Posted Image

#83 macmerritt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:38 PM

That looks like the old Robotech Raider X toy if im not mistaken. I actually have that in storage and the newer Exosquad version still in the box. Love the art Focht.

#84 Oswin Aurelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 808 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWhitmore Lake, MI

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:59 PM

Wow, great artwork, dood! I'm way too used to painting Warhammer 40,000 models to paint something that big; I'd go crazy trying to put tons of details on them. XD

On a related note, I sill have some of the original mech toys from the Battletech Cartoon. I've got a Mauler, a Bushwacker, and a Hunchback IIC. Sadly, most of the little projectiles are missing, along with the pilots. I'm proud to say that the Hunchback IIC is in great condition (minus the pilot of course). Hit the button on its chest and the leg pops off. XD

#85 CG Anastasius Focht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:05 PM

Thanks Guys, Yeah thats an old robotech toy, but it will allways be the BT Riffleman to me

Heres another Bolt.... from the vault ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by [CG]Anastasius Focht, 25 November 2011 - 05:06 PM.

#86 CG Anastasius Focht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:21 PM

A couple more from that shoot

Posted Image

Posted Image

#87 CG Anastasius Focht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:27 PM

Hauptmann guarding downed LAM

Posted Image

Another rare rear shot ;)

#88 Karn Evil

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

The only thing that's been bugging me over five pages of clicking through this is that some of these - notably the Dire Wolf and the Timberwolves - look a bit top-heavy, like their legs aren't quite big enough for their bodies. Care to provide detailed shots of those two designs so I can be sure?

#89 CG Anastasius Focht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:52 PM

View PostKarn Evil, on 27 November 2011 - 08:36 PM, said:

The only thing that's been bugging me over five pages of clicking through this is that some of these - notably the Dire Wolf and the Timberwolves - look a bit top-heavy, like their legs aren't quite big enough for their bodies. Care to provide detailed shots of those two designs so I can be sure?

Its a fair observation, these are never going to be 100 percent accurate.
I get them as close as i can, sometimes i hit the mark in terms of balance/scaling sometimes i dont.
My Atlas for example has recently had upper leg implants to make it slightly taller, which the model needed and helped scale it better to my recent Zeus build.

Building from scratch using my eye and what artwork is available is a hit and miss affair.

I acknowledge your points though, i'm my harshest critic with these pieces, but all and all im reasonably happy with the results, i have boxes of discarded assemblys, where ive not been happy with the overall look on a completed model

#90 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:36 PM

View Post[CG]Anastasius Focht, on 27 November 2011 - 08:52 PM, said:

Its a fair observation, these are never going to be 100 percent accurate.
I get them as close as i can, sometimes i hit the mark in terms of balance/scaling sometimes i dont.
My Atlas for example has recently had upper leg implants to make it slightly taller, which the model needed and helped scale it better to my recent Zeus build.

Building from scratch using my eye and what artwork is available is a hit and miss affair.

I acknowledge your points though, i'm my harshest critic with these pieces, but all and all im reasonably happy with the results, i have boxes of discarded assemblys, where ive not been happy with the overall look on a completed model

I have to say, in spite of the "imperfections" (which one would get with any endeavor) I am continually impressed with the careful attention to detail and how true the models are to the source material. The fact that you've done such quantities of these is also a feat! It's always a pleasure to browse through and see what you've done.

#91 CG Anastasius Focht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:59 PM

Thanks Hayden, much appreciated.

I'm a lucky man in that i can pursue my passion, in this case BT.
I'm often amazed at the results myself, for example i never doctor the scenery, its always a case of put the model/s down and take the pic.
When the cammo scheme matches the scenery its almost always a fluke, the shot below was taken in a national park near me.
Yet all 3 colour elements in the scenary match the mechs

Posted Image

Like the pics above of the thunderbolt/griffin/shadowhawk with the running water and reflections, a magic shot, no CGI involved, just a model/s and the scenery.
Im often amazed and enthralled by the results as i develop the pics

Heres another one, the chared log in the background could almost be a burned out leopard class dropship, with the surviving mechs and vehicles forming up in front

Posted Image

Edited by [CG]Anastasius Focht, 27 November 2011 - 10:08 PM.

#92 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:19 PM

View Post[CG]Anastasius Focht, on 27 November 2011 - 09:59 PM, said:

Heres another one, the chared log in the background could almost be a burned out leopard class dropship, with the surviving mechs and vehicles forming up in front

Haha, I saw that stump in another picture you posted and I actually thought the exact same thing. The scenery is really ideal, rugged, while feeling correct to scale. It's fortunate to have that kind of terrain to photograph your models in.

#93 Karn Evil

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:35 PM

Very impressive, and, now that I look at the Timberwolf from another angle, I'm beginning to think the main reason it looked top-heavy is because of the angle of the lower part of the arms - with them angled down in a front shot, it looks like the legs are too small, and any top-shot makes the legs look small. If the arms are held with the guns pointing straight forward, it would probably look more correct.

#94 CG Anastasius Focht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:41 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by [CG]Anastasius Focht, 01 December 2011 - 07:42 PM.

#95 CG Anastasius Focht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:41 PM

Posted Image

Edited by [CG]Anastasius Focht, 17 December 2011 - 04:42 PM.

#96 CG Anastasius Focht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:44 PM

Posted Image

From the rear......

Posted Image

#97 CG Anastasius Focht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:42 AM

Posted Image

#98 CG Anastasius Focht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:39 PM

Posted Image

#99 Johnathon Henrick

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Locationtexarkana texas

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:59 PM

awsome........truly ........................the T-Bolt is my favorite mech...

#100 Taliesin

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:54 AM

That really is a lovely model. I can see what you mean about the gnarled, hammered iron effect of the balsa. Lovely work.

Tal

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users