Flame And Fang

66 replies to this topic

#61 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:38 AM

Wow I got here late to this party..........Dragons are not that bad. Everyone aims for CT anyway on most mechs so who cares? I own a FANG and I love it. I put a UAC/5 and an AC/5 in its right arm and three medium lasers in the energy hardpoints, three tons each of ammo for the dakka sticks and an xl-320. Never put a standard engine in a Dragon, never brawl with it, never snipe on a hill with it unless you've got partial cover for everything but your arm (like say on canyon network) Sadly the triple AC/2 Dragon 5n isn't as good anymore.......but seriously though the Fang isn't bad at all with that build I wrote. Its role is as a flat-ground flanker, like literal cavalry from old times. A lance of Dragons is so much fun! I wish you and your friend luck! Don't let people talk you out of it, though I will agree that its probably not a good choice for a first mech.

#62 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

so I started using 4 LL, 340XL, with extra DHS on my flame....

it seems to be the only build worth a damn to me. Could lower to a 320 for more DHS OR go nuts with 4 LPL

also using 2x PPC + 2x AC2 on my 5N(C) now as well and it seems much better than other setups.

I don't know what others seems to be smoking but with the clan mechs out there now, you can't flank worth a **** with these things. It seems to accel best as a support mech in the back of the line either hitting those mechs who pop around to flank your team or pop up to shoot and remove yourself.

I still think it is a useless mech, outclassed by everything. If it had a lot more armor it would work with the limited hardpoints but your torsos is so fat and big, you get melted quickly.

if you get stuck alone or even close to alone, you are toast. You must be with the crowd.

Edited by Bigbacon, 16 August 2014 - 04:18 PM.

#63 gunghoblazes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationEverywhere at once.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:21 PM

View PostBigbacon, on 16 August 2014 - 04:13 PM, said:

so I started using 4 LL, 340XL, with extra DHS on my flame....

it seems to be the only build worth a damn to me. Could lower to a 320 for more DHS OR go nuts with 4 LPL

also using 2x PPC + 2x AC2 on my 5N(C) now as well and it seems much better than other setups.

I don't know what others seems to be smoking but with the clan mechs out there now, you can't flank worth a **** with these things. It seems to accel best as a support mech in the back of the line either hitting those mechs who pop around to flank your team or pop up to shoot and remove yourself.

I still think it is a useless mech, outclassed by everything. If it had a lot more armor it would work with the limited hardpoints but your torsos is so fat and big, you get melted quickly.

if you get stuck alone or even close to alone, you are toast. You must be with the crowd.

I have mentioned it before, never be the first one anywhere, always allow your teammates to go first...sounds cowardly but it is a must. Never go anywhere alone ever and only flank when you have backup. Always be looking for somewhere else to run even when you're with your teammates. The big downside for the dragon (It's wide size) is also a benefit when fighting against anything carrying tons of lasers, just twist like crazy when you get hit.

#64 Anvil Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationShionoha SF Bay Area

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:06 AM

Tripple AC2 was quite fun until the nurf, now with the Clan mechs out there I wish they would rethink this. Now it feels like only one of the three does damage.

Big thing is to remember you work best as a support Mech. Have your friend in a D-DC of find one and make him your new friend. Keep him alive. He needs the extra firepower and you need armor and ECM to hide behind. Plus the ability to swing arms quickly makes them usefull against lights.

Do have seismic but only stop moving for a bit. Getting caught flat-footed you die.

Very inconsistant results if you pilot one. One game you can face off an Atlas and win, next an ECM Kitfox will sneak in and strip your weapons. They also catch all the neaby LRMs with that big nose.

You will learn alot by piloting one, just regular high scores and good kill/death ratios should not be expected. Use something else if you care about the numbers.

#65 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:42 AM

So i dusted out my trusty AC20 Flame and got this

Posted Image

#66 gunghoblazes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:27 PM

View PostCookiemonter669, on 20 August 2014 - 08:42 AM, said:

So i dusted out my trusty AC20 Flame and got this

Posted Image

Solid. Way to represent man.

Posted Image

Edited by gunghoblazes, 22 August 2014 - 04:29 PM.

#67 gunghoblazes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

But really cookie great job, takes some confidence to play the Dragon effectively.

It is hilarious to outscore these clan mechs with one of the mechs that are considered the worst in
the game. :angry:

Edited by gunghoblazes, 22 August 2014 - 06:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users