• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:13 PM

View PostNemesiz416, on 08 September 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

Not sure if good news

....Or GREAT news. I think i'm glass half full, right now.

#222 LCCX

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:19 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 08 September 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors,

Please leave us your thoughts, comments, concerns or questions regarding Russ' latest Command Chair Update:

That is really interesting. Thanks for informing us. Could you tell the community/me what hosting you went with (e.g. literal on-premises, AWS, Google Compute)? Would you say that your current hosting for MW:O feels like "exactly what the DevOps wanted" vs. "could be better"?

#223 Viges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:28 PM

Most optimistic thread ever? :)

#224 Punnisher

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:55 PM

so I take it that this means that if I call with what I consider a major problem, you guys won't tell me to call someone else now?

#225 Kell Commander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 537 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:59 PM

There were already 12 pages by the time I got here so I apologize if this has already been brought up.

What are the chances this will allow a re-evaluation of the MC to USD/Euro ratio?

This is something I have been bringing up for over a year now as I feel no single mech should cost more than $30 and that prices for colors are just god awful.

#226 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:00 PM

Congratulations on your newfound independence. Time will tell how things change, but at the very least this will allow for a fresh start and grant you an opportunity to work without your creativity and appreciation of the franchise being shackled by a separate party. Best of luck to the team! Ganbatte!

#227 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:07 PM

Break it down for us..

What does this mean for product development. Obviously I will assume that we will see more funds directed to the IP and not other games?

How does this change streamline the production line in regards to manpower and delivery of content?

Are there any implications for the existing product schedules?

What is the most exciting thing we can expect from PGI as a result of this change?

Will there be any changes to pricing models?

Can we get a dedicated node in singapore/shanghai now?

Will the Urbie finally be released?

Are there any significant development decisions influenced by IGP that will be reversed or reviewed?

WB.

p.s Hearing rumours that my founders money was siphoned off by IGP for other games makes me really p*Ssed. If it is the case, what is the actual legality of this move - we were paying for MWO after all. This makes me want to get my money back off IGP for my founders purchase. I did not pay for another game. #rippedoff

Edited by White Bear 84, 08 September 2014 - 06:08 PM.

#228 L A guns

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:15 PM

[color=#FFFFFF]

[/color]

your money is going where?

[color=#FFFFFF]

CONGRATULATIONS!
[/color]
[color=#FFFFFF]

Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Bryan Ekman, Creative Director and Co-Founder of Piranha Games. 14 years ago I founded Piranha Games with my business partner Russ Bullock to build exciting and engaging games that we love to play. Piranha is best known for our latest endeavor — MechWarrior Online, an online free-to-play giant robot combat game. MechWarrior Online's incredibly successful Founder's Program proved that we can work directly with our backers to help build a game for the community.

On Sep 9th, 2014 at 12:00PM PDT we invite you to join us for the reveal of our next project. It's a big one, it's going to be the largest production ever undertaken here at Piranha, and we want YOU to be part of it.

It's epic, it's online, it's sci-fi.

Just below you will find a registration form. Filling out this form will register you for our new game and grant you an exclusive in-game item when the finished product goes live. By registering now, you can also name your Pilot – yes that's right, pilot. Ok, no more spoilers…

I look forward to the future, and our journey to the stars.

Sincerely,

Bryan Ekman

Creative Director/Co-Founder
Piranha Games

@bryanekman / #AUniverseToExplore

[/color]
[color=#FFFFFF]

[/color]

#229 Mobius245

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:47 PM

IGP? or PGI?

Posted Image

#230 Xenois Shalashaska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 343 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:58 PM

As a backer from the initial closed beta days. I will support PGI more than ever now. If you guys need a honest financial help to bring this game back to former plans for Repair & re-arms, Knockdowns, drop ships, extra cool stuff. I will be happy to support them in donation. I think the community should consider revitilizing PGI. Money maybe the only way now & only if they give us a forecast for the future plans. (applying to mechwarrior only).

Edited by Xenois Shalashaska, 08 September 2014 - 07:11 PM.

#231 Mazgazine1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:28 PM

As others may have already mentioned -

I would really like to know what effect on development of MWO this will have?

If challenges were just the start, does this mean more elaborate things will happen in the future? Will there be a chance for changing the price of MC or sales of it?

#232 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:33 PM

So PGI has the ball and it's time to see what they can do. Win or fail it's all on you guys.

#233 Mista Whizzard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:55 PM

View PostXenois Shalashaska, on 08 September 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

As a backer from the initial closed beta days. I will support PGI more than ever now. If you guys need a honest financial help to bring this game back to former plans for Repair & re-arms, Knockdowns, drop ships, extra cool stuff. I will be happy to support them in donation. I think the community should consider revitilizing PGI. Money maybe the only way now & only if they give us a forecast for the future plans. (applying to mechwarrior only).

100% Support this statement.

Having listened to the town hall for the last few hours, today is a gooood day. :D

#234 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:55 PM

Due props on having the faith in MW:O to go all in. I've really enjoyed the overall direction MW:O has been going in of late and it's heartening to see that it's based on PGIs deepening investment in the game. All good stuff.

In the words of the famous American ADAA sportsman, philosopher and poet Patches O'Houlihan:

"If you want victory you have to grab it by its haunches and you've got to hump it into submission!"

You've got MW:O by the haunches now folks. We are (awkwardly) waiting to see what you do with it.

Edited by MischiefSC, 08 September 2014 - 07:55 PM.

#235 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:56 PM

Does this mean Paul's off his leash...?

*runs

#236 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:57 PM

Very good to hear. Going back to your days of just being a group of Battletech enthusiasts making a game that you would want to play will go a long way to reassure your core players that you will deliver what your promise. Also, with the way that IGP ran Mechwarrior Tactics into the ground and the way they treated some of the MWT customers, it is a good PR move to distance yourselves from them.

I may even sign up for your new game!

Edited by Ed Steele, 08 September 2014 - 07:58 PM.

#237 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:57 PM

Beta excuse = dead
Publisher excuse = dead
Toxic community excuse = dying

Performance Bar = raised

#238 thunderswamp

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:59 PM

since you guys are in sole possession , hopefully things will go a bit smoother.... good luck on the new venture

#239 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:23 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 08 September 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

I hope to discuss this more at the town hall but no none of the Clan money went towards buying out IGP. That money was spent in development of the product. I can't comment on the exact nature of our deal but let's just say it is not a drain on Piranha's resources. Were happy with the deal and happy to have all of MWO inside our office.

First of all: Congratulations. That's some news i want to hear. That's communication what i want to see. Short and the truth.

With cutting off the publisher you have made a good decision here. That's one step in regaining my trust again.

The only thing i am wondering: how heavy was the pressure-cooker from the Publisher? And did they set unrealistic goals? More importantly: do you expect to improve your development cycle?

You only have to say yes or no.

Edited by Sarlic, 08 September 2014 - 08:30 PM.

#240 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:39 PM

View PostDavoke, on 08 September 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:

Finally stuff might get done. Hallelujah.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users