Mist Lynx (Koshi) Theorycrafting

67 replies to this topic

#61 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:56 AM

I suspect this is coming from people who spent money on a linx, my prime has been pushed in the corner for a few years now... just now with the release of the g model , it's good again ...

But I'm not sharing my build you have to figure that out your self

#62 Win Ott

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 153 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Southern Reach

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:20 AM

View PostBurning2nd, on 20 August 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

I suspect this is coming from people who spent money on a linx, my prime has been pushed in the corner for a few years now... just now with the release of the g model , it's good again ...

But I'm not sharing my build you have to figure that out your self

Yeah, man! My Prime is awesome now!

#63 mistlynx4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:12 PM

Is this where I post the Zero Damage build, where I bring NARC, TAG, LMS, and ECM with an empty SRM2 (no ammo but it's a valid build to drop with) and just spend the entire time calling out targets to focus? lol

What I'm loving so much is that because everyone hates the MG Lynxes, if you only bring a couple you get put right back into the 'low-priority' category in battle. Just keep underestimating us, Reds... ;)

#mistlynx4life

#64 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:33 AM

MLX is always low priority when I'm around cuz it runs with no arms. Posted Image

Edited by The Basilisk, 03 November 2017 - 01:33 AM.

#65 Larsh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 272 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYinz all going to EnP at PGH n'at?

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:02 AM

Old thread is old.

But, I wanted to share a fun ECM build that I've come up with. Thank you PGI for that laser hardpoint G Side torso!

#66 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:13 PM

Finally, found the right thread, fortunately I'm a necromancer....Posted Image

This was one of my first builds, I should move some armor from the head to the ECM arm. But, overall, it's a good mech to learn on, pretty tanky too, as long as you keep moving and/or only expose your self while flying backwards/sideways shooting them in the face.

Posted Image

you better believe it can put down the hurt on tier 5 players, but it's less useful in the rotatoe grenado, so I started experimenting.

This works good,

Posted Image

but suffers from being fragile. Still, with ECM, it does ok. Unfortunately, when you start to brawl it's fragility really shows. Especially that right torso. And that right arm, basically, it's armor is terrible so you have to take care to not fight alone. If you try to go it solo- soon as you shoot them, ECM or not, they are generally gonna turn to fight you. Can't take a lot of incoming fire either, so stick with your team, and only step out to shoot them in the face when you are standing behind your little orphan anniedire, or pop tarting (gently). It can be a little nerve wracking too, since any one of those alphas flying by will wreck you in one shot (friend or foe...)

This one is slightly better,

Posted Image

since ECM is useless in a brawl anyways, and the armor is just a hair better. Plus all the weapons are in the arms, so it makes brawling while flying much easier. I just slave 1 to laser, and 2 to machine gun, unlock the arms, and go for it. Got some great scores in this thing.

But eventually, after running out of 1/2 ton of lmg ammo, for the 20th time, I was like "grrrrrr" and got to tinkering again.

Posted Image

have yet to run this one, but if it don't look like fun... looks like it would be great at helping to keep lights away from the group.

And here is my current favorite.

Posted Image

The right arm has a 15% MG rate of fire bonus, offsetting some of the loss of two machine guns, and a -5% laser cooldown... helps a little. Where it really shines is the armor rating. I was able to shave enough off to get a full ton of MG ammo while still keeping a respectable amount of armor. You can knock it down to a half ton of ammo, if you want to be as tanky as possible. And it does still run out sometime, but if you try to keep it to short controlled bursts you can save some for later in the fight when you can hunt for cored mechs. I suppose you could swap a heatsink for the mg/ammo, but it doesn't run that hot anyways. And those 2-4 MG really make a difference IMHO, they even have a little more range than the MPL, so they are useful for harassing fire.

#67 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:21 PM

Here it is with only 1/2 ton of ammo, pretty tanky, but you'll have to conserve ammo for later in the fight, (use short, controlled bursts early in the fight)

Posted Image

#68 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 05:05 PM

This is now a haiku thread.

Mist Lynx how I wish
That your arms were upside down
No can haz firemoth

eta:

Posted Image

Edited by John McClintock, 22 May 2019 - 05:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users