156 replies to this topic

#41 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:23 AM

View PostDYSEQTA, on 24 October 2014 - 07:15 AM, said:

I smell fish.

That's because you have came here and added nothing constructive to the OP's thread... the fish smell is just your reply, and other replies you have made in other OP's thread spitting out the same thing. It doesn't fix the core problem and it drives new players away, maybe even veteran players that are tired of the painful grind we have had for over a year now also.

#42 UrsusMorologus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 616 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:26 AM

I keep saying, the payout spread is too wide. 30k to 300k is too wide.

Raise the minimums and reduce the bonuses. Good players will still make more, underperformers wont get discouraged.

#43 DYSEQTA

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:27 AM

View PostMr Beefy, on 24 October 2014 - 07:23 AM, said:

That's because you have came here and added nothing constructive to the OP's thread... the fish smell is just your reply, and other replies you have made in other OP's thread spitting out the same thing. It doesn't fix the core problem and it drives new players away, maybe even veteran players that are tired of the painful grind we have had for over a year now also.

Yay some wine to go with the fish.

#44 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:27 AM

View PostMoonlander, on 24 October 2014 - 07:21 AM, said:

I've easily made 350k Cbills in one match. Seems like you're just not doing anything. And I play almost exclusively in the solo queue.

ah...yes... here is another one, look at me, look at what I can do per match.... even at that great number you have come up with playing for doing it "right", its not the core problem of why people don't team play. Given the cost of mechs, modules, EVERYTHING in the game for C-bills, making 300,000 for good and great games played simply isn't enough to get the "painful Grind" off everyone's mind except for the veterans that have enough already and could care less about the new players experience in this game. Thanks for blowing this issue off, once again, and in another OP's thread. :rolleyes:

#45 Alexander MacTaggart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:29 AM

View PostMoonlander, on 24 October 2014 - 07:21 AM, said:

I've easily made 350k Cbills in one match. Seems like you're just not doing anything. And I play almost exclusively in the solo queue.

Well, good for you then?

What will you do when all the 'bads' (apparently) stop playing because getting 50k per match means we have to play 70+ matches to afford a single medium chassis, then another 30 matches for a DHS upgrade and however many tens of matches for other gear for that mech? PER VARIANT?

If the payout variance right now is 20k-500k, it needs to be upped to 100k-600k at least. Even at 100k per match we're still talking about ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY matches to afford a Dire WOlf (chassis, no omnipods or gear) which is still kind of ridiculous itself.

View PostUrsusMorologus, on 24 October 2014 - 07:26 AM, said:

I keep saying, the payout spread is too wide. 30k to 300k is too wide.

Raise the minimums and reduce the bonuses. Good players will still make more, underperformers wont get discouraged.

This is it exactly. Half of the players in each match will always be losing, there's no need to punish them for it.

#46 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:30 AM

View Postfanatikman, on 24 October 2014 - 06:50 AM, said:

"whooped peeps in less then 4 minutes each time with Direct Fire. It was sad how easy it was really..."

Appreciate you agreeing with my orginal statement. Team play is terrible atm in this game.

Clearly you have a strong opinion of unit play. However, my team play over the last few weeks has led to a 1 - 23 win loss ratio. And the only win I got was when I teamed up with Battlebunny and a few people last weekend for a couple of matches. Team play for casual players is nothing more than a constant roll. So badly so that the other 3 guys I teamed up with for our Monday night team matches have quit because it's so bad.

So, sorry, I disagree with your assessment.

4 people is not a "TEAM" its a small group and you are gonna have a bad time....12 people is a team. So you are basis you statement off incorrect info. I never said TEAM PLAY WAS BAD i also never agreed with you orginal statment i said PUG TRYHARDS are the problem. Stay with the group even if you aren't on comms and see what happens. You are more then welcome to drop with my group anytime fanatikman. Maybe you just need to find the right "fit"? Come see us at Strana Mechty....

Also you know that when you are in group drops you are going against other groups right? So how would my statement solidify or backup what you were saying? That my organized 10 or 12 has a 90% chance of rolling 3-4 small groups just because of the organization factor. Because thats what im saying...Team play is NOT terrible PUGS are terrible.....Team Play is how i got 66 mechs since march.

View PostAlexander MacTaggart, on 24 October 2014 - 07:20 AM, said:

Here's the results screen for a match I just played.

- I was in an HBK-4SP
- Solo queue, so good luck getting random people to actually employ teamwork
- Match ended early for me because I misjudged my speed/turning radius, went off a ledge and landed in front of a Dire Wolf and Stalker

Posted Image

I am fine with wins paying out more than losses, but 34k is way too low for any match, win or loss. The 'floor' on possible payouts need to be raised.

You did literally nothing....im fine with the small payout. Mistakes happen and sometimes you gonna lose money especially using an arty or airstike.

View PostABalazs, on 24 October 2014 - 06:56 AM, said:

To be a bit more specific:

I usually play with my mediums, but now with 50%+ medium playing rate, I didn't even try them. I had to play trial heavies to shorten waiting time, or my Phract 3d which is good enough but I have no experience with that slow gameplay. So today I played several losses with 100-ish damage or less, and this means 22-27k income. And I spectate most of the battles, so more 4 per hour than 6.

The point is not my noobness - yes, I am bad, but who isn't after 3-400 matches - or my exact C-bill rate, but the fact that for the ones like me, now with these changes, this game is more grindy than it was before. Seems even harder to get those mech I want, and I feel myself more of a cannonfodder for experineced players.

Not that if this game seemed fair before this change with all the one shot one kill, super expensive Clan mechs present, or with all those elited mechs against noobs stock mechs, but at least I knew I can reach a given target in a given time. Now this time is doubled, approximately, and I feel this very disheartening.

And yes, my MC is for other purposes, not to buy grindable content.

Come find me any time Abalazs, here is out TS info....

IP: STRANAMECHTY.INFO
PW: StranaMechty

Have to download TS3, stop by anytime i would be more then happy to give you a helping hand.

Edited by DarthRevis, 24 October 2014 - 07:40 AM.

#47 Alexander MacTaggart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:35 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 24 October 2014 - 07:30 AM, said:

You did literally nothing....im fine with the small payout. Mistakes happen and sometimes you gonna lose money especially using an arty or airstike.

You apparently don't know the meaning of the word 'literally', either.

And the payout is ridiculously low, even for a loss where I 'did nothing'. At 34k per match I would have to play 112 matches to afford a 3.8 million c-bill mech (medium, HBK for example). That's not sustainable. People will quit before grinding more than a hundred matches per variant. And that's not even taking into account upgrades and gear costs.

#48 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:39 AM

View PostMr Beefy, on 24 October 2014 - 07:13 AM, said:

None of what you have said here.... even though it is constructive and productive solves the core problem......

And what would that be? To me, the core problem is that he was too lazy to try and do better, so he made a QQ post and quit. Not much one can do about that other than offer some advice and maybe constructive criticism. :)

#49 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:39 AM

View PostAlexander MacTaggart, on 24 October 2014 - 07:29 AM, said:

Well, good for you then?

What will you do when all the 'bads' (apparently) stop playing because getting 50k per match means we have to play 70+ matches to afford a single medium chassis, then another 30 matches for a DHS upgrade and however many tens of matches for other gear for that mech? PER VARIANT?

If the payout variance right now is 20k-500k, it needs to be upped to 100k-600k at least. Even at 100k per match we're still talking about ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY matches to afford a Dire WOlf (chassis, no omnipods or gear) which is still kind of ridiculous itself.

This is it exactly. Half of the players in each match will always be losing, there's no need to punish them for it.

You're overly aggressive for no reason. If OP has so much unspent MC, you would think he would have premium time. Which would easily net him 100k+ per match. I got every SHD variant, especially the 5M for the half price XL275, and tricked them all out in 1 day. Maybe at most, 6hrs. SO, if all you and him (obv, from your only example where you dived in front of a Stalker and Dire Wolf and expected to be rewarded for doing so, how long did you actually contribute?) are going to do is die and requeue on some other mech, then you should get scraps for Cbills. PLZ NERF PREMIUM TIME TOO STRONK.

I eagerly await your madbro response.

#50 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:43 AM

View PostsiLve00, on 24 October 2014 - 07:17 AM, said:

amen...
how to fix it ?
remove assists and killing blow bonus stuff... when i see mechs running arround and hitting 6 enemy mechs instead to focus one.. is annyoing like hell and the most stupid thing you could do.
match grps vs grps ( idk if they do it right now )
remove all rewards for the loser team..... give winners all.

The only reason most of the time 1 team wins and the other will lose isnt bc of noobs who cant play their mechs.. its bc some ppl figured out how to sit back and playing a single player game.

maybe install a bonus where you get extra bonus when more teammates hitting the same target... cause teamplay in games like this : focus fire ! *since capture matches are plain a slaughterhouse too*

yes they only groups together, solo is solo... What you have suggested will not fix the core problem either. Its so simple how they can fix it.

1. Boost all earnings by players 30% across the board. If they still want to tweek here and there or add extras down the line to help what they believe will move people into "Role warfare" that's fine. I love the new direction they went with it, its a step in the right direction.

2. Given each match mode, pay out a extra bonus on top of what you get if a team, Takes or defends a base attack (primary objective for Assault mode) 75-100K and a decent chunk of XP/GXP for the win/defend. In Conquest mode, do the same bonus on top of rewards they are giving out now for a cap win/ or defend of caps. If they put the focus and bonus reward on the Primary objectives(s) for a given match or planet when CW drops, and the bonus is a very decent amount, on top of the 30% hike in pay out across the board, players will become team players with in a week. They will have to if they want to gain that extra bonus for taking the base, they will have to work together to get it, and they most likely will stop worrying about C-bills long enough to work as a team and focus on the objectives of the given match mode. Problem solved.

3. Raise the price of consumables to match the increase in new rewards given so this doesn't become more of the Arty/Airstrike spam game we have now.

4. EVERYONE LOVES PGI for doing this...... things get better for new players coming in, and veteran players alike. We can all start to focus on the team work and game play everyone claims they want and are not getting in game from others right now. Forums become less toxic, in game play becomes less toxic. Older veterans still make decent bank if they get dropped with a noob team in solos, and new players still make enough to just lessen the grind up a very small amount, so they can experience more mechs, and find the ones that help them become a better player for the team. Its win win guys, either way, because a new player that buys more mechs, is gonna buy mech bays and patterns/ colors too, if they have them in the first place that is..... Think about, you'll get :D

#51 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:45 AM

View PostMr Beefy, on 24 October 2014 - 07:27 AM, said:

ah...yes... here is another one, look at me, look at what I can do per match.... even at that great number you have come up with playing for doing it "right", its not the core problem of why people don't team play. Given the cost of mechs, modules, EVERYTHING in the game for C-bills, making 300,000 for good and great games played simply isn't enough to get the "painful Grind" off everyone's mind except for the veterans that have enough already and could care less about the new players experience in this game. Thanks for blowing this issue off, once again, and in another OP's thread. :rolleyes:

I dont see where you are drawing the comparison that this has anything to do with team play....i still make more playing SRM builds with my team and just running straight at the pile of enemies then i do with LRM/TAG/NARC. Timidness and ignorance are the two main reason people dont team play in this game.

#52 Scratx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:45 AM

View PostABalazs, on 24 October 2014 - 05:42 AM, said:

First of all, I am a really new player, and not a so swift learner, but I tried to endure the initial hardship of this game, because it looked promising with all those customization options.

C-bill came slowly, because I rarely manage to kill, but I can make 5-6 assists per game. I earned 60k per game - 70-100k by per win and 25-60k per loss. Not great but enough to earn a DHS on a mech in a weekend day.

Now, with this great Rewards 2.0, even after the hotfix my income approximately halved. I played four hours today, earning 350k C-bills.

I wanted to buy a new Shadowhawk, a third one to try to elite at least one chassis, but at this income rate, I have no chance at all to finish the grind until the sale ends. So thanks for all the fish, PGI.

Would be great to get back all the real money I sank in this (not that) great game, I have a plenty of unspent MC, fun per dollar ratio seems to be pretty low here.

Okay, I did some off the cuff calculations here.

Minimum rewards (at the moment) for an average of 5 assists and a loss is 37500. That means you could exceed your claimed earnings in just 10 matches.

Now, four hours... that's 240 minutes. If every match you played lasted 15 minutes, that would mean you'd've had time for 16 matches, back to back. Okay, let's pretend you need 3 minutes to go from one match to the other. That's still about 13 matches.

What exactly were you doing with your time? I find it excruciatingly hard to believe even with the old rewards (before the hotfix) you couldn't have made much more money in 4 hours. Unless you were playing only a fraction of that time, anyways, in which case there's your problem.

I am pretty sure that once you take a hard look at what you were actually doing you'll find the real problem.

Hint : It's not the rewards per match, not anywhere close to that given your claimed performance on average.

#53 Alexander MacTaggart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:46 AM

View PostMoonlander, on 24 October 2014 - 07:39 AM, said:

I eagerly await your madbro response.

Yeah, u mad.

#54 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:48 AM

View PostAlexander MacTaggart, on 24 October 2014 - 07:35 AM, said:

You apparently don't know the meaning of the word 'literally', either.

And the payout is ridiculously low, even for a loss where I 'did nothing'. At 34k per match I would have to play 112 matches to afford a 3.8 million c-bill mech (medium, HBK for example). That's not sustainable. People will quit before grinding more than a hundred matches per variant. And that's not even taking into account upgrades and gear costs.

You played for 7 MINUTES and put down 100 DMG that is nothing dude....hardly made it through something CT. You also have 2 spotting assist.....i get that before the fight even starts.
You posted a screen shoot of a terrible match and then wonder why you got no money? dont try to tell me you did something when the numbers are telling me otherwise, they dont lie. I have not stated weather or not the numbers were too high or low....but giving a good player over half a mill per match is not good either.

Lots of ways to fix this.....but the best way is for them to revamp the system and start giving rewards for TRUE team play actions.

Focus fire is the best place to start.

Edited by DarthRevis, 24 October 2014 - 07:54 AM.

#55 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:49 AM

Posted Image

This is in a 30% bonus income robot.

#56 siLve00

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:51 AM

View PostMr Beefy, on 24 October 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

yes they only groups together, solo is solo... What you have suggested will not fix the core problem either. Its so simple how they can fix it.

1. Boost all earnings by players 30% across the board. If they still want to tweek here and there or add extras down the line to help what they believe will move people into "Role warfare" that's fine. I love the new direction they went with it, its a step in the right direction.

2. Given each match mode, pay out a extra bonus on top of what you get if a team, Takes or defends a base attack (primary objective for Assault mode) 75-100K and a decent chunk of XP/GXP for the win/defend. In Conquest mode, do the same bonus on top of rewards they are giving out now for a cap win/ or defend of caps. If they put the focus and bonus reward on the Primary objectives(s) for a given match or planet when CW drops, and the bonus is a very decent amount, on top of the 30% hike in pay out across the board, players will become team players with in a week. They will have to if they want to gain that extra bonus for taking the base, they will have to work together to get it, and they most likely will stop worrying about C-bills long enough to work as a team and focus on the objectives of the given match mode. Problem solved.

3. Raise the price of consumables to match the increase in new rewards given so this doesn't become more of the Arty/Airstrike spam game we have now.

4. EVERYONE LOVES PGI for doing this...... things get better for new players coming in, and veteran players alike. We can all start to focus on the team work and game play everyone claims they want and are not getting in game from others right now. Forums become less toxic, in game play becomes less toxic. Older veterans still make decent bank if they get dropped with a noob team in solos, and new players still make enough to just lessen the grind up a very small amount, so they can experience more mechs, and find the ones that help them become a better player for the team. Its win win guys, either way, because a new player that buys more mechs, is gonna buy mech bays and patterns/ colors too, if they have them in the first place that is..... Think about, you'll get :D

Dude... you don´t get it do you ?
If you boost single player bonus there WONT BE TEAMPLAY !
I give a **** how much i earn.. bc earning is just a problem because the game isn´t fun to play as pug ! Why it isnt fun ? Not because you get 35k at the end.. it sucks because it isnt fun to face an enemy team who rolls together and plays as a team.

If ppl playing this game because they wana have new mechs... they can buy it with $.. so we dont need to ruin the GAME ! This game isn´t about earning cbills its about having fun in a match. Seems like most ppl forget it !

I would even be happy if they would remove cbills and make mechs cash only.. that would be cool.. so we could finaly play the game.

#57 Alexander MacTaggart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:53 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 24 October 2014 - 07:48 AM, said:

You played for 7 MINUTES and put down 100 DMG that is nothing dude....hardly made it through something CT. You also have 2 spotting assist.....i get that before the fight even starts.
You posted a screen shoot of a terrible match and then wonder why you got no money? dont try to tell me you did something when the numbers are telling me otherwise, they dont lie.

The point you are missing is that the payout, even for 'terrible play' is way too low.

Nobody is saying you should get 300k+ for a crap match. But neither should you ever only get 30k.

#58 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:54 AM

I liked this one.

Posted Image

#59 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:56 AM

Some of you are too ******** to argue with. I'm going to go rake in some Cbills. I'll post screenshots for you after.

#60 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:57 AM

The OP is right even after the hotfix the C-bill/XP rewards are in the dumper unless you have premium time and a hero mech I played with my grandson 10 games on a new made account after his Cadet rewards he bought a hunchback and averaged 30k-50k win or lose.

This is a terrible way to get new players PGI is only rewarding those old MWO vets that have hero mechs and tons of premium time. I really don't know who is in control of MWO anymore if it is RUSS I think he has had a breakdown and has lost all sense of reality or the ever pending stress of payroll has mad him crazy trying to figure out how this game can provide income.

The problem is they made a game that is anti social and anti profitable because the core game is garbage/grinding and no amount of patches is going to fix a bad core made game. Before the new rewards system new or casual players did not like the grind but it was palatable but now its just down right intolerable and the game has sunk to a point it is just not fun to play.

Edited by PappySmurf, 24 October 2014 - 07:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users