• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:22 AM

View PostWolfways, on 20 July 2014 - 05:18 AM, said:

I'd say MWO is just about finished. It has almost the same content as WoT. Maps, mechs/tanks, campaign map (coming). I honestly believe that what we have now is basically the full game, other than a campaign map and more "content" (i.e. mechs and maps).
If people are expecting much more i think they are going to be highly disappointed :P

Well until I am dropping with Lyrans only against Clan Wolf on planet Hoff(name pulled out of a hat), I am not yet playing the game. Color me old fashion but a game has content that we are still missing. :(

#142 bluepiglet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:27 AM

View PostWolfways, on 20 July 2014 - 05:18 AM, said:

I'd say MWO is just about finished. It has almost the same content as WoT. Maps, mechs/tanks, campaign map (coming). I honestly believe that what we have now is basically the full game, other than a campaign map and more "content" (i.e. mechs and maps).
If people are expecting much more i think they are going to be highly disappointed :(

Given sunken professional ethics, forcing players to purchase new content with power-creeping, both games are more or less done.

Edited by bluepiglet, 20 July 2014 - 05:27 AM.

#143 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:31 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 20 July 2014 - 05:22 AM, said:

Well until I am dropping with Lyrans only against Clan Wolf on planet Hoff(name pulled out of a hat), I am not yet playing the game. Color me old fashion but a game has content that we are still missing. :(

Heh old man. I stopped expecting good games years ago. Now they are made for a generation with no stamina ,patience, or attention span.....Great, now i sound like a grumpy old man. Oh wait, i am! :P

Just finished a massive patch for Firefall though. Really enjoying that game :ph34r:

#144 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:34 AM

View PostPraehotec8, on 20 July 2014 - 02:52 AM, said:

I'm still waiting for a legitimate explanation of why my stats have not changed significantly since beginning to use my clan mechs, since they are overpowered.

Can't really say L2P, since statistically I'm doing the same in kills/match.

As others have stated, there IS a paywall, and that is the source of most of the angst. Whether the paywall is fair or not is debatable, but it has little to do with true in-game advantage, and everything to do with perception and envy. EVERYONE wants to play with the new shinies, and those who can't will be upset until they can, bottom line (excepting the situation in which the new ones are grossly - and I mean GROSSLY - underpowered...think P2Lose).

Preaching to the Choir here. My TWs are holding steady at around a 1.5 K/D rate which matches my average and is lower by a significant margin than many of my IS mechs. I think my T-Bolts are at around 1.3 K/D so even at 65 tons and being IS, they are producing stats almost equal to the vaunted TW. My skill level doesn't change, only the mechs do so if the TW was as OPed as some claim, I should be seeing some serious increase in my stats with this mech. However I am not so what does that say?

Goes back to what I am others have been saying. You before you claim a mech is OPed, you need to be playing said mech. Looking at charts, observing from a distance, spectating in matches and watching videos DOES NOT replace actual experience in the mech.

#145 ArmandTulsen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:49 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 20 July 2014 - 12:09 AM, said:

Don't see you hanging up screenies so STFU.

Don't need to. Just join any game with a Direwolf that isn't piloted by a total noob to see for yourself. You know what I'm talking about too, everybody does. lol

#146 Vandul

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:15 AM

Pay for convienence is not pay to win.

Remember, PGI is a business, not a social program.

#147 Perq

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:43 AM

Hello, just wanted to add something from new player's perspective.

I've come to MechWarrior from Hawken - I pretty much don't like how "fast" and chaotic it is. I lauched MechWarrior, was pretty confused, but after some time managed to get rolling. (This game is missing tutorial ALOT. And shop is confusing as heck... I bought wrong mech, and now I'm stuck, since I can't get rid of it...).

Game is confusing as heck. Mech slots seem way too expensive. Customization of mechs seems cool, but inability to buy some mechs for in-game currency is repelling as ****. I see some guy in Kit Fox, using triple AMS and I want to use it, cuz it seems cool. And what do I find out? To try this mech out I need to spend money... spend money on a game that at first seems confusing and messed up. Will I spend money on that mech? No. Will I be frustrated with the inability to try it out, and other people having unfair advantage over me? Yes. Will I eventually quit the game, before I even started getting into its depth (I assume it is there). Quite probably.

Can I ask for reasoning behind giving out content for money, and limiting it from other players who are trying to get to know the game? To me, it seems like a super stupid, excessive attempt to rob my wallet, which makes me angry, not sympathetic about the game. I hope this policy will get changed, as for example of other games which doesn't use that rob-policy.

Cheers

#148 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:16 AM

View PostPerq, on 21 July 2014 - 04:43 AM, said:

Hello, just wanted to add something from new player's perspective.

I've come to MechWarrior from Hawken - I pretty much don't like how "fast" and chaotic it is. I lauched MechWarrior, was pretty confused, but after some time managed to get rolling. (This game is missing tutorial ALOT. And shop is confusing as heck... I bought wrong mech, and now I'm stuck, since I can't get rid of it...).

Game is confusing as heck. Mech slots seem way too expensive. Customization of mechs seems cool, but inability to buy some mechs for in-game currency is repelling as ****. I see some guy in Kit Fox, using triple AMS and I want to use it, cuz it seems cool. And what do I find out? To try this mech out I need to spend money... spend money on a game that at first seems confusing and messed up. Will I spend money on that mech? No. Will I be frustrated with the inability to try it out, and other people having unfair advantage over me? Yes. Will I eventually quit the game, before I even started getting into its depth (I assume it is there). Quite probably.

Can I ask for reasoning behind giving out content for money, and limiting it from other players who are trying to get to know the game? To me, it seems like a super stupid, excessive attempt to rob my wallet, which makes me angry, not sympathetic about the game. I hope this policy will get changed, as for example of other games which doesn't use that rob-policy.

Cheers

To be fair to PGI, the mech you mention, the Kit Fox will be available for in game currency in another two weeks. However many of the other new contact is still 4-5 months down the road and yes it is frustrating that you have to pay to have access to it early.

It is a fun game, but MWO unfortunately does has one of the worst monetary systems in a F2P game.

#149 Olunn

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:33 AM

Seriously. Is there anyone who actually currently owns/drives a timberwolf, and can say with a straight face that mech is OP?

#150 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:37 AM

View PostOlunn, on 21 July 2014 - 05:33 AM, said:

Seriously. Is there anyone who actually currently owns/drives a timberwolf, and can say with a straight face that mech is OP?

I own one and drive it as my primary ride. It's clearly the best heavy mech in the game right now.

#151 Olunn

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:42 AM

View PostRoland, on 21 July 2014 - 05:37 AM, said:

I own one and drive it as my primary ride. It's clearly the best heavy mech in the game right now.

I mean it is good. no doubt, strong in most aspects. but people are talking as if it is a mech capable of leveling the enemy team by itself.

#152 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:44 AM

No it's not pay to win! It's more about who does have the strongest nerves to wait until they are available for random cash.

#153 Jonny Taco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 706 posts
  • Locationan island

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:48 AM

View PostOlunn, on 21 July 2014 - 05:33 AM, said:

The mech is OP (within the current mixed team quake style tdm style combat), there I did it...

Now I'd like to be rather clear that I do not in any way wish them to nerf the timber wolf, or any of the clan mechs... What I'd like to see is 12v10 is vs clan matches... If 2 extra people on the is team does not "balance" the clan mechs, then some form of additional weight handicap either way needs to be used...

Edited by lartfor, 21 July 2014 - 06:01 AM.

#154 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:49 AM

View PostOlunn, on 21 July 2014 - 05:42 AM, said:

I mean it is good. no doubt, strong in most aspects. but people are talking as if it is a mech capable of leveling the enemy team by itself.

It's not just "good". It's clearly THE BEST heavy chassis at the moment.

Here's a test you can do in your head.. anyone else is willing to as well. Don't bother actually answering, because lots of folks would just lie, since the truthful answer is too revealing..

Would you participate in competition where you were not allowed to drop any clan chassis, but the enemy team could?

#155 Noth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:59 AM

View PostRoland, on 21 July 2014 - 05:49 AM, said:

It's not just "good". It's clearly THE BEST heavy chassis at the moment.

Here's a test you can do in your head.. anyone else is willing to as well. Don't bother actually answering, because lots of folks would just lie, since the truthful answer is too revealing..

Would you participate in competition where you were not allowed to drop any clan chassis, but the enemy team could?

Here's the thing about TW being the best. There will always be a best chassis in competitive play, always. That is not enough to label something OP.

#156 Jonny Taco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 706 posts
  • Locationan island

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:06 AM

View PostOlunn, on 21 July 2014 - 05:42 AM, said:

No, people are complaining about an extremely powerful mech(s) being behind a pay wall. They are complaining about the statistical trends showing clan mechs doing better in matches... They are complaining about the admitence of full clan teams stomping full is teams admitted by RUS himself...

I also wanted to point out that using hyperbole to over exaggerate the position of the oppositions argument to make it easier to attack is a text book example of a straw man argument.

#157 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:10 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 20 July 2014 - 03:19 AM, said:

Every single defender, including yourself, has a high tier Mech Pak ™

To be fair, that means I have used them quite a bit. Once my clan stuff is all elited I will most likely be back into my old rotations because I really like the performance of many of my IS mechs more than some of the clan stuff. I miss my orion's something aweful right now especially seeing how well SRM's work.

#158 Jonny Taco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 706 posts
  • Locationan island

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:16 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 20 July 2014 - 05:09 AM, said:

Funny I/we don't have a contract with the Lyrans yet? I am not fighting against strictly Clan Wolf either? So how can you say the game is launched? The combat engine was released to be played, but I am not even dropping on Named planets yet! Launched does not carry the same meaning it used to I guess.

The gaming industry in general does not even know the definition of alphas, betas, or "Gold" released products anymore... I blame the excessive blending of "use to be" static definitions and the trend to release unfinished "finished" products on the drastic increase in predatory business practices and conmanship heavily making it's way into the industry.

#159 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:21 AM

View PostRoland, on 21 July 2014 - 05:49 AM, said:

If the enemy team has to drop with Clan chassis only, I totally would participate.

#160 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:28 AM

They are P2W now cause we don't have them for C-Bills ATM. Heavy mech, that carries XL engine and doesn't die when it loses side torso - apparently P2W

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users