• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 23 August 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

So the whole thing about cheating is that it's cheating, even if it's not punished.

It has been clarified - it's in the CoC. It's exploiting an issue for an advantage. This isn't about one person grouping and not using Teamspeak and another does; this is about syncdropping to bypass the game engine limitations to prevent groups in the solo queue.

If people are doing it because they think that the solo queue is only the solo queue unless you manage to syncdrop, then it's the group queue.... well, maybe PGI needs to make an announcement that syncdropping to bypass the built in limitations to the solo queue to prevent groups is, in fact, using an exploit to bypass built in limitations.

No, it hasn't been clarified. If it HAD been clarified we wouldn't be having this discussion. If it had been clarified one of us could point to the ruling on it. We can't because it hasn't been clarified. You're working off of the assumption that your interpretation and understanding of the CoC and ToS indicates that it's cheating. I don't interpret it that way. That's why we'd need clarification.

I'm still waiting on the OP to reply with his idea on how to fix it since he's so concerned with it.

#143 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:44 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

Since solo que opened synch dropping has been getting worse daily. This Tournament weekend is the worst and its no secret anymore. I see it being discussed in chat openly including stompteams inviting others to join them in chat.

There is a group que for those who want to be on comms so what gives?

Its not to be with friends because there is an outlet for that so its only for exploiting the system for gain.
Its relatively easy to track players doing this practice so change the loose rules from two years ago and ban the practice then ban the players doing it. We know you can.

Dude, even if someone managed a Sync Drop, the chances of it being more than 2 on at a time, is pretty freaking astronomical. If someone does manage to form a 2 man, it is probably like...once every 5-10 drops.

If you are wetting your panties over THAT, instead of worrying about some legit REAL issues with MWO, I might recommend uninstalling.

#144 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:44 PM

There's a huge difference in

"players who does this are breaking the spirit of the rule"
and
"players who do this are cheating"

As it stands right now, they're breaking the spirit of the rules, they're not cheating.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 23 August 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

Dude, even if someone managed a Sync Drop, the chances of it being more than 2 on at a time, is pretty freaking astronomical. If someone does manage to form a 2 man, it is probably like...once every 5-10 drops.

If you are wetting your panties over THAT, instead of worrying about some legit REAL issues with MWO, I might recommend uninstalling.

or give some ideas on how to improve it, which he constantly avoids doing in favor of calling me a liar, tryhard, etc.

#145 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:45 PM

I think mischief's interpretation is pretty clearly correct, and i wouldn't be terribly surprised if you got penaltized by pgi for violating the coc in that manner.

I mean, i guess you can believe otherwise, but it won't really matter.. And even if it is against the coc, it still won't matter since pgi rarely enforces anything anyway.

Ultimately, the best course of action is to just police ourselves and mock the **** out of the folks who are bad enough to need to do such a thing.

#146 Green Mamba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 23 August 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

SC makes a good point.

Star Citizen?

#147 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

View PostMischiefSC, on 23 August 2014 - 06:02 PM, said:

So you're of the opinion that while they split the solo and group queues.... it's still okay to try and syncdrop into the solo queue? Then why split it? Why have a group queue at all?

Here's a thing most people here are completely overlooking.

Maybe...just maybe...people are sync dropping, because PGI (in all their infinite wisdom) seems adamant in not supporting a single group challenge. Maybe some people despise playing this game solo, but still wish to compete in the challenges. Maybe they're trying to sync drop simply in the hopes that they'll have at least 1 other person they know in the game they can play with, because even though they will likely be on the enemy team, games are more enjoyable when you play them with people you know.

#148 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:47 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 23 August 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

The 3/3/3/3 team composition actually makes it easier. I think Roadbeer pointed this out before they even implemented it as a potential flaw with the composition rules.

Regardless, the best solution is, as i said, mock the **** out of them for being bad.

#149 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 23 August 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

Star Citizen?

yes, star citizen

#150 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:52 PM

View PostRoland, on 23 August 2014 - 06:47 PM, said:

The 3/3/3/3 team composition actually makes it easier. I think Roadbeer pointed this out before they even implemented it as a potential flaw with the composition rules.

Regardless, the best solution is, as i said, mock the **** out of them for being bad.

Unless of course they are emotionally mature enough to not care about your childish attempt to shame them.

#151 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:54 PM

View PostRoland, on 23 August 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

I think mischief's interpretation is pretty clearly correct

I think a lot of things but that doesn't make them factual. That's kinda the point. you THINK it might be against the rules but we don't KNOW whether it is or not.

#152 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 23 August 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

Star Citizen?

yes and Yes ;p

The SC on the end of my name stands for Star Citizen.

#153 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:17 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 August 2014 - 06:52 PM, said:

Unless of course they are emotionally mature enough to not care about your childish attempt to shame them.

But they likely aren't if they are emotionally immature to the extent that they can't handle playing in the big boys queue because they lose.

Seems like those kinds of folks are exactly the kinds of folks who mocking will bother.

#154 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:19 PM

View PostRoland, on 23 August 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

But they likely aren't if they are emotionally immature to the extent that they can't handle playing in the big boys queue because they lose.

Seems like those kinds of folks are exactly the kinds of folks who mocking will bother.

Oh, Then you are not trying to bother me then. ^_^

#155 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:29 PM

View PostSome Douche, on 23 August 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

So either the sync drop works and you roll the other team with your cheating ways....

Or the sync drop puts you on opposite teams and you blow the game with your cheating ways so that one of the sides of friends can win...

Yeah I've done it too.... and it still happens.

So you cheat and thus assume we all do?

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

So you admit the practice yourself albeit with some good cover but want me to explain what I saw.

And there's another Classic Mudism. Totally ignore the context, ie this was in the Bad Old Days, ie 4 or 12 man groups. Then you act like sync dropping in and of itself is Evil. Plus you ignore the fact that I flat out said it was for the purpose of playing together when we had less than 12 and more than 4 wanting to drop as a group.

Lastly, what does any of that have to do with your assertion that it's rampant to the point of griefing? These days if 6 of us want to drop together, we do, as a group of 6. The way god and PGI have ordained.

Why would we waste drop after drop getting split up? If I need some quick wins, I just drop in the solo queue and wreck face. Turns out that even though I suck in the group queue, in the solo queue I am fairly good.

On a side, yet related, note, found out why LRMs are always being whined about. PUGs will run in circles trying to get away from LRMs Ran the trial Kintaro the other day for a change of pace and got 7 kills, 18 assists in 3 drops.

TL;DR you are just whining because you suck. I've dropped against you and you always died within 5 minutes or less and proceeded to whine about LRMs or,groups etc.If it wasn't against the name and shame rules I would love to post the screenshots of your rants...

#156 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:46 PM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 23 August 2014 - 07:29 PM, said:

.If it wasn't against the name and shame rules I would love to post the screenshots of your rants...

k town??? :ph34r:

#157 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 23 August 2014 - 07:29 PM, said:

These days if 6 of us want to drop together, we do, as a group of 6. The way god and PGI have ordained.

That, sir, was awesome. Like a boss, due props.

#158 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:58 PM

View PostRoland, on 23 August 2014 - 06:14 PM, said:

So you want to play with a group, but aren't good enough to play in n the group queue, and get stomped there.

How does that not mean you are bad? Seems like that is exactly what it means.

No, it's about not having to play at a no-fun pro level every match just to have a little success.

Does the fact that you drop solo mean you can't play well with others or utilize teamwork and look beyond your own ends? No... it doesn't.

Quit trying to make conclusions on mendacious thoughts about what others think or do.

Some really nasty thoughts around here masquerading as intellectualism.

Edited by Kjudoon, 23 August 2014 - 07:59 PM.

#159 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

I posted to pgi here on their request. Only experts here I will listen to and that comes from experience.

I'm pretty sure that's an automated reply. So really, it's just to keep people content while PGI decides whether or not they're wasting their time.

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 August 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

Here's my take on Sync dropping in PUGs

I don't care If players are. Because As a player I should never be sure that my enemy is X, Y or Z. I like that my combat game is not predictable!

Simple Mantra, "The better team always wins."

It's sad, but I think you'll find most of this community would be better suited playing chess rather than MechWarrior. Gone our the days where players enjoyed a game that provided a challenge. Gone is the satisfaction of beating something unfairly stacked against you.

Now people want games that hold their hands, provide completely symmetrical balance and never give them a challenge.

Also, Roland, there is a significant difference between a hack that gives you a mechanical advantage that nobody else has, and simply using teamwork that anyone could use if they were bothered. Good players will still spawn with good players. Just because two guys managed to get into a game together, doesn't make them any better than other players that might actually want to work together as well.

#160 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

People have been synch dropping.

31 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users