#101 St0neFire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 192 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, US

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:28 PM

View PostMason West, on 09 September 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

So what does P2 stand for? i missed that.

yeah, me too .... all i can think of is Portal 2 :)

#102 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

View PostMason West, on 09 September 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

So what does P2 stand for? i missed that.

View PostStoneFeyer, on 09 September 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

yeah, me too .... all i can think of is Portal 2 :)

"Project 2"... now officially released as Transverse.

#103 St0neFire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 192 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, US

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:55 PM

View PostCimarb, on 09 September 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

"Project 2"... now officially released as Transverse.

OK! thanks (and no thanks, MWO and SC need to pan out for me) :)

#104 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:49 PM

View PostStoneFeyer, on 09 September 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

OK! thanks (and no thanks, MWO and SC need to pan out for me) :)

Yeah, I am still hoping that Transverse does an inverse and becomes BattleTech: Aerospace...

#105 Stunner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 236 posts
  • LocationNM

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:33 PM

When you read the transverse news Bryan is showing that Dukem Nukem and MWO are two of his successes. To me they were both failures and I would take those off my resume.

#106 Anais Opal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOutreach - Shopping of course!

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:46 PM

View PostStunner, on 09 September 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

When you read the transverse news Bryan is showing that Dukem Nukem and MWO are two of his successes. To me they were both failures and I would take those off my resume.

Don't forget the shipwreck that is MechWarrior:Tactics.

PGI have never in their ENTIRE 14 year history had a successful IP. Never, not a single one.

Anyone who throws money at this is being robbed and they're a fool. Sorry, but I'm going to say it like it is.

#107 St0neFire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 192 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, US

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:56 PM

View PostGlycerineOxide, on 09 September 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

PGI have never in their ENTIRE 14 year history had a successful IP. Never, not a single one.

Anyone who throws money at this is being robbed and they're a fool. Sorry, but I'm going to say it like it is.

maybe "P3" will be called"Transient" :)

#108 Rick Rawlings

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:20 PM

You should have had your town hall after the reveal. I guess my questions would be: There's a lot of resources involved in that reveal video. Did you hire a new team to do it already or did you pull people off MWO to work on it? There is also a lot of ambitious plans outlined, are you sure that didn't distract the "upper echelons" from focusing on current game issues? Also...there's a lot of stuff promised there. Your current game can't even remember my weapons groups from one round to the next. What assurances are you giving to people that you can pull that off in a reasonable amount of time? Have you considered any money back policies to help jittery possible fans?

#109 AUSSIETROOPER4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:03 AM

I either read it wrong or it has been edited.

CW is the last major feature from the "orginal vision" which I read as the last major feature. Apologies.
So I hope the new vision will include things like NPC or player controlled infantry etc.

Edited by AUSSIETROOPER4, 10 September 2014 - 02:03 AM.

#110 Foksuh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:14 AM

Hey now, Outlaw Chopper was a masterpiece.

#111 Kharax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:27 AM

My suggestion for Transverse:

Put all the poeple you hired for it in the works for MWO and make it the MECHWARRIOR ONLINE game what it is Supposed to be.

You even need one year to finish one map from Recycled assets!

Dont you think there is a little bit need of more poeple to work on MWO?

The BT Universe is more than big enought to put all the stuff in there what you wanna reach with this special intended "new" game.
And If Cry Engine is soo crap, then let them even convert MWO to Unreal Engine.

Take a simple Look at EVE Online: those Guys are building on it so why you whouldnt do the same way with MWO???

We all like MWO and we wanna play it more and more.
The Only Problem with is the EXTREME lack of REAL content in this Game!!!

So bring all that stuff into MWO, and please, please forget Transverse, there also a place for flying spacecrafts at MWO.

#112 Jae Hyun Nakamura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMarburg

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:05 AM

Dear PGI,

pls use your ressorces on MWO. The customers money for flying spaceships has gone into another Pocket Long time ago.

with best regards,

nakamura

#113 Khujjo

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 89 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:05 AM

View PostHeffay, on 09 September 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

They never said that. PGI just paid IGP their publisher dues. What IGP did with that income is their business, just like PGI doesn't dictate how their tax dollars are spent, or how the electric company uses the money they bill.

Thanks for the clarification but you can shove that condescending ****. I was asking a straight forward question.

Edited by Khujjo, 10 September 2014 - 07:06 AM.

#114 Anais Opal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 590 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:52 AM

View PostFoksuh, on 10 September 2014 - 05:14 AM, said:

Hey now, Outlaw Chopper was a masterpiece.

You mean this one when PGI was Jarhead Games?

http://www.gamespot....w/1900-6154700/

Truly a masterpiece...of fail :D

#115 Anais Opal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 590 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:18 PM

View PostKharax, on 10 September 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

And If Cry Engine is soo crap, then let them even convert MWO to Unreal Engine.

Take a simple Look at EVE Online: those Guys are building on it so why you wouldnt do the same way with MWO???

What PGI are trying to do here is what has taken CCP 11 years to achieve. Eve was 6 or 7 years in alpha development before it went beta in late 2002 early 2003.

PGI have never been in the persistent universe space, I honestly do not believe they have the relevant expertise to even achieve this kind of infrastructure they can't manage 24 players on a single server without hideous desync problems. They would need a server cluster the same as CCP's Tranquility cluster not to mention the resources, financial and in personnel to manage such a feat and PGI think they can do that by crowd funding $1mil??

The guys at CCP must be laughing their butts off. Actually, one of my friends is one of the original founding members of Eve, he's the sound engineer and wrote all of Eve's music, I'll have to ask him :)

Can anyone here honestly see PGI putting together a game that can handle space combat to the tune of 200+ players in a single star system using Unreal Engine 4? CCP had to develop their own engine for this and its the most advanced engine for its type in the world.

Transverse has fail written all over it.

#116 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:35 PM

If Transparallelverse fails to hit its funding targets, how does the financial liability impact PGI and, by extension, MWO?

#117 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:40 PM

In fairness, PGI didn't develop MWT. In fact, no one has been developing MWT for the past year... though IGP was still taking money for pre-order pledges up until a few days ago.

#118 Anais Opal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 590 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:30 PM

Here's the extended reveal trailer. At the end Bryan says some things that are interesting.

Transcript at 6 minutes

"The PC business and the games industry as a whole has undergone a major revolution, a renaissance
that allows the developer, that's us, and the backer, that's you, to come together to create the games of our dreams."

If we look at that statement a little more closely, what Bryan is actually saying is that we (the developer) get to legally take money off you, class you as customers, not investors, giving us the freedom to anything we like, not deliver on any promises, produce a product that is different to what we originally pitched to you and even to pull the plug at any time and keep that money for ourselves. Because you are not investors or share holders you have no legal entitlements and we have no legal obligation to reimburse or refund any money back to you. In short, we legally get to steal vast amounts of money from thousands of people without fear of reprisal or legal repercussion.

The only protection anyone who gives money to a crowd funded project has is if the project is equity crowd funded, this means that a backer is entitled to a portion of either the product itself in terms of shares or an entitlement to a share of any profits the product makes. The laws regarding this are pretty vague and there are plenty of loopholes.

Something to think about.

Edited by GlycerineOxide, 10 September 2014 - 02:51 PM.

#119 Pht

• 2,299 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:48 PM

So, the MWO/IGP thing didn't surprise me and pretty much none of the business stuff did either; none of the stuff I've listened to so far has really bothered me. Seems to be bread and butter stuff that happens even between the best of businesses. I'm happy to see that PGI no longer has to have all of it's eggs into one basket.

That said, Russ did make a comment off the cuff about the 'mechs that soured my stomach - something he should know better than which has already been previously shown to be wrong. But that's for elsewhere. MWO seems, as far as the knowledge we've been given, to be on as sound a footing as it's been before. They're willing to make, if we're willing to buy. It's not time to get worried until either we aren't willing to buy, or they aren't willing to make.

#120 Rwraith

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:04 PM

Once again it amuses me. Those who whine/cry/moan about the game still play it and still post on the boards. It's like a mental illness. If you don't like something you should really avoid it instead of hanging around. It's just weird.

View PostAUSSIETROOPER4, on 10 September 2014 - 02:03 AM, said:

I either read it wrong or it has been edited.

CW is the last major feature from the "orginal vision" which I read as the last major feature. Apologies.
So I hope the new vision will include things like NPC or player controlled infantry etc.

Elementals would just be kickbutt. Especially if you could play them!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users