Kill A Dev Weekend

414 replies to this topic

#381 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:57 AM

Thanks for running this PGI, it was fun searching for you even if I did never drop with any of you.

#382 Mike Forst

Postmaster General

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:00 AM

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to play more over the weekend. I was planning to but then some kid stuff came up and I never got a chance to put aside some time to play.

#383 PurpleNinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:11 AM

View PostMike Forst, on 15 September 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to play more over the weekend. I was planning to but then some kid stuff came up and I never got a chance to put aside some time to play.

No problem, didn't got my medallion, but it was just matter of luck.
Looking forward for the next event.

#384 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:16 AM

Family first bro.

#385 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:17 AM

Real Life and the kids should always comes first.....Shoot ya next time! Glad your priorities are straight, sure the kids are too!

Edited by DarthRevis, 15 September 2014 - 09:18 AM.

#386 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:37 AM

FYI I believe Paul (at the very least) was streaming his drops on Twitch.
So they were on. It's been stated by Russ that there's been over 123 confirmed Dev kills so far as of last night, so they definitely are on

#387 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:38 AM

View Postxeromynd, on 15 September 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:

FYI I believe Paul (at the very least) was streaming his drops on Twitch.
So they were on. It's been stated by Russ that there's been over 123 confirmed Dev kills so far as of last night, so they definitely are on

Last post I saw sad 200 or so.

#388 Nemytis

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:44 AM

They'd have to show up for a few games first. This is why this game is nowhere close to what it could be because PGI doesn't play it. They just crunch numbers and listen to what the cry babies want.

#389 Valkwer

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:13 AM

I would love to hand out a truckload of cheese to go with all the wine.

I think it is great that some of PGI play the game and to be honest I dont think that it has to be mandetory for the employees of a companie to play the games that they develop.
Games get made for two reasons: To make money and to over entertaiment.
Although I only saw one DEV this weekend a big thanks to those that droped since I dont belive it was only workhoures.

Edited by Valkwer, 15 September 2014 - 10:18 AM.

#390 Davy J0nes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:14 AM

Got the hanging item but not the 500 mc, am I missing something? Do I need to kill more?

#391 Valkwer

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:17 AM

View PostFanto, on 15 September 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

Got the hanging item but not the 500 mc, am I missing something? Do I need to kill more?

You had to be one of the first 50 to kill one to get the 500MC after that its just the hanging item.

Edited by Valkwer, 15 September 2014 - 10:17 AM.

#392 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:19 AM

Never saw a single dev... Killed lots of other people though. :)

#393 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:38 AM

View PostCardos, on 14 September 2014 - 10:31 AM, said:

May i suggest a "i defended a dev"-badge or something like that? so the team the dev is in has something to gain to....and as it is more difficult to defend a single mech from a whole team, all in the defending team should get it IF the dev survives the match EDIT: For the next event like this maybe?

that would be an excellent idea... give something for the team that ends up with a dev on it... would also help to prevent team killing, even though they already stated that tk'ing a dev wouldn't get them anything anyways

#394 Ekdikesis

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 29 posts
  • LocationRight where I need to be...

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:23 AM

PGI,

Good event, so so implementation. I was one of the lucky few. I got to take down a Dev. It was Paul, on Saturday around dinnertime and I had to kamikaze to do it. Oh well, the price of a "shiny". ;)

I too was in the 'frustration camp' of not seeing a single Dev up till then and really wondering if they were even out there. I did play at various times on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. As it tuned out, Paul was the one and only one I saw in one match, the whole weekend. So I consider myself very lucky. I did hear during some rumblings in some Pug matches that others did see a Dev or two, here or there. Sean Lang (NG-NG) did get several mentions as well. So it gave me some hope they were floating about. I also kept hearing what does a Dev look like? and who are they? It seems, many didn't really know.

My point is this. It got me thinking, how can this be done better. How about doing this next time around for a Dev weekend.

1. Mandatory participation sometime during the weekend by all the crew on the project- time logged get OT for it. (up to a reasonable limit, of course) This will put a lot of people out there at many different times.

2. All Dev-drops will have a standard way it's done and it's this. At the beginning of the match, the Dev will announce on All-Chat "DEV-DROP" The Dev will then commence with a head on Banzai charge straight to the enemy team and attempt to take down as many as one can.

3. BOTH teams will have a chance at the Dev "shiny" and a reason to want too. The team that the Dev is on will attempt to keep the Dev "alive" however they can until the end of the match. Although there is no control over the Dev or "hiding" allowed, as they have their mission. If the Dev side manages to kill all the enemy and keep the Dev Mech alive, the one with the highest match score gets the Dev "shiny".

4. The enemy team who gets the kill on the Dev Mech has the shiny per usual.

This now ensures many things; a quick combat, which puts the Dev available for more drops and more exposure. A standard easy format to follow. The announcement at the beginning let's all know, even if unfamiliar with the Dev icon. A fun time for both sides as they scramble and attempt to win. :)

Oh, and you could change the name as well. It's now "Hunt a Dev/Save a Dev"

What do you think?...comments?

#395 eFTy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 296 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:49 AM

While the idea to "save the dev" is really cool, awarding the shiny to the player with the highest score is a bit unfair. For insance, let's say you get into the way of a SRM24 volley to save him and get yourself killed in the process (like someone did on Friday night when I was about to kill Sergio Santos :() and then someone else who was hanging back and shooting the guys rushing the dev gets the award. What do you think?

I really think this sort of thing should be a permanently active achievement (remember those? they were put into the game some months ago, everyone went through most of them, now nobody really cares anymore).

Kill/save a dev - get a title (a different one for each side, of course).
Kill/save a dev a bunch of times - get some GXP.
Kill/save a dev a whole lot of times (20? 30?) get the shiny cockpit item - a shiny GI medallion for saving them, and a busted up one, with grit and blood drops on it (think Watchmen) for killing.
Win a game against a dev group - same thing in another set of stages (just imagien how awesome it'd be to see a 12dev group and stomp them).

And no, I don't think devs should Leeroy as soon as the game starts. Everyone should be free to play to their own style.

#396 Dino Might

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:45 PM

Totally agree with it as a permanent achievement, always possible to get. And you never know when a dev will drop. Maybe you get it tomorrow, maybe in a year, maybe not at all. I still don't think being unhappy about not seeing a dev is reasonable. Just looking at the numbers. Appreciate them for what they did this weekend rather than doing nothing. That was the alternative. Be happy with just the chance and move on. If you played all weekend and are unhappy about it, then that's your fault for playing something you're not enjoying.

#397 Fenris Kell

Banned - Cheating

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationAn Irish Pub

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:59 PM

Are the devs still dropping? It says the event goes until tmrw....

#398 zloy bullet

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMercenaries dropship, exact location is unknown

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:01 PM

from start event - i see 2 devs in my team, and see one in red team, but die before can see him mech, and i see last dev for me today, and "just kill a dev".. maybe next time i can get little mc for new mechbuy ;)

p.s. tnx Matt and other devs for chance get little ;)

#399 Mattiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 400 posts
  • LocationAthenry

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:10 PM

Still searching for devs... Hope there's still a few on at this hour.

Edited by Mattiator, 15 September 2014 - 11:37 PM.

#400 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:14 AM

View PostMattiator, on 15 September 2014 - 11:10 PM, said:

ponies....?? really?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users