For Crying Out Loud, Delete Terra Therma From Rotation.

131 replies to this topic

#21 NeonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSurrey, BC, Canada

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:45 AM

Is it because we capped you out earlier and even though you killed 9 of our team still lost to Win Condition #1: Capture the Enemy Base?

If you REALLY do not want to lose to base capture, I hear PGI Implemented a game mode specifically for folks who feel as you do. Rumor has it, it is called.....Skirmish.

Edited by NeonKnight, 30 September 2014 - 05:47 AM.

#22 Mavairo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Terra Therma is a great map, lots of switchbacks, alleyways, choke points, and elevation play. Heat levels on the map that make heat management more important than other maps, and an overall fun layout.

The only map in this game that needs to be removed is Caustic Valley. Completely unimaginative, nowhere near the strategic diversity the other maps boast, and a fugly colorscheme. It's boring, and poorly designed.

#23 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

View Post151st Light Horse Regiment, on 30 September 2014 - 04:59 AM, said:

One of the most pathetic, terrible maps ever.

I don't dislike the map. I dislike how people play on the map.

For the love of little green pickles, people! STAY OUT OF THE PUG ZAPPER!!!!!!!

#24 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:47 AM

View PostEgomane, on 30 September 2014 - 05:03 AM, said:

And yet, all polls ever made on that subject, are against a removal of TT, with a massive lead in favor of keeping it.

So maybe it is just you and few others, who don't like it?

Wasn't it only 1 poll? I'll bet if the poll was about reducing the chance Terra Therma appears in rotation, it will get a resounding YES.

Sumone should make such a poll.

Edited by El Bandito, 30 September 2014 - 05:48 AM.

#25 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:49 AM

It was tollerable at best in a light playing conquest before they jacked up that cap timers.

IMO if they took the entire mid out and replaced it with terrain the same as the rest of the map it would be better. It is a very simple one dimensional map that seems to require the least amount of skill aside from heat management. You either defend mid, push mid, or go left or right around a hill outside. Endless funneling of players no matter where you are or how you play it.

#26 FitzSimmons

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:53 AM

I dislike Terra Therma, but it has a lot more to do with being left hanging in the mid by my teammates than the map itself. The heat and lava make it frustrating, but in a challenging, fun way.

#27 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:00 AM

View PostMickey Knoxx, on 30 September 2014 - 05:49 AM, said:

It was tollerable at best in a light playing conquest before they jacked up that cap timers.

IMO if they took the entire mid out and replaced it with terrain the same as the rest of the map it would be better. It is a very simple one dimensional map that seems to require the least amount of skill aside from heat management. You either defend mid, push mid, or go left or right around a hill outside. Endless funneling of players no matter where you are or how you play it.

I'd go the other way and force them to enlarge the map and add at least one more major battle feature of equal importance forcing the choices of engage a fortified enemy, base rush or base defense even more. Same goes for Alpine Peaks and Caustic Valley.

Maybe that would be a great way to keep people happy with maps, go back and expand with assets you already have if possible. If done right, they could become part of the CW map collection which are supposed to be massive.

Edited by Kjudoon, 30 September 2014 - 06:01 AM.

#28 Arctourus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 482 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:00 AM

I like therma ok...just wish it didn't drop so frequently. And I actually like alpine the best. To each his own.

#29 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:03 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 30 September 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

I don't dislike the map. I dislike how people play on the map.

For the love of little green pickles, people! STAY OUT OF THE PUG ZAPPER!!!!!!!

I don't so much mind when my team goes pug-zapper... when they actually push through and gain foothold.

It's when they stack like saltine crackers in the entrances and spend more time shooting their teammates in the back than they do the opposing forces I cringe with despair.

Sometimes I daydream of dropping arty on them just to put them out of their misery... :ph34r:

:P

Edited by DaZur, 30 September 2014 - 06:04 AM.

#30 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:04 AM

View PostDaZur, on 30 September 2014 - 06:03 AM, said:

I don't so much mind when my team goes pug-zapper... when they actually push through and gain foothold.

It's when they stack like saltine crackers in the entrances and spend more time shooting their teammates in the back than they do the opposing forces.

Sometimes I daydream of dropping arty on them just to put them out of their misery... :ph34r:

:P

That's been dubbed: Operation Doorstop. Go up to the entrance, stand there and let the door repeatedly slam into you over and over and over again. It always leads to failure.

Hence... STAY OUT OF THE PUG ZAPPER!!!!!

#31 Clint Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 567 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:21 AM

View PostFut, on 30 September 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

Because Terra Therma is the type of environment that Humans would want to build a little city in...

I said city because that implies buildings, it could be a huge refinery, like in Caustic. as long as there is some other point of interest on the map. As it is you can only reference the bases and center, so everyone goes center.

#32 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:26 AM

Its a pretty good map, it can be frustrating but that is more due to player actions than the map itself.

#33 Jonny Taco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 706 posts
  • Locationan island

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:29 AM

TT is bar none the worst map in the game.

IT makes no sense, looks like crap, and plays like crap.

This map is a perfect example of what is wrong with mwo maps. This map is boring to look at, completely illogical, way too "Gamey", and completely lacks any immersive value.

I'm right there with the OP, delete this POS Lord of the Ring imposter map and replace it with something that actually feels like battle tech.

#34 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:32 AM

Crying for removal of Terra Therma is not very cool ... ever took a look at our ginormous map pool lately ?

And whats the biggie with it ?
Bored of center ? Errrmmm, how abut using the rest of the map as well, sirs ?

#35 DoctorDetroit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:36 AM

If your team can agree to stay out of the middle it is alot better...but for some reason ppl dont get that.

#36 Funkadelic Mayhem

• Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:55 AM

View PostFut, on 30 September 2014 - 05:04 AM, said:

What makes it so terrible?

Because he and everyone else that hates the map always go to the same place each and every time to fight it out. Then wonder why they hate it. Ignoring 3/4 of the map that has awesome places to fight.

It would be nice if PGI could put some sort of random objective on mordor and Alpine to force the fight in different places.

Edited by Funkadelic Mayhem, 30 September 2014 - 08:45 AM.

#37 Malagant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:11 AM

A good compromise would be to allow players to select two maps they can remove from consideration in the match maker. That way, you don't get a couple maps you don't like, but the match maker doesn't bog down so much for the rest of us.

#38 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:11 AM

View PostFunkadelic Mayhem, on 30 September 2014 - 06:55 AM, said:

Because he and everyone else that hates the map always go to the same place each and every time to fight it out. Ignoring 3/4 of the map that has awesome places to fight.

It would be nice if PGI could put some sort of random objective on mordor and Alpine to force the fight in different places.

Id like a cavern system below Mt. Tryhard on Alpine. Maybe some low lying dense fog to help hide movements from the lower base (Assault) on Apline as well.

As for Terra, I'm not sure what could help pathing on that map.

#39 Tuefel Hunden

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:18 AM

Make a cooler mech... problem solved.

#40 Destructicus

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:28 AM

Op also has a thread about how he dies in the Direwolf too much, the general consensus there is that he likes to run into the middle of fights.
Given that thread it's not to far of a stretch that he doesn't know how to manage heat well either.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users