63 replies to this topic

#21 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:41 PM

Dat Krab.

I dislike large, slow assault 'mechs with an intense, burning passion...but I will admit, dat Krab is a hundred tons of sex on two hooves.

Good to see a bit of the Mad Dog in action (a bit...), and I kinda feel bad for Sean because nobody even remembers him after they finish off with Alex Let's Draw-ing the KGC.

#22 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:45 PM

Alex has once again shown why he is more than qualified to reenvision BT mech designs and other things in MWO. Brilliant. Maddog looks amazing and should be momentous to see one on the field.

BUT.... to be honest, I find MWO's sounds to be mostly underwhelming. There are some excellent ones but some sound canned and B grade. Examples are the IS lasers and some of the ballistics. To me the lasers sound cheap and underwhelming. No rush at all when you pull the trigger which, in a game, is massively important. MW4's laser sounds, with their thunderous ear-splitting crackle, were great and I loved pulling the trigger. MWO's ballistics in some cases, not all, sound like a pot being dropped. Sorry to be negative about this but I seriously thought many of these sounds were placeholders and I just needed to be patient. But, at this point, the sounds should not be weak or lack visceral excitement.

Edited by LakeDaemon, 20 September 2014 - 08:32 PM.

#23 Iyica de Tylmarande

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:23 PM

Why no paint crab red!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But in seriousness the King Crab looks amazing. I'm glad he made the CT/STs more compact, I was worried about that translating into actual game performance just from the art found on Sarna.net.

#24 Pet Dude

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUS West

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:33 PM

I want it to look so much like my pet Moon Crab.

#25 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:12 PM

View PostLancer Deistler, on 20 September 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

Hmmm i wonder if the claws of the King Crab could get the same mechanic as the missle bay doors of some mechs (e.g. on a Catapult). Would be cool to open and close them manually.

Not sure where I saw it (might have been forums, or twitter) but I believe Russ said 'that's the plan'.

#26 dwwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 476 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:15 PM

I wonder what he'd make of a marauder

#27 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:11 AM

Very interesting Dev Log this time, like it. The new assault mech the King Crap is really a class of it's own, different to its counterparts.

#28 Undercover Brother

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 323 posts
  • LocationThe Hood

Posted 21 September 2014 - 01:09 AM

I've been involved in BT and MW since the late 80's, and I never really liked the King Crab. Sure, it was devastating regarding sheer firepower, but it always looked weak/wimpy/ugly... THIS thing, would make me sh*t my pants, if I walked around a corner in an unblemished Timberwolf. Now, all I want is my King Crab!

#29 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:20 AM

Loving the look of the crab.

Are the claws gonna offer protection bonus on the weapons???
And if so, will they be animated like missile covers???
And if so, will they need to be opened or suffer a delay if you try and fire without opening them, like with missile covers????

Will the Vulture/Mad Dog be available as a normal mech, say 4 months down the line, or is it gonna be a mech only available to those with the cash to have bought all the clan mechs??

#30 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:04 AM

As a guy with a hearing problem a transcript is greatly appreciated.

Whoever is doing it. Thank you!

#31 JohnnyWayne

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:16 AM

Well .... The sound... I find the lack of music during gameplay disturbing.

The best track out there is the HPG - theme. And you could easily revamp it so that it would be perfect background music, even dynamic with battles. I don't think it is all done by saying "this is a MP title and they have no music".

#32 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:31 AM

View Postchewie, on 21 September 2014 - 02:20 AM, said:

Loving the look of the crab.

Are the claws gonna offer protection bonus on the weapons???
And if so, will they be animated like missile covers???
And if so, will they need to be opened or suffer a delay if you try and fire without opening them, like with missile covers????

Will the Vulture/Mad Dog be available as a normal mech, say 4 months down the line, or is it gonna be a mech only available to those with the cash to have bought all the clan mechs??

1-3 It seems so. If they have Claws to open, then they will work like missile doors.
I think it was mentioned in one of the interviews/twitters/posts that they are thinking of exactly this, but I can't find it anymore.

4. the vulture will be released in 3-4 months (MC/CB)
See here in the FAQ for the Clan Wave2 mechs:
http://mwomercs.com/...ons-wave-2-faq/

Q: When will these 'Mechs be available for MC or CBills?
A: As with our previous offerings, the Collections are meant to be higher-value options to receive a large number of Mechs slightly ahead of the curve as well; as receive a number of value-added goodies like Premium Time subscriptions and decorative items.
  • Vulture - December 16th for MC and January 20th for C-bills
  • Myst Lynx - Jan 6th for MC and Feb 3rd for C-bills
  • Ice Ferret - Jan 20th for MC and Feb 17th for C-bills
  • Hellbringer - Feb 3rd for MC and March 3rd for C-bills
  • Gargoyle - Feb 17th for MC and March 17th for C-bills

And for King Crab and other "anniversary bonus" mechs here:
http://mwomercs.com/...nniversary-faq/

When will the rewards appear in my inventory?
  • Cupcake Item: Within 0-15 minutes of match victory. You will have to accept a prompt in-game to redeem.
  • Active Player Reward: 0-15 minutes of completing the 100th match of the year. You will have to accept a prompt in-game to redeem.
  • Centurion CN9-AH: October 21st, 2014.
  • Atlas AS7-S: October 21st, 2014.
  • King Crab: December 16th, 2014.
  • Mad Dog: Starting September 23rd, 2014, and every following business day at approximately 4PM PDT / 7PM EDT / 11PM UTC.

#33 L Y N X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 629 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:53 AM

Sad Face that no mention about CW was in Dev Vlog #8.

I went searching for any past info on Community Warfare and notice one thing... All the older info on Cummunity warfare seems redacted or removed from the internet. Files posted on public sites are no longer available. All info on this site is only the recent stuff. No info about merc units being able to own planetary rights are available.

Another shifty shift in CW? What the heck is going on? We (TSF) formed our team over a year ago when CW was first announced. Part 2 is all faction warfare. Where is the info about Part 3? Where is the part about player teams holding planets? Is this another 1pv/3pv fiasco? What happened to the NEW PGI w/o IGP? just spin? Where's the beef?

Just looking for answers...

Edited by 7ynx, 21 September 2014 - 09:55 AM.

#34 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:06 PM

Cheers Reno. My understanding of it was that it was gonna be another *gold* mech. Except in this case, it was only going to be given to those who bought the masakari pack, and the man o war pack.

#35 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:46 PM

Sound Designers in this game = awesomeness! :D

#36 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:54 PM

Have we any official date to the Crab MC/CB release, or any infos, that it will be release ever for the "normal" players at all?

#37 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:13 AM

View PostSky Hawk, on 21 September 2014 - 05:54 PM, said:

Have we any official date to the Crab MC/CB release, or any infos, that it will be release ever for the "normal" players at all?

Yes.
Please check my post 4 posts above yours for dates and the links to the official posts of the FAQ :)

Edit:
Will the 'Mechs be available for MC and CBills?
  • Yes, though without the 30% C-Bill reward bonus and the custom paint-job. Standard variants will be provided future release dates for MC and CBills as we approach the deadline for delivery to those who have earned these Mechs through the above rewards.
The King Crab will be roughly Dec/Jan for MC/CB same time as the Vulture(Mad Dog).

Q: When will these 'Mechs be available for MC or CBills?
A: As with our previous offerings, the Collections are meant to be higher-value options to receive a large number of Mechs slightly ahead of the curve as well; as receive a number of value-added goodies like Premium Time subscriptions and decorative items.
  • Vulture - December 16th for MC and January 20th for C-bills
  • Myst Lynx - Jan 6th for MC and Feb 3rd for C-bills
  • Ice Ferret - Jan 20th for MC and Feb 17th for C-bills
  • Hellbringer - Feb 3rd for MC and March 3rd for C-bills
  • Gargoyle - Feb 17th for MC and March 17th for C-bills

Edited by Reno Blade, 22 September 2014 - 12:17 AM.

#38 BA Dillard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO.

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:47 AM

King Crab art looks brilliant. I continue to be impressed with PGI's excellent renditions of all mechs. Can't wait to get my Crab!

Mad Dog looks awesome in action!

Well done!

#39 Kes Moreau

• PipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 40 posts
  • LocationJade Falcon Invasion Corridor

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:14 AM

Can't wait to get my hands on my Mad Doge tomorrow. Keep up the good work PGI. Please, please, please hurry on some new maps. I know they're in the works but the wait is killing me.

#40 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:43 AM

Thank you @Reno!

Sorry, I missed somehow this sentence in the official texts (actually, I still can't find it nowhere, my bad..):

View PostReno Blade, on 22 September 2014 - 12:13 AM, said:

The King Crab will be roughly Dec/Jan for MC/CB same time as the Vulture(Mad Dog).

And I missunderstood this parts, likely very badly:

View PostReno Blade, on 21 September 2014 - 04:31 AM, said:

When will the rewards appear in my inventory?

- King Crab: December 16th, 2014.

I thought, it means, that the double package owners, become it as rewards on Dec 16th, not everyone else... But, I am happy, that I was wrong...

Sorry, my english is just basic level so, I missunderstand many things... Thank you for your info!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users