156 replies to this topic

#21 Maver0ick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 228 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:28 AM

I think the rewards are better for some and worst for others. It seems to be good for light and medium pilots which is good because they were not being rewarded as much as heavy and assault pilots before. But I think it is worst for new pilots who are still trying to learn their mechs, the maps and general tactics rather than be able to concentrate on or know how to maximize the rewards each game.

#22 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:40 AM

Been there felt the frustration all through closed beta, gave up came back.

individual skill in SL while it can help, isn't going to win matches, this is a team game, one of the hardest things not just new people do wrong, but even people from closed beta still do is trying to score damage to early, and in the end in this need to score quickly, hand the other side an easy kill.

Worse examples are ridge hopping, if you know there are people the other side of the ridge to stay and don't crest, you make them break frist and expose themselves to your fire, or you find another spot and try to flank

#23 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:40 AM

View Postfanatikman, on 24 October 2014 - 06:23 AM, said:

Why? Unit/Team play only allows you to get rolled over and over by the hardcore of this game. PUG play is where you can win to get the bouns c-bills and exp.

Says someone who doesn't team play....this a TEAM GAME and comments like that are why this reward system was implemented im sure. Have you ever even tried a group? Or do you constantly run off alone because your "too gud" for group play. I am making 1,000,000 cbills in about 5 matches since the new rewards took place in group play. Not to mention my group and some guys from RA went i think 8-2 last night just rushing the TAG/NARC, LURM fest that is going on and whooped peeps in less then 4 minutes each time with Direct Fire. It was sad how easy it was really...

If that is not a reason to participate in Organized Team play then what is? Pretty sure you are a troll or someones ALT Account but you and the OP need to L2P. Sorry, dont take it harsh but again this is a TEAM GAME....

"If you pizza when your suppose to french fry, you're gonna have a bad time."

Edited by DarthRevis, 24 October 2014 - 06:43 AM.

#24 siLve00

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:42 AM

View PostMaverdick, on 24 October 2014 - 06:28 AM, said:

I think the rewards are better for some and worst for others. It seems to be good for light and medium pilots which is good because they were not being rewarded as much as heavy and assault pilots before. But I think it is worst for new pilots who are still trying to learn their mechs, the maps and general tactics rather than be able to concentrate on or know how to maximize the rewards each game.

Cadet bonus... you can make easy like 12-14 mio cbills on your 1st 25 matches.
Since no1 can see your stats ( that´s such a loler ) just run trial mechs... till your fat of cbills.
Iam pretty serious right now... trial light mech = run over die = next mech.
Since this game is as pug luck based who cares...get your mechs you want.. start to play serious.
For ppl who are quiting bc of cbills thats the fastes way to get the mech you want... on the other hand you are ruining the match for your team.. and you wont learn.. so your most likely will later just be a random pug who cant contribute smt for the team.

But there are so many of these players alrdy.. so why bothering with some more.

#25 Kaspirikay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:45 AM

Give it awhile, the devs are looking into the matter. I feel the rewards should go back to what we earned if we scored the lowest.

Edited by Kaspirikay, 24 October 2014 - 06:45 AM.

#26 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:47 AM

View PostDarthPeanut, on 24 October 2014 - 06:24 AM, said:

I am in agreement with you. As I said it seem ridiculous unless they are not playing but a couple matches an hour... losing horribly and/or blowing through consumables.

Ok, so even if He is correct...... and the OP has made a total of 900,000 after 24 games.... Lets say he blows some MC on PT, and still only brings down 1,800,000 for the 24 games. Lets say he is staying in and watching trying to learn after being killed pretty fast in game because of his lack of experience. Best case he's bringing down only that number in 4.8 hours of game play...... so if he grinds out with out PT hes only bringing in 900,000 in almost 5 hours of grinding. That was figuring 12 min avg per match. Even if we figure half that time per match avg.... hes still spending 2 1/2 hours to only bring in 900,000 c-bills.... Given the price of modules, the mechs.... even if he wanted to take advantage of the 45% off sale on the shadow hawks, he will have to play an endless amount of hours. He and others in the same skill level can forget the Strom crows all together, it won't happen for him, even if he dumps MC into PT.

Some of you die hards seem to want to overlook the core problem here, suggest he changes his play style to learn to exploit the system, (pick up tag, narc...bla bla,) this will not make him a better team player I want around. I want players that don't look for ways to exploit the current system in place only focusing on what gets them the most C-bills. We all need players new and veteran alike to start focusing on Primary Objectives in the game mode, and try their best to complete them. We have very simple objectives right now, even safe to say lacking big time..... if most players can't even simply focus on them or throw them aside for the love of C-bills farming, how the hell is CW gonna be any different than a Death match we have now? This really is toxic to the progress of the game..... but hey, keep telling us all that we are the problem. New players will come and most likely go away, because the grind of this game makes them feel dirty for spending any cash on it at all.

Keep pushing the same old two step we have down their neck in the forums we have had for the last two years.... and watch the player base get smaller and smaller. I am guessing the ones who act this way and give all this great advice....L2P noob or go home, are the ones that have been around for over a year and have quite a few mechs mastered, and most of the key modules needed to help them alone their way. What are you guys afraid of???? Are you afraid if new players come and and can obtain these Items in 6 or 7 months of game play..... your skills won't look so good as you claim when they just start to come up to your level of game play skills? I thought we wanted a team play game, with all pilots playing to learn and be the best they can for the team.... why do you insist on holding them down until they just say screw it, the grind is to much?

#27 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:48 AM

View PostMawai, on 24 October 2014 - 06:20 AM, said:

Actually, after they patched the rewards ... 350k in 4 hours ... even spectating should be impossible.

Assumptions:
1) 6 games/hour (pretty typical if you spectate to the end)
2) 5 assists/game based on comments above (no other rewards)
3 All losses

Loss = 20k + 5 * 3500 = 37,500 / game * 24 games = 900,000 cbills

So with no other rewards, assuming all losses, he should have made close to 900k rather than 350k at a minimum. This is STILL way to low but not as bad as cited by the OP.

However, has anyone tested whether Rewards 2.0 are compatible with exiting the match early? In the old rewards system you did not get credit for assists on mechs that died after you quit (if I am recalling correctly) ... are all the new rewards properly rewarded if you exit the match early to start another one?

you don't really make 6 matches per hour, they often last longer if you take waiting queue an laoding screen and preparation screen into it as well.

Edited by Lily from animove, 24 October 2014 - 07:10 AM.

#28 fanatikman

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:50 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 24 October 2014 - 06:40 AM, said:

Says someone who doesn't team play....this a TEAM GAME and comments like that are why this reward system was implemented im sure. Have you ever even tried a group? Or do you constantly run off alone because your "too gud" for group play. I am making 1,000,000 cbills in about 5 matches since the new rewards took place in group play. Not to mention my group and some guys from RA went i think 8-2 last night just rushing the TAG/NARC, LURM fest that is going on and whooped peeps in less then 4 minutes each time with Direct Fire. It was sad how easy it was really...

If that is not a reason to participate in Organized Team play then what is? Pretty sure you are a troll or someones ALT Account but you and the OP need to L2P. Sorry, dont take it harsh but again this is a TEAM GAME....

"If you pizza when your suppose to french fry, you're gonna have a bad time."

"whooped peeps in less then 4 minutes each time with Direct Fire. It was sad how easy it was really..."

Appreciate you agreeing with my orginal statement. Team play is terrible atm in this game.

Clearly you have a strong opinion of unit play. However, my team play over the last few weeks has led to a 1 - 23 win loss ratio. And the only win I got was when I teamed up with Battlebunny and a few people last weekend for a couple of matches. Team play for casual players is nothing more than a constant roll. So badly so that the other 3 guys I teamed up with for our Monday night team matches have quit because it's so bad.

So, sorry, I disagree with your assessment.

Edited by fanatikman, 24 October 2014 - 06:54 AM.

#29 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:54 AM

With Premium Time+ %30 bonus I had a couple games last night just shy of 500k 5 Kills 5 Assist was only about 10k more Cbills than a 3 kill round I had.

You really really need to stay with your lance/around other mechs, ever few seconds you get certain bonuses.

Also if you're the last mech standing in your lance I believe you get the lance in formation bonus just walking around, so Really stay with your team and stay alive then.

#30 ABalazs

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:56 AM

To be a bit more specific:

I usually play with my mediums, but now with 50%+ medium playing rate, I didn't even try them. I had to play trial heavies to shorten waiting time, or my Phract 3d which is good enough but I have no experience with that slow gameplay. So today I played several losses with 100-ish damage or less, and this means 22-27k income. And I spectate most of the battles, so more 4 per hour than 6.

The point is not my noobness - yes, I am bad, but who isn't after 3-400 matches - or my exact C-bill rate, but the fact that for the ones like me, now with these changes, this game is more grindy than it was before. Seems even harder to get those mech I want, and I feel myself more of a cannonfodder for experineced players.

Not that if this game seemed fair before this change with all the one shot one kill, super expensive Clan mechs present, or with all those elited mechs against noobs stock mechs, but at least I knew I can reach a given target in a given time. Now this time is doubled, approximately, and I feel this very disheartening.

And yes, my MC is for other purposes, not to buy grindable content.

#31 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:58 AM

@Mawai

Actually, tested it last night. Apparently if you exit the match early there is the possibility of getting no c-bills/xp. I don't know if that is 100% of the time, but happened to me twice in a row yesterday night. (D= was trying to basic my last Thunderbolt, and was forced to sit through the 15 minute matches where our light ran the timer out)

#32 Alexander MacTaggart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:00 AM

View PostBlakkstar, on 24 October 2014 - 06:11 AM, said:

"Something changed, QQ" - everybody in every MMO

It's a valid complaint when income is lowered to artificially increase the grind.

#33 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:07 AM

View PostABalazs, on 24 October 2014 - 05:42 AM, said:

First of all, I am a really new player, and not a so swift learner, but I tried to endure the initial hardship of this game, because it looked promising with all those customization options.

C-bill came slowly, because I rarely manage to kill, but I can make 5-6 assists per game. I earned 60k per game - 70-100k by per win and 25-60k per loss. Not great but enough to earn a DHS on a mech in a weekend day.

Now, with this great Rewards 2.0, even after the hotfix my income approximately halved. I played four hours today, earning 350k C-bills.

I wanted to buy a new Shadowhawk, a third one to try to elite at least one chassis, but at this income rate, I have no chance at all to finish the grind until the sale ends. So thanks for all the fish, PGI.

Would be great to get back all the real money I sank in this (not that) great game, I have a plenty of unspent MC, fun per dollar ratio seems to be pretty low here.

Here's what you could do to improve your earnings:

Use that loose MC to purchase a couple Hero Mechs and Premium Time to roughly double your earnings. If you don't want to do that, then there are still ways to boost your earnings. I play without using Heros or Premium Time quite often.

Educate yourself on the new rewards system. You get bonuses now for flanking, staying with your group, staying in close proximity to Mechs of different weight classes, tagging, narc'ing, etc. There are a lot of bonuses now! Frankly, I've found that my match earnings went up dramatically on Mechs that don't even have Tag or Narc equipped. Just the group, flanking, and hit-and-run bonuses were kicking my earnings up by a substantial amount.

Join a Unit. You say that you are a slow learner, so this may be your best option. Joining a Unit will provide access to pilots who know the ins and outs of the game. They can help train you much more quickly than you could train yourself alone, and they will be far more dependable drop partners than Pugs. Dropping with a Unit will make it easier to earn those group bonuses too!

That's about it, I think. In short, if you're making so few C-bills then it's because you're not doing it right. I don't say that to sound rude or sarcastic; I'm really trying to help, and I'm serious when I say that. It's very easy to make 200,000 - 300,000 C-bills per match now if you are a good pilot and make use of the bonuses, Premium Time, and Heroes. Even new or poor pilots can easily earn 100,000 or more with or without Heroes and Time if they understand how to acquire the bonuses. To that end, I would highly recommend learning the bonuses and making use of them; you should see your earnings increase then. :)

View Postfanatikman, on 24 October 2014 - 06:23 AM, said:

Why? Unit/Team play only allows you to get rolled over and over by the hardcore of this game. PUG play is where you can win to get the bouns c-bills and exp.

I assume that's sarcasm. There's no way you could possibly think that solo pugging trumps Unit drops... :rolleyes:

#34 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:08 AM

View Postshad0w4life, on 24 October 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

With Premium Time+ %30 bonus I had a couple games last night just shy of 500k 5 Kills 5 Assist was only about 10k more Cbills than a 3 kill round I had.

You really really need to stay with your lance/around other mechs, ever few seconds you get certain bonuses.

Also if you're the last mech standing in your lance I believe you get the lance in formation bonus just walking around, so Really stay with your team and stay alive then.

Ok so lets say PGI boosted the pay out by 30% even for all players across the board......since you have taken PT, and have a hero mech, you would of got around 880,000 c-bills for that match..... and a player with just PT would see around 700,000 c-bills.... a player with neither PT or a hero mech would have got around 630,000 c-bills. You see this as a problem for you and them???? It was a great match you played....and it should pay out like that every time.

It would be really great to have a response to this from all the die hard players that keep pushing out, the grinds not that bad, Look at my earnings L2P(exploit the system/their version of team play given the rewards for this week) or just buy PT/ take that loose MC and buy hero mech or two....LOL what was the cost of the lowest hero again? It would be even better if Russ would respond to this, and give a real reason as to why they think this current grind is not counter productive to increase and keep a healthy player base.

It's not gonna cause a lack of balance in the system.... it will take c-bill farming off all players mind and we can get back to playing this game for fun, and trying to complete real objectives.... instead of the death match kill em all, figure out the next way to exploit the system to get the most C-bills, (some players version of team play for this week or month). The market won't crash, the sky won't come falling down.... We are missing the core problem no matter how good the new reward system is, and PGI wasting time trying to tweek it here and there will do nothing to balance out or make team play happen. It's not the core reason players don't play like a team. Until this is addressed, nothing will change.... and we all can just keep doing what we have been doing, and PGI can keep throwing in man hours to tweek it further... by 5-10%.... :blink:

Edited by Mr Beefy, 24 October 2014 - 07:19 AM.

#35 orcrist86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:11 AM

Add me in game. If I'm on I'll join you on ts3 or in chat to help guide you.

#36 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:13 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 24 October 2014 - 07:07 AM, said:

Here's what you could do to improve your earnings:

Use that loose MC to purchase a couple Hero Mechs and Premium Time to roughly double your earnings. If you don't want to do that, then there are still ways to boost your earnings. I play without using Heros or Premium Time quite often.

Educate yourself on the new rewards system. You get bonuses now for flanking, staying with your group, staying in close proximity to Mechs of different weight classes, tagging, narc'ing, etc. There are a lot of bonuses now! Frankly, I've found that my match earnings went up dramatically on Mechs that don't even have Tag or Narc equipped. Just the group, flanking, and hit-and-run bonuses were kicking my earnings up by a substantial amount.

Join a Unit. You say that you are a slow learner, so this may be your best option. Joining a Unit will provide access to pilots who know the ins and outs of the game. They can help train you much more quickly than you could train yourself alone, and they will be far more dependable drop partners than Pugs. Dropping with a Unit will make it easier to earn those group bonuses too!

That's about it, I think. In short, if you're making so few C-bills then it's because you're not doing it right. I don't say that to sound rude or sarcastic; I'm really trying to help, and I'm serious when I say that. It's very easy to make 200,000 - 300,000 C-bills per match now if you are a good pilot and make use of the bonuses, Premium Time, and Heroes. Even new or poor pilots can easily earn 100,000 or more with or without Heroes and Time if they understand how to acquire the bonuses. To that end, I would highly recommend learning the bonuses and making use of them; you should see your earnings increase then. :)

I assume that's sarcasm. There's no way you could possibly think that solo pugging trumps Unit drops... :rolleyes:

None of what you have said here.... even though it is constructive and productive solves the core problem......

#37 DYSEQTA

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:15 AM

I smell fish.

#38 siLve00

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:17 AM

View PostMr Beefy, on 24 October 2014 - 07:08 AM, said:

Ok so lets say PGI boosted the pay out by 30% even for all players across the board......since you have taken PT, and have a hero mech, you would of got around 880,000 c-bills for that match..... and a player with just PT would see around 700,000 c-bills.... a player with neither PT or a hero mech would have got around 630,000 c-bills. You see this as a problem for you and them???? It was a great match you played....and it should pay out like that every time.

It's not gonna cause a lack of balance in the system.... it will take c-bill farming off all players mind and we can get back to playing this game for fun, and trying to complete real objectives.... instead of the death match kill em all, figure out the next way to exploit the system to get the most C-bills, (some players version of team play for this week or month). The market won't crash, the sky won't come falling down.... We are missing the core problem no matter how good the new reward system is, and PGI wasting time trying to tweek it here and there will do nothing to balance out or make team play happen. It's not the core reason players don't play like a team. Until this is addressed, nothing will change.... and we all can just keep doing what we have been doing, and PGI can keep throwing in man hours to tweek it further... by 5-10%.... :blink:

amen...
how to fix it ?
remove assists and killing blow bonus stuff... when i see mechs running arround and hitting 6 enemy mechs instead to focus one.. is annyoing like hell and the most stupid thing you could do.
match grps vs grps ( idk if they do it right now )
remove all rewards for the loser team..... give winners all.

The only reason most of the time 1 team wins and the other will lose isnt bc of noobs who cant play their mechs.. its bc some ppl figured out how to sit back and playing a single player game.

maybe install a bonus where you get extra bonus when more teammates hitting the same target... cause teamplay in games like this : focus fire ! *since capture matches are plain a slaughterhouse too*

Edited by siLve00, 24 October 2014 - 07:18 AM.

#39 Alexander MacTaggart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:20 AM

Here's the results screen for a match I just played.

- I was in an HBK-4SP
- Solo queue, so good luck getting random people to actually employ teamwork
- Match ended early for me because I misjudged my speed/turning radius, went off a ledge and landed in front of a Dire Wolf and Stalker

Posted Image

I am fine with wins paying out more than losses, but 34k is way too low for any match, win or loss. The 'floor' on possible payouts need to be raised.

#40 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:21 AM

I've easily made 350k Cbills in one match. Seems like you're just not doing anything. And I play almost exclusively in the solo queue.

Edited by Moonlander, 24 October 2014 - 07:22 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users