I've Got A Big Fluffy Favour To Ask, Pgi.

67 replies to this topic

#61 Team Chevy86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:12 AM

I fully support the OP in this idea, and any ideas posted herein. I'll bet any new players not familiar with lore dont have a damn clue. It's all about immersion... Why do you think Halo was so popular? (And remains so) It had a wicked story.
PGI is wasting a rich resource. I mean, it's already all there!!!! All they have to do is utilize it
+1

Edited by Team Chevy86, 07 March 2015 - 04:14 AM.

#62 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:17 AM

View PostTeam Chevy86, on 07 March 2015 - 04:12 AM, said:

I fully support the OP in this idea, and any ideas posted herein. I'll bet any new players not familiar with lore dont have a damn clue. It's all about immersion... Why do you think Halo was so popular? (And remains so) It had a wicked story.
PGI is wasting a rich resource. I mean, it's already all there!!!! All they have to do is utilize it
+1

Yeah, it's definitely something that would help the game overall, but it's also something that provides some much needed context to CW. At the moment, CW is just a bunch of people switching allegiance every two weeks. People have no real connection to their faction, and I think it's partially because a lot of players don't really know anything about the lore.

#63 Logan Hawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 504 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:12 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 09 March 2015 - 05:17 AM, said:

Yeah, it's definitely something that would help the game overall, but it's also something that provides some much needed context to CW. At the moment, CW is just a bunch of people switching allegiance every two weeks. People have no real connection to their faction, and I think it's partially because a lot of players don't really know anything about the lore.

Well, that and CW is extremely barebones right now.

But yes, fluff would be very nice.

#64 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:55 AM

Except this isnt a battletech game, its Call of Duty with highly advanced robots, piloted by recent graduates out of the world's various Advanced Robotics Combat program, in an attempt to bolster militaries with the new technology of Battlewalkers, recently discovered and unveiled.

The Clans are not hte Clans, the IS is the Nato forces and the Clans are the Pan Asian Coalition(PAC), yes stolen from BF2142.

In the year 2018, the US had unveiled its newest warmachine, they called it the M1(cuz the US army does M1 everything) Battlewalker. Armed with 4 Medium lasers, also a new and untested combat weapon, the new M1 is sent into combat and scare the ISIS insurgents, however, it has the opposite effect of simply causing the Russian and Chinese spies to fly into over time trying to hack and steal the M1 Walkers plans. By the winter of 2022, the Russians unveil their newest machination, the T-120 Assault walker, it is armed with a slightly better engineered medium laser, they call it the Large Laser, firing 50m farther then the M1's Mediums. ISIS immedieately buys up 10 of them and in a vicious first clash, the US and Russian walkers slug it out on the deserts of Saudi Arabia....

thats more MWO....

#65 Alex Morgaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:14 PM

A One mech choice skin (something unique might be bad so I'd suggest a pre-existing skin) plus colors:
Inner sphere/comstar could get bright blue, red, white.
For clans that'd be black, dark red, maybe a lighter red to go with the darker red.
One time choice, one per account only but say cbills or mc for supplementary articles after the first that pass the requirements.

#66 Armorine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 398 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:26 PM

Yes fluff would be great. Would love the flu history of the battle master....even though I already know it hehehe

#67 Vandul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:42 AM

How hard would it be to run a data feed in the launcher with links to articles, fluff, lore, canon and other stuff?

I really miss the little newsfeeds they had on the website. Simple stuff like that would go a long way. Add a third tab to the "Mech Information" that brings up the TRO description for the mech. Stuff like that.

#68 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:07 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 22 October 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

May we have some fluff?