Now I Give It Up - I Have To.

156 replies to this topic

#81 Kaspirikay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:21 AM

Guys, even Russ himself said this should not be the case. Earning less than we were before the bonuses update was not supposed to happen. Why are we arguing?

#82 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:23 AM

View PostKaspirikay, on 24 October 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

Guys, even Russ himself said this should not be the case. Earning less than we were before the bonuses update was not supposed to happen. Why are we arguing?

Because golds are infamous for being insanely stupid.

#83 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:23 AM

I forgot to mention not only do I use arty and uav every match I have been, as luck would have it been using a medium mech with no skills unlocked when the new rewards were added.

Yes the creds earnings have been lower, but this is a whole new system they just added, what a week ago?

Sorry to the new player, new to the game with no idea about previous cred earnings but lets give a while to see what happens before the forum tantrum gets out of hand. :)

#84 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:24 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 24 October 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

It says there in white how much money I've made. Why would you ever look at the animated count?

Because people will tend to look at the big number and overlook the small one. They expect them to match, and I think at least one of the posters has been taken by that.

Given it takes so little time for the number to settle, pretty please screenshot when the animation is done? Thanks. :)

#85 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:25 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 24 October 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

I forgot to mention not only do I use arty and uav every match I have been, as luck would have it been using a medium mech with no skills unlocked when the new rewards were added.

Yes the creds earnings have been lower, but this is a whole new system they just added, what a week ago?

Sorry to the new player, new to the game with no idea about previous cred earnings but lets give a while to see what happens before the forum tantrum gets out of hand. :)

You don't unleash an untested, experimental system on a live game with an established playerbase, and paid-for premium time I'd have been furious over this if I'd triggered my premtime as initially planned.

#86 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:25 AM

Although I enjoy a bunch of man babies throwing a tantrum on the forums as much as anyone. :lol:

Just making a joke, I am lready having TK problems in game as it is LOL.

For future reference you going to start shooting me and on my team dont wait until I am deep red ct with a 20 volley of missiles incoming on me like that guy did yesterday standing directly in front of me no less. (you know who you are :))

Edited by Johnny Z, 24 October 2014 - 08:36 AM.

#87 Alexander MacTaggart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:28 AM

View PostMoonlander, on 24 October 2014 - 08:15 AM, said:

Well, your reading comprehension is basically nil or you're referring to this single thread for your opinion. However, I agree with the ignore function. It would be nice to not have to read posts from man babies day in and day out...

Sorry about your Atlas just now in Canyon.

Sadly I didn't get the kill. :(

#88 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:28 AM

View PostKaspirikay, on 24 October 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

Ummmm he first stated that he thought they maybe to high..... just a few hours into it. After the "whiners" posting as some have claimed them to be, they said they would look into it, but so far it only looked like it was low by 5-10%, but they would continue to keep a eye on it and adjust as they thought it needed.

Bottom line..... while we all sit here an argue about it, It allows PGI to tweek it by piddly amounts and justifies wasting time on very small tweeks to increase the pay out by amounts that do not fix the core issue for over a year now. What are you guys so afraid of if they did boost it up? Other than the market will crash, and in the interest of a stable market claims, which is just bordering on disgusting..... and laughable all at the same time..... what reason could you die hard L2P noobs give to be unhappy about a 30% boost?

Edited by Mr Beefy, 24 October 2014 - 08:37 AM.

#89 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:32 AM

View PostMr Beefy, on 24 October 2014 - 08:28 AM, said:

Ummmm he first stated that he thought they maybe to high..... just a few hours into it. After the "whiners" posting as some have claimed them to be, they said they would look into it, but so far it only looked like it was low by 5-10%, but they would continue to keep a eye on it and adjust as they thought it needed.

Bottom line..... while we all sit here an argue about it, It always PGI to tweek it by piddly amounts and justifies wasting time on very small tweeks to increase the pay out by amounts that do not fix the core issue for over a year now. What are you guys so afraid of if they did boost it up? Other than the market will crash, and in the interest of a stable market claims, which is just bordering on disgusting..... and laughable all at the same time..... what reason could you die hard L2P noobs give to be unhappy about a 30% boost?

Good point, I agree repair and rearm should be added back to the game in some way. :)

#90 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:34 AM

I was absolutely useless in this match.

Posted Image

I did something in this match.

Posted Image

With the new system, this match below would of looked a lot better than it did before the patch.

Posted Image

In conclusion. If you're not useless and you stick with your team and work together (yes, it does happen in solo queue... I only play solo queue for the most part), you get Cbills. If you dive like you have downs, you don't. The new system promotes team play. It penalizes you for yoloing.

The new system, that last screenshot would of netted me close to what, 500k, if not more. So yes, the new system doesn't help the solo queue when you get a crap match... but when you get a good match, it makes up for it.

View PostAlexander MacTaggart, on 24 October 2014 - 08:28 AM, said:

Sorry about your Atlas just now in Canyon.

Sadly I didn't get the kill. :(

I pulled what I like to call "the Alexander MacTaggart Dive" for an example in this wonderful thread.

#91 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:35 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 24 October 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

I am not trying to get it out of hand, trying to be very constructive and honest about what the core problem really is... and real ways to fix it. Not just blow it off in all my replies and say..sorry about your luck noob, L2P or play like me, its all good.

The painful grind and lack of earnings over all for everyone has been a issue....and it does turn many in to exploiters and C-bill farmers. I mean, didn't Russ himself in one of the events drop solos, and banged the comp out in 5 1/2 instead of 35 hours in one weekend, typing in chat, " sorry about this team, carry me." ??? What does that tell us..... He farms because the grind is so good??? Come on guys be honest and look for real ways to fix some of the core issues, don't just blow it off. It is counter productive, and pretty soon you that do it will be the only ones left in the player base, and some how I don't believe the base will turn any less toxic than it has been now or the past. At least now, with the turning of the Leaf and the drop of IGP, PGI is in control, and they could do this if they want to. It will bring very good things for everyone, not cause a market crash, lol. :lol:

#92 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:35 AM

Before premium last night I was making 70-150k cbills a drop. Assuming the low end only and only 4 drops an hour that should be up over 1 million Cbills. I made well over a million with premium and Hero bonus in 1 hour and thats only an 80% boost.

#93 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:40 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 24 October 2014 - 08:32 AM, said:

Good point, I agree repair and rearm should be added back to the game in some way. :)

Regardless if it is or isn't brought back in, and that is another heated topic by many, it should still go back up. If they want to figure out a way to include re-arm/repair in CW, that is fine with me. It would add content, depth.....lets say taking some planets have factories that cut your cost or makes it nothing to rearm and repair if you hold them, other wise you pay a fee that is not gonna break factions. I would make taking a certain planet more desired, and give a slight edge to the factions that can take and hold that planet.

#94 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:44 AM

View PostMr Beefy, on 24 October 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

Regardless if it is or isn't brought back in, and that is another heated topic by many, it should still go back up. If they want to figure out a way to include re-arm/repair in CW, that is fine with me. It would add content, depth.....lets say taking some planets have factories that cut your cost or makes it nothing to rearm and repair if you hold them, other wise you pay a fee that is not gonna break factions. I would make taking a certain planet more desired, and give a slight edge to the factions that can take and hold that planet.

Great idea I hope this is added to seriously. I have been a big fan of this upcomming faction wars for a while and this is a good one.

It adds incentive for loyalist players and Merc Corps to do well for their faction.

#95 Alexander MacTaggart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:46 AM

View PostMoonlander, on 24 October 2014 - 08:34 AM, said:

I pulled what I like to call "the Alexander MacTaggart Dive" for an example in this wonderful thread.

The mad is strong in this one, yes...

#96 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:57 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 24 October 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

Great idea I hope this is added to seriously. I have been a big fan of this upcomming faction wars for a while and this is a good one.

It adds incentive for loyalist players and Merc Corps to do well for their faction.

Seriously.... PGI has a chance here to fix some major issues in one very simple stroke with out dumping to much dev time into it. I am not a fan of removing the grind in a f2p game. We all know they need to make money to make this happen. I am a fan of removing a extremely painful grind that we have had for the last 2 years.... the ones that are not in favor have been here so long and have so many needed Items and mechs... the only logical reason I can come up with is that they want the new players coming in to grind it out for 6 months/4-8 hours a day to obtain even 15 mechs to play with and a decent base of modules to pick from, and only one of each at that if they are lucky. This model will not sustain itself and is toxic in so many ways to anyone other than DIE hard supporters of BT, and even with us, we have our limits.

I am sorry you guys had to do it, and if that is the reason you can give to wanting others to experience the same extremely painful grind, This game will be doomed to fail before CW gets here, unless you consider a small and toxic player base a winner, wake up guys!

#97 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:59 AM

How do you help someone who admits he isn't a swift learner in a game that requires adaption to both players and game dev changes, and requires a player's own skill progression?

This isn't whack-a-mole(well maybe if you're a skilled Direwolf pilot in a cooperative PuG), things change constantly, tactics, builds, specs and models. I'm not sure there is a solution for this guy, because if it wasn't changes to rewards(though some with a personal bias against the reward changes will jump on this to further their campaign)that would have stumped him, something else down the line would have.

So assuming this guy not being too bright wasnt hyperbole, the only thing I can think of...

Posted Image

Edited by CocoaJin, 24 October 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#98 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:59 AM

Well..... back to the grind... I have to buy one more storm crow so I can get them mastered. I only have around 1 million saved, for it, and might have to sell back my last Blowva that I have mastered for a 1/3 loss so I can even get my last crow. Boy, CW is sure gonna be fun with 3 storm crows and one kitfox guys... and only one radar dep and one siesmic sensor to stretch across 4 mechs. :(

#99 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:04 AM

View PostAlexander MacTaggart, on 24 October 2014 - 08:46 AM, said:

The mad is strong in this one, yes...

Mad? Wat? Are you just saying stuff to make yourself look internet cool because you have no real argument? Isn't that cute. If you're going to pretend, please put your meme's in a picture so it's at the very least, entertaining.

#100 SharpCookie

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:04 AM

Last night had a loss streak of 7 games over a hour and half. Every game I start off telling the team to regroup, but what can you expect with PUGs that blindly rush off at match start to meet the enemy and perish... Majority were stomps, with less than 4 down on the enemy team, and each one results in 30k-60k c-bills...

Below is a win using a medium mech from this morning. I can say I definitely contributed to the team effort, and the reward was lackluster.

Posted Image
Overall, getting less c-bills than before.

Edited by SharpCookie, 24 October 2014 - 09:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users