• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:24 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 09 September 2014 - 05:47 AM, said:

Guys,

Russ answered most of these questions you're asking in the Town Hall meeting last night.

http://www.twitch.tv/ngngtv/c/5090278

THERE it is. Thanks, Jody.

#282 Opus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationI am not here. why the **** are you looking here?

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:30 AM

Seems all well and good, but I will stand by with my popcorn
Oh and Niko Question: your new role as Leader of Support, Social Media, and Moderation with what looks to be 3 staff members.
Who is overseeing your decisions?

#283 Texugo87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:34 AM

This seems like positive news to me, and I excited to see where it takes the game.

I think that PGI is going publisherless with their new venture speaks to their past experience with publishers.

#284 Grey Death Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 290 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:38 AM

Well to be honest Guys your going have to do lot better before you impress me after the Clan Mech Nerfs and water down of Clan lore even more. Or maybe someone can enlighten me with what good news this meant to bring as I'm obviously missing point!!. My opinion Still remains same skeptical where this game is going and what has transpired to Clan tech personally Im still disgusted.

Sorry everyone else mean no disrespect anyone but this whole fare left bitter taste in my mouth.

#285 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:54 AM

Posted Image

Like many have said, the power is now in your hands PGI. I hope you can make this work and it improves the quality of the product, adds the much needed content it deserves, and can flourish and stay active in the gaming enviroment for years to come.

Good Luck!

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 09 September 2014 - 07:56 AM.

#286 Stormwolfe13

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 120 posts
  • LocationJersey Strong

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:02 AM

View Postrusticatedcharm, on 08 September 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

Why were members of competitive teams such as HOL and SJR informed of the IGP buyout almost a month before the general public? (This has been confirmed on two twitch streams.)

In order to increase transparency the streams in question were Celyth's and Odwalla/Sebinitu's. I've known about this buyout for about three weeks thanks to overhearing it on HoL teamspeak during a stream in which specific PGI employees were referenced as supplying the information.

I've kept quiet for 3 weeks because I thought it was a good call. I had faith in PGI. I was excited to see new hirings posted on PGI's job board as I thought they would increase the pace of development on MWO. And then I hear about this new game and my hopes are trashed.

Does PGI have a policy concerning the interaction of staff members between certain groups of players so as to avoid possible conflicts of interest or competitive advantages that might arise during CW? (If any of you are familiar with EVE, the t20 incident seems something that might happen here.)

If so, what is PGI's policy in terms of favoritism shown by privileged users (employees, community figures, premier competitive players) towards outside organizations such as teams, in game clans or groups of users?

If this is true then it is very tragic. Stuff like that should NEVER happen! PGI definitely needs to address the player base regarding this issue and explain why it happened and why it won't EVER happen again! Allowing some "privileged" few access to information before the rest of the player base is a sin that cannot be tolerated by the player base as a whole and is a sure recipe for earning vast amounts of animosity from the majority of the player base.

On the bright side however we will finally find out whether past mishaps.. of which there have been many, were truly the fault of IGP or PGI. I hope this translates to good news for MWO and it player base. I will remain cautiously optimistic as hard as that might be. I hope that resources from MWO, both human and financial, will not be diverted from MWO to their new game project. That would also be very tragic. We need PGI to also explain, in detail, how this will work. As frustrating as it has been this game still carries unlimited potential for being a great game. Hopefully here is a chance for PGI to begin to realize this potential in earnest. Good luck PGI. Please don't let us down!

#287 Ahja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:57 AM

So quick sum up. New game...whatever your a game company. No IPG. So more time each week for Management to relax. But down in the dirt with the players nothing has or will change? All the problems with PGIs vision of this version of BT/MW are still pledging the majority of players. Clan under balancing, Mech size problems, magic/quirks powers to make up for mistakes made to the game, and PGIs strange need to reinvent a game that dose not need to be remade. So nothing here to see move along.

#288 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:00 AM

We remain cautiously pessimistic.

#289 Phyrefli

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 28 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:10 AM

Interesting. Bringing everything in-house will help with efficiency, but will also result in an increased cost to you to handle the hosting, the additional head count, office rent, equipment, marketing etc. Since IGP were probably taking a % of sales I imagine the savings there will help to cover that. But were things that bad with IGP that you felt the best way was to go it alone?

And that brings me round to the big question. An amicable agreement to be released from a publisher generally converts to "we paid them enough money to get them off our backs". Since the quality of a game is largely proportional to the amount of money spent on it (with talent, passion, ideas etc. also playing a part) will the money you're spending to bring everything in-house, and the amount you've likely had to pay to IGP to be released from the contract, result in slower development of MWO?

I guess what I'm trying to get at is what are the concrete advantages to this being done, and how will it affect development of (say) CW and other aspects of MWO?

On a final note, I'd like to say good luck. Been part of the BTech universe since the 80's and I'm rooting for you guys.

#290 Hungry Hungry Hobo

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 74 posts
  • LocationRefrigerator box floating in space.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:11 AM

Am I dreaming? Where there paint fumes in the hallway? This is actually happening?

#291 M0wLaue

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Locationgermany

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:16 AM

I think this is a VERY GOOD deal

#292 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:16 AM

Amen. Just got done with the town meeting pod cast and many things were illuminated. In hindsight, I should have recognized something was fishy in Denmark with the corporate partnership. I run a small software company and completely understand what was going on between PGI and IGP. I've been in that situation before were pressure from a partner entity causes havoc with the development and upgrade cycle the other's product. A tribe can only have one chief. I look forward to what PGI can deliver now that they have sole creative control.

#293 FerretGR

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:32 AM

I was optimistic about this 7 or 8 pages ago. With the Town Hall announcement that there is going to be another mech pack announced next week, my optimism is completely gone. These money grabs are the problem, PGI. Working on mechs when there is so much left to do elsewhere is ridiculous. Given that the work that needs to be done doesn't translate directly into profits, though, tells me that despite this apparent revolution in the MWO world, the status quo remains, and that IGP probably wasn't the problem with the direction you folks have gone. Instead of squeezing us to death for a few bucks and splitting the money with IGP, you now get to squeeze us and rake in the profit yourself.

Very, very disappointing!

#294 FerretGR

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:35 AM

View PostFlashripper, on 09 September 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

Great news!

I assume this means that finally focus will be switched from new premium mechs and "fast cash" to the features promised on CBT.

Go read the Town Hall transcript.

#295 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:55 AM

View PostFerretGR, on 09 September 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

I was optimistic about this 7 or 8 pages ago. With the Town Hall announcement that there is going to be another mech pack announced next week, my optimism is completely gone. These money grabs are the problem, PGI. Working on mechs when there is so much left to do elsewhere is ridiculous. Given that the work that needs to be done doesn't translate directly into profits, though, tells me that despite this apparent revolution in the MWO world, the status quo remains, and that IGP probably wasn't the problem with the direction you folks have gone. Instead of squeezing us to death for a few bucks and splitting the money with IGP, you now get to squeeze us and rake in the profit yourself.

Very, very disappointing!

Are you going to give them money through a donation, with no reward for that donation? No, you are not, so they are giving you a reward for the donation, in the form of a mech to purchase. It is a business, man, they have to make money somehow...

#296 utzelbrutz

• PipPipPip
  • The Juggernaut
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:03 PM

Woohoo! Love it!

#297 FerretGR

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:21 PM

View PostCimarb, on 09 September 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

Are you going to give them money through a donation, with no reward for that donation? No, you are not, so they are giving you a reward for the donation, in the form of a mech to purchase. It is a business, man, they have to make money somehow...

I could have been convinced to buy premium time if we saw something drastic. There are other ways to make money than these cash grabs in the form of mech packs. They add nothing to the game... there are a hundred mechs to choose from, four more isn't going to be a revolution. Give me a REASON to spend money on this game, not just more of the same, and I will do so.

These mech packages are the virtual equivalent of a donation, IMHO, because I see no other reason to add to my stable of 75+ mechs.

I've already spent hundreds on the promise of something better. Now I'm asking for that something better to be implemented. It always seemed to me that nothing good was done around here because the only work IGP wanted done was work that led directly to sales. PGI needs to learn that work in other areas that need attention will lead to profit as well by bringing folks like me back into the fold. All they've done is shown us that despite their claims, the worst of their behavior over the past year is behavior they'll repeat without pressure from IGP. PGI need to prove they're interested in real change, and this most definitely is not it.

Edited by FerretGR, 09 September 2014 - 12:21 PM.

#298 FerretGR

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:24 PM

I can't be the only one who is tired of "we have big plans that'll blow your mind, but first, we need more money!"

#299 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:18 PM

View PostFerretGR, on 09 September 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

I could have been convinced to buy premium time if we saw something drastic. There are other ways to make money than these cash grabs in the form of mech packs. They add nothing to the game... there are a hundred mechs to choose from, four more isn't going to be a revolution. Give me a REASON to spend money on this game, not just more of the same, and I will do so.

These mech packages are the virtual equivalent of a donation, IMHO, because I see no other reason to add to my stable of 75+ mechs.

I've already spent hundreds on the promise of something better. Now I'm asking for that something better to be implemented. It always seemed to me that nothing good was done around here because the only work IGP wanted done was work that led directly to sales. PGI needs to learn that work in other areas that need attention will lead to profit as well by bringing folks like me back into the fold. All they've done is shown us that despite their claims, the worst of their behavior over the past year is behavior they'll repeat without pressure from IGP. PGI need to prove they're interested in real change, and this most definitely is not it.

I am very excited about the new mechs, so sorry you are not. I am also highly excited about the future of MWO with Community Warfare rolling out.

#300 Kell Commander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 537 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:19 PM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 09 September 2014 - 05:47 AM, said:

Guys,

Russ answered most of these questions you're asking in the Town Hall meeting last night.

http://www.twitch.tv/ngngtv/c/5090278

Lots of us don't have 2 and a half hours available to sit and listen to the entire podcast, especially when most of the posts I've seen have 1 or 2 very specific questions. Anyone know if they have or intend to post a script?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users