chime in with anything to preclude critical thinking but until pgi chimes in saying mm is busted the most likely reason is the same old reason we have hit the past two years. That is people gaming it for advantage.
There is no mechanism to stop that possibility of synch dropping and if the timing is good the odds favor being on the same team. Its entirely possible so like politicians when several come in with insults or are adamant it isn't possible it increases the probability it is in reality.

no, you're trying to not so subtly blame one-sided matches on premades. That's exactly what you're doing and you're not fooling a single person that's been here long enough to see your infamous "premades ruin the game" rhetoric.

You're trying to say that your one-sided games are because you have some evil entity out there that finds it much easier and much more enjoyable to try and randomly sync up solo players instead of just dropping in a group. You're trying to, yet again, blame preamdes even though there's a completely separate queue now and groups are gone from the solo queues.

Save it, not a single solitary person here is buying it dude. Haven't you noticed that not a single person in this thread agrees with you? not one? You literally have people dismissing your thread because of your rhetoric.

If you really truly want to help improve the MM, balance, etc. then you'd stop with your premade rhetoric and entertain ideas and suggestions that could improve it instead of doing nothing but complaining about something that simply isn't happening based on "I KNOW the difference between a pug and premade because there's just no way humanly possible that a pug group could use teamwork like that and I've played long enough to "spot a premade"

Just stop dude. You're not going to be taken seriously.
You're arguing against every single person in teh community
You're absurdly arguing against the hard mechanics in place of the MM system that prevent what you're talking about

You didn't want feedback on a potential bug, you wanted to see if you could garner some "premades are evil" hate support and you're not fooling anyone into believing otherwise.

IF it did happen once, maybe twice, then you should have done what was suggested at the start of this thread and provide evidence to support other than "I know the difference between a pug and premade based on some "spider sense" that lets me know when I'm in proximity of a premade danger"

#42 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

LOL, Sandpit as always.,...

#43 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 July 2014 - 12:09 PM, said:

Not on about it. Just thinking mm isn't broken and there could be other possible reasons for it. Could it have been a bad run? tend to doubt that because in between the solo play is like it was the first day. I figured that a few would chime in with anything to preclude critical thinking but until pgi chimes in saying mm is busted the most likely reason is the same old reason we have hit the past two years. That is people gaming it for advantage.
There is no mechanism to stop that possibility of synch dropping and if the timing is good the odds favor being on the same team. Its entirely possible so like politicians when several come in with insults or are adamant it isn't possible it increases the probability it is in reality.

wut
Posted Image

#44 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

I am as hard on PGI as anyone here. I post enough that some people think I only post negative things.

But what they did with the recent matchmaker changes was awesome, and it's not surprising Karl Berg was involved.

So lets stop being dumb. The game feels really good.

Now we just need more modes, more maps, social tools and CW.

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 July 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

Shut the hell up dude.

#45 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:22 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 July 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

No, you mean Sandpit
and everyone else that has responded to your thread.

#46 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:25 PM

Posted Image
follow the the cake to ktown little thread, follow the cake.

#47 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:27 PM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 06 July 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

I am as hard on PGI as anyone here. I post enough that some people think I only post negative things.

But what they did with the recent matchmaker changes was awesome, and it's not surprising Karl Berg was involved.

So lets stop being dumb. The game feels really good.

Now we just need more modes, more maps, social tools and CW.

Shut the hell up dude.

I feel the same and posted a thank you thread here in gen discussion. Its still great so I dont see the issue in finding ways to close possible loopholes or at least look if its required. The stone wall attitude that its either no possible or isn't a problem has been run into before here. You probably remember Sandpit saying how splitting the ques would never work too a thousand times on a hundred threads. Voip is on its way too. he must be steaming,

#48 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

I's also like to point out that it only became "sync drops are ruining the game" after you were told, by several, that the hard mechanics of the MM will not allow premades into the solo queue. THEN it became "oh, well they must be sync dropping then"

Again dude, you're just wrong. There's no other way to put it. You are incorrect in every single one of your assumptions and the entire community (pugs and premades alike) telling you that you're wrong and showing you why and how you're wrong due to the way the MM works now. Instead of accepting that you were wrong, you want to concoct absurd conspiracy theories on how you somehow "know" when you're fighting a premade and that they're out there lurking in the shadows trying to sync drop 12 people into the same game instead of just forming a group.

So let's see...

We have one of two choices to go with

1.) Your conspiracy theories and arguments against the hard mechanics of the system that disallow the very thing you're complaining about

or

2.) you are blaming a scapegoat for your one-sided matches

I wonder which one is more probable....?

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 July 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

I feel the same and posted a thank you thread here in gen discussion. Its still great so I dont see the issue in finding ways to close possible loopholes or at least look if its required. The stone wall attitude that its either no possible or isn't a problem has been run into before here. You probably remember Sandpit saying how splitting the ques would never work too a thousand times on a hundred threads. Voip is on its way too. he must be steaming,

again, you're just showing your true colors by offering absolutely nothing constructive on your own topic and just trying to take it to a personal level yet again hoping you'll get people distracted and jump on your "i hate sand" bandwagon

Either offer up some constructive ideas for the game or stfu
seriously
Name one idea, suggestion, or ANYTHING for that matter, that you've offered up in this thread to help improve the MM that you're complainign about
just one

View PostKharnZor, on 06 July 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

Posted Image
follow the the cake to ktown little thread, follow the cake.

I'll have to dig out a cake meme soon for this thread just to honor Mud's first "contribution" to the community in quite a while. It should definitely be commemorated

It also amazes me that out of the THOUSANDS of players in this game, apparently this "problem" only happens to one person out of the entire community...

#49 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:35 PM

Whats most probable is mm isn't broken and something else is to account for it. Could it be high elo? maybe but seen lots of high elo matches too. What i do know like most anyone who has played awhile is keyboard players do not change direction together in a timely fashion and I watched some extreme pivots in a few of these matches. Pugs take time to move as many are not concentrating on the chat window. Past that in two of the matches we had narc on targets and they quickly moved into ecm cover before missles flew. Yes it could be a fluke but only time will tell.

I do know how many times you told me the same things but the game changed to counter it against your adamant wishes. Im just happy solo que is in and the sky didn't fall like you told us it would.

#50 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 July 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

Whats most probable is mm isn't broken and something else is to account for it. Could it be high elo? maybe but seen lots of high elo matches too. What i do know like most anyone who has played awhile is keyboard players do not change direction together in a timely fashion and I watched some extreme pivots in a few of these matches. Pugs take time to move as many are not concentrating on the chat window. Past that in two of the matches we had narc on targets and they quickly moved into ecm cover before missles flew. Yes it could be a fluke but only time will tell.

I do know how many times you told me the same things but the game changed to counter it against your adamant wishes. Im just happy solo que is in and the sky didn't fall like you told us it would.

yet here you are blaming premades yet again.

It amazes me how you continue to offer nothing constructive on your own thread and topic. It amazes me how every single person in this thread has told you that your'e wrong and yet it's somehow "me" causing it lol

smh

this is why I'm glad you have your own queue to play in so I never ever have to worry about listening to you in game.

#51 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

Not blaming premades so stop beating a dead horse. I am exploring the possibility that some groups of people could be gaming solo que and wondering how to close that door if in fact it proves true. You made a big deal out of the synch dropping issue last year just as here but when I posted the link to steiners openly recruiting to do it you fell silent.

Posted Image

#52 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

Funny, i've been in the group que alot (in a group normally between 3 and 7) and we've beaten almost (i'll get you one day HoL haha) every 12 man there is out there so far. In my games the other groups fit well and its not that hard to coordinate if you outline what you are going to do before the game starts then it just flows on from there.
Saying that pugs cant coordinate against premades is blatantly false and you are just showing how inexperienced you are at anything even remotely approaching high level elo matches.

#53 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 July 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

Not blaming premades so stop beating a dead horse. I am exploring the possibility that some groups of people could be gaming solo que and wondering how to close that door if in fact it proves true. You made a big deal out of the synch dropping issue last year just as here but when I posted the link to steiners openly recruiting to do it you fell silent.

Posted Image

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 July 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

Past two days seems like I am dropping into 8/12 mans every match. .

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 July 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:

I seriously doubt that after 10k matches. I am pretty sure by now i know when a team is on comms

maybe everyone else except you is misunderstanding what you wrote then...

View PostKharnZor, on 06 July 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:

Saying that pugs cant coordinate against premades is blatantly false and you are just showing how inexperienced you are at anything even remotely approaching high level elo matches.

ding ding ding

#54 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

This seems like a classic example of bad's getting mad.

You're not getting owned by 12 manz, but by good solos and small groups.

#55 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:52 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 06 July 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

Good solos? Blasphemy.

#56 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:54 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 06 July 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

No way. That's not possible. He "knows" when it's a premade. Which just coincidentally coincides with his stomps. Only his though apparently

#57 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Qc, Cnd

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

Either offer up some constructive ideas for the game or stfu
seriously
Name one idea, suggestion, or ANYTHING for that matter, that you've offered up in this thread to help improve the MM that you're complainign about
just one

QFT

#58 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:00 PM

View PostSandpit, on 06 July 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

No way. That's not possible. He "knows" when it's a premade. Which just coincidentally coincides with his stomps. Only his though apparently

I know, right? He has a history of blaming everything on premads.

Too bad he now has to get good, or get out.

#59 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

No, the odds on a 4man dropping in the pug queue next to syncing solos is best described as astronomical. Statistically you are more likely to die by being struck by a meteor, or be killed by an aircraft crashing into you.

Still more likely than winning the poor tax, err Powerball.

#60 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Qc, Cnd

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:09 PM

No, the odds on a 4man dropping in the pug queue next to syncing solos is best described as astronomical.

Odds get better when you all pick the same game type :)

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users