724 replies to this topic

#721 Tynan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 277 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:10 PM

View PostKraftySOT, on 27 October 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

Noooo...individual performance being rewarded is great.

Thats the best part of the new rewards. Is that one person can make 30k for a loss, while the other guy makes 165k because he was doing everything he could to help win, but lost anyways.

Ideally, yes, I agree. The issue is more one of implementation--a few pages back up this thread was someone with around seven hundred damage, a handful of kills, assists, spots, saviors, who got barely over 100k. That shouldn't be possible, but some of the reward numbers are out of whack.

I'm 100% on board with the intention of this system and applaud the effort, but I think the way the rewards hit needs some tweaking.

#722 KraftySOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:17 PM

View PostAstrocanis, on 27 October 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

- If your goal is to be beneath contempt, insult away. As I said, your more recent posts are an improvement.

Simply because of the people responding. My tone was completely different with Vassago than with Beefy. Get and give.

View PostTynan, on 27 October 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

Ideally, yes, I agree. The issue is more one of implementation--a few pages back up this thread was someone with around seven hundred damage, a handful of kills, assists, spots, saviors, who got barely over 100k. That shouldn't be possible, but some of the reward numbers are out of whack.

I'm 100% on board with the intention of this system and applaud the effort, but I think the way the rewards hit needs some tweaking.

Why not? on a loss, and if those kills were last hits, and if the damage was all from component destruction because the last hit was an XL engine, most of that damage wasnt from shooting the enemy, thus no hit and run and flanking rewards no protection rewards etc...

He might have fired 4 times, hitting side torsos, knocking out 4 xl engines, and doing only 200 actual damage, and then 400 damage from the components HPs.

Might very well have been a horrible game.

IF you fire alot, narc alot, tag alot, spot alot, back up and then forward and shoot (thus getting Hit and Run) and live for most of the match. Youll be space rich.

If you sit at the back of the ball, then run forward and alpha strke 3 things to death, you wont make diddly.

Thats a great improvement.

And without a stream you have no idea what the content of the match was.

I beat that guy:

Posted Image

And thats a horrible game. I never got a chance to shoot anything. I just tagged and narced.

Imagine if also got 24k of flanking, 24k of hit and run, a killing blow and brawler, and did 500 damage.

That would be a 300k match. 450 after premium.

As it was I did 69 damage, only spotted once (if I did that 6 more times, thats 12k more)

Edited by KraftySOT, 27 October 2014 - 01:15 PM.

#723 RetroActive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:17 PM

I'm not sure why peoples' experiences are so different. I haven't changed my play style one bit and I'm definitely making more CBills now than I was before the change.

#724 KraftySOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:18 PM

What if I would have stuck with my lance, id have gotten 8k from that. If I also did most damage, theres more money...

I look at that 141k and I think...

Should have been 300.

View PostRetroActive, on 27 October 2014 - 01:17 PM, said:

I'm not sure why peoples' experiences are so different. I haven't changed my play style one bit and I'm definitely making more CBills now than I was before the change.

Because your play style happens to match up with what the new rewards want you to do. Some peoples didnt.

Edited by KraftySOT, 27 October 2014 - 01:18 PM.

#725 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:19 PM

Due to the number of reports we are getting from this thread it is closed for now!

I'll sort through it as soon as I can.

In the meantime I'd like to remind everyone that each and eavery single opinion should be considered valid, no matter if you agree with it or not. Attacking each other over an argument, does not help you make a point, unless you want to point out, that you do not really want to argue. If that should be the case, I'd like to remind you that posting to disturb a thread is a code of conduct violation. I hope that this was no ones intent.

Edited by Egomane, 27 October 2014 - 01:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users