#41 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:24 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 16 October 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

Some players saying a third party program fireing their weapons for them isnt a cheat doesnt mean its not a cheat.

http://mwomercs.com/...wo-game-client/

How about the game developer stating it's not a cheat? Can you stop with falsing accusing people or do we also have to discuss the Code of Conduct which states, "Referring insultingly to other individuals or groups." of which calling someone a cheater when they are not is insulting.

#42 Glythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:28 AM

Here's an idea.... let's just disallow anyone from launching with more than 2 Gauss rifles.

Mod around that.

And actually the charge on Gauss rifles was intended to make them more tedious to use. It's a trade off for the AC/20 which is total garbage by comparison in terms of heat and range.

The thing is this was not needed with the other problems with the Gauss rifle. It explodes and that's enough of a reason not to use it.

PPCs were the weapon that needed the charge mechanic.... but I guess they didnt want to copy mechassault.

Edited by Glythe, 16 October 2014 - 08:30 AM.

#43 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:29 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 16 October 2014 - 07:22 AM, said:

Bottom line use of either of these can result in a ban in ANY online game. This may be after warning or a 24 hour ban etc.

That's so innaccurate it's hilarious.

As far as the 4-Gauss DW? Dude, you don't even NEED a macro. Put two weapon groups together and use your two mouse buttons.

A monkey could do it.

Edited by Ghost Badger, 16 October 2014 - 08:30 AM.

#44 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:31 AM

I use a triple Gauss DW and fire the third one that quickly without a macro its not hard.

#45 IceSerpent

• 3,044 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:34 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 16 October 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

Some players saying a third party program fireing their weapons for them isnt a cheat doesnt mean its not a cheat.

A cheat is what PGI says is a cheat, player opinions are pretty much irrelevant.

#46 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:38 AM

View PostIceSerpent, on 16 October 2014 - 08:34 AM, said:

A cheat is what PGI says is a cheat, player opinions are pretty much irrelevant.

Yep on the players side here since this is a fun game. To be fair, I have heard it all before.

#47 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:38 AM

View Postlartfor, on 16 October 2014 - 07:26 AM, said:

Now when you say masses do you mean the same bad cry baby under hive pleb players that have been complaining about anything that kills them since closed beta?

Just because a few people reiterate their position 15 times a day in every thread that could possibly have anything to do with their perceived issue does not mean the "masses" are the whiny ones.

It's the first ones. But, the second ones are also a big problem, just not related to this ... I think.

#48 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:42 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 16 October 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:

The use of any 3rd party program to get around or alter game mechanics can result in a ban in any online game.

I am doing everyone a favour here, if you get a ban it is likely you will never be able to participate in any high end events etc.

I can say from my experiences in game that Mechwarrior will be responding to the use of these programs fairly soon if the are not already or in the process of.

PGI has already explicitly stated time and time again that macros are fine. There is no need to bring up this issue again, unless of course the intent is specifically to whine and cry and threaten rage quitting to attract PGI's attention ... again.

#49 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:48 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 16 October 2014 - 08:17 AM, said:

In solo queue? I find that hard to believe....maybe one or two sync/coincidence droppers but not multiple mechs. I know what human limits are when it comes to twitch muscle reflexes and ability. Most humans cannot react to a situation in under .25 seconds...let alone react, aim and make the numerous shots in the same place.

Then that only means that the team was actively looking at their text chat. :D

Otherwise, you will have to show me how one can possibly control and coordinate 7 separate mechs, short of using an advanced AI system built purposefully to play MWO and which managed to sync drop 7 instances ( :ph34r:).

Edited by Mystere, 16 October 2014 - 08:49 AM.

#50 SI The Joker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 728 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:48 AM

View PostMystere, on 16 October 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

Blame the extremely loud and whiny masses for this very unfortunate situation.

Well to be fair, it is currently the only thing preventing this game from completely becoming gausswarrior online.

Look - bottom line here folks... the charge mechanic sucks but NOT only because it can be bypassed... but guess what?

ANY game mechanic that relies on timing, charging, button mashing or anything of that nature can be macroed. How does PGI prevent that? They can't - it's just not viable to do so.

That said... here are some thoughts of mine regarding how to handle Gauss:

1. Cut the ammo/ton by 1/3. Half is too much. 1/3 is about right.
2. Charging mechanic is still there but now it serves another purpose and takes on its own resulting negatives
2a. Gauss can fire instantly... 3/4 current max range and with less damage (1/2) than a fully charged gauss round
2b. Charging gauss incurs a 10% decrease to mech speed PER gauss rifle charging. You want to charge up 4? Great - 40% loss to speed
2c. Much in the same way that Ballistics and Lasers decrease damage over range... the gauss would INCREASE damage on how much you've charged it up before firing.

In my opinion, this is a good place to start and keeps the gauss as a VERY viable weapon, but (hopefully) would limit its boating practices.

Again, just my opinions. :)

#51 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostSI The Joker, on 16 October 2014 - 08:48 AM, said:

Well to be fair, it is currently the only thing preventing this game from completely becoming gausswarrior online.

Look - bottom line here folks... the charge mechanic sucks but NOT only because it can be bypassed... but guess what?

ANY game mechanic that relies on timing, charging, button mashing or anything of that nature can be macroed. How does PGI prevent that? They can't - it's just not viable to do so.

That said... here are some thoughts of mine regarding how to handle Gauss:

1. Cut the ammo/ton by 1/3. Half is too much. 1/3 is about right.
2. Charging mechanic is still there but now it serves another purpose and takes on its own resulting negatives
2a. Gauss can fire instantly... 3/4 current max range and with less damage (1/2) than a fully charged gauss round
2b. Charging gauss incurs a 10% decrease to mech speed PER gauss rifle charging. You want to charge up 4? Great - 40% loss to speed
2c. Much in the same way that Ballistics and Lasers decrease damage over range... the gauss would INCREASE damage on how much you've charged it up before firing.

In my opinion, this is a good place to start and keeps the gauss as a VERY viable weapon, but (hopefully) would limit its boating practices.

I liked it better when it didn't have the mechanic, but would explode at the drop of a hat and either kill you (XL) or take out half your loadout (STD).

Risk/Reward

#52 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostSI The Joker, on 16 October 2014 - 08:48 AM, said:

Well then, I wholeheartedly and totally disagree. :P

I do not see boating as a problem (But that's just me). Besides, if PGI prevents boating a specific weapon, players will just (and indeed have) boat something else. And if PGI stops that too (again, and again, and again) ... well we will eventually end up with a global cooldown system in which only one weapon can be fired at a time. It's either that or we'll just have pillow fights ... until someone cries about how OP that one is too.

#53 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,470 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:03 AM

Lordee...

People. Please recall that not everyone hates the Gauss charge. Some players out there - there's one I can name right off the top of my head - prefer the charged Gauss to the snapfire Gauss as the charged Gauss improves accuracy and ammunition efficiency both. It eliminates bad snapshots (which is ninety percent of all snapshots), and allows a pilot to charge-down a shot that turns out to be bad if they can't find a line.

I honestly much prefer the Gauss Rifle with the charge delay. It adds an element of prediction and thought to the game and makes the Gauss more interesting to use. If you want an instant-fire snapshot weapon, load up an autocannon instead. Autocannons can totally do that instantaneous snapfire thing. That's a thing autocannons do. Why not use them for that purpose?

#54 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:07 AM

View PostArchon, on 16 October 2014 - 07:53 AM, said:

I look forward to more when Dual Heavy-Gauss is released.

First Guess: 2.5s charge up time. :P

#55 Felio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:09 AM

It should've been limited to one charge-up.

But really, I'm at the point now that I think they should just start doing item limits, like they do with JJ and targeting computers. One gauss rifle is all you get, period. Probably do the same with the AC/20, though at least that has a slower projectile and limited range.

#56 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:12 AM

View PostFelio, on 16 October 2014 - 09:09 AM, said:

It should've been limited to one charge-up.

But really, I'm at the point now that I think they should just start doing item limits, like they do with JJ and targeting computers. One gauss rifle is all you get, period. Probably do the same with the AC/20, though at least that has a slower projectile and limited range.

In communist MWO, mech builds you!

:P

But seriously, how about no?

#57 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:17 AM

View PostJason Parker, on 16 October 2014 - 03:21 AM, said:

What they could do is remove the ridiculous mechanic that is worked around by the macro. And as far as desync goes: It isn't hard at all to create a macro that fires gauss and PPC at the same time so the macro works around that as well.

Likely noted. The desync is speed based, not click. The PPC is 850, the Gauss 2000. Firing at the same time at a moving target will waste one of them every time, thus the point of the desync.

#58 IceSerpent

• 3,044 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:17 AM

View Post1453 R, on 16 October 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:

Lordee...

People. Please recall that not everyone hates the Gauss charge. Some players out there - there's one I can name right off the top of my head - prefer the charged Gauss to the snapfire Gauss as the charged Gauss improves accuracy and ammunition efficiency both. It eliminates bad snapshots (which is ninety percent of all snapshots), and allows a pilot to charge-down a shot that turns out to be bad if they can't find a line.

This makes absolutely no sense - you can "eliminate bad snapshots" by simply not pressing the trigger when you don't have a good shot. Works for every single weapon in game, no weird mechanics needed.

#59 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:21 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 16 October 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

It is cheating....its for those who cannot do it on there own. People use Aim bots, Macros for Gauss, targeting, etc. in this game but no one will admit it and no one at PGI will do anything about it because those one that are doing this are the 133t that PGI uses to balance there game.

When you get in a game and 7 mechs are shooting you from 500 plus meters after you snuck up BEHIND THEM with no UAV and no LOS to tell them you are there but all of them still simultaneously turn, and shoot within .4 seconds to pinpoint accuracy i assume its not human. But no one seems to care about that anymore....

Dude, you can't sneak up on Seismic. LOL! ;)

#60 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:22 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 16 October 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

Dude, you can't sneak up on Seismic. LOL! ;)

You can...you just gotta have a direct line of sight and only move when THEY move...like matching footsteps down a hallway ;)

It's a pain. lol

Edited by Ghost Badger, 16 October 2014 - 09:22 AM.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users