• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:26 AM

View PostWarblood, on 06 July 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

As Nikolai said here --> http://mwomercs.com/...n/page__st__360

NO.

WE WERE STOMPED. CLEARLY, IT'S THE MATCHMAKER'S FAULT AND THE EVIL PREMADES REACHING OUT FROM THE GRAVEGROUP QUEUE!

It could not possibly be because we were simply outplayed, or someone on the opposing team stepped up and took the mantle of Cat Herder. Possibly even saying they were an 8man premade to incite despair.

Along these notes, I spawned (solo) in a match solo, in my DWF-Prime. In a lance with 3 other DWF-Primes, all also Ghost Bear flagged (and incidentally all solo, we grouped up after the match). Pure coincidence.

We stuck together through the match, worked together, and dominated. I absolutely garauntee people thought we were a premade - even though it would be impossible with 4 assaults.

#22 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:28 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 06 July 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

NO.

WE WERE STOMPED. CLEARLY, IT'S THE MATCHMAKER'S FAULT AND THE EVIL PREMADES REACHING OUT FROM THE GRAVEGROUP QUEUE!

It could not possibly be because we were simply outplayed, or someone on the opposing team stepped up and took the mantle of Cat Herder. Possibly even saying they were an 8man premade to incite despair.

Along these notes, I spawned (solo) in a match solo, in my DWF-Prime. In a lance with 3 other DWF-Primes, all also Ghost Bear flagged (and incidentally all solo, we grouped up after the match). Pure coincidence.

We stuck together through the match, worked together, and dominated. I absolutely garauntee people thought we were a premade - even though it would be impossible with 4 assaults.

Its entirely possible to synch drop into the solo que. So excuse me if I don't believe your story

#23 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:33 AM

I've been playing strictly solo since the patch.

It's been very solid.

Doesn't mean there aren't rolls now and then, but generally it's felt a lot better.

Definitely haven't seen any huge groups land in the queue due to a bug. So if it happened, it's a rare occurrence.

I do agree with Mischief though, the aggressive side wins most of the time. And it's good because I'm fairly aggressive.

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 July 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

Its entirely possible to synch drop into the solo que. So excuse me if I don't believe your story

So you are saying a 4 man and 4 solo players sync dropped?

Or 8 solo players sync dropped?

Or a 2 man and 6 solo players sync dropped?

You did say 8 right? So a 3 man and 5 solo players sync dropped?

If it happened, suck it up and play the next game, because it sure as hell isn't happening often.

#24 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

View PostBront, on 06 July 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

Just to be sure, you were dropping solo and not 2-4 man queue? 2-4 man queue can drop into the group que with groups up to 12.

If you get the right mix, you can have some really well coordinated PUG matches that look like larger teams. Doesn't happen often, but I have had it happen.

I type "plan?" every pug I drop. If I hear "kill" or "win" as the response I know I am playing with average to subpar players. But more often then not people do type in and we can role more coordinated pug matches... lots of them look like an organized stomp but is really pug players of the same caliber and experience working together.... can be deceiving to some....

Edited by Creovex, 06 July 2014 - 11:40 AM.

#25 FullMetalJackass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 255 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:40 AM

Actually it is impossible to sync up in the solo queue since only one 4 man per side is allowed. Did you have a longer than usual wait time? When that happens its an indication that the ELO is very broad. My guess is that you just ran into a much more organized highly skilled group of PUG

#26 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:42 AM

There is a max 1 team per side. sync dropping solo is like making lotto tickets your retirement plan.

The current issue right now is less Elo and more adaptation. Sniper/scavenger roles are way less effective. Leadership and aggressive play is way more so. Some people are more resistant to change than others. weve got some weeks left before most start to adapt more and complain less.

#27 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Qc, Cnd

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

Actually it is impossible to sync up in the solo queue since only one 4 man per side is allowed. Did you have a longer than usual wait time? When that happens its an indication that the ELO is very broad. My guess is that you just ran into a much more organized highly skilled group of PUG

not impossible a lot of ppl do it, get on TS3 do a count down an have all ur friends click launch at the same time. you'll have a good chance of getting into the same game but maybe not the same team.

Edit:
I do this a lot when Impy is doin this teamspeak Tuesdays.. its 50-50 ill get into the same game even slimmer to be on the same team.

Edited by Warblood, 06 July 2014 - 11:48 AM.

#28 Devlin Pierce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 219 posts
  • LocationKerensky Cluster

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:45 AM

Sometimes the enemies lemmings are better then your lemmings, its all luck really. Just do your best to contribute and do not sweat the losses.

#29 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:47 AM

View PostFullMetalJackass, on 06 July 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

Well I see it was already covered above. There is nothing to stop the determined from synching into a solo que.

#30 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 July 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

Well I see it was already covered above. There is nothing to stop the determined from synching into a solo que.

Once again...you are saying anywhere from 8 to 10 solo players are sync dropping with one group...and you feel like that is succeeding often?

Even when we could have multiple groups on one side, you'd only end up on the same team 1 out of every 4 or 5 drops.

I know everyone else is going to be nice, but I'm just going to be blunt. You sound like a petulant whiny child or just really dumb. Take your pick.

#31 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:53 AM

*shrugs* Why would I lie? I've been here posting for a very long time - since the start of Open Beta. I've always been very open about the fact that I'm almost exclusively a solo player, and that I belong to no unit/group/whatever, nor have I ever. Dipped my toes, sure, but my "real life" limitations exclude such things.

Throughout my post history - look if you like - I've always been honest, and never tried to skew things to match a point I was trying to make.

Are you implying that all of that is a cunning cover story, and I'm actually regularly part of a group of players? And that I am, in fact, presenting this story to try to pull the wool over your eyes because we have a super secret hack allowing us to bypass the matchmaker restrictions that prevent that from happening?

Now, I'm sure you can sync drop into the solo queue, but it'd be awkward at best. This happening last night was random chance - I'd never met any of those players before, and while I friended them when we grouped up after that drop(it was awesome, so we stuck with it for 3-4 more drops), it's entirely likely I'll never drop with them again.

Sync dropping 4 individual, solo players all in Assault mechs onto one team would be such a ridiculously difficult task, I'd be crowing about it after if I managed it.

#32 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 06 July 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

*shrugs* Why would I lie? I've been here posting for a very long time - since the start of Open Beta. I've always been very open about the fact that I'm almost exclusively a solo player, and that I belong to no unit/group/whatever, nor have I ever. Dipped my toes, sure, but my "real life" limitations exclude such things.

Throughout my post history - look if you like - I've always been honest, and never tried to skew things to match a point I was trying to make.

Are you implying that all of that is a cunning cover story, and I'm actually regularly part of a group of players? And that I am, in fact, presenting this story to try to pull the wool over your eyes because we have a super secret hack allowing us to bypass the matchmaker restrictions that prevent that from happening?

Now, I'm sure you can sync drop into the solo queue, but it'd be awkward at best. This happening last night was random chance - I'd never met any of those players before, and while I friended them when we grouped up after that drop(it was awesome, so we stuck with it for 3-4 more drops), it's entirely likely I'll never drop with them again.

Sync dropping 4 individual, solo players all in Assault mechs onto one team would be such a ridiculously difficult task, I'd be crowing about it after if I managed it.

Dude, it's Mudhutwarrior. Blaming literally everything wrong with the game on groups is kinda like... what he does.

#33 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:59 AM

no, no it's not. only one group on each side.

#34 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:59 AM

View PostAdiuvo, on 06 July 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

Dude, it's Mudhutwarrior. Blaming literally everything wrong with the game on groups is kinda like... what he does.

This is unfortunately true.

#35 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

View PostAdiuvo, on 06 July 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

But... It's so ridiculous. They took the groups away, and he's still on about it. Oh, sure, there may have been a 4-man, but there couldn't have been another... and the absurdity of suggesting a 4 man + 4 solo players managed to sync drop onto the same team? I suppose it's theoretically possible, but I can't even imagine how unlikely it would be to have it work out. Just getting 2 groups onto the same team with the old MM was really difficult... but what amounts to 5 seperate searchers, into the same match, on the same team?

I know, I know, I shouldn't be surprised, or take this in any way seriously. But...

Gah.

It just really bothers me how nobody can ever just say "Hey, they outplayed us." Or "Maybe they had someone step up and take charge?"

Nobody ever seems to lose because they just didn't play well enough, or because the opposing team played better. It's always some external issue. The Matchmaker. Windowlickers. Lack of support. Lack of courage. Too much courage.

*sighs*

I need to stop reading these threads. I really do.

View PostSandpit, on 06 July 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

no, no it's not. only one group on each side.

No... It's more ridiculous than that, Sandpit. He's saying they are sync dropping... Solo.

#36 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

if you're going to complain at least get your facts straight. You cannot have more than one premade on each team and no more than 4man in a group. Just stop dude. You asked a question, it was answered. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't make it a flase answer.

up to 1 4man on each side

You're not getting stomped because of premades. You'll have to find a new boogeyman

View PostWintersdark, on 06 July 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

But... It's so ridiculous. They took the groups away, and he's still on about it. Oh, sure, there may have been a 4-man, but there couldn't have been another... and the absurdity of suggesting a 4 man + 4 solo players managed to sync drop onto the same team? I suppose it's theoretically possible, but I can't even imagine how unlikely it would be to have it work out. Just getting 2 groups onto the same team with the old MM was really difficult... but what amounts to 5 seperate searchers, into the same match, on the same team?

I know, I know, I shouldn't be surprised, or take this in any way seriously. But...

Gah.

It just really bothers me how nobody can ever just say "Hey, they outplayed us." Or "Maybe they had someone step up and take charge?"

Nobody ever seems to lose because they just didn't play well enough, or because the opposing team played better. It's always some external issue. The Matchmaker. Windowlickers. Lack of support. Lack of courage. Too much courage.

*sighs*

I need to stop reading these threads. I really do.

No... It's more ridiculous than that, Sandpit. He's saying they are sync dropping... Solo.

it's apparent that he's going to blame it on groups even though there are separate queues. It's never been anything different from him. It's just that now? He doesn't have anyone supporting his rhetoric because it's completely untrue.

Some players just can't accept that it is not now, nor has it ever been premades that caused stomps or them to lose.

#37 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:03 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 July 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

I haven't seen any noobs today so I don't know . What I have seen was obvious coordination on the spot. cant do that by keyboard. I was curious if someone found an exploit or something to synch into solo. 10 matches best my team was two kills. And they were playing well for other pugs.

On occasion, I've taken charge of pick-up-game teams and lead them into stomping victories or incredible comebacks. All it takes is a little intel and intuition on what the enemy team is doing and for your allies to trust your calls enough to act on them. They tend to focus fire on their own because they want the kill credit on that cherry red Warhawk or Atlas.

#38 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:04 PM

His question was answered regarding a supposed "bug" he thought he experienced, send in a ticket to support. I'd say topic has been answered thoroughly at this point. He's just trying to get people riled up again.

View PostYeonne Greene, on 06 July 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

On occasion, I've taken charge of pick-up-game teams and lead them into stomping victories or incredible comebacks. All it takes is a little intel and intuition on what the enemy team is doing and for your allies to trust your calls enough to act on them. They tend to focus fire on their own because they want the kill credit on that cherry red Warhawk or Atlas.

no no, that's impossible. You can't have coordination without voip. Mud even said so earlier in this thread

#39 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:06 PM

Except for probability.

#40 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

Not on about it. Just thinking mm isn't broken and there could be other possible reasons for it. Could it have been a bad run? tend to doubt that because in between the solo play is like it was the first day. I figured that a few would chime in with anything to preclude critical thinking but until pgi chimes in saying mm is busted the most likely reason is the same old reason we have hit the past two years. That is people gaming it for advantage.
There is no mechanism to stop that possibility of synch dropping and if the timing is good the odds favor being on the same team. Its entirely possible so like politicians when several come in with insults or are adamant it isn't possible it increases the probability it is in reality.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users