Biggest Mech you know of?

61 replies to this topic

#1 Nightstaker

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:17 AM

Whats the biggest mechs you have ever seen/ know of? I know the atlas is a 100 ton assault mech, while looking i found a Ares class mech which is 135 ton these were classed as Colossal BattleMechs only 4 were made Hades, Hera, Zeus, and Poseidon.
If these were ever to come into the game would you use one.

Posted Image

#2 Steelo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 228 posts
  • LocationGuelph/On

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:18 AM

****, yes

#3 akaChrisHimself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 292 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:21 AM

Your mom.

/oh snap

#4 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

View PostNightsalker, on 21 June 2012 - 07:17 AM, said:

Whats the biggest mechs you have ever seen/ know of? I know the atlas is a 100 ton assault mech, while looking i found a Ares class mech which is 135 ton these were classed as Colossal BattleMechs only 4 were made Hades, Hera, Zeus, and Poseidon.

And then you'd trip over a Commando or something and fall over and wreck your mech. :P

#5 Cobweb

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationNew Haven, CT

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

Eww, not a true battle mech, 3 legs,more than one pilot, it's a train wreck, and outside of clix garbage it's not cannon (yet).

This, however is cannon(s): see what I did there!? :P

150 ton super heavy mech
3 gauss rifles
2 LB AC-10s
http://mecha-master....Omega-277461743

Posted Image

Edited by Cobweb, 21 June 2012 - 07:29 AM.

#6 Suskis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 276 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:27 AM

That silly crab was a last minute attempt by dying Mechwarrior Click franchise to gather some money. They failed, as rightfully expected, and that's all. It's more Unseen than any real Unseen.

#7 Odweaver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:37 AM

View PostCobweb, on 21 June 2012 - 07:25 AM, said:

Eww, not a true battle mech, 3 legs,more than one pilot, it's a train wreck, and outside of clix garbage it's not cannon (yet).

This, however is cannon(s): see what I did there!? :P

150 ton super heavy mech
3 gauss rifles
2 LB AC-10s
http://mecha-master....Omega-277461743

Imagine the possibilities with including it, each player gets randomly assigned a leg and a gun!

#8 MilitantMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:40 AM

The Omega is based on the Behemoth which was a last ditch effort weapons program by Amaris during the collapse of his reign. It was so heavy the leg actuators shut down on the first test run. It never made it into the field but General Kerensky took all the research and the prototype(s) with him. It was remade as a 100 ton mech the Stone Rhino and during the Jihad schematics of it influenced the Omega.

#9 xVicViperx

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:10 AM

Yeah it was the "Stone Rino" Posted Image

#10 iRelyt64

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:58 PM

View PostNightsalker, on 21 June 2012 - 07:17 AM, said:

Posted Image

this vaguely reminds me of the thing from Battle Engine Aquila..

#11 Akaryu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

View PostSteelo, on 21 June 2012 - 07:18 AM, said:

****, yes

you wont say that when you see its top speed and loadout im a dedicated light mech pilot and even i think its firepower is pathetic.

#12 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

Posted Image

#13 Ashla Mason

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:28 AM

2 thoughts:
1. The Ares is one fugly looking peice of crud.
2. Not on your life; For 135 tons I could easily get a light mech lance that could harass the **** out of my target while this thing was being murdered by artillery and aerospace fighters. Alternatively: naval bombardment.

#14 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:42 AM

Ah, the Steiner mentality. Problem is, one fast mech comes from behind and they are dead. They can't center all of their weapons on him because they are so sloooooooow.

#15 Durahl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:02 AM

View PostAdridos, on 27 August 2012 - 12:42 AM, said:

Ah, the Steiner mentality. Problem is, one fast mech comes from behind and they are dead. They can't center all of their weapons on him because they are so sloooooooow.

Let me quote Sarna.net on the Ares:
"At the base level each of the Ares carries on each leg a pair of Anti-Personnel Pods, an ER Small Laser and an SRM 2 launcher."

Mechs usually work in Lances so while you probably try to avoid the bombardment from his legs to get into a good firing position outside of his main firing arc his buddys will reward you with their fullest attention.

This at least is what I do when playing MWO and I see a fellow comrade not beeing able to get rid of a pesky Mech acting as his shadow.

#16 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:10 AM

Small laser doesn't do much to the mech fast enough to keep itself away from that piece of junk.

I wasn't talking about a Cicada, no, I was talking about a Mad Cat.

And Ares/ Omega are too heavy to take enough support with them on the battlefield. They are the Maus, the too good to be true weapon that seems godly on paper, but are useless in reality.

#17 Ashla Mason

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:24 AM

Having played mech grinder at fanexpo this past week, I really do feel the need to point out that extreme speed can make an utter mockery of an enemies shooting; my hussar was able to rock a +4 difficulty on a regular basis, and the spider I ran with kicked the **** out of a panther mostly due to my considerable speed.

But back to the Ares:
Those leg mounted weapons are a joke. Against a mech the AP pods won't do jack, the small laser is shoddy (if it can even reach the target) and the srm 2 has even odds of hitting with only 1 missile for a whole 2 damage. None of that is going to stop a light mech lance (their armor isn't THAT bad)

#18 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:43 AM

The heaviest canonical Mechs in BATTLETECH are members of the 100 T Class.
As you may have noticed all heavier Mechs are either considdered prototypes, appocryphal or takes from Mechwarrior Darkage. So they may be related to a later version of the Battletech universe but are way from beeing considdered canonical in our time frame and won't ever make it in to the Game.
The tallest design curently in general use is the Atlas with a total hight of 18 to 19 Meters. After the Clan invasion there are some Mechs like the Devestator, the Thunderhawk or the Pillager that my be even taller.

#19 Alex Wolfe

• 2,359 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:09 AM

Does dusting derelict threads off count as salvage?

Also, that 150 tonner "runs" 24 kph at top speed. I'm not too keen on XXXI-century war machines that are impossible to miss from any range and can be outran on a XIX-century bicycle.

With how the armor works in BT universe, for the same cash I could just commission a company of Hollanders to peel it like a big, fat, ugly apple.

Edited by Alex Wolfe, 27 August 2012 - 02:24 AM.

#20 Dymitry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationSibko

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:39 AM

UrbanMech. H-E-L-L yeah!

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users