• Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:25 AM

Holy crap that map looks sweet.
Deckls sound sweet.
King Crab looks sweet.
It's all sweet.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 04 November 2014 - 11:45 AM.

#42 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:25 AM

Just wow on that swamp map guys, THAT was worth the wait, just amazing looking, reminds me more of the old school mechwarrior maps of old that had a lot of "character" to them for the time (massive structures, desert sand blowing, dunes etc etc)

#43 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,030 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:26 AM

View PostMarcs Birger, on 04 November 2014 - 11:10 AM, said:

Why did you guys pick this quirk system over a well made sized hard point system? Were you aware that the quirks will lower the time to kill even further than what it currently is? Its not that hard to figure out that if X weapon was made to reach out further, travel faster, recharge quicker, produce less heat, have a shorter duration or any combination of these the time needed to eliminate a mech becomes even shorter.

Weren't you guys trying to give more incentives for light and medium mech pilots to actually drive said mechs? All this does to them now is getting crippled or even insta-gibbed even faster.

A proper sized hardpoint system would of increased the TTK on all sides as well as provide more mech variety on the playing field and actually promoting role warfare.

in my opinion sized hardpoints would NOT increase mech diversity, at all - it would CHANGE which mechs are viable, but i really doubt it would add more, unless you upsized a LOT of hardpoints from stock builds - otherwise people would simply flock to whichever chassis comes stock with a bunch of big guns.. and if you upgrade lots of hardpoint sizes it then just becomes an exercise in banning specific builds, basically.

Quirks wont (shouldn't, ill come to that) decrease TTK, because the mechs getting heavily quirked ARE NEVER USED, and a mech that isn't on the field doesn't have a time to kill.

However, the quirks have in some cases gone too far, and in the interview russ reveals why i think - he specifically says they have quirked the Dragon 1N with gauss rifles, and that it only has 1B hardpoint. However it has 2 hardpoints and they have quirked AC5s. a gauss with 1/3 of normal cooldown is powerful, but i don't think a single gauss on a dragon is going to be too overpowered, so what he SAID makes sense. but 2x AC5 with triple rate of fire is very different, and very overpowered, and that's what they have done...

#44 dr lao

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWashington state

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:30 AM

Teasing Dr. Lao hu
I see those Chinese lanterns cant wait for the new stuff to come out I think it will make it much easier to find dedicated player's .

Posted Image

#45 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:33 AM

So I don't understand something. At around 8:25 in the video, Russ says,

"We felt that it was important or most important, to look at the mech from the perspective from its hard points in relation to the rest of its variants and try to figure out, what would make the mech most competitive rather than look at what quirks make the most sense for its stock load out."

Centurions specifically were mentioned, regarding their LRM's, was deemed "not the best way to become competitive with a centurion" but by the metapowers that be, determined it must be a brawler/skirmisher, and that's where the bonus perks should go? I don't understand the logic in promoting niche metabuilding, instead of buffing stock loadouts give alternatives to bottlenecking what a mech should do.

#46 BenAran

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 92 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:36 AM

I thought the Overlord Package also counted D:

#47 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:40 AM

Thing is, the map looks pretty detailed, and it seems that lights are now going to have the advantage on this map. Also: mini skirmishes everywhere because no one know where to go... at least, from what I see so far...

#48 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:41 AM

Great news on long-awaited features. PGI is alot more responsive with information and I will be throwing money at MWO in appreciation. This is another good vlog with good content. Production value was good being simple but effective.

Paul is a damn handsome man and all (almost making me question my own orientation.. I guess Im PGI-curious) but rather than look at him for all that time I would like to see more footage office walk throughs or post-patch game play and mechlab stuff.

#49 Hullen Low

Rookie

• The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:44 AM

The map looks great and is different from most current maps, ie. color palette.

But I would like to see more things that make you feel like you are towering over everything in a mech. Crimson Straight does a good job of it, but the mech factory and the HPG station don't give the player a sense of piloting a giant mech.

#50 Senor Cataclysmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:44 AM

Oh my God. That Crab. I must have it. Err... as Isorla for the Jade Falcon scientist caste to reverse engineer of course! 80 dollars for the resistance pack. What is that in Kerenskys?

#51 Radiant Mass

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:54 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 04 November 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

in my opinion sized hardpoints would NOT increase mech diversity, at all - it would CHANGE which mechs are viable, but i really doubt it would add more, unless you upsized a LOT of hardpoints from stock builds - otherwise people would simply flock to whichever chassis comes stock with a bunch of big guns.. and if you upgrade lots of hardpoint sizes it then just becomes an exercise in banning specific builds, basically.

Not exactly. If a well made and level headed sized harpoint system were in place it would incetivise more players in to keeping more chassis variants as well as other mechs. Example I can give you would be the Catapult.

Take the C1 and C4. Fairly similar in the current system. but add a sized hard point system like the one I proposed and both mechs would fill a role.

Excerpt from the proposal:

Spoiler

CPLT-C1: LA- 1 CLASS 3 MISSILE | LT- 1 CLASS 2 ENERGY | CT- 2 CLASS 1 ENERGY | RT- 1 CLASS 2 ENERGY | RA- 1 CLASS 3 MISSILE.

CPLT-C4: LA- 1 CLASS 4 MISSILE, 1 CLASS 1 MISSILE | CT- 2 CLASS 1 ENERGY RA- 1 CLASS 4 MISSILE, 1 CLASS 1 MISSILE.

As you can see, the C1 will keep its stock loadout with some flexibility of loading larger energy weapons while the C4 would benefit of its larger launchers capable of lobbing a full LRM20 salvo and an additional missile pack.

Both are now balanced and provide the player with a choice. If you want to fire more missiles and keep some energy weapons choose the C4, want a balance of energy and misiles? Choose the C1. Both will fill a role.

#52 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:58 AM

View PostSarlic, on 04 November 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

Will there be a a transcription for the hearing impaired? Thank you very much!

I'm sure one will be along shortly. They've usually released a transcript within 12 hours of the video or so.

#53 Mordynak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 374 posts
  • LocationThe United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:59 AM

Any idea why the comments are disabled on the video?

#54 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:00 PM

HEAD EXPLODES

#55 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:09 PM

I like the changes that have happened to the forthcoming planetary warfare system. Does this mean you've gotten rid of the token system?

Decals, still no ETA?

Keen to try out the new quirks on my 'Mechs... would be nice to see if they help improve my experience.

I love that you mentioned that CW will NOT just be between the stupid Clans and the Inner Sphere.

Still confused on the faction system... these should be based on individual choice, as a background, and then extant Merc Corps' will get the best of all worlds, averaging out loyalty points. My friends and I are still confused over why you're having this work the way it's working, and why it's so far removed from what you originally wanted to do? However, I think we'll just wait and see, and then make further recommendations for the system.

Otherwise, PGI, you've come one hell of a long way since October 2011, and you have every right to be proud of yourselves. Well done, all.

#56 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:10 PM

First... Call me an idiot... but, I would rather see Russ, to playing MWO, if he speaks in a DevVlog, instead of Bombadil...

Second.. Nice new map colors... but.. THERE IS FOG!.. on this map... I am pretty sure... I will never see those colors... That fog will freez my PC, or I will see just white wall, with 7 fps... :( ... sadly... I hoped an "easier" map, after the "fps killer" Factory...

But, I think, that other, (not-so-poor) player will enjoy it...

Edited by Sky Hawk, 04 November 2014 - 12:10 PM.

#57 VagGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:18 PM

custom decals?! CUSTOM DECALS?!!?!??!

#58 GRAND MASTER GORE

• PipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 66 posts
  • LocationStuttgart

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:22 PM

..Mechwarrior is a... very ambitious project... xD

Edited by Grand Gore, 04 November 2014 - 12:37 PM.

#59 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:26 PM

Those DECALS!

(FedCom? :huh: :D )

THAT MAP! That looks really badass!

#60 A Man In A Can