Bring Back The Phoenix Pack So Is Purists Don't Have To Buy Clan Packs To Get A King Crab

356 replies to this topic

#161 themoob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 589 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:02 PM

yesss please this! I don't want clan mechs but missed out on the Phoenix pack because I lost my job at the time. give us more IS packs!

#162 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:08 PM

No to any of the pre-order perks and especially not the Founders perks, camo, and tags ('Mech name or otherwise) being rereleased. I have no problem with any of the packages being offered without those.

View PostMalleus011, on 16 September 2014 - 05:37 PM, said:

Yeah, I agree Founders is a special thing and should not be re-opened for sale.

However, does that include keeping the unique geometry and texture exclusive? I like Catapults, and I like the Founder's nose. I also like the beat-up paintwork. Would it be acceptable to Founders to offer the mechs, but without the same colors? Perhaps without the (F) tag?

Just curious.

Edit: What if 'phase II' IS 'mechs had another unique marker? Founders are(F),Phoenix are (P) ...

This I fully approve of. I do not mind any of the unique geometry being reused for any number of purchase packs. Just make the camo pattern skins and letter designation for each pack different.

#163 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:12 PM

Overlord Phoenix package here -

Open it up, I can say with certainty having 'special' mechs in the mech bay is a warm fuzzy feeling. I absolutely wouldn't say that they're OP by any stretch.

This seems like a better option than consuming more PGI resources to make more IS mechs right now.

#164 Solomon Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:20 PM

View PostArtgathan, on 16 September 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

I wonder if people's tune would change if the price of the "re-released" package was also $240.

I wonder if you know that the 120$ Man-O -War Package is enough to qualify.

Legendary Founder was 120$, Project Phoenix Overlord was just 80 $.

And please people don´t get narrowed down to reopening packs -
I have the impression that was just one route OP was sugesting -

it is really about an alternative route NOW

where you can buy on the IS side of things instead of the Clan side to qualify for the King Crab.

Topics like this really bring out the worst in people.

Edited by Solomon Ward, 16 September 2014 - 08:26 PM.

#165 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:21 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 16 September 2014 - 03:23 PM, said:

I personally like the idea.

But I think any unleashing of Phoenix packages or founders would need to come from the players. More specifically from the Phoenix and founders themselves saying yes you should do that.

Only way I can see it happening.

I definitely would say go ahead, as long as there's some indication of difference, an anniversary pack marker, and maybe a different camo/stock geometry to keep the founders' 'mechs unique too.

Edit: We probably need some kind of a poll for this in FS.

Edited by Techorse, 16 September 2014 - 08:24 PM.

#166 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWarShip Sleipnir, Spinward-Coreward Quadrant

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:36 PM

View PostSolomon Ward, on 16 September 2014 - 08:20 PM, said:

I wonder if you know that the 120$ Man-O -War Package is enough to qualify.

Legendary Founder was 120$, Project Phoenix Overlord was just 80 $.

And please people don´t get narrowed down to reopening packs -
I have the impression that was just one route OP was sugesting -

it is really about an alternative route NOW

where you can buy on the IS side of things instead of the Clan side to qualify for the King Crab.

Topics like this really bring out the worst in people.

As stated already, you guys missed the boat and now want on it for the rewards that are being released now. The only thing that could be done now is package normal mechs and sell them. Anything else will pull them away from what is currently being done, they would be plain vanilla things you can already buy.

#167 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:41 PM

But I think any unleashing of Phoenix packages or founders would need to come from the players. More specifically from the Phoenix and founders themselves saying yes you should do that.

100% against it. It diminishes our support we gave you at the time.

They had their chance back then. And if they werent arround...well... you can't just show up late to the party and drink all the beer you want because you didn't have a chance to "chip in" when the beerrun was passing the hat.

Edited by Roadbeer, 16 September 2014 - 08:42 PM.

#168 themoob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 589 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:43 PM

I don't care about the Phoenix camos or bonuses or anything. rerelease it without the bonuses, just the mechs, and I'll be happy. then the people who purchased early still get something special. everyone wins!

#169 Solomon Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:49 PM

View PostDark DeLaurel, on 16 September 2014 - 08:36 PM, said:

As stated already, you guys missed the boat and now want on it for the rewards that are being released now. The only thing that could be done now is package normal mechs and sell them. Anything else will pull them away from what is currently being done, they would be plain vanilla things you can already buy.

You don´t get it.

We didn´t miss the boat.We just don´t want to take the Man-O-War / Masakari boat but wish for an IS boat.

I will take it tho if there is no alternative.

And personally i hope in future they will measure differently who is a loyal supporter.

I just imagine someone with Elite Founder + Guardian Package + Sabre Package who also spent 500 $ in Hero mechs -
he would not qualify but someone who bought just the 80 $ Overlord package and never spent a dime afterwards or before would qualify.

#170 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:49 PM

View Postthemoob, on 16 September 2014 - 08:43 PM, said:

I don't care about the Phoenix camos or bonuses or anything. rerelease it without the bonuses, just the mechs, and I'll be happy. then the people who purchased early still get something special. everyone wins!

Would not be the Phoenix stuff and it would also be yet another package for others to purchase if it affected the rewards. This is the reason why this line of reasoning is so wrong.

#171 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:52 PM

View PostSolomon Ward, on 16 September 2014 - 08:49 PM, said:

You don´t get it.

We didn´t miss the boat.We just don´t want to take the Man-O-War / Masakari boat but wish for an IS boat.

I will take it tho if there is no alternative.

And personally i hope in future they will measure differently who is a loyal supporter.

I just imagine someone with Elite Founder + Guardian Package + Sabre Package who also spent 500 $ in Hero mechs -
he would not qualify but someone who bought just the 80 $ Overlord package and never spent a dime afterwards or before would qualify.

Actually I do get it, but your still asking for a way to get the rewards without the investments others have done.

Yes in the future it would be nice to see a different way of doing rewards so everyone that has supported the game in some way gets something, but in the end life is not fair. A good friend missed the Founders pack, yet he harbors no interest in having it opened backup so he can get one.

#172 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:04 PM

I missed the founders program but have done everything in my power to support this game. Yeah, I rant alot, but for the coin I have put into it I would say I am entitled. Guess what? I will continue to support it, but I will not carry a bunch of cheap window lickers that want something for nothing. Cowboy the frack up or stop crying. OTSS ladies

Every sniveling word you say, every time you cry devalues all the packs we have spent our hard earned money on and dishonors the effort that everyone who has been here for any real length of time has put into this game

Edited by CHH Badkarma, 16 September 2014 - 09:11 PM.

#173 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:13 PM

View PostDark DeLaurel, on 16 September 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

Actually I do get it, but your still asking for a way to get the rewards without the investments others have done.

Yes in the future it would be nice to see a different way of doing rewards so everyone that has supported the game in some way gets something, but in the end life is not fair. A good friend missed the Founders pack, yet he harbors no interest in having it opened backup so he can get one.

Thing is, with the anniversary free stuff... anyone who supported the game does get stuff. If you played 100 matches since it's "launch", you get tons of c-bills, a free mechbay, and a standing item. If you ever bought MC, you get a free mech bay and a Centurion AH with 30% C-bill boost and unique paint job. If you bought into any preorder, you can a free mechbay, an Atlas S with 30% c-bill boost and unique paint scheme.

Only the unique King Crab, with mechbay, with unique color scheme and 30% c-bill boost is "unattainable" by some people currently, who are being specific on what faction of mechs they wish to get (which I can understand). In essence, everyone is getting something, but everyone is getting as much as they have contributed. The King Crab is the hardest one to get, and probably the one most worth while to get (being a new mech and all). However, it will be released for (cheaper than an $80 full package on it's own) MC, and then shortly after that for C-bills (free), just without the paint job, c-bill boost, free mechbay (you can get one half off soon for it) and "unique geometry".

In short, if you are just wanting the King Crab, it will be cheaper to just buy it when it comes out for MC.

Personally, I can see and understand each side's argument. One side wishes for those who invested to get the extra bonus for doing so (as unexpected as it is). Those who didn't/couldn't/against supporting the game at the time now want to get those limited purchase items to qualify for this "free boon" (that none of us founders/overlords/etc were even counting on to begin with).

I personally don't see a problem with releasing a "dumbed down" Phoenix pack at the full pack's price (what we paid for). I might not even mind a "founder like" package as a possibility. These are my personal opinions as, I feel, if PGI can make money off it, then I feel they should. But, I understand the feelings of "we blind leaped into these purchases in good faith and took a risk to support, they shouldn't be able to get everything we did without the risks we took". (Call me on the fence if you wish, but I wish for PGI to make well on the game so the game I'm enjoying can continue to be in operations for years to come.)
I know I missed the founder's packs because I wasn't even aware this game was in existence at that time, and joined much later. I wouldn't be able to afford one anyway, but I do wish I could have to help support Mechwarrior back then. Now, as you said, it's too late. (Which is part of the reason I bought the Phoenix pack. Clan packs I feel are too pricy, so I have stayed away from them, because I'm broke anyway...)

#174 Naduk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:17 PM

I am 100% against a rerelease of any closed sale
It has been said before by others but my founders tag means more to me than any of my mechs ever will

What i would very much condone is a "ComStar call to arms" pack

With news of the invasion spreading and the signs of mass panic starting to show, comstar grows very consered
It answers this confirmed threat with a call to arms that will (might) rally the inner sphere

Make a mix bag of mechs, include a new variants of old mechs and a sprinkle of new chassis , paint them titanium white and package it up

Problem solved

#175 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:20 PM

View PostNaduk, on 16 September 2014 - 09:17 PM, said:

It has been said before by others but my founders tag means more to me than any of my mechs ever will

With news of the invasion spreading and the signs of mass panic starting to show, comstar grows very consered
It answers this confirmed threat with a call to arms that will (might) rally the inner sphere

Make a mix bag of mechs, include a new variants of old mechs and a sprinkle of new chassis , paint them titanium white and package it up

Problem solved

This idea receives...

THE ROADBEER STAMP OF APPROVAL

IMO, there really should have been a small IS pack sold before another Clan pack
Well, ideally I would have preferred a reboot of a relationship between PGI and its customers BEFORE a sale, but we can't have everything, amirite?

#176 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:23 PM

Re-release Founders pack? No, for all sorts of reasons.

Phoenix... I don't care honestly. If people want to punish themselves with a Locust they can never get rid of, that's their business. :P

Seriously though, as long as they don't get any of the bonuses from pre-ordering I have no problem with reselling the Phoenix pack.

#177 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:23 PM

View PostNaduk, on 16 September 2014 - 09:17 PM, said:

Problem solved

They could release the "pack" without the tags. Just a thought?

I could see a pack like your Comstar one. Would help them re-establish and fill out some chassis that still have some timeline available variants. Then they could still prerelease them like before...

#178 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:25 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 16 September 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

100% against it. It diminishes our support we gave you at the time.

They had their chance back then. And if they werent arround...well... you can't just show up late to the party and drink all the beer you want because you didn't have a chance to "chip in" when the beerrun was passing the hat.

I dunno. Everyone loves the guy who shows up late, sees the beer is running out and is sober and boss enough to go drive to the store and pick up a couple of flats on his own dime to keep the party rolling.

Edited by MischiefSC, 16 September 2014 - 09:25 PM.

#179 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:27 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 16 September 2014 - 09:25 PM, said:

I dunno. Everyone loves the guy who shows up late, sees the beer is running out and is sober and boss enough to go drive to the store and pick up a couple of flats on his own dime to keep the party rolling.

Which is always cool, but that's not what's happening here.
This is blatantly the "Whadda you mean there's no beer left? I chipped in. This is BS, somebody owes me a beer"
Ah, dude, you just got here like 20 minutes ago.

#180 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:28 PM

I'd say give Founders a permanent XP bonus in CW. That's what the big Founders thing was, right? CW? That's what you chipped in for?

You helped make this happen, you deserve extra. Selling 'founders mechs' to nubs makes money for MW:O and doesn't require new assets to be created. That has a lot of value to it. Selling packages works very, very well here.

I agree 100% that Founders deserve a big bonus for what they did - what they've stuck with too. I say Founders who log in by the end of the year should get a permanent buff to the XP they generate in CW. You put in your time and money in a way nobody else ever can and will. Mechs... meh. Founders mechs are alright but they're not incredible. Why not kill two birds with one stone -

Let people buy something akin to the founders package without the badges.

Give original Founders who show they're still around a permanent buff to their CW advancement, no matter what mech they pilot.

To me that seems like a good solution.

View PostRoadbeer, on 16 September 2014 - 09:27 PM, said:

Which is always cool, but that's not what's happening here.
This is blatantly the "Whadda you mean there's no beer left? I chipped in. This is BS, somebody owes me a beer"
Ah, dude, you just got here like 20 minutes ago.

yes, but people are takling about chipping in, spending a bunch of money for content that's already created. That's not a bad thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users