I Don't Want This Game To Be Casual Friendly!

117 replies to this topic

#1 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:32 AM

All these C-bill posts are making me sick. I don't know what is causing all this sympathy for non-hardcores but I don't want them in the game unless they too will become hardcore in the end.

This game should be about CW and dedicated faction hatred and the roleplaying associated with that.

By letting casuals increase in number I am less likely to see faction appropriate livery and trash talk. That lessens my enjoyment quite a bit.

People who are worried about PGI's bottom line are not correct. You give them money and they don't hire more map guys, they redirect it to failed MechWarrior Tactics or Transverse.

People can speculate all they want about player numbers and how that affects matchmaker but without real data it is pointless and anecdotal.

Noobs/Casuals don't need advocates. They can speak for themselves. This is not a joke thread.

Edited by Spheroid, 26 October 2014 - 11:00 AM.

#2 giovanni blasini

Rookie

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:46 AM

This is not a joke thread.

Well, I'm not sure that I agree with you there, Francis.

#3 zagibu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:56 AM

I don't think you will see the same amount of casuals in this game as in other free to play games ever, it's just too niche and the new player experience is not pleasant enough.

So you should be happy, it could be a lot worse in this regard.

#4 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:04 AM

Wow.

Even other Kuritan's must be shaking their heads...

(Well at least some of them, I'm sure some of them are still sounding out the big words)

There's your "role play" element...

As a "casual" player, I've now sunk over $500 in this game. I think PGI would be glad I'm here. I will continue to be a casual player, and I will likely continue to spend money on this game as the whim takes me. I have no intention of becoming "hardcore" (what a laugh), ever. This is a GAME. get over yourself already.

Many of the mechs I pilot are associated with Capellan forces. I admit this was more by accident than design, but I fail to see it's relevance at all. As long as I'm not piloting a clan mech under a Capellan flag, who cares? And then really, who cares if I do? We have no CW (yet) so what difference dies it make?

I shouldn't play, because somehow me being a casual player takes away from YOUR enjoyment?

Seriously?

Very hard to take anything you say seriously at this point.

#5 Xythius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 343 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:05 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 26 October 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

This is not a joke thread.

Thats -exactly- what this is.

0/10

~Xythius

#6 Logan Hawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 504 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:06 AM

>mfw this is the exact kind of person that shouldn't have their way

0/10 did not laugh

#7 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:12 AM

Casual players are not necessarily those who arent passionate or knowledgable about the franchise. Its about time avaikable to commit, skill level and other related factors.

Learn the terms of the discussion before ranting if you want to look credible and less like a clown. Simple really.

#8 Tor6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:14 AM

You actually made me sign in for the first time in weeks to laugh at how dumb this thread is. Good job.

#9 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:14 AM

All these C-bill posts are making me sick. I don't know what is causing all this sympathy for non-hardcores but I don't want them in the game unless they too will become hardcore in the end.

This game should be about CW and dedicated faction hatred and the roleplaying associated with that.

By letting casuals increase in number I am less likely to see faction appropriate livery and trash talk. That lessens my enjoyment quite a bit.

People who are worried about PGI's bottom line are not correct. You give them money and they don't hire more map guys, they redirect it to failed MechWarrior Tactics or Transverse.

People can speculate all they want about player numbers and how that affects matchmaker but without real data it is pointless and anecdotal.

Noobs/Casuals don't need advocates. They can speak for themselves. This is not a joke thread.

Yup.

But on the other side of the same coin, we hardcores (even freeloading ones) need targets and short wait times for matches. We need these jerks sadly.

#10 salkeee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 172 posts
  • LocationTree House

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:17 AM

View PostKraftySOT, on 26 October 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

Yup.

But on the other side of the same coin, we hardcores (even freeloading ones) need targets and short wait times for matches. We need these jerks sadly.

Now who is the jerk here?

#11 Furious Zen Master

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:21 AM

Posts like that are the reason why i visit the forum every day. Makes me feel so much better about myself.

#12 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:25 AM

@Major: I see you have not picked a faction yet. When will you become fully engaged?

#13 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:26 AM

View Postsalkeee, on 26 October 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

Now who is the jerk here?

Its still the people complaining about their free cake to time ratio. Jerk is a pretty low end 'insult' to the point where its just an adjective to describe behavior.

Looking gift horses in the mouth, usually makes one a jerk. Jerks are everywhere. Theyre at your job, theyre in traffic, they walk their dogs past your house, their kids spill stuff in your favorite bistro...jerks are a fundamental and integral part of life. Without them....who mans the phones at call centers?

Here...if we had no jerks...we'd have a fraction of the player base we currently have. Its just a statement of fact, not an insult directed at an individual. Even games entirely behind pay walls with no free play options, you have jerks. Without jerks, the servers of every game would be empty.

Its actually a positive counter to the OPs comment. That we should just forget the jerks entirely. Nay I say. The jerks are an important part of MWO.

#14 NovaFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:29 AM

Careful, lests your opinions force your Coordinator to take his life to purge the shame this sort of thinking brings.

#15 Vandul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:33 AM

OP, get real. New blood means new money to PGI which means further development. They darn well better start catering to the new player/casual/noob (take your pick), or this game will devolve into a bunch of grumpy ex tabletop battletech players who cant find matches because the servers are empty.

Also, Steam™.

#16 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:33 AM

you don't want players in the game....hmmm, you shouldn't be in charge of anything monetary...

#17 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:57 AM

Games are often made or broken by how friendly they are for casual players. Ideally, you want a game that's accessable to casual players, as casual players can become hard core players, and many casual players can become paying players (as their casual nature often means they value time over money, at least as far as the game is concerned).

If a game is hard core all the time, it becomes harder to be hard core for it, as it requires effort. Eventually, you find players move to other games.

Casual friendly = More players = More money = healthier game.

On a side note, I'd consider myself a hardcore fan, but I hardly get too into the hardcore unit hatred.

#18 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:01 PM

Mechwarrior online.
The serious, hardcore, deep, tactical F2P shooter for the thinking roleplayer.

Apply at the front desk for your mandatory daishi LBX boat, laservomit madcat, SRMbomb shadowhawk, or classic brawler atlas DDC.

#19 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:06 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 26 October 2014 - 12:01 PM, said:

Mechwarrior online.
The serious, hardcore, deep, tactical F2P shooter for the thinking roleplayer.

Apply at the front desk for your mandatory daishi LBX boat, laservomit madcat, SRMbomb shadowhawk, or classic brawler atlas DDC.

Robots.

#20 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:08 PM

Without those "casuals" that you feel nobody should be allowed to advocate for, you would have zero chance of getting faction appropriate livery, trash talk or just about anything, including content of any type or even game servers.

Because the game would be dead and buried.

ggclose

Edited by Scratx, 26 October 2014 - 12:10 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users