Can You Stop The Practice Pgi?

946 replies to this topic

#61 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:48 PM

With enough rope even the high and mighty fall. Some just don't know till they are swinging from it.

#62 Henree

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 501 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:51 PM

I solo a lot but a lot of the solo players know how to work together w/o comms
it's a hive mind thing

#63 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

So the OP has made certain assertions, provides zero evidence or supporting information other than he "knows" when he's playing against a group, and asserts that his losing is the fault of groups and group players.

So I'll attempt to make a constructive conversation out of this

How exactly shoudl PGI stop sync dropping?

#64 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

What is the definition of a tryhard? Just wondering. ^_^

#65 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:13 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 August 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

So the OP has made certain assertions, provides zero evidence or supporting information other than he "knows" when he's playing against a group, and asserts that his losing is the fault of groups and group players.

So I'll attempt to make a constructive conversation out of this

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

See what I mean about trying to ahve a constructive conversation with some people around here?

#66 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

I can confirm that paranoia is NOT Lostech. See OP.

Seriously mudhutwarrior, the more you keep making excuses to why you lose... you're only proving that you're not as good as you think you are.

Even attempts at solo sync dropping come in the form of being on the opposite force... rarely where you will be on the team with them.

I'm just fortunate to not see you on my team. That's a plus!

There are at times that you see the same people that you had last match... it's usually related to how fast people launch their matches AND how the MM is working with a very limited pool of players. It happens every tourney, and so this is no different.

#67 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 August 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

See what I mean about trying to ahve a constructive conversation with some people around here?

A constructive conversation is saying your piece then moving on until it is addressed or countered. Posting in multiples of ten repeating the same argument is trolling.

How many posts do you have in this thread? Does anyone come close to your number?

#68 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 23 August 2014 - 03:21 PM, said:

I can confirm that paranoia is NOT Lostech. See OP.

Seriously mudhutwarrior, the more you keep making excuses to why you lose... you're only proving that you're not as good as you think you are.

Even attempts at solo sync dropping come in the form of being on the opposite force... rarely where you will be on the team with them.

I'm just fortunate to not see you on my team. That's a plus!

There are at times that you see the same people that you had last match... it's usually related to how fast people launch their matches AND how the MM is working with a very limited pool of players. It happens every tourney, and so this is no different.

Really? I am bad therefore I post about this? At least Sandpit somewhat tries. ^_^

#69 Eboli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 August 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

Yes he does, and he IS entitled to give his opinion on this forum, no matter how strongly we disagree. He gets to say his piece, we get to counter him (the more civil the better) and PGI gets to say if he is right or wrong. I do have to admit i have seen some really good coordination in some of my PUG matches, Unlike Mud I have no problem losing to a Sync dropped team. It is a team oriented game so the better team should win. End of discussion.

I fully agree with Joseph here. There is without a doubt that teams will attempt to synch drop because the game engine cannot stop it from happening. Whether it is a big bad boogey man is another question which I cannot answer but we do know that attempts to do so are not always successful. Is it so endemic that it is ruining the game? Most likely No.

If people are synch dropping and my solo drop gets put into the same timing I can at least say that I have a 50% chance of being on the same team with a synch dropped group.

God!, it is a game and I don't don't bother getting my undies tied up in a knot about it. I don't care about my K/D, match maker appears to try to give me 50% of winning anyway. Just move on to the next game and stress out about real life events.

PGI probably dropped the ball by not allowing this weekend's comp not to count group drops as well so hopefully they will learn next time. I would not be opposed to a group only comp either. Actually it would be completely fair for the to do it.

Maybe in the next comp they can create one based on earning so many 10,000 points to be obtained by a combination of damage done plusso many points for a kill and an assist. And disable Arty and Air Strikes for that period.

No matter what PGI does there will always be someone complaining.

IT IS A GAME!!!

Cheers!
Eboli

#70 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

Sync drops happen. I know they do because of three reasons.

1. There's no way to stop them.
2. There's nothing against the rules for them.
3. I do them, and know certain people in this queue denying them are doing them too because I've done it with them.

Sorry guys, let's be honest. During the challenge, expect lots more sync drops too. Why? Because that's a lot of wins and it's more fun to play with friends even when they're on the other side. Of course, anyone gaming the system by using sync drops is a despicable jerk.

The thing most people who hate/don't do sync drops do not understand is half your team is on the other side trying to kill you too. Of course, if PGI gave BACK our 2-4 group queue like before the monster of 5+ came in and wrecked the group queue... there'd be less reason to do it. It'd also be nice if for once PGI would make the challenges not exclusive to the solo queue. That's another part of the problem. They're incentivizing sync drops who normally wouldn't do it.

The saddest part is that those who get the most angry at sync drops really are just looking for something to blame for their bad play. Face it, lack of coordination is often the cause of your loss, and that is a natural state of being in Derptown. Selfish groups of 12 all out for themselves and not supporting one another. The group that plays together best wins.

And syncs have decreased since the creating of large group drops as a general rule. Therefore, if you want to complain about Syncs in the Solo Queue, you have no way to stop it, and maybe instead complain to PGI about giving less incentive to do it by returning to us the small group queue and do something positive about the bad condition of the group queues.

Edited by Kjudoon, 23 August 2014 - 03:31 PM.

#71 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2014 - 03:23 PM, said:

A constructive conversation is saying your piece then moving on until it is addressed or countered. Posting in multiples of ten repeating the same argument is trolling.

How many posts do you have in this thread? Does anyone come close to your number?

View PostSandpit, on 23 August 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

I ask, again, what's your proposal to "fix" this problem Mudhut. You want to give feedback? Well give it.

What do you propose?

View PostKjudoon, on 23 August 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

The saddest part is that those who get the most angry at sync drops really are just looking for something to blame for their bad play. Face it, lack of coordination is often the cause of your loss, and that is a natural state of being in Derptown. Selfish groups of 12 all out for themselves and not supporting one another. The group that plays together best wins.

Generally speaking

#72 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

Really? I am bad therefore I post about this? At least Sandpit somewhat tries. ^_^

No, this is the only complaint you make, and you provide zero proof.

When people have complaints about a particular issue, they are relatively constructive on the relevant issues at hand, and generally provide a solution.

You on the other hand... is just giving you a megaphone, complain that it happens (whether real or not), and then proceed to have no solution other than "it's everyone else's fault".

I don't have the time, patience, nor care to listen to that. All you do is provide cannon fodder for people that's been telling you what the actual problems are and not just saying it because "they all hurt me in bad ways".

Edited by Deathlike, 23 August 2014 - 03:46 PM.

#73 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:48 PM

You're just giving a baseless opinion though. You're not putting forward a point. If I say 'The moon is made of green cheese and I have proof!'....

Then not giving proof and attacking the character of everyone who provides proof the the contrary isn't an argument. It's trolling.

I've got to think the solo pug queue is the worst thing MW:O ever did to you -

It took away your favorite excuse for why you lose. Now you have to prove that it's some secret lie, because otherwise you're going to have to accept that when you lose it's in part your own performance. There is nothing 'stacked against you'. People are not secretly cheating for their wins and success.

They are working for them and doing better than you. I'm pugging at ~65% win rate today. I'm pretty happy with that; hard to do in the group queue with a 12man even.

You're making excuses as to why you are losing.

Good luck with that.

#74 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

MudHutWarrior has stopped at the first stage of the process: Locating an issue.

Sandpit and Deathlike have gone on to the second piece of the process: Proposing solutions.

MudHutWarrior now needs to put out proposals to fix this, or facilitate the process in which a solution is discussed to continue with the conversation.

Of course, if the locating of the issue was nothing more than a ballywick to rue and curse the issue without providing a solution, a new issue is created: tantrum throwing.

If solutions were proposed then the next step implementing those solutions and assessing the results.

If successful, the problem is solved and people can go back to being happy. If the problem isn't solved, lather rinse repeat.

Again, this assumes that a solution is wanted.

Edit: after 11 pages it is clear the solution desired is impossible, unrealistic and let's face it... just plain delusional based on a misunderstanding on what a solo queue in a competitive teamplay game means.

Edited by Kjudoon, 23 August 2014 - 11:41 PM.

#75 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:51 PM

We tried five..six maybe seven times to sync drop.......whats the secret?
I'd guess ONCE in that time two of us got on the same map, different sides.

#76 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:51 PM

View PostSome Douche, on 23 August 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

So either the sync drop works and you roll the other team with your cheating ways....

Or the sync drop puts you on opposite teams and you blow the game with your cheating ways so that one of the sides of friends can win...

Yeah I've done it too.... and it still happens.

Hello, Mr. "Binary code is not a computer language"... ^_^

Mud, I've seen people try it. The fact remains, though, that it's so unreliable and unlikely to work properly, that it's not that worth it. And it's no where near as bad as you think it is.

Even if, say, they managed to get in, that's not guaranteed to lead to victory. Nor will they always be on the bad team.

Sometimes it does happen. Sometimes the guy on the other team will sabotage the other team. There are always people like that. But there's nothing reasonable you can really do about it, and it really is quite rare. It may be a problem, but it's not a big problem.

#77 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:01 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 23 August 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

Sandpit and Deathlike have gone on to the second piece of the process: Proposing solutions.

MudHutWarrior now needs to put out proposals to fix this, or facilitate the process in which a solution is discussed to continue with the conversation.

Of course, if the locating of the issue was nothing more than a ballywick to rue and curse the issue without providing a solution, a new issue is created: tantrum throwing.

If solutions were proposed then the next step implementing those solutions and assessing the results.

If successful, the problem is solved and people can go back to being happy. If the problem isn't solved, lather rinse repeat.

Any time you ask him to give any kind of feedback, constructive posts, or ask for his ideas on how to fix what he perceives as a problem you get

That's why I don't bother anymore, but, as Joe pointed out, it's always better to keep it constructive. So in an attempt to do that I've asked the OP 2-3 times now what he would propose to fix it.

#78 Tipid

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationI am not sure.

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

huh... thought groups were aloud back in the solo que.

#79 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:08 PM

View PostAUSwarrior24, on 23 August 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

Hello, Mr. "Binary code is not a computer language"... ^_^

Mud, I've seen people try it. The fact remains, though, that it's so unreliable and unlikely to work properly, that it's not that worth it. And it's no where near as bad as you think it is.

Even if, say, they managed to get in, that's not guaranteed to lead to victory. Nor will they always be on the bad team.

Sometimes it does happen. Sometimes the guy on the other team will sabotage the other team. There are always people like that. But there's nothing reasonable you can really do about it, and it really is quite rare. It may be a problem, but it's not a big problem.

so we have established that many have tried it and some admit to doing it more than once but its not a problem.

Considering the sheer number (excluding sandpits multiple posts ) of those who outright deny it happens at all i would tend to think it is a problem.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but Fair play and honor still ring in my halls. Just not here it seems.

#80 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 23 August 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

I made two suggestions in the beginning of this thread. First was PGI track it and second ban it outright. It severs no purpose in solo que and defeats what solo que is about until such time as voip enters the game.

View PostSandpit, on 23 August 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

Any time you ask him to give any kind of feedback, constructive posts, or ask for his ideas on how to fix what he perceives as a problem you get

That's why I don't bother anymore, but, as Joe pointed out, it's always better to keep it constructive. So in an attempt to do that I've asked the OP 2-3 times now what he would propose to fix it.

Are you accustomed to lying repeatedly? or is it just comprehension? And how many posts on their thread? Care to count?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users