On Piranha Games (Pgi) & Édition Jeux Infinis (Igp) - Feedback

370 replies to this topic

#181 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:18 PM

Does this mean PGI can (read: if it were ever deemed feasible and financially sound business move) make a single player Mechwarrior game if it so desired?

#182 Stile3081

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMelbourne Australia

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:22 PM

No passing the Buck now that you'r in total control.

No more IGP this or that, just you guys.

Please do this game the Justice it deserves, Good Management and nothing to do with Luck.

#183 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:23 PM

This is really the best situation for PGI, Congrats!

B)

#184 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:24 PM

I am liking the new contests and the move towards CW. Please keep up the forward momentum.

#185 Asmudius Heng

• Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

I am cautiously optimistic.

IT was pretty apparent that the marketing of MWO and timelines based around that, as well as some monetisation strategy was pushed by IGP.

In one of the NGNG podcast I almost felt sorry for Paul (almost) as he struggled not to badmouth IGP about the horrifically disappointing release of the clans which I believe was not a PGI call.

If IGP were pushing a short term agenda and this is going to be replaced with more long term thinking from PGI then I am happy as a pig in you know what.

As others have stated though - there can be no more excuses. It is now squarely on PGI shoulders to do right by their customers and the IP.

The optimist in me says this is PGIs chance of redemption with the community (which will still tae a long time)
The cynic says that very little will change and this is more spin that actual working efficiency

PGI you are now masters of your own destiny with MWO. You have some of the most passionate and engaged customers who love the IP you have with an almost obsession. You also have half of that community lost - or nearly lost to your game.

I guarantee you that if you start engaging with us more and start doing right by us and the IP you will see long term benefits that will sustain this game and bring in a new generation of MechWarrior fans due to your current community being your supporters.

This is the chance at a new start as I am certain you realise.The community awaits with knives and pitchforks ready in on hand, and laurels and praise in the other - it is up to YOU which one will be wielded.

#186 Stile3081

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMelbourne Australia

View PostKain Thul, on 08 September 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

Does this mean the servers might be moved from Montreal to Vancouver?

As someone who lives on the West Coast that would be a welcome change. My ping is ALWAYS, ALWAYS in the 90s in this game.

90 my goodness, try 450 + since the move to the new server, Swap ya

#187 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:25 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 08 September 2014 - 01:41 PM, said:

stuff has been getting done all year? people are acting as if 2014 never really happened.

This.

While not everything that's changed this year has been positive (seriously, why do AC2's keep getting nerfed?!) overall, it's been a very good year for MWO. The last 6 months in particular have seen a greatly accelerated development pace and much real progress as opposed to promises that don't pay out (see: 2012, 2013).

#188 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis Mo. USA

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:26 PM

So now PGI has complete power to screw Mechwarrior up even more? Damn I need a drink.. wait.. I don't drink..

(throws mouse out the window)

(damn I loved that mouse be right back)

This sounds like IPG cut their losses and said screw it.. they ain't going down with PGI and made a profit hauling ass.. hype it up all you like.

Edited by mongo2006, 08 September 2014 - 03:30 PM.

#189 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:27 PM

View PostStile3081, on 08 September 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

90 my goodness, try 450 + since the move to the new server, Swap ya

From everything I have read, it is an ISP issue. I know PGI is working on that, but it is something the ISP (AU and some southern US states like Texas) need to fix on their side.

#190 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:30 PM

View PostAsmudius Heng, on 08 September 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

I am cautiously optimistic.

IT was pretty apparent that the marketing of MWO and timelines based around that, as well as some monetisation strategy was pushed by IGP.

In one of the NGNG podcast I almost felt sorry for Paul (almost) as he struggled not to badmouth IGP about the horrifically disappointing release of the clans which I believe was not a PGI call.

If IGP were pushing a short term agenda and this is going to be replaced with more long term thinking from PGI then I am happy as a pig in you know what.

As others have stated though - there can be no more excuses. It is now squarely on PGI shoulders to do right by their customers and the IP.

The optimist in me says this is PGIs chance of redemption with the community (which will still tae a long time)
The cynic says that very little will change and this is more spin that actual working efficiency

PGI you are now masters of your own destiny with MWO. You have some of the most passionate and engaged customers who love the IP you have with an almost obsession. You also have half of that community lost - or nearly lost to your game.

I guarantee you that if you start engaging with us more and start doing right by us and the IP you will see long term benefits that will sustain this game and bring in a new generation of MechWarrior fans due to your current community being your supporters.

This is the chance at a new start as I am certain you realise.The community awaits with knives and pitchforks ready in on hand, and laurels and praise in the other - it is up to YOU which one will be wielded.

can someone fill me in with what happened with the clan release?

did IGP not properly give PGI the tools to market the clan invasion?

#191 Domoneky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

I'm gonna need a glass of whiskey, A Gun, and two Bullets.

#192 AUSSIETROOPER4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Awesome news.

This could mean IGP had given up on MWO as almost dead?

Does it mean that the promise of more MAPS will come true. I remember comments to the effect of all resources are focussed on maps and CW. Then we promptly got the Battlemaster and Vindicator and no new maps and a half complete CW.

IGP seem to have left at a time when you are trying to give back to the community and there are no longer any huge events on the horizon. i.e. no more money spinners like the clan release.

Seriously though. PGI I do hope that this allows you to take the game where you want it to go.
It sounds like IGP made a pretty penny out of it and now you have to make your money.

P.S. If harmony gold do come to the party I think you will be swimming in cash.

P.S.2. Perhaps now single player or coop campaigns and vehicles and infantry etc?

P.S.3. If it was such a good relationship why did they leave? Things were good right?

Edited by AUSSIETROOPER4, 08 September 2014 - 03:37 PM.

#193 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:33 PM

View PostHeffay, on 08 September 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

Because 10v12 is a horrible idea, for all the reasons that they listed when they said it was a horrible idea.

This. While you may not personally agree, there were lots of reasons not to go 10v12 (as well as reasons to do it). It was certainly not cut and dried, and I for one am happy to see them devote that development time (and there would have been a lot) to bigger and better (CWp2) things.

Maybe 10v12 would have worked out, but this is really a "coin toss" thing. I get some really loved the idea, but it was complex and a bit of a minefield of things that can go wrong, too.

Regardless, 12v12 and IS and Clan mechs being equal was the design goal from the very earliest design outlines. This should be no surprise to anyone.

#194 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:33 PM

View PostStile3081, on 08 September 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

No passing the Buck now that you'r in total control.

Can I just take a moment to remind everyone that PGI never passed any bucks? They attributed the slowdowns to quite a few things, but IGP's issues were mostly (and justifiably) suspected by the community itself, not by PGI.

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 08 September 2014 - 03:33 PM.

#195 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:35 PM

View PostE N E R G Y, on 08 September 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

can someone fill me in with what happened with the clan release?

did IGP not properly give PGI the tools to market the clan invasion?

Paul talked about this around Clan release time. In a nut shell, The Stakeholders pushed the Clan release forward faster and in a different manner than was originally intended, and before the design was fully done. Paul actually sounded pretty disgruntled about the way it was handled (if you read between the lines, so to speak), and this resulted in the Clan release happening sort of disassociated with an actual invasion event.

#196 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 08 September 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

Does this mean the servers might be moved from Montreal to Vancouver?

As someone who lives on the West Coast that would be a welcome change. My ping is ALWAYS, ALWAYS in the 90s in this game.

lol I WISH my ping was that good....

#197 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 08 September 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

Can I just take a moment to remind everyone that PGI never passed any bucks? They attributed the slowdowns to quite a few things, but IGP's issues were mostly (and justifiably) suspected by the community itself, not by PGI.

This is true, but it also doesn't mean that IGP was never involved. We can't know, but now we'll not need wonder.

As was said, from here on out:

PGI deserves all the praise, or blame, for what happens. It's really a great opportunity for somewhat of a fresh start for them, and they're doing pretty well right now (the last few months have been very strong) so hopefully they can keep it up.

#198 Spokes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:42 PM

Yes! :D

#199 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:44 PM

hmm... good news.

hopefully this will have a good impact on MWO development now that the developer can make its own decisions.

Also...
Does this mean that now we know who to blame when golden king crab packs start selling for over 1000$...! :P

Edited by Navid A1, 08 September 2014 - 03:46 PM.

#200 Hoffenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:45 PM

Booya, PGI! I've really enjoyed the past month or so of MWO (moreso than the previous couple months). I even finished one of the challenges and got some new vindicators. You have me wanting to buy into premium time AND get more stuff, well done :D !

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users