How Will You Feel If Another Mc Mech Pack Is Delivered Before Cw?

243 replies to this topic

#61 Xarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 997 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

I would feel exactly the same.

#62 Tombstoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:37 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 22 July 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

No. No it didn't. If the game launched we'd be fighting over planets, and capturing factories. A launch means you have the game not a combat engine with shiny bits.

Since the definition of beta is all major elements are present but not necessarily working. CW being a major shiny bit.
This game is still an alpha. I can paint, but slapping a Picasso signature on it cant cover up the glaring fact that its a half finished painting.

I suspect that launching the game was a contractual mile stone outlined in the IP agreement between PGI and who ever.
The order in which you finish the game and launch the game being debatable.

It fits the design paradigm for Just barely working yet playable. If PGI came clean and broke down the development process into monetary phases. i think people would be more forgiving regarding delays. As it is they flat out lie to the community.

Break the game into parts and talk about funding as a percentage of a targeted goal. lie about that, not CW. As redevelopment wore on CW became more of a stretch goal. That is until the new contract kicked in now its just a mater of money to fund the remaining parts and make a profit for the investors. those people are definitively sucking cash out. I would be.

What bothers me most is not how they fund the game, its that no one was working on maps for the last few months. But maps dont drive money.... thus no attention.

As to the OP topic. I am so disgusted with what has transpired for the last 3+ years, you just have to get battle tech to know how i feel. CW will make it into the game.... some day..... will it be what we hope it will be..... consider this... has MW in PGI's hands lived up to your expectations.... if so then you will be happy. how its paid for will be irrelevant.

I despise the World war z movie more then PGI. but since WWZ made a profit you can expect a sequel or two. So why not have a CW launch pack of famous mechs that lead critical invasions of the succession wars.

#63 Bartholomew bartholomew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

Maps DO drive money. Just not directly. It is called investing in your business. Maps are part of the overhead.

Mechs are milking the cow.

#64 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:46 PM

how would I feel? Not surprised. Disappointed but not surprised. In fact, it is hard to image there won;t be a pack before xmas and I doubt we will see CW before 2015 based on Russ' own comments.

#65 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:46 PM

They put a price sticker on CW then you will REALY see forum rage.

I can accept 500 dollar gold mechs. That was a personal choice to the buyer.

But CW is a core component of what BT is all about.

#66 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

I feel that would be a huge mistake since new maps and game modes are needed way more than new mechs. As for people that think they can make mech packs and still keep making maps, do tell how many maps we got while they were all so busy working on the clan pack?

#67 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:51 PM

Without a reason to have a large variety of mechs (i.e. restricted hardpoints giving different mechs purpose) i don't see the point of adding more and more mechs.

But I'm not really too bothered about CW anymore either. It's not going to be "big".

Big maps with objectives on the other hand....

Edited by Wolfways, 22 July 2014 - 02:52 PM.

#68 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 22 July 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

who would be against more mechs?

that's not what the thread asked. The thread asked about another mech pack BEFORE CW

View PostTorgun, on 22 July 2014 - 02:50 PM, said:

I feel that would be a huge mistake since new maps and game modes are needed way more than new mechs. As for people that think they can make mech packs and still keep making maps, do tell how many maps we got while they were all so busy working on the clan pack?

^this

#69 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:55 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 22 July 2014 - 12:57 PM, said:

Given that creating new mechs has no impact on CW development, I am all for it. There are a few mechs that I would LOVE to have...

Except that the creation of the clan mechs forced PGI to stop work on every other aspect of the game...

Of the remaining mechs, there are lots of bad or redundant designs that would not really add much to the game except for pure nostalgia.
Without stock mechs, hard points, or severe customization restrictions mechs like the Panther are just DOA. And do we really need 4-5 20 ton mechs?

#70 Tezcatli

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:06 PM

It'd be more interesting if they prepared "Mini packs" of two chassis from each IS faction. Made them purchasable through C-bills if you have enough loyalty points with that faction. Or you can just pay MC to get it right away. That would be awesome. But I really doubt they could do it in time for CW without short changing everything else.

#71 Fitzbattleaxe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:15 PM

View PostGerhardt Jorgensson, on 22 July 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

Why would the art team who produces 'Mechs working on new 'Mechs impact Community Warfare's timeline at all? I would like to see more 'Mechs from now until the launch of Community Warfare, as there should be a specific team working on both individually.

The more artists they have on the payroll, the less funds they have to hire coders. This game has more than enough mechs to support pretty much every play style. Adding more does little to improve the game. Once they have the important stuff done, then they can focus on mechs.

#72 tayhimself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 334 posts
  • LocationAn island

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:20 PM

MOAR MAPS PLZ!!

#73 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

I expect to see the Vulture to come out as a part of a sales pack.

There are other mechs that need to come out for both sides. The question is can PGI pull it off without frustrating or turning off their player base off.

#74 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

View PostNgamok, on 22 July 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

Posted Image

I want the Aliens that (was it Focht? SOMEONE from Comstar) postulated that Clanners were.... DNA absorbers with higher heat tolerance!

#75 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:46 PM

we dont need any more mechs atm. we need more maps and more game modes first, then worry about adding more mechs.

#76 Thunderfrog

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

PGI consistently has shown they don't use money to advance gameplay.. it's largely unchanged with the exception of 3/3/3/3 and the ECM release.

What they DO use money for is hiring artists to make more mech packages that they can charge money for. I'd quit if they put a sticker on CW or kept releasing pay-mech packages while leaving us all in a weird multi-planet version of the Arena.

#77 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

View PostThunderfrog, on 22 July 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

PGI consistently has shown they don't use money to advance gameplay.. it's largely unchanged with the exception of 3/3/3/3 and the ECM release.

What they DO use money for is hiring artists to make more mech packages that they can charge money for. I'd quit if they put a sticker on CW or kept releasing pay-mech packages while leaving us all in a weird multi-planet version of the Arena.

I hate to tell you this but with the stuff regarding private matches and premium time, well... things aren't looking good.

FWIW I think it was stated that they don't have plans to release another MC pack of mechs.

#78 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:42 PM

What is there if there are no new mechs for Pokewarrior?.
CW, Pick a faction, first half of CW complete...

#79 SilentWolff

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:44 PM

I'm always ok with new mechs, but damn, a few new maps would be nice first.

#80 Fishhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 265 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:54 PM

It would mean that the money I have diverted away from my MWO spending was more wisely spent.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users