#1201 Blacksoul1987

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 392 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:24 AM

View PostApnu, on 11 September 2014 - 10:21 AM, said:

There was? I missed it.

But then that's my point. OK, I'll take you at your word and believe there was a poll. Did they advertise it on the site somewhere? Is there a link so I can see the poll results? Did they also do a full court press of twitter, facebook and Reddit? Why isn't PGI trumpeting this from the heavens?

They need schooling in communication. I've said this from the beginning. Go back and search my forum history. I talk about PGI's lack of communication all the time.

I don't think it was advertised it was just on the forums as far as I know. http://mwomercs.com/...e-request-poll/

I don't disagree. their communication needs to improve and it has this last month. I still cautiously hold hope for this endeavor.

Edited by Blacksoul1987, 11 September 2014 - 10:26 AM.

#1202 Stargell

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:25 AM

Hi, I guess I'm checking in as a founder too. Funny that I'm a founder who never spent any of my MC or even picked out whatever it was my starting mech was supposed to be.

"I think I'll just wait for that glorious community warfare content" I thought to myself back in 2012.

<checks watch>

#1203 ICEFANG13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:25 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 11 September 2014 - 06:30 AM, said:

First post has more likes than any PGI post I'm recent memory?

Is this close enough? I always remember this post (of course I wrote it so that helps). Post #4

http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

Oh also should add, most threads with 3PV and ECM and Ghost heat also follow this trend. A lot of threads that have been deleted as well.

Edited by ICEFANG13, 11 September 2014 - 10:28 AM.

#1204 Opus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationI am not here. why the **** are you looking here?

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:26 AM

View PostBanned, on 11 September 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

Speaking of heavy-handed moderation check out this thread.
Oh wait, you can't because they removed it.

Here's the link anyway.
http://partedveil.com/MWO/

Eat ****.

reading through that brings back some horrible memories

but I noticed a common excuse from the devs > ""due to an oversight"

how many times do we have to keep hearing that? and is that going to be the common theme in Grabverse?

Edited by Opus, 11 September 2014 - 10:49 AM.

#1205 RedDragon

• 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:29 AM

View PostApnu, on 11 September 2014 - 10:21 AM, said:

There was? I missed it.

But then that's my point. OK, I'll take you at your word and believe there was a poll. Did they advertise it on the site somewhere? Is there a link so I can see the poll results? Did they also do a full court press of twitter, facebook and Reddit? Why isn't PGI trumpeting this from the heavens?

Yeah, I was responsible for that poll. It followed a thread I opened asking for some minor changes/improvements on the game. You can still find the poll under Comstar Focus Group.
I was pretty hyped back then that my idea was considered by the devs, but in hindsight it was a typical PGI blunder. Niko promised to close the poll to a given time and forward the results to the devs. But nothing happened since then, the poll stands still open and no further commentary from any dev or Niko. I was kinda surprised to see that they included some of the items (AMS toggle, color coded death messages) in the recent patch. Maybe it was because of the poll, maybe they planned to implement this anyway. No idea, because there isn't even the shadow of communication, even after we presented them all those ideas on a silver platter.

Edit: Now that I think of it, the poll received over 1800 votes. I guess that's... maybe a third of the active player base right now? Even if it is much less, it is a considerable amount of feedback. Now imagine what could have come from it if it had been advertised a bit more on the site here, or even in the game launcher itself. You could gather an overwhelming amount of feedback with very little work by that.
But that would require that the devs actually want to hear our opinion...

Edited by RedDragon, 11 September 2014 - 10:34 AM.

#1206 Apnu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:34 AM

View PostRedDragon, on 11 September 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

Yeah, I was responsible for that poll. It followed a thread I opened asking for some minor changes/improvements on the game. You can still find the poll under Comstar Focus Group.
I was pretty hyped back then that my idea was considered by the devs, but in hindsight it was a typical PGI blunder. Niko promised to close the poll to a given time and forward the results to the devs. But nothing happened since then, the poll stands still open and no further commentary from any dev or Niko. I was kinda surprised to see that they included some of the items (AMS toggle, color coded death messages) in the recent patch. Maybe it was because of the poll, maybe they planned to implement this anyway. No idea, because there isn't even the shadow of communication, even after we presented them all those ideas on a silver platter.

Wow. PGI has a long hard road in front of it. Doing a poll on a forum should be trivial. Either way, this is a clear example of what I and many others say about PGI's communications problem.

I'm sorry brother.

#1207 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:34 AM

View PostRedDragon, on 11 September 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

Maybe it was because of the poll, maybe they planned to implement this anyway. No idea, because there isn't even the shadow of communication, even after we presented them all those ideas on a silver platter.

I think it was probably because of the poll, but as usual, they're not organised enough to remember to say something.

I guess it demonstrates how their general lack of capability on communication works to their disadvantage, even when there's good news to share.

Edited by Appogee, 11 September 2014 - 10:35 AM.

#1208 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:35 AM

View PostBlacksoul1987, on 11 September 2014 - 10:24 AM, said:

I don't think it was advertised it was just on the forums as far as I know. http://mwomercs.com/...e-request-poll/

I don't disagree. their communication needs to improve and it has this last month. I still cautiously hold hope for this endeavor.

Like you I'm taking a wait and see approach. I'll still play because I've got good pals playing right now. But my wallet is closed until I see improvement.

#1209 Kill Dozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 343 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:35 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 11 September 2014 - 09:57 AM, said:

People after this threadnaught you should vote with your wallets and ignore the clan reinforcement pack.

How many of you will actually do so is another question.

(disclaimer, this is directed at PGI and not at you so much)

If they had delivered on the Phoenix Pack (and CW shortly after) like they were supposed to I would have bought the last Clan pack and probably the upcoming one. As it is, I'm buying nothing, not even mech bays since half of the Phoenix mechs are junk and can be sold off to free up space. I'm sitting on 45mil cbills or so and a stack of premium time because everything (paints, engines etc) is over priced anyway.

When I start seeing some truthful, honest interaction with the player base (without the lies and snarky, insulting taunts and veiled insults/slights of certain mods and staff) , some deadlines met on time, well thought out mech/weapon balance changes (no sledge hammer balancing and OP chassis sales for MC, ghost heat silliness, use the test server for actual testing, etc), in game economy and monetization changes, THEN I'll start spending. Give me honest value for my hard earned dollars, that's not too much to ask. You don't have to hit every deadline on time (PGI is small, we get that) but you have to be honest in your business dealings and treat people with respect.

You want to make money by the bucket full or ride the thing into the crash site, the decisions made over the next few months will decide which its going to be?

What's baffling is that the way forward, to success, from here is plain to see. Honesty, integrity, truthful interaction with the community. That being said, the events of the last few days should be a "resume generating event" for some, there is a lack of trust and respect in some cases that I don't believe can be restored.

I suspect I made The List™ with this post but I feel it needed to be said, even though its been said before and ignored.

#1210 EmCeeMendez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:39 AM

I have two friends who haven't played since Closed Beta, asking me for details on what's going on, because they heard about this from r/gaming. The irony is real.

#1211 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:42 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 11 September 2014 - 09:57 AM, said:

People after this threadnaught you should vote with your wallets and ignore the clan reinforcement pack.

How many of you will actually do so is another question.

That's basically the most important question all of us, not just the one that posted here but all that have read this thread should consider really carefully. Throwing money in the fire really won't extinguish it, it'll just make everything burn up even faster.

#1212 Blacksoul1987

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 392 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:42 AM

View PostKill Dozer, on 11 September 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

(disclaimer, this is directed at PGI and not at you so much)

If they had delivered on the Phoenix Pack (and CW shortly after) like they were supposed to I would have bought the last Clan pack and probably the upcoming one. As it is, I'm buying nothing, not even mech bays since half of the Phoenix mechs are junk and can be sold off to free up space. I'm sitting on 45mil cbills or so and a stack of premium time because everything (paints, engines etc) is over priced anyway.

When I start seeing some truthful, honest interaction with the player base (without the lies and snarky, insulting taunts and veiled insults/slights of certain mods and staff) , some deadlines met on time, well thought out mech/weapon balance changes (no sledge hammer balancing and OP chassis sales for MC, ghost heat silliness, use the test server for actual testing, etc), in game economy and monetization changes, THEN I'll start spending. Give me honest value for my hard earned dollars, that's not too much to ask. You don't have to hit every deadline on time (PGI is small, we get that) but you have to be honest in your business dealings and treat people with respect.

You want to make money by the bucket full or ride the thing into the crash site, the decisions made over the next few months will decide which its going to be?

What's baffling is that the way forward, to success, from here is plain to see. Honesty, integrity, truthful interaction with the community. That being said, the events of the last few days should be a &quot;resume generating event&quot; for some, there is a lack of trust and respect in some cases that I don't believe can be restored.

I suspect I made The List™ with this post but I feel it needed to be said, even though its been said before and ignored.

there should be no list. If they actually deliver many will return happily even after all the turmoil.

#1213 Brut4ce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 364 posts
  • LocationLand's End

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:43 AM

View PostEmCeeMendez, on 11 September 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

I have two friends who haven't played since Closed Beta, asking me for details on what's going on, because they heard about this from r/gaming. The irony is real.

Tell them to come and say hello in here :D There's plenty of food and booze for everyone! :D

#1214 Omeda Zero

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:47 AM

View PostDDDs, on 11 September 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

When you have Founders coming back to make their FIRST post on the forums, you know something went wrong.

As one of those founders; I found that the game quickly became a mess with the developer ignoring all feedback. I gave up and moved onto other games like War Thunder. I do want to play a mech game but I just found MWO too broken.

#1215 Kill Dozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 343 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:47 AM

View PostBlacksoul1987, on 11 September 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

there should be no list. If they actually deliver many will return happily even after all the turmoil.

Shouldn't, true, but I imagine someone is compiling a list of players to "moderate" at a later time.

#1216 Wolfp

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 50 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:49 AM

Dropping by to lend my sig and voice of support. Karma is definitely a *****. Cheers all!

#1217 Opus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationI am not here. why the **** are you looking here?

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:52 AM

View PostKill Dozer, on 11 September 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

Shouldn't, true, but I imagine someone is compiling a list of players to "moderate" at a later time.

then Niko and the Ban Bunnies will play us their latest hit song " I break with thee, I break with thee, I break with thee... and I spit on your shoes"

Edited by Opus, 11 September 2014 - 10:52 AM.

#1218 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:53 AM

I am a long time critic but I don't like this thread.

Throwing stones on people like that is simply shameful. Are you having fun because of this? are things going to get any better because of this?

#1219 PlzDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 456 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:54 AM

View PostKill Dozer, on 11 September 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

I am sure they are, but what they don't need now is more pissed off customers spreading the word across the internet.

#1220 Why Run

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:54 AM

I wish there were a way to download this entire thread, and preserve it. Let this forever stand as a message to companies. I thought the first rule they teach you in business is the customer is always right, even if they are completely wrong.

I posted near the front, my utter shock at this OP. Please keep this on track, do not get baited into actual nasty language. I know a couple are baiting the mods for a deliberate ban, but please. We've found a common voice that could produce a good result for those of us who enjoy the BT world. It's certainly unlikely, but one can always hope.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users