111 replies to this topic

#21 vettie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

Realizing it is still early in the process, but the requirements (so far) call for 4gig HDD space.

Question - (roughly) how big will the actual download size be?
Question - Torrent or executable file?
Question - Going forward (after release) how will updates be handled? Say, when you log in (some sort of version checker looks at your version), you are notified and taken to the download area?

#22 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts
  • LocationReady to make war on Romano Liao for the true chancellor, Candace Allard-Liao

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

St Ives?

#23 Urulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 122 posts
  • LocationSeville, Spain

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

hi!

Just a quick Question:

We have only seen images of 5 mechs in-game of the currently 13 announced ones, how goes the process to get the rest of them in? Still at modelling, rendering or balancing?

Thanks for your great effort!

#24 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

View PostTimberJon, on 22 June 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

C. Will you consider the concept of introducing new-found memory cores into the game, which would allow for 'Mechs that were not in past BT history to be added to the game, therefore enriching our experience with MWO? (And supporting B.)

G. Can we have some footage of the different vision modes available to Assault/Defender skill trees?

These are good questions. I would really like to see the Thermal, Night and Magnetometer vision modes in action.
Or at least a more in depth explanation of how they work and their limitations if they aren't ready to be shown in a gameplay video yet.

#25 TyGeR STD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 245 posts
  • LocationGa

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

A lot of people compaire this game to World of Tanks, is that an accurate comparison? Will the style of gaming be like what we see in WoT?

How will grouping with your friends work? Will we be limited to only grouping with 1 or 2 other players to join an open battle? Or if myself an 6 other friends all play the game can we group together an all join the same game? World of tanks limits members to only grouping with one other player for free accout, or 2 other players with a Paied accout to join open games, this limits the amout of friends we can all get into one game wich is the main reason myself an my friends to not play it.

#26 MilitantMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

Where's the swag? I need a new DCMS coffee mug!

#27 killer panzer

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

with multi monitors, will we be able to use one as a HUD, and another to see telemetry, such as battlemech damage, enemy mech info, radar, weapon status, lance status, game mode specific info, ect?

#28 Rashhaverak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationMajestic Waterfowl Sanctuary

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

I know that this might be something we can't ask for since it kind of goes against the concept of the NDA the players have to sign, but can't we get a full length feature video of a game being played. You know, something better than two minutes? I'm starting to get overly depressed about having to watch the same two minutes over and over.

And how about a view of gameplay for a different map than just the one countryside. I would love to see a city environment.

Speaking of city environment, will there be any maps where the streets are large and small, such that the larger mechs can't fit into the same ally ways that a scout mech can fit into. I can just picture a game where the scout can scoot around the smaller streets where the larger mechs can't go.

#29 Derek Icelord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 542 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

Regarding Clan 'Mechs, can we get Paul to dope-slap all the people asking "i can haz madcat?" or "their needs to be vulture mech?" Pretty please? With sugar and a cherry on top?

#30 Rashhaverak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationMajestic Waterfowl Sanctuary

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:40 PM

Q1: Will there be a retreat or surrender option, or is each match a dedicated fight to the death?

If the scout is the only one left on your team, is the scout doomed to have the other team fry the mech, or can you high tail it out of there?

Q2: What are the concequences (if any) for game dropping. I could see that someone losing a fight might drop in order to try and stop from having to pay for the mech repairs. That would stink. Still, it would equally stink if an electrical storm cut my power (like it did about ten minutes ago) and I had to pay my hard won Cbills for it.

#31 Derek Icelord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 542 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

View PostRashhaverak, on 22 June 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

Q2: What are the concequences (if any) for game dropping. I could see that someone losing a fight might drop in order to try and stop from having to pay for the mech repairs. That would stink. Still, it would equally stink if an electrical storm cut my power (like it did about ten minutes ago) and I had to pay my hard won Cbills for it.

Building on this, what will happen to the rest of the team if a player drops? From what has been revealed, it seems like every 'Mech is important. Unlike other, less sophisticated titles, being a lancemate down would be a significant disadvantage. Will there be a system in place to help a team if one of their players drops, or are they just SOL?

#32 ExAstris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

How will upgrading a mech with single heat sinks to double heat sinks be handled?

Will there just be expensive engines that give you the 10 free double heat sinks without any other loadout restrictions, or will all mech engines be single heat sinks and double heat sinks only be an optional equipment addition that can be used in conjunction with engines that have single heat sinks, or will MWO have an entirely new way to handle them?

#33 Paincake

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

As you are well aware, in Team Fortress 2 artists are able to put their own, custom made items into the in-game item shop, and then get a share of profits made from selling those items. Do you consider cooperating with skilled individuals from MWO community in that regard, by allowing them to sell their models and skins?

#34 Boardumb

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

Is the recommended specs for PC a i3 processor or an i5? i3-2500 doesn't exist

#35 Amerante

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 93 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

Q: What will be the effects of overheating?
(slowing, ammo explosion, aiming)
(as severe as the TT heatrules, or just like in MW4)

Q: Any info about matchmaking system?
(composition of each side, premade teams vs random/other premade)

Q: Will there be a starter mech? (for those who aren't familiar with the title, just hop in and start playing without facing the problem of decision making about something they know nothing about.)
From Later post(I don't want to litter this thread with posts):

View PostWardenWolf, on 22 June 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

This has been answered. Just like folks who went for the Elite founders pack, new players will get to choose from a Jenner, Hunchback, Catapult, or Atlas when they start the game. They should choose based on their desired role (scout, close-in brawler, long-range support, or combat backbone).

Partially answers, yes. And means no. The problem of decision making is still there for the new player who is not familiar with the universe- for example he choses atlas on bigger=better basis, and then start losing money on repair (no founder, no premium), eventually reaching zero.May that happen?
But thanks for the answer!

Q: Will there be any C-bill gain difference between classes? (for example i chosen the Atlas, but i may be really bad with it and still make losses on repair instead of gaining money, while with a jenner i could always make money no matter how bad i am )

Edited by Amerante, 23 June 2012 - 02:22 AM.

#36 BanditRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 336 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

Is the game supporting DirectX11 or not? The recommended settings list Directx9 yet the FAQ says Directx11.

Echoing others, where's the MWO t-shirts? The mousepads? The collector's plates? The bumper stickers? The flamethrowers?

No really, shirts are a great way to get advertisement for a product, turns people into walking billboards and people pay YOU to wear them!

How does the sales of the founder's package make you feel? Does it ease worries about the future success of the title? What do these sales say about the future of the game?

When can you tell us about how the player starts the game? When is that dev blog post going down?

#37 Colt Ward

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

Can we upgrade from Elite to Legendary sometime before it all goes online if we wish? Will it work that way?

#38 BanditRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 336 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

View PostColt Ward, on 22 June 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

Can we upgrade from Elite to Legendary sometime before it all goes online if we wish? Will it work that way?

Yes. If you go back to the founder's page the legendary pack turns into a 60 dollar price tag rather than a 120 and it says "upgrade."

#39 Biplane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 182 posts
  • LocationEllisburg, NY

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

Will all separately purchasable 'Mech variants be visually distinct from the prime versions (like, say, a Liao RVN-3L vs a Davion RVN-2X), or just those that have dramatically different loadouts (i.e. the Catapult vs. Katapult)? In other words, if I can buy a variant, will it look different?

#40 PirateNixon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

Are all mechs going to have the same number of variants? If not, how will this balance out with the Elite skills described as requiring all preceding skills for every variant before they can be selected?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users