• The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:34 AM

For the moment i have try this three configuration :

PRIME :
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...90d5ff249af7c34
3xSRM4 + ML

It's great against bigger target, you have to stay with the group and provide anti ECM with the fixed BAP. Very good damages but lack of ammos and speed. It's very fragile but very small (smaller than a Commando)

B :
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9ae4e2b35f8be58
4xSPL

This one is surprisingly the most efficient, the SPL are very manageable, i prefer to run the armor at the maximum. If you reduce it you can have an other DHS. It's deadly against bad lights pilots, the SPL duration and damages are just very good for hit and run tactics, but remember that you are slow!! The quirks on pulse lasers are making this weapons viable again. It's far better for the heat and duration compare to ML.

C :
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...af978446572dd73
This one is only good for ECM support. Problem is that since the nerf, ECM aren't very viable now. Any BAP lights will make you useless. Whith the fixed BAP i'm thinking to remove the ECM arm and use something different, maybe with the MG arm.

The two big defaults of the chassi that you have to keep in mind :
You are slow for a light mech, very very slow.
You arms are huge compare to the total size of the mech. Especialy the Omnipod B for the left arm : two missiles box and a laser make the arm Huge...

I think it's possible to have great match in this chassis, it's not DOA for me.

#42 John80sk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:16 AM

PGI takes away my poopy dragons and replaces them with poopy clan mechs. The plus side to poopy mechs is they're a lot more fun to build. So far I've had moderate success with a couple builds with performance in the 400-700 damage range. Not exceptional, but passable, and I figure it'll get better once I get it past basic.

3SPL/2SRM4
3ML/2SRM4

General notes on the mech so far:
1) The thing is about useless if you strap the ECM pod on it. Unless you plan on just being a team ECM umbrella I'd suggest not bothering with it.
2) The B side torso's give armor bonuses.

But yeah, it's not super great. At least it doesn't look like a refrigerator.

#43 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:30 AM

I am quite liking 2 lrm5s with one erml and ecm

others are
1erml 3ssrm2s

2erml 2mpl <-- tis a hot build

#44 Foxwalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 962 posts
  • LocationLost on Thunder Rift

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:10 AM

I am suprised no one has posted this as a possibility for a Hero MLX:

(From Sarna.net)
Alt. Config. G
A fearsome anti-infantry configuration, the Mist Lynx G carries eight Heavy Machine Guns that are linked to two Machine Gun Arrays. In addition to this, the 'Mech has four ER Small Lasers for use against hard targets

#45 Bluefalcon13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:15 AM

Take a D for a spin... UAC2, ermlas, erslas.

Not really effective, but dakka fun :P

#46 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:12 AM

I've been trying the Missing Link since yesterday evening. Hit registration problems do not plague this little fellow. I played about 4-5 games and eventually had a kill and about 600 damage (4ERML) by virtue of not being noticed... Very tricky...

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 21 November 2014 - 01:12 AM.

#47 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:00 AM

View PostFoxwalker, on 20 November 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

I am suprised no one has posted this as a possibility for a Hero MLX:

(From Sarna.net)
Alt. Config. G
A fearsome anti-infantry configuration, the Mist Lynx G carries eight Heavy Machine Guns that are linked to two Machine Gun Arrays. In addition to this, the 'Mech has four ER Small Lasers for use against hard targets

few problems...

1) MGA will not be added to the game any time soon.
2) What will 4 energy and 2 ballistic add to the mist lynx? it'll just be a slower pirates bane with no ecm. (MGA counts as a single ballistic weapon)

View PostBluefalcon13, on 20 November 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

Take a D for a spin... UAC2, ermlas, erslas.

Not really effective, but dakka fun :P

Better then the stock prime xD I am running the D, I find it to higher effect, at least 100-300 damage instead of 20-100 damage.

#48 MechWarrior679696

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWhere you don't want to be

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:20 AM

So far I've found two builds that work for me:

a ) A heavily armored coward's build using 1xSPL and 2xLRM5 with 2.5 tons of ammo. You stay at long range and cover your team with the ECM and basically spam your LRMs until you run out of ammo, then dash in and use the pulse laser's DPS to harass the enemy team all you can. Loads of assist points, hopefully a successful battle.

b ) A hit and run insan-o build with 1xERPPC. You hug the outsides of your team's furball and lay down suppressive fire, using your ECM to hide and reposition constantly while tracking the enemy's ECM mechs all you can, disabling their EW as much as possible. When things start to thin out, you kick your mobility into full gear and start going for the flanks, popping in and out and trying to spot the damaged Heavies and Assaults, trying to make use of pinpoint damage or splash to hit their weak spots and distract them. You'll have a fairly hard time of it, as you don't nearly have the heat management to keep firing constantly, but you can make it work. Either build has netted me >300 damage fairly consistently, which I consider decent for a utility light.

Edited by Mr Huge, 21 November 2014 - 04:21 AM.

#49 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:47 AM

I've seen a 700 damage Mist Lynx C with two medium pulse lasers. Seemed pretty effective for the guy's build.

#50 MechWarrior679696

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWhere you don't want to be

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:17 AM

View PostVaskadar, on 21 November 2014 - 04:47 AM, said:

I've seen a 700 damage Mist Lynx C with two medium pulse lasers. Seemed pretty effective for the guy's build.

Well, that would work. You can squeeze on an AMS then, in addition to the ECM and the practically maxed armor. However, the Lynx is still a frail little thing, and I sort of feel like it's a tiny bit of a waste of the BAP.

#51 FearNotDeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 305 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:32 AM

Just finished elite trees working on masters now.

Posted Image

Trick I've learned is never be seen like at all, even jump shot if you have to do a full burn to 3/4 of your jump jets used you should have time to full burn off your Er mediums before you hit the ground and save your legs with the remaining 1/4 fuel. You have 6 jump jets always keep moving and make yourself as hard to hit as possible. Fire all 4 when you can then hide till you cool set up a group for each arm when you just need a little bit of damage or corner peeking and you should be good.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...bb3a36466ea9006
^ Here is the build thanks for Gman129

#52 Foxwalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 962 posts
  • LocationLost on Thunder Rift

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:22 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 21 November 2014 - 03:00 AM, said:

few problems...

1) MGA will not be added to the game any time soon.
2) What will 4 energy and 2 ballistic add to the mist lynx? it'll just be a slower pirates bane with no ecm. (MGA counts as a single ballistic weapon)

Better then the stock prime xD I am running the D, I find it to higher effect, at least 100-300 damage instead of 20-100 damage.

The "Array" terminology may be used, but the G variant is from the 3050 Tech Read out. So 8 Machine guns it is not 2 Machine guns, so your 2 MG is not the same thing.

And boy are you a Debbie downer... The thread is theory crafting after all.

Edited by Foxwalker, 23 November 2014 - 03:24 PM.

#53 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:44 AM

View PostFoxwalker, on 23 November 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

The "Array" terminology may be used, but the G variant is from the 3050 Tech Read out. So 8 Machine guns it is not 2 Machine guns, so your 2 MG is not the same thing.

And boy are you a Debbie downer... The thread is theory crafting after all.

well, guess array and Sarnas constant changing termololooology is confussing me quite a bit. (LRM 15 one minute, "15 tubed LRM launcher" the next, AC 20 then, "Large bore cannon" now, Rating 20 Auto cannon then. Sarna, make up your mind)

Well, 8 ballistics, wow. But it seems like it makes parts of the prime obselete....
And if it's 3050 tech readout. Why not simply ADD the omni pods/ the actual mech instead? (next year, atm it's 3049... barely)

Would be fun to see this. It's something to look forward to... Piranha will not come any time soon.

#54 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:05 AM

Simply put, if you want to run an ECM Mist Lynx this mech needs to be modified in the next patch.

It's a fun mech when you go with offensive builds but if you're like me and run ECMs exclusively on mechs that can handle them, you are useless the second that single weaponized arm snaps off like a twig (which happens far too often).

#55 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:43 AM

View PostNUJRSYDEVIL, on 20 December 2014 - 08:05 AM, said:

Simply put, if you want to run an ECM Mist Lynx this mech needs to be modified in the next patch.

It's a fun mech when you go with offensive builds but if you're like me and run ECMs exclusively on mechs that can handle them, you are useless the second that single weaponized arm snaps off like a twig (which happens far too often).

Well pretty much the main reason to run ECM on a light mech is to fight at range.

My myst linx with a ER large laser and ER Medium laser does very great in CW, it supports the other mechs with an ecm bubble and it keeps snipping at enemies, I once did a 1k damage in CW before dying in the mist lynx (which was my first mech in CW so the number was accurate).

however quirks for all clan mechs could fix your arm problem there.

#56 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:00 PM

I have been using my mist lynx as the first Mech in my drop deck for CW. ecm, erppc, erppc range and cool down modules that are maxed just need to master it to fit in the shock absorbance module.

Been working really well just sitting back or up on a hill being a spotter yelling locations and orders to my pug filled CW teams while the entire time lobbing ppc shots at the enemy mechs. Can do 600 damage and I am still a bad shot with a ppc and timing it at longer ranges.

This play style would be terrible outside of CW other than say alpine or tourmaline tho.

#57 0111101

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:06 PM

Equip two ERLLs on your Mist Lynx, one on each arm. Thank me later.

Just a quick note though: you WILL have to shave off a gratuitous amount of armor and you WILL NOT be able to take ECM. Just use the Radar Deprivation module and you'll be fine. I get at least 300 damage a game this way, usually 400 and sometimes 500 if the match goes long enough and I position myself well.

If you really want ECM and dislike stripping armor off your mech for more tonnage, try ECM and 1 LPL or 1 PPC. I find that the PPC is too hot for my liking, but is good for shooting on the move. The single LPL is good for sustained supporting fire from a vantage point (although I would say the 2 ERLL does a better job of this, albeit with no ECM).

TL;DR - the Mist Lynx is not a duelist and should not be compared to IS lights. It is a spotter capable of taking high vantage points because of its powerful jump jets. Your use of communication or lack thereof goes a long way in determining the effectiveness of this 'mech.

Edited by 0111101, 20 January 2015 - 02:10 PM.

#58 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:14 PM

actually had some fun today with these.

I switch my prime to 2xLRM5+ML+ECM and it was actually fun to use because of the JJs

also put one at 2xMPL+2XSPL (was 4xSPL before)

the C though....I don't know...I was using ECM+LPL or ECM+ERLL, worse of the bunch

#59 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:02 PM

know what...I've been having an oddly fun time with the C with just an ERLL + TC2. just bothering the other team by JJ into places and shooting them from behind.

#60 MechWarrior5152251

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:52 AM

Myth Lynx is HUGE for a 25 ton mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users