#21 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:16 AM

7 hours, 14 wins, I'm done with this.

The Path to Victory apparently detours through Derp Town, which is populated by suicidal farmers.

#22 A banana in the tailpipe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,705 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 23 August 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

Pro sports rewards things like doping, because the challenge is to get as good as possible. That doesn't mean you just ignore doping; it means you do your best to keep the field even when people cheat. It doesn't mean you just don't have any games, because any game can be cheated at.

Pro sports reward doping (aka performance) because the players themselves are marketable. That's not the case with MWO.

#23 MAXrobo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 143 posts
  • Locationmiddle of nowhere

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:23 AM

Finally finished all 50 wins! 81 games spread across 3 shinny new catapults I bought from the sale, over 13 hours of playing. I think by the end of it all, all I did was made back all the money I spent on them and their upgrades. Those catapults are super squishy so I couldn't do as much as I would have liked in them. I sincerely apologize for anyone in one of the few games with me where I ended up dying with less than 200 damage.

#24 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 23 August 2014 - 06:24 AM, said:

Post here If you got 50 wins already or close.

Almost got the 20 wins. I think the premium time makes up for not getting 50

I'm currently at 28, I can probably make 50 tomorrow.

#25 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 23 August 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

Is the Premium Time stored or is it activated as soon as you log in again?

Does it activate older Premium times I stored in my account? If yes, that sucks.

Either the latter or you get a popup when the server updates.

And I doubt it will trigger your stored time as well.

#26 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

Haven't been playing that long but pugbossing, winning about 60%. 19 wins after 32 matches. Takes a little more work but at least I'm not being a punk. Admittedly I play in a multiplayer game and actually care about how I affect the other people I play with... otherwise I'd play a single player game.

Then again....

Not a punk.

#27 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:46 AM

Today I am trying a new tactic, mainly running a NARC Fox.

And the initial results are 2 wins in under 4 minutes for each. Guess you gotta lead the PUGS to the promised land.

Edited by HBizzle, 23 August 2014 - 10:51 AM.

#28 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

View PostHBizzle, on 23 August 2014 - 10:46 AM, said:

Today I am trying a new tactic, mainly running a NARC Fox.

Narc and ECM, if you don't care about kills/damage, are incredibly effective for pugbossing. Let them know you have ECM - NARC mechs you want them to move towards.

Pugs are hungry critters. They will chase red doritos.

#29 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

Here's another good piece of info related to the topic.

The purpose of this announcement is to clarify our position on some contentious issues: Exploits and Griefing.

While the developers continue to integrate balances to help prevent these occurrences, we will be stepping up sanctions for players who are found to be engaging in the activities described below.

We would like to remind everyone that our Code of Conduct and Terms of Use apply both in-game and on the forums. It is our right to remove players who, for their own entertainment, intentionally degrade the gaming experience of others.

If you would like to report a player for violations, please submit a ticket to Support.

When submitting your ticket, if possible - provide a screenshot or video of the transgression in question. Please be sure to provide the following information:
-Time/date (and time zone)
-Map
-Mech used
-List of offending players
It speeds up the process and helps us tremendously!

#30 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

Gezz I was just getting ready to log in a play some but now I don't want to.

I managed 5 wins last night after only about a hour of play. Game play was still regular game play for the most part. No suiciders or any craziness. Now looks like I got nothing but frustration to look forward to today. Should have just stuck with it last night.

#31 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

Make that 3 for 3 now.

HBizzle, leading PUGs to salvation!!!!

#32 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:03 AM

View PostSorbic, on 23 August 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

Except that you can organize team play. People generally just don't try and expect others to do so. Then wonder why the game was so unorganized.

One of the early games in the challenge was Alpine where we had a guy organize us behind/around the Bravo start zone and win from there. It was fun, different than most Alpine matches and organized. Happens often enough when someone takes charge.

No, you can't, people wont base rush which is the most efficient way to win in Assault.

#33 TheBlackMegadeus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:25 AM

50/50 at midnight today was grueling hope it happens again, the tournaments worked great too.

#34 Artillery Witch Viridia

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:37 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 23 August 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

I've also found out I was terribly, terribly wrong about clan Pulse lasers and owe PGI an apology on that one.

Actually pulse lasers both clan and inner sphere are terrible. If you are bringing them you are essentially shafting every single person you played with of their chance to have a good game.

#35 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:39 AM

Putting a challenge that takes days to complete by fair means into the game just begged for folks to take the carry route instead.

10-20-30 would have been far less abused than 10-20-50.

View PostAzoic23, on 23 August 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

Actually pulse lasers both clan and inner sphere are terrible. If you are bringing them you are essentially shafting every single person you played with of their chance to have a good game.

Putting an ERLL on a Clan light is saying "shoot me while I sit here painting you with my blue flashlight".

Clan large pulses are marginal as a result, though MPL/SPL's are situational at best and turds most of the time.

Edited by wanderer, 23 August 2014 - 11:39 AM.

#36 Artillery Witch Viridia

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:55 AM

View Postwanderer, on 23 August 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

Putting a challenge that takes days to complete by fair means into the game just begged for folks to take the carry route instead.

10-20-30 would have been far less abused than 10-20-50.

Putting an ERLL on a Clan light is saying "shoot me while I sit here painting you with my blue flashlight".

Clan large pulses are marginal as a result, though MPL/SPL's are situational at best and turds most of the time.

Actually I would put two erll. for the cost of two tons more you could mount a variety of things such as ams, clan active probe, 2 more heatsinks, a larger targetting computer., maybe tonnage toward a narc or triple ams if it's a kit fox. It also allows you to be at full damage at a much longer range reducing your chances of receiving accurate return fire. Clan lights are not particularly fast and the closer you are the more likely you are getting hit. The damage increase for 2 more tons is a joke same with the heat differences. The longer burn time really isn't a problem and why would you stand there shooting the wub beam if you were likely to get hit the same as the erll.

#37 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:21 PM

last time they gave away premium it triggered automatically, so who knows

#38 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

I started at 4 AM, took a 4 hour break around lunch, and at 11 PM my record is 38 wins and 22 losses (26 and 12 since I switched to the Kit Fox!)

I'm hanging it up for the night. Gonna finish it up tomorrow. I'd love it if PGI released the stats on the number of people who completed the various tiers.

#39 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,705 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:58 PM

Lost track of losses due to pug lottery but now that I'm at 30 wins, done for the night.

#40 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:06 PM

View PostHBizzle, on 23 August 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

I am at 23, mainly running assault and organizing a base rush, but then I got frustrated and would go in and do as much damage as I could as quickly as possible and then move on to the next mech. Can't organize team play in the PUG queue, which is why I get frustrated.

Ah the beauty of PugLand...

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users