• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:19 AM

View PostFlash Frame, on 15 October 2014 - 11:26 PM, said:

you're missing the point of this.

You can fire 2 gauss together? yeah?

So macro 2-2 gauss together like this, as shown at the end of the video. That is DEVASTATING... 60 damage pinpoint, at relatively the same location due to the speed of the macro.

I used to yell, and scream at anyone who would listen about how Macros are a 3rd party cheat, because they circumvent your personal ability to time things, to do it for you. I was told, over and over again, that no, macro's are not a cheat, and that they are totally valid.

This goes to show you that no, it's essentially cheating. It's a turbo button. There is a reason Turbo controllers are not allowed at MLG gaming events. So why is there an acceptance of utilizing Macro software to do the same thing?

I just don't understand the mentality.

Yeah, when PGI said they'd be putting limits on the number of weapons fired...everyone said "Great, so they'll macro around it. GGClose."

And lo and behold, macros, which are incredibly easy to make, do so. It's why we said putting a limit on weapons this way wasn't much use.

#22 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

View PostFlash Frame, on 15 October 2014 - 11:26 PM, said:

you're missing the point of this.

You can fire 2 gauss together? yeah?

So macro 2-2 gauss together like this, as shown at the end of the video. That is DEVASTATING... 60 damage pinpoint, at relatively the same location due to the speed of the macro.

I used to yell, and scream at anyone who would listen about how Macros are a 3rd party cheat, because they circumvent your personal ability to time things, to do it for you. I was told, over and over again, that no, macro's are not a cheat, and that they are totally valid.

This goes to show you that no, it's essentially cheating. It's a turbo button. There is a reason Turbo controllers are not allowed at MLG gaming events. So why is there an acceptance of utilizing Macro software to do the same thing?

I just don't understand the mentality.

It is cheating....its for those who cannot do it on there own. People use Aim bots, Macros for Gauss, targeting, etc. in this game but no one will admit it and no one at PGI will do anything about it because those one that are doing this are the 133t that PGI uses to balance there game.

When you get in a game and 7 mechs are shooting you from 500 plus meters after you snuck up BEHIND THEM with no UAV and no LOS to tell them you are there but all of them still simultaneously turn, and shoot within .4 seconds to pinpoint accuracy i assume its not human. But no one seems to care about that anymore....

#23 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

View PostUrdnot Mau, on 16 October 2014 - 07:06 AM, said:

If that's true, then why single gauss builds still have charge? To me it's like PGI just wanted to say "**** you, gauss"

I would really love to be able to use a single Gauss and not have to charge it. I won't even mention the sound bug that is going on with the gauss

View PostSI The Joker, on 16 October 2014 - 07:14 AM, said:

Pointless mechanic is pointless.

Blame the extremely loud and whiny masses for this very unfortunate situation.

#24 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:22 AM

Why do four separately?
Two and two is usually more effective.

(Listed in order of awesomeness.)

This btw doesn't use a macro and is incredibly easy to do.

Edited by Koniving, 16 October 2014 - 07:23 AM.

#25 Jonny Taco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 706 posts
  • Locationan island

View PostGreenjulius, on 15 October 2014 - 11:37 PM, said:

The charge mechanic isn't there to make gauss hard to use, it's to desync it from being bundled with other weapons.

Which has clearly happened, right? Right?!

#26 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Macros are not legit. Macro users can fool themselves into thinking they are legit just like aim botters do.

Bottom line use of either of these can result in a ban in ANY online game. This may be after warning or a 24 hour ban etc.

I hope that the game designers find ways to make the use of both of these cheats offer little to no benefit.

Edited by Johnny Z, 16 October 2014 - 07:25 AM.

#27 Jonny Taco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 706 posts
  • Locationan island

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:26 AM

View PostMystere, on 16 October 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

Blame the extremely loud and whiny masses for this very unfortunate situation.

Now when you say masses do you mean the same bad cry baby under hive pleb players that have been complaining about anything that kills them since closed beta?

Just because a few people reiterate their position 15 times a day in every thread that could possibly have anything to do with their perceived issue does not mean the "masses" are the whiny ones.

#28 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:27 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 16 October 2014 - 07:22 AM, said:

Macros are not legit. Macro users can fool themselves into thinking they are legit just like aim botters do.

Bottom line use of either of these can result in a ban in ANY online game. This may be after warning or a 24 hour ban etc.

Actually macros are allowed by PGI provided that they do not assist in auto-targeting.

Regular fire.

Macro fire.

There are some clear disadvantages to having a macro in use.

Another example.
Macro fire.

Namely you cannot stop shooting, wasting lots of ammunition and generating unnecessary heat in this case.

In other cases it's used to 'slow down' weapons fire, without having to go as slow as MWO's pre-installed macro (the chain fire system), as shown here.

In fact, this particular macro slowed down the weapons fire to what MWO's new, slower firing rates are.

#29 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:31 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 16 October 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

When you get in a game and 7 mechs are shooting you from 500 plus meters after you snuck up BEHIND THEM with no UAV and no LOS to tell them you are there but all of them still simultaneously turn, and shoot within .4 seconds to pinpoint accuracy i assume its not human. But no one seems to care about that anymore....

You probably missed their friend who was watching out for them, as well as the fact that they were on voice communications. :P

#30 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:44 AM

The use of any 3rd party program to get around or alter game mechanics can result in a ban in any online game.

I am doing everyone a favour here, if you get a ban it is likely you will never be able to participate in any high end events etc.

I can say from my experiences in game that Mechwarrior will be responding to the use of these programs fairly soon if the are not already or in the process of.

Edited by Johnny Z, 16 October 2014 - 08:06 AM.

#31 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:44 AM

You only get pinpoint aim with these setups with weapons that are fired together, which have the same travel speed, are fired from a stationary target at a stationary target.

Any high alpha or high dps build is devastating under these circumstances.

Dual gauss is nasty because it is reasonably high alpha that hits at one spot.

However, the other macro options shown in the video aren't that much more effective. We already know NOT to stop in front of a direwolf ... ever. No matter what configuration they will have nasty alpha and dps if you decide to stop and stare at them from the front. It doesn't matter whether it is 6C-UAC5, 2 C-Gauss + 2 C-ERPC, 4 C-Gauss, 4 C-LPL ... but the faster you are moving the greater the chance they miss and the more spread out the damage will be .. whether someone is using a macro or not.

The last point is that macros make it easier to execute these things perfectly but there are folks out there who are coordinated enough ( not me :) ) to do it without a macro.

#32 Archon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:53 AM

These tears are delicious. I look forward to more when Dual Heavy-Gauss is released.

#33 Hood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:57 AM

I have nothing against people that only want to use one button to shoot, that does not mean I dont like it though. Im kind of a lore guy.. every rarely did you see mechs with more then 2 of the same weapons when it came to the larger weapons.
The majority of the weapons on mechs were MLasers, SRM and AC5. Reason for that was cost and materal, something we dont have to worry about. So I ad an idea..

We have ghost heat... why not ghost weight/slots?? I really think that would solve most of the easy button issues.

I.E.
The first AC 10 you load on the mech weighs normal, 7 slots 12 tons. The second 8 slots 14 tons. Third if you can fit it 10 slots 16 tons.
Gauss 7 slots 15 tons, second one 9 and 18...

The bigger the weapon the more the second one will weigh. I believe in putting on your mechs what you want but the easy button is just getting old and it does not seem like PGI wants to address it. They will put a band aid on it but thats about it. Change something to stop the easy button for large lasers then you go to SRMs, change the SRM they go to LRM..
Stop changing weapon damage and change the weapon weight and size easy buttons start to fade.

#34 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:00 AM

The other two widely used cheats on top of fire macros and aim bots are trigger bots and wall hacks.

Wall hacks is fairly self explanatory and trigger bots fire on a target when ever the aimer goes over said targets using the colors on the screen to do so. SO for instance a bright white or some similar color fires off the trigger bot.

All these cheats lend themselves to direct fire instant damage weapons better than others for various reasons.

This thread will be locked because cheats are not allowed to be discussed on the forums.

A funny story. In another online game the trigger bots were using when the aimer goes red over an enemy to fire. So some of the players painted their vehicles the same color red. ROFL the triiger bots went off the leash. :lol:

Edited by Johnny Z, 16 October 2014 - 08:08 AM.

#35 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:09 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 16 October 2014 - 08:00 AM, said:

This thread will be locked because cheats are not allowed to be discussed on the forums.

PGI has stated multiple times that macros are allowed in their game. You calling it a cheat does not make it a cheat.

http://mwomercs.com/...wo-game-client/

Edited by Mercules, 16 October 2014 - 08:20 AM.

#36 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:12 AM

View PostMercules, on 16 October 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

PGI has stated multiple times that macros are allowed in their game. You calling it a cheat does not make it a cheat.

Some players saying a third party program fireing their weapons for them isnt a cheat doesnt mean its not a cheat.

#37 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:17 AM

View PostMystere, on 16 October 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

You probably missed their friend who was watching out for them, as well as the fact that they were on voice communications. :P

In solo queue? I find that hard to believe....maybe one or two sync/coincidence droppers but not multiple mechs. I know what human limits are when it comes to twitch muscle reflexes and ability. Most humans cannot react to a situation in under .25 seconds...let alone react, aim and make the numerous shots in the same place.

Edited by DarthRevis, 16 October 2014 - 08:19 AM.

#38 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:18 AM

I don't see a problem with this at all.

Any mech that sits still long enough to be hit in the same location with both volleys deserves to be instagibbed by this lameass build. A trained monkey can hit a stationary target.

Pretty much anyone that owns a DWF knows that this build is just not practical to run and will get you killed more often than it will get you kills.

#39 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:23 AM

1) Macros are perfectly legal, as they still work within the game mechanics (You can't get around the charge up with a macro, and if you can, then that game modding, and is not allowed).

2) Any game mechanic where a macro can assist you in being better is not a great game mechanic.

Gauss needs a fix, but I think it means it needs something other than the 15 point FLD shot. Maybe make it do less damage per shot, and reduce the cool down?

#40 Murphy7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:23 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 16 October 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

It is cheating....its for those who cannot do it on there own. People use Aim bots, Macros for Gauss, targeting, etc. in this game but no one will admit it and no one at PGI will do anything about it because those one that are doing this are the 133t that PGI uses to balance there game.

Just so much tin hattery, it detracts from the OP's point.

The UAC/5 unjam mechanic was easily macro'd, and so the jam clearing was handled differently.

The Gauss charge is to desync it from other weapons, but now there is something in place that prevents too many of a single weapon or class of weapons from charging and firing together (Gauss & PPC). Get rid of the charge up... if warranted, add to the "cooldown" meaning time to cycle the weapon instead. The charge mechanic is clunky, in my opinion.

What I would like to see happen is the charge mechanic removed, the limit on how many fire at once upheld, and a lockout after gauss fire before firing the next gauss or ppc weapon of say 0.25 or 0.3 sec. This would slow down the delivery of high damage alphas in succession from one mech.

As for aim bots, I have a hard time believing these things really exist in this game. For one, mechs are relatively slow, large targets so getting hits isn't that hard. Also, the firepower carried by single mechs now & the perfect convergence vs an armor/structure system based on random aiming lends our mechs a sense a fragility. Lastly, with the issues of hitregistration that are prevalent, I just don't see how an aimbot would in fact be any better than the pilot themsevles.

No, I think aimbots are internetese for "I was beaten in a game, it cannot possibly be due to my poor play or the excellent play of others."

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users