November Roadmap - Feedback

332 replies to this topic

#41 KraftySOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:32 PM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 30 October 2014 - 12:28 PM, said:

Russ obviously does not use LRMs enough to understand the changes that need to be in place.

Direct Fire needs to be upgraded, Indirect Fire needs to be downgraded, shake needs to be WAY lowered.

Remove ECM's stealth shield, allow it to cancel Artemis/TAG/NARC bonuses.

Done.

What they did here is dumb.

I agree with the solution, but something like that doesnt seem like something they have time to do. This is fine. Its better than before. A babystep but...whatever.

Clearly direct LRMs need a buff, indirect needs a nerf entirely, and ECM needs a rework, but theyve said numerous times they have no time for that until like March of next year. Its not the end of hte world LRMs arent that big of deal other than tournament weekends.

And I expect to seem them in full force this weekend farming the halloween prizes.

But most of the tme theyre just...meh..

#42 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:33 PM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 30 October 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

He has no f'ing idea.

You get your wish

#43 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:37 PM

Was the banhammer just dropped? :lol:

Edited by cSand, 30 October 2014 - 12:38 PM.

#44 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

View PostVanillaG, on 30 October 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

Are you saying that you are changing BAP to counter ECM when your mech also equips ECM? As of right now if both BAP and ECM are equipped you must set ECM to counter as the BAP functionality is disabled.

I am going to double check this right now, perhaps there is a bug at play.

#45 DasSibby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 259 posts

View PostRuss Bullock, on 30 October 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

You get your wish

Don't pay attention to this troll Russ. You guys are doing awesome. New Maps, amazing communication, polls asking us which mechs we want first.... Really. You guys are hitting it out of the park.

That's the reason why I bought the highest level of the Resistance pack. As just a little way of saying, "Thanks!" for doing such a great job!

P.S. I cannot WAIT to try out all of the mechs when the quirks are put in! :D

#46 Minoxen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:38 PM

Thanks very much for the Updates!

Really Excited about the Husband Wife Duo.. Lori and Grayson? Locust + Shadowhawk? Hope for some sexy grey death paint schemes.

My Main concern is the BAP change. 360m is a Dramatic shift to an already pretty decent device. The 160m vs 180m that ECM reached was an interesting dynamic that required entering into the ECM bubble to be able to cancel it. Granted BAP's bonuses might not be great for the 1.5tons, but it does have a purpose for LRM and Streak mechs. Enhancing its other things like powered down mech range and targeting range could be enough to get it on the battlefield more often.

The 3 ton Command console needs more attention if making a device worth its tonnage is the goal.

#47 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:39 PM

First Russ, thanks for posting your thought process on the laser changes as it gives us an incite into why.

However, I really wish you would lay off the heat on the Clan weapons. We are already in a situation where you need about 10-15% more DHS on clan mechs to offset the same firepower levels as a IS mech. I think on one build I calculated 22 Clan DHS as comparable to an IS mech mounting 18 DHS given the same level of firepower. Now your adding yet another 1 heat to the C-LPL, which I at least typically mount as a low heat alternative to an ER PPC when I need a heavy energy weapon but don't have enough DHS to keep ER PPCs cool. At 10 heat however, it is really starting to get up there and no longer becoming that low heat option. I will keep an open mind but your obsession with heat just kills me hehe.

Also Active Probes. 360m is too much for a general counter to ECM. Most engagement ranges take place at 200-400m which means currently, an ECM mech sticking with the team and acting as a screen for them, can still provide that screen while actively engaging enemy mechs out to say roughly 300m for IS and 450m for Clans. 360m means it is going to push many ECM mechs outside of their effective engagement ranges and most importantly away from their teams once the teams close to optimal combat ranges. As soon as even one mech equipped with BAP reaches 360m, you eliminate the role of an ECM screener leaving ECM only useful for snipers, a role most teams look down upon anymore since ECM helps virtually no one if the ECM equiped mech is off in the corner somewhere doing their own thing.

Also LRMs will again me a major problem because their one hard counter will be negated. As soon as the brawlers get within 360m, ECM screen dies and LRM boats will have a field day. LRMageddon here we come.

As an alternative what you might want to try is just make it so mechs actively carrying probes are required to manually expose only their actively locked target to targeting by mechs on their own team. This would make them kind of like TAG or NARC in that the active probe equipped mech would have to actually target an enemy mech rather than just passively exposing the entire enemy team just by being in the vicinity (including standing in a place protected from fire). Actually I rather like this idea.

Also just to make it clear, my favorite mech and build does not use ECM but does use an Active Probe so I am suggesting this out of balance, not to protect ECM.

#48 Wo0t

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 51 posts
  • LocationHere, there, everwhere!

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 30 October 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

Can you please just make ECM do what it was supposed to do?

Change it to counter Artemis/NARC/TAG/BAP and let every mech mount it.

Then you can stop making stupid band-aid changes and PROPERLY balance LRMs by doing a ground up rework.

And lowering LRM damage is dumb as hell. Jesus.

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 30 October 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

Don't ignore me, why the hell do you guys always ignore the important problems in this game.

Go home you're drunk.

#49 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:40 PM

View PostHeffey, on 30 October 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

Hero shadowhawk and locust??

That would be my guess as well. Grayson and Lori.

#50 Khavi Vetali

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 277 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostMinoxen, on 30 October 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

The 3 ton Command console needs more attention if making a device worth its tonnage is the goal.

This, Command Console implementation is a joke right now for a piece of equipment that could have a very creative and interesting implementation in affecting multiple mechs/lances or the whole company. A half functioning targeting computer is not worth three tons on any mech. Especially when BAP and a module do nearly the same thing.

#51 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:41 PM

I'm just wondering how many players will actually take BAP?

A lot don't take AMS.

#52 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:42 PM

View PostHeffey, on 30 October 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

Hero shadowhawk and locust??

I'm thinking Shadowhawk and Wolverine.

#53 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:47 PM

View PostBarantor, on 30 October 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

A lot don't take AMS.

AMS IMHO is required equipment on any mech that goes under 80, and most mechs that go under 100. I have a few builds where it just doesn't fit, but otherwise, AMS is awesome. It even helps with SRMs (though not a lot), so it's been useful as SRMs have come back into style.

#54 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:52 PM

View PostDasSibby, on 30 October 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

Don't pay attention to this troll Russ. You guys are doing awesome. New Maps, amazing communication, polls asking us which mechs we want first.... Really. You guys are hitting it out of the park.

That's the reason why I bought the highest level of the Resistance pack. As just a little way of saying, "Thanks!" for doing such a great job!

P.S. I cannot WAIT to try out all of the mechs when the quirks are put in! :D

Thanks

#55 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:53 PM

View PostBarantor, on 30 October 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

I'm just wondering how many players will actually take BAP?

A lot don't take AMS.

If it stays at 360m counter range to ECM, every fricken mech I own will be mounting BAP. Honestly 360m is so OPed it isn't funny. 360m is a pretty normal standard engagement range that I wouldn't even have to think about trying to maintain and I will be able to counter the entire enemies ECM screen and letting my team rain LRMs in while doing it. Honestly ECM will become useless for screening the team if this goes in. Its only use will be on lights using it as a personal stealth field, and mounting a couple ER LLs to stand off in the distance sniping.

Also the Loki might just end up semi-DOA as the ECM was the only thing that had a chance to make it as good as the TBR. It might end up still being a decent mech but in almost all cases, the extra 5 tons of pod space a TBR can bring to the table, plus the optional JJs, will make it a better choice.

#56 Wo0t

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 51 posts
  • LocationHere, there, everwhere!

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:53 PM

View PostBront, on 30 October 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

I'm thinking Shadowhawk and Wolverine.

That would be awesome!

#57 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:54 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 30 October 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

I am going to double check this right now, perhaps there is a bug at play.

Not a bug:
http://mwomercs.com/...23-21-may-2013/

#58 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:54 PM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 30 October 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

anger

Can you please drop this childish and insulting attitude? You're making me nausious.

#59 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:57 PM

View PostMinoxen, on 30 October 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

My Main concern is the BAP change. 360m is a Dramatic shift to an already pretty decent device. The 160m vs 180m that ECM reached was an interesting dynamic that required entering into the ECM bubble to be able to cancel it. Granted BAP's bonuses might not be great for the 1.5tons, but it does have a purpose for LRM and Streak mechs. Enhancing its other things like powered down mech range and targeting range could be enough to get it on the battlefield more often.

Well maybe you will be proven right - but remember a 1.5 ton ECM essentially has an infinite distance protection bubble. BAP for the IS weighs the same 1.5 tons -mech's choosing to equip it should be getting similar amount of value as the ECM user.

This to me meant they needed to be able negate the ECM mech in a reasonable brawling range rather than needing to be on top of the ECM mech.

The ECM mech will still fill an important role in moving it's heavies and Assaults through the map under ECM protection until the battle turns into a brawl.

#60 warner2

• 1,101 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:58 PM

Grayson and Lori, Shadow Hawk and Locust.

I have to say I can't quite believe CERML and CLPL got a buff (CERML is a small buf, CLPL is a significant buff boosting range, alpha, accuracy and DPS). Combinations of those two weapons are some of the strongest builds in the game (for obvious reasons - no ghost heat, decent range, 1 ton CERML, etc., etc.) especially on a Stormcrow or Timber Wolf. Did Clan laser vomit really need buffing? I'm confused.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users