Im Working My Ass Off For Nothing.

219 replies to this topic

#41 TheMadTypist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 533 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:10 PM

Personally, I've been seeing equal or better earnings to before- and I'm mostly running normal 'mechs, and I don't use premium time. As somebody who has been grinding C-bills for the coming of the Mad Dog in January (currently at 16 mil of an estimated 36 mil required, and 50 mil preferred. For reference, the highest I've ever had in liquid C-bills was 28mil, and that was a long while ago) this new system seems to be paying out a generally better than I was seeing previously, so please do hold onto it for a little while and get metrics while I quietly make bank.

also, 47% mediums in the queue. Is it not wonderful?

#42 N0MAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:11 PM

Go on Russ hop into a C mech or an unmodded medium/heavy and go do a few games and show us your earnings, we will trust you, put in your first games (say 3 or 4) without picking the best games, dont be going into a group game with a team to prop you up.
Go on do it.

Edited by N0MAD, 21 October 2014 - 05:13 PM.

#43 ShadowWolf Kell

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:12 PM

This is a game just prior to the Clan launch in my CTF-3D with most kills and top damage (brawler 3D to boot.) The only way I could break 200K is with a hero/champion mech and/or first win for the day.

Complaining you got 140-160k for mediocre performance is just silly.

Posted Image

If anything, it looks to me like they bumped rewards up quite a bit from how they used to be.

Consequently, I've got losses with stats like that and a paltry 100k (with both premium and hero bonuses.) Probably a few posted in the Carry Harder thread. Don't feel like reposting because this really doesn't seem to be an issue imo.

Edited by ShadowWolf Kell, 21 October 2014 - 05:13 PM.

#44 I_AM_ZUUL

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye (Freeing Skye from the Steiner usurpers)

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:14 PM

View Post151st Light Horse Regiment, on 21 October 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:

If there's a way of screenshotting or providing links to previous matches then I would happily oblige.

Alas, this game has limited (aka zero) functionality in this respect so I cant post anything.

Print Screen button on your keyboard will screenshot your monitor at the most basic level. Besides anything like FRAPS, Overwolf, Shadowplay (if you have Nvidia GPU), OR XSplit Gamecaster... just to name the things I have on my computer and have never streamed a single thing.

#45 Christof Romulus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationAS7-D(F), GRF-1N(P)

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:16 PM

View PostRhaegor, on 21 October 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

Okay, after playing 20 matches or so, I can say rewards are way down overall. You can have a great game and get uber points, but those mediocre or terrible games you have pay MUCH less. I have gotten as low as 20k, and average like 60k on losses. Wins re not THAT much higher to make up for it.

Weird...

It's almost as if we're being rewarded based on the actions we take in a match relating to our role in the battlefield, and not purely based off of kills and assists...

Who asked for this? Did anyone ask for this? What's happening? Where's my cat?

#46 Jacob Side

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 390 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:28 PM

View Post151st Light Horse Regiment, on 21 October 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:

If there's a way of screenshotting or providing links to previous matches then I would happily oblige.

Alas, this game has limited (aka zero) functionality in this respect so I cant post anything.

Print screen works just fine, it puts a screen shot of your screen into the screenshot directory of MWO

#47 Kirkland Langue

• Bad Company
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:31 PM

TBH, I think that PGI devs are trying too hard on these reward systems. I'm sure it's clever and all... but the devs should stop and think about their own pay and how they are rewarded for their day on the job.

Imagine how a scrap yard probably determines what to pay for a car brought to them.
Imagine how security guards, cops, troops, and bounty hunters are paid.

It should be pretty easy to tell that the clever reward system used in MWO doesn't reflect reality in the slightest; doesn't make sense when you really think about what people would pay those mechwarriors; and doesn't even make people happy which would be the best reason to ignore reality in a game.

It's too early to say "scrap the reward system" based upon whether the community likes it or not... but I'd advise at least giving a thought to "how would mechwarriors really be paid" instead of "how can we measure activity in a battle and reward those various activities".

#48 Postumus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 399 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:35 PM

The best way to get Cbills with the new reward system is to stick with your team, focus fire, protect injured teammates by switching positions, and to use support equipment (counter ECM, TAG, NARC etc.) to coordinate with your team. Just keeping injured mechs alive and near you gives you a ton of C-bills - recurring rewards every few seconds, saviour kills, etc - so think twice about just hanging back and using other mechs for fodder. Basically, they are rewarding you for playing in a way that is likely to help your team and teammates survive, do better or win.

On the other hand, people who like to stay behind the team and do nothing except fire LRMs, or people who charge off by themselves can get very low rewards.

Fine by me.

#49 Scratx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:37 PM

Paul put up a post for feedback on the reward system in the Comstar Focus Group area, for those who aren't aware of it.

#50 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:39 PM

I just got a new record for rewards, without Premium or a Hero, 213K.

Perhaps it's the losses that hurt.

#51 Xarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 997 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:39 PM

View PostPostumus, on 21 October 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

The best way to get Cbills with the new reward system is to stick with your team, focus fire, protect injured teammates by switching positions, and to use support equipment (counter ECM, TAG, NARC etc.) to coordinate with your team. Just keeping injured mechs alive and near you gives you a ton of C-bills - recurring rewards every few seconds, saviour kills, etc - so think twice about just hanging back and using other mechs for fodder. Basically, they are rewarding you for playing in a way that is likely to help your team and teammates survive, do better or win.

On the other hand, people who like to stay behind the team and do nothing except fire LRMs, or people who charge off by themselves can get very low rewards.

Fine by me.

You apparently haven't played the new system very much. Sitting behind the team and LRM boating is literally the easiest way to farm C-Bills now, due to the Flanking bonus.

#52 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:42 PM

Take away the scouting and the hit and run and you have a 30k match with 504 damage...Posted Image

#53 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:43 PM

I dunno about the "new" rewards system or whatever but....and this is just the Solo Queue, mind you.....I've noticed you get paid a LOT more for assists than for kills, period.

I've done similar damage (400-500) with direct damage weapons and LRMs and the LRMs win out monetarily due to the number of assists.

#54 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:11 PM

View PostChristof Romulus, on 21 October 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

Weird...

It's almost as if we're being rewarded based on the actions we take in a match relating to our role in the battlefield, and not purely based off of kills and assists...

Who asked for this? Did anyone ask for this? What's happening? Where's my cat?
Weird...

It's almost like they forgot that some mechs are actually designed to be killers and lack the means to properly fulfill these other roles.

I'm all for added rewards in particular for the support role, but it shouldn't be at the cost of other rolls rewards.

#55 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:25 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 21 October 2014 - 05:39 PM, said:

I just got a new record for rewards, without Premium or a Hero, 213K.

Perhaps it's the losses that hurt.

Screen shot or it didnt happen...

#56 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:27 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 21 October 2014 - 06:25 PM, said:

Screen shot or it didnt happen...

Didn't get the entire score list, but the total is evident.

Posted Image

#57 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:27 PM

View Post151st Light Horse Regiment, on 21 October 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

I know how to screenshot >_>

I'm on about now. The game is gone, over, closed. There's no way to view the stats for it so you'll just have to accept my word for it.

that's usually a bad idea.

#58 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:31 PM

So the new rewards favor people playing well. There's no better tool for helping new players learn how to play than saying 'you get the most money for sticking with the team, covering damaged teammates and focusing fire'.

If I lost a match while spending the whole thing off alone trying to snipe people (unsuccessfully) and died.... well, my score should suck.

You know what we should do? Give players one visible statistic everyone can see -

'Average Earnings Per Match'. Not accounting for premium time, hero mechs or the like. Just average earnings per match overall. Of all the things you could do to help promote better behavior that's going to be it in terms of letting people show off metrics. KDR, w/l, those are terrible choices. Even Elo is bad - these promote selfish behaviors. The new system rewards team play well. that'd be a good one to show.

Admittedly CW will help with this too - if you're good enough to take and hold a system people are going to see it.

#59 ColourfulConfetti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 430 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:36 PM

151st, please never change. You're a shining star in a sea of toxic keyboard warriors and chronic pessimists. I mean that legitimately too, no sarcasm, you're the literal funny bone of the MWO community for me and probably most other people with an actual sense of humor.

#60 Christof Romulus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationAS7-D(F), GRF-1N(P)

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:41 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 21 October 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

Weird...

It's almost like they forgot that some mechs are actually designed to be killers and lack the means to properly fulfill these other roles.

I'm all for added rewards in particular for the support role, but it shouldn't be at the cost of other rolls rewards.

Look - this is about having your cake and eating it too.

There can't be "bonuses" without penalties - now losses apparently can penalize players, and so, too, do those losses that penalize players, do also incentivize not blowing consumables left and right in every possible game.

Not every mech should be rewarded identically, and segregating the rewards by weight class seems like the best way to implement a role warfare based benefit system. The Medium queue has how many in it now? 50%? It appears that this is working to some degree already.

So there you have your cake, the one we - the community, have been asking for, for literally years.

Now eat it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users