111 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

Hey wait, it's Ask The Devs 8! Ask your questions regarding Mechwarrior Online, and we'll take the best question(s), and answer it. So here we go again, ask away!

#2 THELONGSHANKS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 101 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:40 AM

What are the next 6 mechs we will see screen shots of, in order?

#3 Gendou

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

When we will see more dev diaries?
Or when will we see updates / supplements to the current dev diaries?

#4 TimberJon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

A. Has there been any talk about how far MWO is going to go as far as the BT calendar? To the end? Wherever it goes? Is there a stopping point? Not planned yet / cannot comment?

B. Because of the Reboot, will NEW 'Mech designs be produced for MWO as it moves forward?

C. Will you consider the concept of introducing new-found memory cores into the game, which would allow for 'Mechs that were not in past BT history to be added to the game, therefore enriching our experience with MWO? (And supporting B.)

D. Do you plan on releasing a basic kind of hardware scanner to determine which primary components are above or below the "Recommended" level of system specs that you posted recently?

E. Where are the MWO T-Shirts? and MWO Founder's T-Shirts?

F. Are miniatures reflecting the new art forthcoming?

G. Can we have some footage of the different vision modes available to Assault/Defender skill trees?

Edited by TimberJon, 22 June 2012 - 10:36 AM.

#5 Atayu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 815 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:44 AM

How many maps are estimated for release? I know you will not have a hard number but a good educated guess would be nice.

#6 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:44 AM

Q1 - Will you add mechs that have only one or two variants someday? Some mechs have only one variant with fully viable tech while it's other variants are all filled with primitive tech or tech far beyond 3049.
Is there any hope for these mechs?

Q2 - In many of the previous MW games urban areas had rather large distances between each building and the total number of buildings was rather low with large open areas surrounding the urban area.
Those types of urban maps don't look realistic compared to how big cities are in real life.

I guess the real question here is- Could you give us an idea of what to expect from an urban map in MW:O?

Map sketches or maybe even a gameplay video on an urban map. Something along those lines would be great.
The MW 5 video looks very much like a real city for example but that is MW 5 not MW:O.

Edited by Spleenslitta, 22 June 2012 - 09:45 AM.

#7 WardenWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:46 AM

What sort of hardware / specs are your production servers going to be? I'm a hardware geek, and have always been curious about the sorts of specs needed for hosting this type of game ;)

also

It has been stated that you want to have varied weather and other conditions on maps - how is that progressing? Can we expect that at launch, or added later as an update?

#8 8Ball-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 292 posts
  • LocationIndiana, US

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:49 AM

Any thought of having TrackIR support? Even if it's just for head movement inside the cockpit.

#9 Vulpesveritas

• 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:00 AM

1. Will open CL support be implemented to improve physics tasks in the game engine?

2. is Stereoscopic 3D support in?

3. Would you prefer a Timer Wolf, Bushwacker, or Atlas shaped cake?

4. Will the game have CUDA GPGPU support?

5. Is the programming implemented to improve performance scaling beyond quad cores to hexa / octo threaded CPUs?

6. How is water being implemented physics wise?

7. How heavily tesselated are the 'mechs in DX11? (if DX 11 is currently implemented)

8. Is DX11 currently implemented?

9. How many Atlases does it take to change a lightbulb?

10. If you could have either free, would you rather have a Ferrari or a Chevy Volt?

#10 Bodach

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 35 posts
  • LocationCentral Time Zone, USA

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

My apologies if this has been answered some where else, but will there be a wipe between open beta and live? Also, if we have to repair mechs what happens if you fail to complete your mission: does it mean you don't get paid and your out of pocket on repairs?

#11 VK4502B

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:11 AM

Will there be a quad mech?

Are you gonna show us some new gameplay footage, if so when? Preferably longer than 2 minutes. (The IGN footage is to short after watching it 20 times)

Edited by VK4502B, 22 June 2012 - 10:12 AM.

#12 Torcip

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

Will MW:O support the native 3d options in CryEngine 3?

Will all the bells and whistles like Tessellation, the new water improvements, Parallax Occlusion Mapping, RLR, all the cool stuff that was added to Crysis 2 recently and will be in Crysis 3?

Edited by Torcip, 22 June 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#13 Grits N Gravy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

Will it be possible to create custom skins for mechs?
Will there be an in game camera function to record battles?

#14 Fresh Meat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 779 posts
  • LocationMannequin Republic

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:18 AM

(1)There are allot of "Founders" with incorrect beta profiles that will hurt their chances. How will Beta2 participants be selected, is it still an algorithmic selection process?

#15 Sharkath

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

Is there anything in the works for out of game features. I was just thinking how cool it would be to tie in an Ipad, ipod/iphone, or web based app that could...

Show your mechs in your bay, allow you to buy new mechs while away from the computer, show your mech pilot statistics, allow you to customize your mechs, etc.

I envision: Turning on my ipad, clicking the Mech Warrior Online App... My Mech Bay appears (like how it shows in the video), I can see my C-bills, experience, mechs etc., I can then buy a new mech, customize then ones I already have, etc. Also a feature that may give me an overview of how I'm doing with my career, pilot, etc. (Experience, wins, play time, accuracy, favorite mech, weapon, class, most deadly (accuracy and/or damage) weapon and mech.

#16 alpha assault

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 153 posts
  • LocationUK Leeds Mechlab

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

A ) Will we get computer voices for warnings such as heat and weapon destroyed and the iconic start up voice we all know and love that featured in your First trailer?

B ) Will there be day and night cycle or selectable time of day for maps?

Edited by alpha assault, 22 June 2012 - 11:26 AM.

#17 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:36 AM

Q1- How will pulse lasers be handled in MW:O? Rapid fire or constant/persistent beam or something else?

Q2- Some would consider the weight balance of the LRM's to be broken.
For example: It's better to take 2xLRM 5's than a single LRM 10 since you save 1 ton of weight this way.
The heat and damage potential produced by the dual LRM 5's is the same as the LRM 10.
Will you consider rebalancing this?

Edited by Spleenslitta, 22 June 2012 - 10:40 AM.

#18 SideSt3p

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 484 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

Have you ever had an authentic Frito Pie?

#19 syngyne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

Will any camera bob be added to the game? It's a little weird watching the videos and seeing the cockpit moving quite a bit, and the camera and HUD not moving at all. Would it be possible to tone down the cockpit model movement and add a little camera movement, a la the reboot trailer?

#20 raptorian

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

From previous info released, International players can get a Founders pack, and if/when servers open up closer to them they can transfer to them, but it is a one-time transfer apparently.

With this in mind, can you clarify how international friends/ lancemates will be able to play with each other? Are we going to be forced to make multiple accounts tied to various regions, or can we join any region we fancy and play together with people dotted around the globe?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users