Transverse Masterthread

170 replies to this topic

#61 Kharax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:19 AM

My suggestion for Transverse:

Put all the poeple you hired for it in the works for MWO and make it the MECHWARRIOR ONLINE game what it is Supposed to be.

You even need one year to finish one map from Recycled assets!

Dont you think there is a little bit need of more poeple to work on MWO?

The BT Universe is more than big enought to put all the stuff in there what you wanna reach with this special intended "new" game.
And If Cry Engine is soo crap, then let them even convert MWO to Unreal Engine.

Take a simple Look at EVE Online: those Guys are building on it so why you whouldnt do the same way with MWO???

We all like MWO and we wanna play it more and more.
The Only Problem with is the EXTREME lack of REAL content in this Game!!!

So bring all that stuff into MWO, and please, please forget Transverse, there also a place for flying spacecrafts at MWO.

#62 RedDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:49 AM

The tremendous amount of support Transverse receives (a whooping 36 backers until now) hopefully shows PGI where their main efforts should lie. They would be nothing without Battletech and its fans, and only the Battletech IP keeps MWO alive. So they better realize now that it's Mechwarrior the fans are paying for, not PGI's skill (or lack thereof) in making games.

#63 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:50 AM

There may be a problem with this Pen and Paper game My daughter's boyfriend introduced me to. Its a space faring RPG that the players can transfer consciousness between synthetic bodies.

Familiar? :huh:

#64 Grrzoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • 496 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:03 AM

View PostTice Daurus, on 09 September 2014 - 11:45 PM, said:

butthurt

tice, knock it off. Please let havoc know to remove your forum tags also, kthx

#65 VirtualSmitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts
  • LocationHilton Head, Holy Terra

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:06 AM

View PostRedDragon, on 10 September 2014 - 04:49 AM, said:

The tremendous amount of support Transverse receives (a whooping 36 backers until now) hopefully shows PGI where their main efforts should lie. They would be nothing without Battletech and its fans, and only the Battletech IP keeps MWO alive. So they better realize now that it's Mechwarrior the fans are paying for, not PGI's skill (or lack thereof) in making games.

+1, could not have said it better.

#66 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:24 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 10 September 2014 - 04:50 AM, said:

There may be a problem with this Pen and Paper game My daughter's boyfriend introduced me to. Its a space faring RPG that the players can transfer consciousness between synthetic bodies.

Seriously?!

FFS.

As an originator of literature content that i've been paid well for... it enrages me to see how little respect PGI has for others' work, and baffles me how they're incapable of original thought.

#67 Brut4ce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 364 posts
  • LocationLand's End

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:39 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 09 September 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

Er WTF mate?

This is not quoted enough! Also the rest of the terms below are really "interesting" as well.

#68 Cyberiad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:39 AM

PGI is wasting their time and other people's money. Trannyverse will never even hit the first stretch goal of having spaceships and people who have pledged will never be refunded in any way. PGI should stick to something that actually has a hope of succeeding, MWO, if they manage to become competent.

#69 Brut4ce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 364 posts
  • LocationLand's End

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:48 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 10 September 2014 - 04:50 AM, said:

OMG. I thought the rip-off was mainly from SC, but the list continues! LOLS! Even the lore and name are not original????? *sigh*

#70 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:52 AM

I only care about mechwarrior. But pgi doesn't own the ip, who knows, maybe microsoft wants to make an xbone exclusive when the license expires, or demand an insane sum of money for license extension, and then what? Not sure a star citizen alternative is the best idea though.

#71 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:14 AM

I am not a huge fan of PGI and some of their decision's, but I do feel sorry for them on how this is going as it was something Bryan seem pretty excited about.

However again, to me this just proves to me that their leadership has issues, much like Russ not know how to answer the questions about how to win people back, and thinks that it is due to one decision that people have/had lost faith in PGI. I fear they truly did no understand how much people distrust/distrusted them, over the many issues that happened before 2014. I know on the town hall he asked for people to give them second chance but for a lot of people this is way past the a second chance.

Things have been better in 2014, and it seems they could have wait till the built more good will, however Russ did seem to indicate they could not wait any longer on the release of Transverse, probably due to some of the funding they received, or need more, which means they probably started the process a earlier than they should have. Even people that I play with that are pretty happy with PGI and MWO this year have said they were going to hold off on jumping on Transverse due to how things were handled with MWO.

#72 Lex Peregrine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 206 posts
  • LocationPoznan, Sarna March, FC

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:47 AM

I wish PGI decided to make a Battletech MMO instead, they're the only ones that can do it I believe, as they hold the licence.

Why a game type that faces serious competition from the likes of Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous?

New game idea using a new engine sounds good, but it would sound much better if it were based in battletech, a role-play experience that could borrow assets from MWO (art, sound..), forget about CW in MWO, make it more league friendly and the likes of NBT and other leagues out there will ensure MWO stays interesting, and develop a new type of game where you get to role-play in the battletech universe. I would ask my bank for credit just to back that idea!

#73 Lanessar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:05 AM

The feature list seems eerily familiar to an earlier game, which didn't quite contain those features.

Class warfare.... information warfare... community warfare.

I'm just seeing too many similarities on the development model to be comfortable with funding this. Their timelines also are similar. Space flight 2015, space combat "some time later" in 2016.

The game sounds like a neat idea - except classes in an open-world sandbox. That's not so good.

Even putting aside the fact that E:D combat is essentially what they are posting here already (now), and 90% of the game doesn't involve NPCs, but other players (save for money-making stuff)...

Well, if the reputation for making feature timelines was better, I might be interested.

Also, this trailer is 100% CGI. I understand why one does that. But it has never sold me on playing a game, and certainly not giving money to it.

Wait, no, that's not true, there was one game I pledged for sight unseen.

It's still missing a few key points that were listed on the Founder's pack page, iirc.

#74 Illegal Username

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:23 AM

View PostLanessar, on 10 September 2014 - 08:05 AM, said:

The feature list seems eerily familiar to an earlier game, which didn't quite contain those features.

Class warfare.... information warfare... community warfare.

I'm just seeing too many similarities on the development model to be comfortable with funding this. Their timelines also are similar. Space flight 2015, space combat "some time later" in 2016.

The game sounds like a neat idea - except classes in an open-world sandbox. That's not so good.

Even putting aside the fact that E:D combat is essentially what they are posting here already (now), and 90% of the game doesn't involve NPCs, but other players (save for money-making stuff)...

Well, if the reputation for making feature timelines was better, I might be interested.

Also, this trailer is 100% CGI. I understand why one does that. But it has never sold me on playing a game, and certainly not giving money to it.

Wait, no, that's not true, there was one game I pledged for sight unseen.

It's still missing a few key points that were listed on the Founder's pack page, iirc.

In 2016 Russ bullock revealed that Transverse will not actually have space combat and it remain a dedicated space trucker game.
As the fanbase demands to know what happened to the original space combat promise, Bullock simply answered that "That was our position at the time"

#75 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:34 AM

View PostTKSax, on 10 September 2014 - 07:14 AM, said:

I am not a huge fan of PGI and some of their decision's, but I do feel sorry for them on how this is going as it was something Bryan seem pretty excited about.

However again, to me this just proves to me that their leadership has issues, much like Russ not know how to answer the questions about how to win people back, and thinks that it is due to one decision that people have/had lost faith in PGI. I fear they truly did no understand how much people distrust/distrusted them, over the many issues that happened before 2014. I know on the town hall he asked for people to give them second chance but for a lot of people this is way past the a second chance.

Things have been better in 2014, and it seems they could have wait till the built more good will, however Russ did seem to indicate they could not wait any longer on the release of Transverse, probably due to some of the funding they received, or need more, which means they probably started the process a earlier than they should have. Even people that I play with that are pretty happy with PGI and MWO this year have said they were going to hold off on jumping on Transverse due to how things were handled with MWO.

In that case he was excited about making a game that copies others' currently active space sim ship designs to a ridiculous degree. I can only applaud this failure of trying to steal others' work so blatantly.

The rest of your post I fully agree with, it was simply bad judgment to try and start something new when MWO is still in this half-baked shape it is currently.

Edited by Torgun, 10 September 2014 - 09:36 AM.

#76 Illegal Username

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:41 AM

Niko and other PGI community managers just got banned from Reddit because of their moderating policies of /r/transverse

http://www.reddit.co...ng_reddiquette/

http://www.reddit.co...rrent_mods_are/

I don't even

#77 PeRRaKo

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 80 posts
  • Locationマドリード - スペイン

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:51 AM

View PostLex Peregrine, on 10 September 2014 - 07:47 AM, said:

I wish PGI decided to make a Battletech MMO instead, they're the only ones that can do it I believe, as they hold the licence.

Why a game type that faces serious competition from the likes of Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous?

New game idea using a new engine sounds good, but it would sound much better if it were based in battletech, a role-play experience that could borrow assets from MWO (art, sound..), forget about CW in MWO, make it more league friendly and the likes of NBT and other leagues out there will ensure MWO stays interesting, and develop a new type of game where you get to role-play in the battletech universe. I would ask my bank for credit just to back that idea!

A Battletech MMORPG properly done would be my wet dream but, with all due respect to PGI, I don't see them accomplishing something even remotely close to that :(

Maybe in 2020...

#78 Jesoo_Creesto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:09 AM

Posted Image

#79 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:15 AM

Scott Manley just tweeted this.

Man, the train is really tumbling off the rails....

Goddamn PGI hire me to be your project manager and I swear I could do better than whatever you're doing.

Edited by Helmstif, 10 September 2014 - 10:15 AM.

#80 Heffey

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:23 AM

View PostIllegal Username, on 10 September 2014 - 09:41 AM, said:

Niko and other PGI community managers just got banned from Reddit because of their moderating policies of /r/transverse

http://www.incgamers...llout-continues

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users