#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:55 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 30 September 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

I have updated the release dates a bit, lots will come in for the 21st it looks like.

Also here is the Tier list we are using, I am sure plenty of debate will ensue. I will listen to requested changes but remember everyone will want to push their favorite down the tier list so it can get more buffs. This was created with great consideration from those that are always looking for the most competitive builds.

Another note is remember that the negative quirks on the Victor have been flushed so it is now considered a tier 1 mech again, which is why it is listed as such.

Another note is to remember that the existing quirks we gave the Awesome, Dragon, Centurion and Hunchback are being flushed for new ones that go a lot further

Posted Image

Edited by Nikolai Lubkiewicz, 30 September 2014 - 03:35 PM.
10 Points to FupDup

#2 Scratx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:02 PM

Many systems don't like Bobby Tables, either, but what can you do other than sanitize inputs. :P

Seems I have to go find the original post to get a fixed table.

#3 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 30 September 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

Apparently, Quotes don't like Tables.

Duly noted.

In saying that, I'm actually wondering why none of the medium mechs are considered Tier 1. The Shadowhawk is almost certainly the best of the medium mechs IS side, and I'd argue far more ubiquitous and used than either the Victor or the Jenner. Can I ask for reasoning on that?

#4 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

That list isn't horrid.

I wouldn't call either the Ember or JR7-F tier one though, and I would bump up at least the GRF-3M and SHD-2D2/2K/etc. up to tier one. The Jagermech is also solidly tier 2 and I wouldn't hesitate placing the Ilya there either. Highlanders need to get bumped down heavily, they are unplayable and pointless with how bad their JJs are. The Kintaros also need to be bumped, they are not tier 3 in any sense of the word since they are completely outclassed by Shadowhawks.

Edited by Adiuvo, 30 September 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#5 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:03 PM

Well that's neat, can we see the Clan tier list too?

#6 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:05 PM

That's a nice tier list. I do have a few disagreements with it though:

1. Move the Griffin Sparky up to tier 2. I feel that it's at least on-par with most other Griffins, if not slightly more powerful due to its good laser alpha. I say this as somebody who bought it recently, and do better/equal with it than most of my other mediums. Also, are GRF-S and GRF-1E both referring to the Sparky? If so, the mech is listed twice lol.

2. Shadow Hawk 2H can move down to tier 3. Its ability to carry only 1 energy is a massive disadvantage. 3 missile hardpoints are okay, but can be done by other variants. Its distinguishing trait is having 3 ballistic hardpoints, which are hard to utilize on a medium mech with limited tonnage to play with. You'd either end up with MGs, which aren't that great, or 3 AC/2, which can do okay but isn't impressive.

3. The Shadow Hawk 5M *might* be able to move down to tier 3. It's not a weak variant at all, but not a strong one either. It doesn't really specialize at any one task. Keeping it at tier 2 isn't the end of the world though.

Edited by FupDup, 30 September 2014 - 06:30 PM.

#7 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

View PostGrey Black, on 30 September 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

Duly noted.

In saying that, I'm actually wondering why none of the medium mechs are considered Tier 1. The Shadowhawk is almost certainly the best of the medium mechs IS side, and I'd argue far more ubiquitous and used than either the Victor or the Jenner. Can I ask for reasoning on that?

It looks like they're ranking the mechs in terms of overall game impact, not strictly in view of only weight class.

#8 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

View PostMetus regem, on 30 September 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

Well that's neat, can we see the Clan tier list too?

I wouldn't think we should, this is only to give us an idea of how heavily mechs are getting buffed/nerfed IS side. Clan side isn't getting a quirk pass anytime soon.

#9 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Niko, a quick look-over that list seems to lack a Catapult C1, did I just overlook it or is it really not there?

Edit : Nevermind, it's there on Tier 4.

Edited by Scratx, 30 September 2014 - 01:07 PM.

#10 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:07 PM

View PostScratx, on 30 September 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

Niko, a quick look-over that list seems to lack a Catapult C1, did I just overlook it or is it really not there?

Tier 3 heavy.

#11 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:07 PM

That's actually a lot better than I was afraid it was going to be. Practically nothing on the Spheroid side is in the top-end, NOQUIRKSFORJOO bucket, which...frankly sounds about right. Plenty of Tier 2s that can compete with Tier 1s in good hands and good circumstances, but they seem to be erring on the side of generosity here, which is fantastic.

Good work, Fishmen. For what incredibly little it's worth, I approve.

#12 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:09 PM

Cool I agree with most of that.

Should the BNC-3M be up to Tier 4 from Tier 3 though? No ballistic or missile, strictly energy boat... not quite as useful as the 3S and definitely not as powerful as the 3E....

#13 Ronan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

All the mechs I like to run are Tier4 or 5... might explain some things...

#14 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

I think there can be "some debate" over the Tier-list, but for the most part, anything in Tier-3 to Tier-5 is pretty much the bulk of the mediocrity to bad IS mechs that exist in this game. Tier-1 to Tier-2 seems "correct"... maybe I'll put up a tier list myself just because I'm bored as heck.

#15 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

View PostGrey Black, on 30 September 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

I wouldn't think we should, this is only to give us an idea of how heavily mechs are getting buffed/nerfed IS side. Clan side isn't getting a quirk pass anytime soon.

Oh I know, just me wondering how the clan side of things are going to look after wave 2...

#16 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:10 PM

Im confused that a jenner with 6 energy is tier 1 but a firestarter with 6 energy is tier 3.

#17 MightyMeatShield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 166 posts
  • LocationWest Coast!

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:10 PM

These tier lists look interesting. I think some of the Tier 3 firestarters and the Oxide could probably be in Tier 2. Suprised there are no Tier 1 mediums on the list. Happy to see the bulk of the Thunderbolts and the Awesomes down in Tier 5.

Edit: Where's the Huggin?

Edited by MightyMeatShield, 30 September 2014 - 01:14 PM.

#18 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostMerryIguana, on 30 September 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

Im confused that a jenner with 6 energy is tier 1 but a firestarter with 6 energy is tier 3.

Might be due to the Jenner having better torso pitch, and more critslots to play with due to no LAA and a slightly higher engine rating.

#19 orcrist86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:12 PM

Nice list. Will require lots of study.

#20 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:12 PM

Not saying the JR7-F is a bad mech, but honestly I don't see how light laser boats are all that great because IS lasers themselves aren't that great, primarily because small & medium lasers are too hot, pulse lasers are too heavy, and small lasers are just bleh whether it's the extremely short range or the beam duration that's too long or the cooldown that's too long, and then of course there's all the damage spreading that inherently comes with lasers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users