946 replies to this topic

#861 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:48 PM

View PostSandpit, on 03 September 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

for everyone over the last few pages that's been actually having a discussion?

This is exactly what I've been talking about. You have no basis to attack, rebuke, or otherwise try to pain an unflattering picture of groups that do that. If you don't like the practice, bug PGI about clarifying their rule on this, but don't attack other players about it.

;)

This made me laugh. The guy was commenting on the topic, he didnt quote anyone or mention anyone and you quote him and troll his comment and turn around and say he is attacking other players. HAHAHAHA :lol:

Actually it was more a chuckle and a head shake but the above seemed more dramatic and i wanted to fit in. :)

Also I wanted to say grats for having one of the straight out funniest posts where you equate players in solo queues that dont want to fight groups that have dropped onto both teams to vegetarians. Thats worth a chuckle for sure.

Edited by Johnny Z, 03 September 2014 - 03:53 PM.

#862 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:08 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 03 September 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

This made me laugh. The guy was commenting on the topic, he didnt quote anyone or mention anyone and you quote him and troll his comment and turn around and say he is attacking other players. HAHAHAHA :lol:

Actually it was more a chuckle and a head shake but the above seemed more dramatic and i wanted to fit in. :)

Also I wanted to say grats for having one of the straight out funniest posts where you equate players in solo queues that dont want to fight groups that have dropped onto both teams to vegetarians. Thats worth a chuckle for sure.

uh huh...

#863 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:08 PM

Wow, how did this thread reach 44 pages? When I read the OP and saw that so many people were commenting, I just suspected that the thread had spiralled into something more useful, since no one actually synch drops anymore.

But then I find out people were actively synch dropping! In a game with a group queue! That's hilarious. It's like discovering that one of your friends is cheating in a friendly game of Monopoly. I don't even know how to respond :)

PS: Eating meat is bad and you should all feel bad.

#864 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:29 PM

i have sync drops all the time, ALL THE TIME, o no wait that's my Internet,...
um,.... bouncing away when too close to an ally?,.... does that count as Sync drop?,....

#865 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:32 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 03 September 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

Wow, how did this thread reach 44 pages? When I read the OP and saw that so many people were commenting, I just suspected that the thread had spiralled into something more useful, since no one actually synch drops anymore.

But then I find out people were actively synch dropping! In a game with a group queue! That's hilarious. It's like discovering that one of your friends is cheating in a friendly game of Monopoly. I don't even know how to respond :)

PS: Eating meat is bad and you should all feel bad.

uh huh....
PGi has stated it's not cheating. that's the end of that unless they change their ruling on it.

#866 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:57 PM

View PostSandpit, on 03 September 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

uh huh....
PGi has stated it's not cheating. that's the end of that unless they change their ruling on it.

The part about cheating isn't really relevant at all to the point I was making. The relevant part is that it's hilarious that adults would do something like that, whether it's cheating or not. I get that people would do it as a joke, to troll others. I see the humour in that, even though I wouldn't really find it amusing. But this?

I literally dont have words to express my amazement.

#867 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:13 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 03 September 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

The part about cheating isn't really relevant at all to the point I was making. The relevant part is that it's hilarious that adults would do something like that, whether it's cheating or not. I get that people would do it as a joke, to troll others. I see the humour in that, even though I wouldn't really find it amusing. But this?

I literally dont have words to express my amazement.

It's no different than min/maxing. You have meta issues because a portion of the population doesn't want to run anything but min/max builds that are cheese builds. It's the exact same principle. It's not breaking any rules but it exploits FFD/PPD high damage alphas that PGi has tried (and failed) to mitigate for 2 years now.

What's the difference?

#868 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:16 PM

View PostSandpit, on 03 September 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

It's no different than min/maxing. You have meta issues because a portion of the population doesn't want to run anything but min/max builds that are cheese builds. It's the exact same principle. It's not breaking any rules but it exploits FFD/PPD high damage alphas that PGi has tried (and failed) to mitigate for 2 years now.

What's the difference?

You are being silly now.

#869 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:19 PM

View PostRoland, on 03 September 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

You are being silly now.

No, it's the same principle. It's just "silly" because it's more acceptable. Neither one are illegal. Neither one is what PGI intended and is a consequence of the MM/Customization features. Both create issues for players. Both cause PGI to come up with ways to bypass the issues they create.

What's the difference?

You've been here just as long as I have. How many "ACs are op and "ruining" the game" or "Poptarters are "ruining" the game" etc. threads have you seen?

#870 Quick n Fast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationKahnawake

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:20 PM

so... wats the solution here..?

have PGI not let ppl in ur unit/clan end up on the same team &/or game as you..?
it could b done now that unit creation is out..

but how would they go about stoping ppl who airnt in a unit/clan who try to do it?
would they have to use ur friends list? which would mean you would never be in a game wit any of ur friends again or something like that??

how would you go about stop such actions?

imo wat ur askin PGI to do is much harder then you think it is..

Edited by Kahnawake MechMaster Prime, 03 September 2014 - 05:22 PM.

#871 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:30 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 03 September 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

That's the thing. It's not illegal but I'd have no respect for anyone who did it and would never associate with them.

#872 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:30 PM

View PostSandpit, on 03 September 2014 - 05:19 PM, said:

No, it's the same principle. It's just "silly" because it's more acceptable. Neither one are illegal. Neither one is what PGI intended and is a consequence of the MM/Customization features. Both create issues for players. Both cause PGI to come up with ways to bypass the issues they create.

What's the difference?

You've been here just as long as I have. How many "ACs are op and "ruining" the game" or "Poptarters are "ruining" the game" etc. threads have you seen?

Nah man, you're being silly... Sync dropping isn't the same as taking a well constructed mech.

#873 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:38 PM

View PostRoland, on 03 September 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

Nah man, you're being silly... Sync dropping isn't the same as taking a well constructed mech.

Sync-dropping is more like cutting in line, which totally defeats the purpose of having a line. In most places there aren't any specific rules against it but it's contemptible and frowned upon by decent folk. Sync-dropping defeats the purpose of having separate queues so it's no different from cutting in line.

#874 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:43 PM

Neckbeardism now resumed in full force. Farming nubs in group q is totally acceptable, and metabuilds in solo against nubs are just well constructed mechs. If everyone puts in a good effort, we can get this sucker up to 50 pages.

#875 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:55 PM

View PostRoland, on 03 September 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

no?
if gives you an advantage over new players that haven't earned enough to completely optimize their mechs yet right?

It's not the same thing but it's the same principle. Just because you don't "like" something doesn't make it "cheating".

#876 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:55 PM

View PostSandpit, on 03 September 2014 - 05:55 PM, said:

no?
if gives you an advantage over new players that haven't earned enough to completely optimize their mechs yet right?

It's not the same thing but it's the same principle. Just because you don't "like" something doesn't make it "cheating".

Nah man, you're being silly.

#877 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:58 PM

View PostRoland, on 03 September 2014 - 05:55 PM, said:

Nah man, you're being silly.

okie dokie smokie

fact: sync dropping is not illegal
opinion: sync dropping is bad

it doesn't matter how you spin it, that's the fact of the matter. period

#878 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:02 PM

View PostSandpit, on 03 September 2014 - 05:58 PM, said:

okie dokie smokie

Fact: there is no special queue for bad mechs

#879 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:07 PM

I thought the solo q was for bad mechs.

#880 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:22 PM

View PostSandpit, on 03 September 2014 - 05:58 PM, said:

okie dokie smokie

Actually, sync-dropping is more like cutting in line, which totally defeats the purpose of having a line. In most places there aren't any specific rules against it but it's contemptible and frowned upon by decent folk. Sync-dropping defeats the purpose of having separate queues so it's no different from cutting in line (also known as jumping the queue).

Edited by Triordinant, 03 September 2014 - 06:23 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users