Can You Stop The Practice Pgi?

946 replies to this topic

#41 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

View PostMadw0lf, on 23 August 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

Much as I agree with Sandpits views on Muds postings, Ive seen 3-4 accidental sync drops in the last couple days, though this is, like one person in my list, out of around 10 online..... (Accidental meaning I see someone in game, thats on my friends list, that I havent even conversed with. ) so his complaint may have some merit.

But what, realistically, can be done about it? Block people who are friends from being dropped together? Dont friend each other! Keep track of people dropping at the same time? Switch up drop groups! How much work would need to be done, vs how bad is the sync dropping really?

Its easy, Occasional runs where people end up on the same team would be obvious as would those who drop together regularly. When on comms all push at the same time it would stand out like a sore thumb. If its repeated across several matches it would be means to convict.

For anyone having trouble with my link just type "Steiner synch drop Fridays " in the search bar. Marik Mondays will come up also.

#42 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

Much as I agree with Sandpits views on Muds postings, Ive seen 3-4 accidental sync drops in the last couple days, though this is, like one person in my list, out of around 10 online..... (Accidental meaning I see someone in game, thats on my friends list, that I havent even conversed with. ) so his complaint may have some merit.

But what, realistically, can be done about it? Block people who are friends from being dropped together? Dont friend each other! Keep track of people dropping at the same time? Switch up drop groups! How much work would need to be done, vs how bad is the sync dropping really?

a player can't help it if they get dropped with another player in the same faction

#43 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

Direct links to this forum Joe. Should be good. I have no reason to suspect PGI has anything bad on the site.

Something from Doblol.com is embedded or so the warning says.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 23 August 2014 - 02:00 PM.

#44 Carrion Hound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 184 posts
  • LocationThe depths of your discontent

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

Be a man, and stop whining. Bad weekends happen.

#45 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:59 PM

The other part of that is that the OP has consistently stated "I know they're in a group on voip because they used teamwork"

#46 Madw0lf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 367 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:00 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2014 - 01:56 PM, said:

Its easy, Occasional runs where people end up on the same team would be obvious as would those who drop together regularly. When on comms all push at the same time it would stand out like a sore thumb. If its repeated across several matches it would be means to convict.

For anyone having trouble with my link just type "Steiner synch drop Fridays " in the search bar. Marik Mondays will come up also.

I didnt write very well, but I kinda covered that. If groups are trying to sync drop, theyll just witch player groups around every couple games or so, less than however many it would take to verify the syncing behavior.

View PostSandpit, on 23 August 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

a player can't help it if they get dropped with another player in the same faction

Yes, though faction doesnt exactly matter.....

#47 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

That's the whole thing. Sync dropping doesn't work like this tinfoil warrior thinks it does.
What happens when, let's say 8 guys try to sync drop in underhive queue?
- All press the button at the same time, all have the same game mode checked.
- Of those 8 maybe 4 land in the same match.
- 2 are on each side.
What have they won with this, besides some minor advantages in communications? Both sides still have the same chances to win as before and without sync droppers.

#48 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:04 PM

Within the Code of Conduct, there is no rule that states that multiple players cannot hit launch at the same time. Elo and the MM will still do its thing, and the same group that likes to play together will likely have similar Elo with each other, which makes it less likely they'll end up in the same game, much less the same team.

You can't punish players for a non-existent rule anyway, and how would you? Just because 5-10 people with the same faction tag all launch at the same time does not convey an intention to sync drop, so any punitive actions taken will undoubtedly result in innocent players being banned for no crime.

Sync dropping in solo queue has a very low probability for success, the advantages (1-3 players at most) are minor, and the overall likelihood of a solo player running into sync drops with any degree of regularity is extremely rare.

For the solo player it's such a rare occurrence that they will be facing non-solo players, it would be a waste for PGI to allocate resources to prevent it, and any steps to prevent it will likely result in much longer search times and unnecessary hardship for the vast majority of solo players. You have a higher chance of the MM screwing up and pitting you against a much better team, than you do running into a sync drop of 1-3 players. The former of which will stomp you more often than the latter.

#49 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

just to give those that doubt what I'm saying a brief recap (ther'es more, I just got tired of copying and pasting)

point being, it's always the same thing.
Over
and over
and over again

The reason the OP loses, has a run of losses, etc. is ALWAYS blamed on groups.
without fail.

#50 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

View PostMadw0lf, on 23 August 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

I didnt write very well, but I kinda covered that. If groups are trying to sync drop, theyll just witch player groups around every couple games or so, less than however many it would take to verify the syncing behavior.

I am sure anyone doing their best to exploit will do just as you say but the majority? Make something more of a bother and it will at least discourage it.

#51 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

View PostMadw0lf, on 23 August 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

I know that
You know that
The OP states otherwise many times as "evidence"

#52 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:17 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 August 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

I know that
You know that
The OP states otherwise many times as "evidence"

Not on this thread. Seems you regulars have to go way back to tarnish though. Anyone see a pattern? ^_^

#53 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

View PostKutfroat, on 23 August 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

no he is not. just was in a game where it was discussed in chat and invites given out to join. syncdropping should not be possible, defeats the whole purpose of a soloqueue.

That's not sync dropping. That's asking random people to team up.

You people act like it works. Tried it and if you got the same match, which was rare, you usually wound up on opposite sides. FTR, it wasn't about ROFLSTOMPING, it was about we have 6 brothers-in-arms on TS and we want to drop together, so we made two groups of 3 or a 4+2 and hoped for the best.

On rare occasions, we would see that we had landed with another 4 man that was in a different dropship (ie channel) so we would all join up under the senior person's lead.

Again, more about camaraderie and impromptu training that anything else.

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

It happens and its easy because i sat in on it myself. most often the drop goes more than well and most often the five man I was watching all ended up in lance order not on the other team.

Instead of alerting everyone to your inclination by shooting straight denials just instead discuss whether the practice if it exists or not should be banned along with those practicing it.

We went through the whole no one is synch dropping last year too. Multiple threads with the same guys coming back to say it never happens or is too difficult.

Of course when the Steiners started synch drop Fridays here on the forums that kind of made fools of the lot.

They never learn it seems.

Was explained to me a simple algorithm will see who and how many times they drop together or hit launch at the same time. Its actually very easy to do.. In solo que it becomes very easy

I call BS on you watching a group drop together. So was this a actual LAN party or you just happened to see some people drop together? Any screenshots with time stamps? No? Didn't think so.

#54 Some Douche

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

View PostViktor Drake, on 23 August 2014 - 12:36 PM, said:

Sync dropping doesn't work half as good as people seem to think it does. I used to do it with my old corp and more often than not half our sync ended up on the other team which meant that any advantage we had, the other team had as well. Hell we couldn't even use coms unless we dropped to another channel because of the cross chatter.

So either the sync drop works and you roll the other team with your cheating ways....

Or the sync drop puts you on opposite teams and you blow the game with your cheating ways so that one of the sides of friends can win...

Yeah I've done it too.... and it still happens.

#55 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:20 PM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 23 August 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

You people act like it works. Tried it and if you got the same match, which was rare, you usually wound up on opposite sides. FTR, it wasn't about ROFLSTOMPING, it was about we have 6 brothers-in-arms on TS and we want to drop together, so we made two groups of 3 or a 4+2 and hoped for the best.

On rare occasions, we would see that we had landed with another 4 man that was in a different dropship (ie channel) so we would all join up under the senior person's lead.

I call BS on you watching a group drop together. So was this a actual LAN party or you just happened to see some people drop together? Any screenshots with time stamps? No? Didn't think so.

So you admit the practice yourself albeit with some good cover but want me to explain what I saw.

#56 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:25 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

Actually support suggested I make a topic here. If Its ok with PGI I have no problem posting it. They are more aware of the issue than some would like us to believe.

Support suggested... you make a forum post about sync dropping in pug queue?

So you presented them with brilliant evidence showing that it happens ALL THE TIME, and they said 'Huh, you're right! Go post on the forums about it!'

I'm dubious.

#57 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:26 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

So you admit the practice yourself albeit with some good cover but want me to explain what I saw.

Mud, its a team game that is much funner when on comms win or lose. I can play for hours losing every match if I can laugh or grouse with others.

#58 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 23 August 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

dude, it's not any use. Anyone who's been in the community a while knows the OP's rhetoric. I just wanted to make sure that it didn't go up unchallenged so we get another crop of "i'm losing because of premades" from new players who don't know any better. I just wanted it pointed out that it's been the same thing witht he OP since OB. Losses are ALWAYS blamed on groups and/or group players.

The OP constantly assumed he knew exactly when he drops and dropped against anyone on comms. The OP "knows" this because of teamwork and getting stomped. (which is aprt of the reason why the OP still gets stomped consistently, instead of working on things that are causing those stomps the OP wants to continue to blame groups" The absolute most hilarious (and my personal favorite) was
[color=#959595]Past two days seems like I am dropping into 8/12 mans every match. Right after the patch it was great with some of the best matches I have seen all year but now I just had 10 total wipes in a row.[/color]
[color=#959595]Pretty obvious was up against teams on comms so I am asking if there is some new button I am supposed to press or is it just the new mm is severely broken?[/color]

This was posted after the solo and group queues were formed and it was physically impossible for this to happen.

View PostMischiefSC, on 23 August 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:

Support suggested... you make a forum post about sync dropping in pug queue?

So you presented them with brilliant evidence showing that it happens ALL THE TIME, and they said 'Huh, you're right! Go post on the forums about it!'

I'm dubious.

of course they didn't. Support doesn't make suggestions like that.

#59 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:41 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 August 2014 - 02:29 PM, said:

dude, it's not any use. Anyone who's been in the community a while knows the OP's rhetoric. I just wanted to make sure that it didn't go up unchallenged so we get another crop of "i'm losing because of premades" from new players who don't know any better. I just wanted it pointed out that it's been the same thing witht he OP since OB. Losses are ALWAYS blamed on groups and/or group players.

The OP constantly assumed he knew exactly when he drops and dropped against anyone on comms. The OP "knows" this because of teamwork and getting stomped. (which is aprt of the reason why the OP still gets stomped consistently, instead of working on things that are causing those stomps the OP wants to continue to blame groups" The absolute most hilarious (and my personal favorite) was
[color=#959595]Past two days seems like I am dropping into 8/12 mans every match. Right after the patch it was great with some of the best matches I have seen all year but now I just had 10 total wipes in a row.[/color]
[color=#959595]Pretty obvious was up against teams on comms so I am asking if there is some new button I am supposed to press or is it just the new mm is severely broken?[/color]

This was posted after the solo and group queues were formed and it was physically impossible for this to happen.

of course they didn't. Support doesn't make suggestions like that.

Hello Mudhutwarrior,

Your feedback and suggestions are appreciated! The contents of this ticket have been passed along to the appropriate teams. However to better reach the developers with your ideas and suggestions, please post here: http://mwomercs.com/...al-discussions/ - please choose the appropriate sub-section.

Please be aware that even though the devs do read the forums and especially the suggestions one, they rarely reply to any thread so they can concentrate on actually building the game. Also, the community representatives read all forum posts and compile then send to the devs the most relevant and constructive feedback on a weekly basis.
As one can imagine, if the devs start responding to everything, it would become a never-ending back and forth, and game development itself would suffer because of this.

Regards,
FullMetalGM
GameMaster
MechWarrior® Online™

Sandpit is truly an expert!

#60 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:44 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

Sandpit is truly an expert!

Smartest thing you've said in 2 years

I also sincerely doubt that the email sent to support said

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

Since solo que opened synch dropping has been getting worse daily. This Tournament weekend is the worst and its no secret anymore. I see it being discussed in chat openly including stompteams inviting others to join them in chat.

There is a group que for those who want to be on comms so what gives?

Its not to be with friends because there is an outlet for that so its only for exploiting the system for gain.
Its relatively easy to track players doing this practice so change the loose rules from two years ago and ban the practice then ban the players doing it. We know you can.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users