• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

View PostLukoi, on 07 July 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

this exact same thing happens to Alpha lance all of the time....even if you are a premade, it is very easy for the other two lances to ignore your calls in chat and to go do their own thing. Frustrating to say the least, but that is life on the internet.

yea but for some reason it seems that it's always the premade fault as opposed to pugs doing what pugs do a lot of times. That's not the "cool" answer though. Group ftw, never have to worry about it again :(

#62 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:57 PM

View PostFatal25, on 07 July 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

I have started a post on this very thing about three weeks ago. There was much discussion on how or why you got put into Charlie Lance. It boils down to when you were placed in the game, it has nothing to do with your ELO. ELO does effect what game you get put into, not what lance.

I could not agree more with the OP. I have spawned in Charlie roughly 97% of all of my solo drops and I almost always pilot an assault. No one waits for the assaults, even when you bring your Atlas-DC with ecm which can significantly aid your team. Some of the worst maps are River City (south spawn), Desert (north spawn), Alpine (south spawn) , and Canyon (south spawn). I have been left alone on all of those maps and shredded by a pack of lights with no aid whatsoever more than once.

I hadn't had much thought to the matter, but I've often had to "shepard" players in them... both in groups (smaller premades) and to a lesser extent solo. This tends to affect Skirmish more than any other mode due to the tendency to circle (and generally w/o logic).

I'll need some time to think about it further, but positioning tends to screw many plans up.

HPG's Skirmish tends to have it done correctly (combining Alpha+Charlie lance @ start).

On the same map (HPG)... that's not the same for Assault. The tendency to go clockwise @ start (on both sides) is a natural reaction, so Charlie lance is generally "on its own".

I think it's somewhat unfortunate that Dire Whales are usually pulling far behind. It makes one appreciate the D-DC (it's apparently the Daishi's best buddy IMO).

#63 TB Freelancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 783 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

View PostHellcat420, on 07 July 2014 - 09:17 AM, said:

this wont change as long as damage and kills are the primary income.

Personally I think for Cbill rewards that the game should go to only winners earning CBills. Losers or ties earn no Cbill rewards, only XP and winners earn a good deal more than they do now to keep average earnings per hour the same. That would go a long way to changing some of the mememe game play, the stupidity of ignoring base caps, helping balance combat vs cap points in conquest.

The single biggest reason guys ignore those things that will cost them the win is that many just don't care about victory conditions. IF they can pump out 1k damage and get 3 or 4 kills, they're earning enough win or lose to make them happy.

The reward system in this game is poorly thought out and the source of a lot of negative game play. That's for sure.

EDIT: Combine that with richer rewards for playing certain roles, and you'd be surprised to see how player behavior adapts....

...and of course the flood of tears from those who are slow to adapt.

Edited by TB Freelancer, 07 July 2014 - 06:12 PM.

#64 Gayang3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 171 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:29 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 07 July 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

I think it's somewhat unfortunate that Dire Whales are usually pulling far behind. It makes one appreciate the D-DC (it's apparently the Daishi's best buddy IMO).

Why do you say that the DDC is the Daishis best buddy?

#65 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:35 PM

View PostTB Freelancer, on 07 July 2014 - 06:10 PM, said:

Personally I think for Cbill rewards that the game should go to only winners earning CBills. Losers or ties earn no Cbill rewards, only XP and winners earn a good deal more than they do now to keep average earnings per hour the same. That would go a long way to changing some of the mememe game play, the stupidity of ignoring base caps, helping balance combat vs cap points in conquest.

The single biggest reason guys ignore those things that will cost them the win is that many just don't care about victory conditions. IF they can pump out 1k damage and get 3 or 4 kills, they're earning enough win or lose to make them happy.

The reward system in this game is poorly thought out and the source of a lot of negative game play. That's for sure.

EDIT: Combine that with richer rewards for playing certain roles, and you'd be surprised to see how player behavior adapts....

...and of course the flood of tears from those who are slow to adapt.

I think you'll get SOME improvement with that but it's not going to work by itself. There's got to be a comprehensive change in a few things in order to get the majority to change.

One thing that also doesn't seem to get taken into account is the fact that had a lot of this been done 2 years ago, it would have been MUCH easier. Now after 2 years of the same gameplay you have the majority of the population unwilling or unable to adapt to huge changes and definitely not willing to change because they're asked nicely lol

It's definitely a challenge, which is why I'm hoping we can all kick around ideas and come up with some stuff that not only will work but will garner some support as well.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users