#101 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

View PostTipid, on 23 August 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

huh... thought groups were aloud back in the solo que.

Nope. They aren't. Of course, you can't stop sync drops. of course more often than not you're facing a portion of your group on the other side.

#102 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:13 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 August 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

All I am saying is that I don't care the size group, level of player skill, et al...It's more variety in play for me.

And that's 100% cool. That you don't mind is all you Joe and that's awesome.

Syncdropping in pug queue though is cheating. Plain and simple. The rules of pug queue specifically say solo players only. If someone wants to group, they need to go group queue. When someone tries to go group in pug queue via syncing they're trying to cheat to get an advantage.

Doesn't matter how you feel about the advantage, cheating is cheating.

#103 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:14 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 23 August 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

Nope. They aren't. Of course, you can't stop sync drops. of course more often than not you're facing a portion of your group on the other side.

sync drops are unfair, and you can really tell the difference. Like I said before if everybody just played as a team instead of the look what I can do thought process, the solo que would be a much better place.

#104 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:16 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 23 August 2014 - 05:11 PM, said:

It's not.

exactly

View PostMischiefSC, on 23 August 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

Syncdropping in pug queue though is cheating. .

sorry, don't agree. Cheating means breaking rules. I've never seen a rule regarding sync dropping

#105 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:17 PM

And that's 100% cool. That you don't mind is all you Joe and that's awesome.

Syncdropping in pug queue though is cheating. Plain and simple. The rules of pug queue specifically say solo players only. If someone wants to group, they need to go group queue. When someone tries to go group in pug queue via syncing they're trying to cheat to get an advantage.

I just cannot accept that in a team game that teams are un welcome.

The game I kept hearing about was supposed to have teams of any size with PUGs filling the gaps! Now once we have the actual game CW should have that in place, but in this simple demo, it is what it is!

#106 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:17 PM

No, it is not. We are dropping solo, not grouped. The fact we all drop at the same time is not cheating because there is a good chance that only a small portion will end up on your side in your match. Just as much as there will be other people in your 'group' opposing you.

If you want a true solo game, have PGI build a solo play version of the game so you just have dimwitted AIs to go up against. that's the only way to stop this. You want to minimize this, give us back a Solo - Lance queue like we used to have and do all contests there. That way solo players can opt in, and groups of 2-4 don't get roflstomped all day long by pro/tryhard teams practicing.

#107 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:18 PM

Just for reference http://mwomercs.com/...it/page__st__40

this solution by Clay Pigeon is the route they took
"Easiest and most elegant solution? Split the queues.[/color]

1 queue for solos ONLY.[/color]
1 queue for groups from 2 to 6 (2+6, 3+5, 4+4 make a team)[/color]
1 queue for 8 mans ONLY[/color]

The queue timer may need to be extended a little bit, but it is definitely doab[/color]"

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 23 August 2014 - 05:20 PM.

#108 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:21 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 23 August 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

sync drops are unfair, and you can really tell the difference. Like I said before if everybody just played as a team instead of the look what I can do thought process, the solo que would be a much better place.

As someone who has done both true solo and sync drop, you can't tell the difference with any regularity because groups are made up of players who are good and suck, but when in the solo queue, the elos are still relatively close. You aren't grouped so you can't hide good elos with bad players. Therefore, even though you drop in the same match as others in your TS, you are NOT dealing with a skill/elo mismatch anymore than if the MM is broken. By this standard, there is little to no difference in a sync drop in the solo queue other than being more fun and likely to have actual teamwork.

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 23 August 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

Just for reference http://mwomercs.com/...it/page__st__40

this solution by Clay Pigeon is the route they took
"Easiest and most elegant solution? Split the queues.[/color]

1 queue for solos ONLY.[/color]
1 queue for groups from 2 to 6 (2+6, 3+5, 4+4 make a team)[/color]
1 queue for 8 mans ONLY[/color]

The queue timer may need to be extended a little bit, but it is definitely doab[/color]"

Close, but... this would retain most of the problem.

1. Solo queue only (sorry, you have no ability to keep Sync drops away)
2. Lance queue: Solo players opt in up to groups of 4.
3. Company queue: 4mans can opt in, groups up to 12 face off, with the ability for 8man or higher to drop short.

Do this and it will be far more effective.

#109 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:21 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 23 August 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

As someone who has done both true solo and sync drop, you can't tell the difference with any regularity because groups are made up of players who are good and suck, but when in the solo queue, the elos are still relatively close. You aren't grouped so you can't hide good elos with bad players. Therefore, even though you drop in the same match as others in your TS, you are NOT dealing with a skill/elo mismatch anymore than if the MM is broken. By this standard, there is little to no difference in a sync drop in the solo queue other than being more fun and likely to have actual teamwork.

That's the thing people like the OP want to ignore. Nobody here knows their personal Elo. That means you CAN'T sync drop with frequency and consistency like some would like to suggest. It's impossible.

#110 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:24 PM

Seriously, it's absurd that you would try to defend a practice used exclusively by bads.

Such poor players deserve to be mocked and shamed.

#111 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:25 PM

Heck I still just wanna see House specific drops! Each team is 12 players from one house OR one house and some Lone Wolves.

#112 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:28 PM

View PostRoland, on 23 August 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

Seriously, it's absurd that you would try to defend a practice used exclusively by bads.

I'm not "defending" anything, I'm pointing out that it's not cheating. There is absolutely no rule against doing it.

#113 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

So, here's a question -

With the group queue, why try to sync drop in the pug queue?

We already know the answer to that.

Solo queue is the solo queue. Sync-dropping there is trying to get around the nature of it being the solo queue.

PGI did build a solo queue - that's why it's called the solo queue, as opposed to the group queue.

If it's not possible to syncdrop with consistency then why do it?

Oh, wait.

Cuz group queue is TOOOO HAAAARRRRDDDDDDD.

Trying to play with an advantage via exploiting game mechanics is against the rules. The idea that people don't actually understand that the solo queue is for... solo dropping and the mechanics in place where if you're in a group you drop in the group queue don't get that....

Of course they get it. Feebs gotta cheat though.

#114 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

As someone who has only played solo all this time, all I can say about the issue of people trying to sync drop is: So what?!

The probability of a successful sync drop (i.e. everyone ending up on the same team) is probably so low it's not worth doing it. Note too that the probability becomes even less the more players are involved in it. And that's not even considering Elo and 3/3/3/3.

I think people are trying to make a mountain out of a grain of sand (a molehill is probably too big I think ^_^).

Edited by Mystere, 23 August 2014 - 05:32 PM.

#115 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:31 PM

Exactly, it doesn't even matter if you want to call it cheating or not.

If you sync drop, it means you are bad. You are telegraphing how you aren't able to hack it in the big boys queue, because your group is bad.

#116 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:32 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

You don't get any. Its not about you.

I addressed PGI in my post being well aware of the tactics on the forum employed by those who participate in this practice themselves. Just like last time I had a bunch of you go on the attack and I was proved right soon after.

You addressed the open forum... but did you address PGI? The forums is not exactly addressing PGI. If you want to address PGI, you should send Support an E-mail. Otherwise, Forum talk is Forum talk, and doesn't mean that PGI is aware of it.

If you have evidence, submit that to PGI in an e-mail to support. Though I wouldn't mind seeing said evidence, it might cross into "name and shame" category. Send in your report of the abuse as you see it to support, and then let it drop. If PGI will do something about it, if they can find enough evidence, then they will do something about it. (Example: Did that guy just blatantly shoot a teammate in front of you? Watch him and screen shot him doing it if he does it again, or if you have it on video and he continues to do so, send in screens/video to PGI support and let them deal with it.)

#117 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:35 PM

View PostRoland, on 23 August 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

That may be true, but it is one I don't use! So if my opponent does, I don't care!

#118 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:42 PM

I don't think this is happening to any real effect with any regularity but it is feeble. It's also cheating like any other exploit. Is it against an explicit rule? No, other than the general rule against exploiting to make the game worse for others for your own benefit.

It's feeble though. Weak and feeble. Admittedly if anyone is so emotionally weak that they need to syncdrop in the pug queue in the hopes of having an advantage sometimes in some matches.... well, I guess I can't object.... that's so sad it's hard to be upset with it.

#119 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:44 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 23 August 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

It's feeble though. Weak and feeble. Admittedly if anyone is so emotionally weak that they need to syncdrop in the pug queue in the hopes of having an advantage sometimes in some matches.... well, I guess I can't object.... that's so sad it's hard to be upset with it.

Precisely.

#120 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:46 PM

Sorry, it's not "cheating". There's not a single solitary rule against it. If your opinion is people who do it "suck", well that's fine, but it is NOT cheating. If/when PGI ever says "you can't sync drop in solo queue" THEN it's cheating.

40 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 40 guests, 0 anonymous users