744 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:20 PM

Please let us know your thoughts on Russ' latest update!

Spoiler

#2 Destructicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:27 PM

More roadmaps!
This is an awesome way to give people something to look forward to.

Edited by Destructicus, 29 September 2014 - 02:27 PM.

#3 Kanajashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 317 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:28 PM

Looks like I need to revise my jump jet tutorial a little now.

#4 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:28 PM

Great ideas on the implementation, guys. Sounds like a balanced way to make JJs more useful.

#5 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:29 PM

Give the battlemaster quirks for its medium lasers and MPL! every battlemaster has them one way or another!

#6 EgoSlayer

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

All sounds like goodness. Are the IS mech quirks going to be rolled out in waves, e.g. All Tier 5 mechs, then tier 4, etc? Or is there some other selection criteria being used, e.g. most frequently used mechs, etc?

#7 El Maestro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 464 posts
  • LocationVleuten, Netherlands

Excellent stuff! keep up the good work!

#8 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:30 PM

I love feature roadmaps!

Looks good, really looking forward to clan mechs suffering a penalty upon losing a ST as well as more quirks for the IS. Exciting news!

#9 StompyRobot100

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts

the omni fixed JJs in places that they arent currently fixed will brake A LOT of builds that have no real reason to be broken..... I'm not sure how I feel about that. I guess I shall hold my judgement for the time being as the rest of that seems pretty OK with me

#10 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Nice! Now get rid of ghost heat, so that the game actually makes sense! ~Smirks

#11 RedDragon

• 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:31 PM

we have decided to not make movement a part of the penalty but to save that for some future implementation on the effects of heat on your 'Mechs functionality.

Does this mean we may at last get a proper heat scale? If so - that is really good news!
As is the quirk system working towards making the variants unique.

Did you consider toying with the quirk system to make stock configs more attractive? I.e. a mech will lose its positive quirks/get negative quirks if it is modified? That would be a really cool feature promoting use of less used variants.

#12 PyckenZot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 870 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAnderlecht, Belgium

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

Every update I get happier and happier! Keep it up gents!

#13 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 29 September 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

Please let us know your thoughts on Russ' latest update!

Spoiler

Looking VERY GOOD.

You consulted with some of the competitive community (would prefer LORDS/ SJR even top european teams) and are re-visiting some important issues.

I would still love to see the PPC re-touched a bit ( a slight buff) just to see it into gameplay again because it's virtually non-existent as is poptarting, but small progress steps nevertheless!

#14 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:33 PM

View PostEgoSlayer, on 29 September 2014 - 02:29 PM, said:

All sounds like goodness. Are the IS mech quirks going to be rolled out in waves, e.g. All Tier 5 mechs, then tier 4, etc? Or is there some other selection criteria being used, e.g. most frequently used mechs, etc?

All at once. They will always be constantly reviewed for tweaking and improving but this big pass will be all IS mechs.

#15 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:33 PM

Very interesting. Looks like all good changes and adjustments at face value. Especially looking forward to the quirk system changes coming up especially for IS mechs.

The reward system for running low queued mechs like lights and mediums could be nice... especially since I run Mediums a lot.

Curious how the JJ changes will maybe work on something like the Jester which got nerfed heavily in the changes cause it can only take 2 JJ.

Edited by DarthPeanut, 29 September 2014 - 02:35 PM.

#16 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:34 PM

Variant-specific JJ locking: owch...

Looks like my C-Gauss + 7x C-ERML Timber Wolf's going to be going down to 6 lasers shortly. Too bad - I liked the symmetry of having a laser in each torso section.

Aside from my own personal pain, however, it looks like a lot of good stuff. The additional jump jet and fall damage tweaks will be more than welcome, and I've been telling people to wait and see what the IS Quirk overhaul's going to do to game balance for, like...a couple of weeks now. Good to see some hints of where the direction's going. Thanks for the update, Russ.

#17 fleshwoundNPG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGreencastle, Indiana USA

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:35 PM

The fixed JJs will ruin a couple of my Timber Wolf builds (not just the S), for I do not use JJs and use an omnipod S on a couple of my builds. Would be easier/better to just quirk the hell out of the Summoner/Nova/etc. with the fixed JJs.

...but I understand why this is being implimented. Damn, just spent a boatload of c-bills modding my T-Wolf with an S omnipod this morning...

(EDIT: Yep, this is the Timber Wolf Nerf a lot of you have been waiting for)

Edited by fleshwoundNPG, 29 September 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#18 Kanajashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 317 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:41 PM

View Post1453 R, on 29 September 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

Variant-specific JJ locking: owch...

Looks like my C-Gauss + 7x C-ERML Timber Wolf's going to be going down to 6 lasers shortly. Too bad - I liked the symmetry of having a laser in each torso section.

Aside from my own personal pain, however, it looks like a lot of good stuff. The additional jump jet and fall damage tweaks will be more than welcome, and I've been telling people to wait and see what the IS Quirk overhaul's going to do to game balance for, like...a couple of weeks now. Good to see some hints of where the direction's going. Thanks for the update, Russ.

With 2 JJs fixed in the side torsos, there wont be any space to use the gauss on that TBR-S RT. 7 out of the 12 will be already used (2 armor, 1 structure, 2 engine, 2 JJs) leaving only 5 which is 1 too small for the 6 crit gauss.

Edited by Kanajashi, 29 September 2014 - 02:42 PM.

#19 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:42 PM

WOOOO IS MECH QUIRKS!!! This is 10000% what the IS mechs needed. After seeing the change to the Awesome I am anxious to see what new life my mechs are given. Praise the Mech-ssurection.

#20 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:43 PM

View PostRedDragon, on 29 September 2014 - 02:31 PM, said:

Does this mean we may at last get a proper heat scale? If so - that is really good news! As is the quirk system working towards making the variants unique. Did you consider toying with the quirk system to make stock configs more attractive? I.e. a mech will lose its positive quirks/get negative quirks if it is modified? That would be a really cool feature promoting use of less used variants.

A Heat system and how your mech behaves is not something in development yet.

As to stock builds, the quirks wherever possible were created with this in mind or a combination of stock load outs and just what ends up being most effective in MWO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users