#241 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:03 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 24 August 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

I think your wrong, its been steadily increasing over time as more caught on. Now its the big thing due to the contest. Once many have a taste of easy farming it will continue worse than before.

That's always how it goes until PGI changes the system.

I thought the solo queue was easy stat farming anyway (for kills/assists), and it's definitely faster for cbill farming regardless (no need to wait on anyone else to drop, and you can drop when you die and jump right back in). More new players, players who don't know what they're doing, or just players who don't work with a team and make themselves easy pickings.

Sync dropping doesn't really help much wither most of the above (it's slower, and random) other than the kills/assists, but it also takes out a lot of the fun of dropping with a specific group of friends.

Edited by Bront, 24 August 2014 - 07:03 AM.

#242 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:22 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 24 August 2014 - 12:35 AM, said:

I don't think syncdropping is that big a deal in actual practice. A big part of that is the presence of the group queue and the difficulty in getting it done.

I do however have faith in people who really, really want to work an exploit finding a way to do it better.

Also, in the end, it's not even about how effective it is. It's about the integrity of the model - do we actually have a 'group queue' and a 'solo queue' or do we have a 'small groups and pugs queue' and a 'large groups' queue?

My worry here is that:

And what is the lesson for today and for all time:
Whining incessantly does indeed produce results!

As such, PGI just might decide to spend time, effort, and resources "fixing" this "problem" if the whining reaches a high enough level.

Eventually, even mewling infants get to receive attention ...

Edited by Mystere, 24 August 2014 - 07:47 AM.

#243 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:29 AM

I've been accused, in game, by Mudhut, of sync dropping. If it were someone else, I'd consider it either an insult (accusing me of cheating) or a compliment (they honestly think the team did so well that we had voice comms). But Muddy? It's just him looking for an excuse to blame his failures on others, because we all know HE never makes mistakes and is one of the best players around, right?

I swear, people need to stop looking for excuses to not get better at the game. :ph34r:

#244 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:32 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 24 August 2014 - 02:20 AM, said:

Try looking at the thread sometimes. I stated clearly PGI asked me to post here and posted the email proving such.

Really? Please post a link or give the page number where this email is posted (BTW, I will be looking for edited posts).

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 24 August 2014 - 02:57 AM, said:

Solo que is about instinct and intuition. You drop with random players and with some luck and a few typed commands you may get lucky and form into something effective. Your individual skills matter more in that environment because no one knows you play style and have to pick up your cues as do you. Its a different state of play than group que.

And here we start to see the source of Mud's vitriol. He seems to think he is a PUG whisperer, that if it weren't for the Evil Pre-Made Tryhards using the devil's software, he would be able to form an unstoppable force and ride the wave to ultimate domination as god has ordained!!!

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 24 August 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

I think your wrong, its been steadily increasing over time as more caught on. Now its the big thing due to the contest. Once many have a taste of easy farming it will continue worse than before.

That's always how it goes until PGI changes the system.

See the thing you are missing is when he said "When it happens", he meant on the rare occasion it actually works and you drop in the same match, then you start hoping it's the same side etc etc.

Second, you are lumping those of us who did it back in the day with those who are doing it today. I haven't sync dropped since the new queue structure. The closest I've seen is when another DHB 4-man landed in the same match as us (they were training for competitive drops and we were just goofing around) so we wound up "sync dropping" into the group queue.

Personally, despite the fact that I am not a competitive level player, and thus tend to not do well in the group queue, it's a great learning experience.

View PostEscef, on 24 August 2014 - 07:29 AM, said:

I've been accused, in game, by Mudhut, of sync dropping. If it were someone else, I'd consider it either an insult (accusing me of cheating) or a compliment (they honestly think the team did so well that we had voice comms). But Muddy? It's just him looking for an excuse to blame his failures on others, because we all know HE never makes mistakes and is one of the best players around, right?

I swear, people need to stop looking for excuses to not get better at the game. :ph34r:

I know right? It used to be TS was OP and needed to be banned, now it's us playing in his sandbox.

The truly sad part is if we do what he says he wants to do, ie text info, stick with your teammates, focus fire even if not on the most appropriate target etc, then he accuses us of cheating.

#245 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:33 AM

View PostSandpit, on 23 August 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

Now what we SHOULD be doing is askign PGI for clarification on it instead of arguing amongst ourselves

Military grade irony.

#246 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:45 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 24 August 2014 - 12:52 AM, said:

I live it all the time. I totally understand. At no point though is being frustrated with an experience viable justification for cheating/exploiting/or otherwise being a twit. The moment you make that a legit excuse then you've hucked even vague reference of fairness out the window. If you're going to make rules... they're the RULES. If they're just general suggestions than they exist only to punish some people and reward others.

I get people wanting to play in spite of the nature of the challenge. People feel that way about stuff all the time. I like games but dont' want to pay for them - that doesn't make game piracy legit. I like good food but dropping $100 on a meal at my favorite restaurant is pretty expensive to do very often. That doesn't mean I dine and dash.

Cheating is cheating is cheating. You don't play gray with that or you don't have a game at all.

Besides, pug queue isn't that bad. It has its ups and downs, so does the group queue. If people don't want that they can play single player games. 7 Days To Die just did a massive update. KSP, Pixel Piracy, Space Engineers, there's a lot of options. Want more hardcore PvP with less rules? ARMA2 with the DayZ mod is still 10x better than DayZ standalone. I recommend Namalsk mod for DayZ. If someone named Mischief nukes you with a satchel charge hidden behind a supply crate, then loots your corpse and emotes 'checks both ways for witnesses before giving it a good molesting', that totally wasn't me :ph34r:

There is no such thing as justified exploiting. You can say it's a bad contest and bad balancing and whatever other complaints you have. None of them are an excuse to cheat/exploit though.

I'm not going to tell you I like sync dropping. It is what it is.

The reality is that you deal with the hand you are dealt, and play on. It is not the responsibility of the player to legislate these things... rather it is responsible for PGI for dealing with the issues, whether these are exploits, BUGS, and REALITIES of the game.

Mudhut, you're not a good player if you often blame the opfor for sync dropping. It's akin to say "nerf this weapon because it killed me". If that is your warcry, please continue complaining. Might as well just spam a warcry "we syncdropped WITH YOU mudhut so that we may troll you". That would be an appropriate response to that paranoia.

Edited by Deathlike, 24 August 2014 - 07:47 AM.

#247 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:12 AM

LOLZ, If its not an issue why all the ruckus from the usual suspects?

Oh they are saving us all from the distraction. :D

Gotta love it, Just like last year cept I was right all along then. :angry:

#248 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:18 AM

only one comment ...Mud play only Solo and Singlegames

https://www.youtube....e&v=PbcctWbC8Q0

#249 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:56 AM

View PostDaisu Saikoro, on 23 August 2014 - 11:55 PM, said:

You're right, Sandpit. I apologize.

Cutting away my statement, quoting a line out of context, and then making a comment (ggclose ?) while "SMH" isn't something to be referred to as something more likely of what a teenager would do.

I apologize and take back my statements. Your commentary is appropriate and correct for people having a conversation.

In the future I will refrain from making any comments to you and again, I just want to say I apologize.

Good luck with every and all your endeavors.

(as an aside, I still stand by the rest of the statements I've made. I don't necessary think that makes me right or wrong, as I've said previously... I just have a different way of playing games and living life.)

This all started simply because I felt calling sync dropping "cheating" is inaccurate. Not because I endorse or encourage sync dropping. Not because I feel sync dropping is "right", and not because I feel sync dropping is "wrong". The only thing I did was point out that it's not "cheating" because there's no rule against it.

C3 IS a built-in voip feature put into the game by PGI. Now whether or not you feel C3 is "good" is irrelevant. It IS in the game and it was put in there by the devs. It's not used because, in all honesty, it's not very intuitive and, much like several other things in MWO, it's just far more complicated than it needs to be.

I've stated I don't have feelings one way or the other regarding sync dropping. Anyone who is claiming sync dropping is ruining the game and is happening with any consistency and regularity really doesn't understand how it works. It's a very random process and given all of the limiting factors regarding MM in general, it's next to impossible to perform this action regularly and even then most times you wind up on opposite teams.
Does that mean it doesn't happen at all? Of course not.
But, that also means that it's a pretty rare occurrence to have a full group sync drop into the same game, on the same team, at the same time. So it's nowhere NEAR as rampant as some in this thread would like to make it sound like. Not to mention some of the people who were commenting on the whole issue have never even performed a sync drop, or even played in the group queue, so their commentary on it is based on ignorance of how it works in the first place.

Should PGI do something about it?
Again, in my opinion, no, it's not widespread enough to be a big issue. If it's ever determined to be against the rules, then people should get reported for it just like any other rule breaker. As it stands now though, it's not illegal so calling it cheating just isn't accurate.

#250 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 24 August 2014 - 12:18 AM, said:

So... C3 doesn't work in MW:O. There's a button to click on that does nothing. That's not a feature, it's a decoration.

I could say the same thing about things like
command console
TC (up until a month ago)
LP
LP Medallions
Various Piloting Skills

Just because it's not working as intended doesn't mean that PGI didn't put it into the game. It was never pursued much, not because people didn't want VOIP, but because TS was already heavily used by organized units and players, C3's interface sucked in general, and PGI made a poor decision on which VOIP service to integrate into their game.

I just wanted to point out that PGI did, in fact, put a voip option into the game which is why I felt calling the use of TS an exploit was just inaccurate.

#251 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:05 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 24 August 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

Right, us arguing with how you characterize something means we are engaging in a conspiracy.

See, this is just more proof that you are seeking to feel special by being the champion of the victims of MWO sync dropping. You can't see that some of us just think you are making a mountain out of a molehill.

BTW, still waiting on the link/page number where you posted the email PGI sent you that said to make a thread....

#252 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:06 AM

notice how you're the only one causing the conversation to get derailed in your own thread?

How would YOU "fix" it?

What are YOUR ideas on how to improve it.

I'm STILL waiting for you to offer anything even remotely constructive to your own conversation. You've done nothing but give your opinion on it, try to discredit the "usual suspects" and try to turn the conversation into an "us vs. them" as if you were some sort of "pug spokesperson"

#253 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:13 AM

A lot of assumptions from the assumption gang as always

#254 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

Let's talk about usual suspects. Please refer to Sandpits research project showing all the posts you made regarding this very issue. Sync drop... We're the only ones bothered to argue with you. You still haven't offered a solution, or explained if this is such an epidemic. Why 6 of my Merc mates in different weight classes drop at the same time, on the same game mode, and only 2 found each other on opposite sides. How many are needed Mud? 16? 24? 300? 9000?

I'm just starting to view you as a troll... The only argument you've made is that "it happens trust me". Mr. Oblaski plays through my head every time you post...

Edited by Saxie, 24 August 2014 - 09:17 AM.

#255 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:21 AM

View PostSandpit, on 24 August 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

notice how you're the only one causing the conversation to get derailed in your own thread?

How would YOU "fix" it?

What are YOUR ideas on how to improve it.

I'm STILL waiting for you to offer anything even remotely constructive to your own conversation. You've done nothing but give your opinion on it, try to discredit the "usual suspects" and try to turn the conversation into an "us vs. them" as if you were some sort of "pug spokesperson"

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 24 August 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

a lot of "i'm not going to offer anything constructive or give ideas on how to improve what I perceive as a problem with the game" from the usual troll.

I'll ask, again for the 5th or so time) What are YOUR ideas on how to improve it?

#256 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

I already said my piece so sorry you either cant read or understand. I get it, Its the same names as last year cept you were all wrong or worse bad liars covering exploiting others. I don't really care.

I made my post and point at the behest of support. Got nothing to hide or run away from.

#257 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:45 AM

View PostSandpit, on 24 August 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

I'll ask, again for the 5th or so time) What are YOUR ideas on how to improve it?

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 24 August 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

I already said my piece so sorry you either cant read or understand. I get it, Its the same names as last year cept you were all wrong or worse bad liars covering exploiting others. I don't really care.

I made my post and point at the behest of support. Got nothing to hide or run away from.

Again
What are YOUR ideas to improve something you have a problem with in the game?

#258 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:14 AM

Already posted what you ask for. Try reading the thread maybe.

#259 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:20 AM

View PostSandpit, on 24 August 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

Again
What are YOUR ideas to improve something you have a problem with in the game?

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 24 August 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

Already posted what you ask for. Try reading the thread maybe.

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

Since solo que opened synch dropping has been getting worse daily. This Tournament weekend is the worst and its no secret anymore. I see it being discussed in chat openly including stompteams inviting others to join them in chat.

There is a group que for those who want to be on comms so what gives?

Its not to be with friends because there is an outlet for that so its only for exploiting the system for gain.
Its relatively easy to track players doing this practice so change the loose rules from two years ago and ban the practice then ban the players doing it. We know you can.

I'm failing to see any ideas in there

What are YOUR idea to improve it?

#260 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:42 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 24 August 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

And still no link to the email you said you posted in this thread....

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 24 August 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

Or in other words, you aren't here to educate people or work to actually end the process, you just thought that you could whine and cry and stir up some sympathy?

Seriously, I haven't see anything from you on how to fix this other than maybe some comments about banning people?

Ok let's run with that.

How do they tell if it's on purpose or by accident? Hire people to examine the chat logs? Oh wait, they would be on TS. Hmm....a pattern of launching at the same time? Maybe, but how many times in a row is sufficient to ban someone? How closely do they have to be to be "sync dropping"? I often see the same people in matches again and again in the solo queue, but that's because when the match ends, I hit launch, probably just like they did. If we have the same Elo, the MM might just match us up again. Does that mean we are synch dropping? Should we get banned?

What about an appeal process? Wouldn't they need more CS staff? Warnings? Probably need a new DB guy to make sure it works smoothly.

So I guess they would need to boost sales, which means a real incentive to ease toward P2W. Or more Gold Mechs type stuff which leads to morons pushing bad publicity which impacts new player growth/retention, which you claim is part of your motivation.

So tell us...what's your solution to those issues?

39 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 39 guests, 0 anonymous users