I Promise (Join In Too If You Would Like)

General Social

59 replies to this topic

#41 EvilCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:19 AM

I would like to go back and forget everything, a clear state, a new start.

I am waiting just a good will action, for example undo the most controversial changes done to the game, I don't need to mention them, I am sure they are aware.

Just one time, admit error.

#42 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

What is causing this "BUY-OUT" exactly...???

Are we getting the entire story...???

Did IGP decide THEY (IGP) wanted out (due to slow development), OR did PGI make enough off of MWO to say, "Hey IGP, we want to make MWO our way"..?? Is IGP wanting to jump ship for a decent cash payment to get away from MWO, OR has PGI been strong-armed by IGP..??

I'm reserving my judgement until I know the real story, (if it ever sees the light of day).

We may never know, we may not really want to know.. Who knows...

Edited by Odins Fist, 09 September 2014 - 11:28 AM.

#43 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:46 AM

I just wait for real facts rather than reassuring promises.
I still enjoy the game, but I think I'll spend real money again only with CW released.

#44 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:55 AM

I'm going to try, but I've been led down this path multiple times before and seen little change in what needs changing. It can't hurt to try one last time, but we are really well and truly past the "fool me once" scenario now.

#45 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

Ahhhhhhh welcome brothers to the other side

I brought enough for everyone!!!

Posted Image

#46 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:43 PM

If they stop the nerfs until CW comes out and then do balances in a smart way, not the "Do several, large nerfs at once" approach, I will cut them more slack.

#47 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:43 PM

View PostOdins Fist, on 09 September 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

What is causing this "BUY-OUT" exactly...???

Are we getting the entire story...???

Of course we're not getting the entire story.

Russ said in another thread that buying back the publishing rights for MWO hasn't cost them a thing:

View PostRuss Bullock, on 08 September 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

I can't comment on the exact nature of our deal but let's just say it is not a drain on Piranha's resources.

Which of course is wide open to speculation. So here's mine:
* Microsoft shut IGP down when their taking founder money for MT without a developer for the last eight months was discovered, or
* The Canadian government did the same, or
* The mysterious new backer for P2 bought out the rights from IGP as part of the funding deal for P2.

That's my three main theories for now - I have no evidence whatsoever for any of them, it's just idle speculation.

Edited by stjobe, 09 September 2014 - 12:49 PM.

#48 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:54 PM

View Poststjobe, on 09 September 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

Russ said in another thread that buying back the publishing rights for MWO hasn't cost them a thing:

Which of course is wide open to speculation. So here's mine:
* Microsoft shut IGP down when their taking founder money for MT without a developer for the last eight months was discovered, or
* The Canadian government did the same, or
* The mysterious new backer for P2 bought out the rights from IGP as part of the funding deal for P2.

That's my three main theories for now - I have no evidence whatsoever for any of them, it's just idle speculation.

"Not cost them a thing" and "not a drain on Piranha's resources" are technically NOT one and the same...... (not to pick nits. It just means they found a way to mitigate the cost, one way or another, and not a drain on current resources)

#49 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:58 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 September 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

"Not cost them a thing" and "not a drain on Piranha's resources" are technically NOT one and the same...... (not to pick nits. It just means they found a way to mitigate the cost, one way or another, and not a drain on current resources)

That's what I'm thinking. They had excess capital from either a new investor or from the Clan packages. Spending that capital did not take away from the funds needed to operate or continue to develop the game.

My guess is a new investor put up the funds and it isn't cutting into PGI's capital.

#50 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:58 PM

http://www.reddit.co...s_pgi_reposted/
interesting read, if true

#51 TimoWasTaken

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLake Forest Park, WA, USA

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:02 PM

I promise that until they successfully implement "Planetary Warfare", I will not be spending any more money.

#52 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:06 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 September 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

So you're on the same track as my third speculation then? That the money they got to develop Transverse went in part to buy back the MWO rights from IGP?

Edited by stjobe, 09 September 2014 - 01:06 PM.

#53 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:26 PM

I for one firmly believe that Lucy will let Charlie Brown kick that football this time.

#54 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:47 PM

View PostLauLiao, on 09 September 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

Have you tried falling to the floor and kicking, screaming, and crying? That's how my niece throws her tantrums.

I'm holding off on using the big guns until I know what my options are. If it looks like PGI will bite, I'll stage a full on kicking and screaming freakout. (In my Atlas of course.)

#55 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:28 PM

Posted Image

#56 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:31 PM

Posted Image

#57 Asmudius Heng

• Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:30 PM

I am willing to give PGI some leeway and give them a month or so to show some SIGNIFICANT change.

I do feel already there have been some small positive things happening but it needs to be followed up with consistent progress and open honest communication with the community.

So my cynic is waiting in the wings ready to strike, but for the moment I will let my optimistic side take the stage.

Don't let my inner optimist take a beating again PGI :(

#58 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:21 PM

View PostArchMage Sparrowhawk, on 09 September 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

and for a little bit of seriousness: I'm willing to give PGI a second chance. But only if they don't try sticking to the story that their 4 pillars have been largely delivered. The foundations are there, I'll definitely agree. But I would say JUST the foundations are there, particularly for information warfare(which I expect to be a whole lot more than ecm and the most basic of basic drone and NLOS targeting. I also need to see more Role Warfare implementation. I mean comprehensive and in depth. That will please me a whole lot more than "free" Clanner bait.

This is a good start, and I want them to admit that it's just that. A start. The "maturity" has yet to be reached, and I really expect more of a game to be added to the game. Not just scheduled content.

a good example would be a better use of the battlegrid screen, to expand the options of commanders. Like when we wanted commanders to be able to do targeted arty strikes and send drones out via the map.

That was my biggest issue with the town hall last night. Much of the time was spent trying to defend their position, which I can understand, but they need to acknowledge some of the hits, and take their licks. We know they can do better, and now we're going to expect it. (With reasonable allowances for time and communication with the player base, etc, etc.)

He basically said it himself yesterday, by mistake, probably. But what we have here is an awesome robot arena fighting game, and I'm waiting for Battletech to show up.

Now that is a well thought out response. Stop letting your kids write up profanity laden, inaccurate posts, and topics would stay on topic more. ;)

#59 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:35 PM

View Poststjobe, on 09 September 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

Rhetorical question Farley...

#60 CN9 ACE PILOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 306 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUNKNOWN

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:52 PM

I apologize before hand for my laziness, i'm tired from a long shift. Some one mind posting a link to this? I remember seeing it mentioned somewhere but lost track. Would like to see for myself the note.

To me doesn't matter who runs MWO to me, It's pretty clear, at least in my opinion, that the single most to blame here is the shoe strung modded CE3, and i'm aware somethings won't change at all, ever, due to it. Second to that, legal work, is a load of...filled with greedy penny pichers ready to file suit at even the thought of copy right infringement.

So w/e as long as it's a MW game, backed by the Battletech franchise i'll keep playing till the servers get shut off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users