Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:29 AM

View Postjay35, on 08 April 2015 - 06:51 AM, said:

I hope this post is viewed as constructive, because it's crucial that we correct certain posters here that apparently are isolated into their own warped view of things and still desire bad mechanics for MWO, think they're the core audience when they aren't, and waste everyone's time with their demands that bring little value to discussions around the future of this product.

Interesting.

This is "a BattleTech game", but apparently, BattleTech players and fans are not the core audience. Sounds very logic.

Besides, i have seen pretty much no one ever suggesting random hits in MWO or something like that, and for sure, very few of the suggestions made by BT fans are "low-IQ". Things like a cone of fire, convergence, targeting computer mechanic, deeper unit management, deeper strategic features, bigger, not-arena maps, more interesting and open game modes than deathmatch, are quite the opposite.

#202 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:57 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 08 April 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

This is "a BattleTech game", but apparently, BattleTech players and fans are not the core audience. Sounds very logic.

I see people say that, and it makes no sense. I'm a Battletech fan, and feel like the game caters perfectly to us.

Battletech is about the universe. There are many ways to implement and play in it, from TT, FPS, sims, etc. MWO has just chosen this particular Battletech implementation, and done a pretty damn good job at it.

If you limit what can be considered a "Battletech Game" to arbitrary limitations, then the problem isn't with MWO. It's with you. This is still a Battletech game. We have mechs. We have mercs. We have Houses. We have Clans (as lame as they may be). This is a Battletech game without doubt.

Edited by Heffay, 08 April 2015 - 10:58 AM.

#203 jay35

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:01 AM

View PostHeffay, on 08 April 2015 - 10:19 AM, said:

Posted Image

:blink:

(sorry, had to :D)

Yeah, and look at how few of those since 2013. :)

View PostCyclonerM, on 08 April 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

Interesting.

This is "a BattleTech game", but apparently, BattleTech players and fans are not the core audience.

Except if you pay attention, it's not actually a Battletech game in the sense you mean, it just shares the universe. It's not billed as an official Battletech game i.e., using the BT ruleset. No previous MechWarrior game (2, 3, or 4) has been billed as such. They don't use the Battletech name in an official capacity. Just like Mech Assault did not use either the Battletech or the Mech Warrior trademarks because if differs from both of those constructs.

Besides, i have seen pretty much no one ever suggesting random hits in MWO or something like that

Then you haven't been paying attention. Cone of fire, hit randomization, greater amounts of screen and cursor shake and other RNG factors, have all been proposed many times around here.

Edited by jay35, 08 April 2015 - 05:28 PM.

#204 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:53 PM

View Postjay35, on 08 April 2015 - 11:01 AM, said:

Except if you pay attention, it's not actually a Battletech game in the sense you mean, it just shares the universe. It's not billed as an official Battletech game i.e., using the BT ruleset. No MechWarrior game (2, 3, 4, or MWO) has been billed as such. They don't use the Battletech name in an official capacity. Just like Mech Assault did not use either the Battletech or the Mech Warrior trademarks because if differs from both of those constructs.

Posted Image

#205 jay35

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:28 PM

View PostHeffay, on 08 April 2015 - 12:53 PM, said:

Posted Image

Thanks, Fixed my wording accordingly. That's still an anomaly rather than the norm.

#206 Ialdabaoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 329 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:10 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 01 April 2015 - 09:55 AM, said:

I appreciate that. But if those players generally want features or philosophies that are arguably bad for the game, as many of them do, then you know what? They need to be ignored. That's just the tough reality of it. A Founder's title doesn't make your ideas right nor your wallet bigger in PGI's eyes. They can't afford to think like that.

Repair and rearm is not a good idea. Even other BT hardcores don't want that. Sticking players into one weight class for their entire career, as I've seen some of them want for "story" and "immersion" purposes, is just pure inaccessibility for no good reason. Large MWLL-style maps that require ten minutes of looking for the enemy is only going to drive players away.

Now, you want to talk about gameplay issues that affect us all, that don't immediately drive people off but involve simple choices, and are indisputably GOOD for the game, fine. Like better mechlab, better economy, single-player and co-op missions, and a deeper CW that involves force movement and drop costs, real Merc life, etc. That stuff is great. Or, if you want to put things like RnR and large maps into a separate game mode for the players jonesing for a more immersive challenge, that works too, as long as you've got the player base to support it.

Personally, I don't think that sticking players into one weight class for their entire career is correct.

Sticking CHARACTERS into one weight class? absolutely.

In virtually every MMORPG, you have the option of playing multiple different characters per account.

A single character, though, playing in "story mode", should absolutely have to deal with all the immersive hassles of 31st century warfare.

There should absolutely be non-"story" options, but those of us who want an immersive experience should be able to create a character, create a team, and play through.

#207 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:30 AM

You can do that. It's called role playing. You don't have to artificially limit yourself to what the game provides.

#208 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:03 AM

View PostIaldabaoth, on 08 April 2015 - 10:10 PM, said:

Personally, I don't think that sticking players into one weight class for their entire career is correct.

Sticking CHARACTERS into one weight class? absolutely.

In virtually every MMORPG, you have the option of playing multiple different characters per account.

A single character, though, playing in "story mode", should absolutely have to deal with all the immersive hassles of 31st century warfare.

There should absolutely be non-"story" options, but those of us who want an immersive experience should be able to create a character, create a team, and play through.

Mechs are like tanks, they work rather similar, you are a PILOT and you can pilot different warmachines. Piloting is class, and the mech is your tool. Like the hunter has a bow or gun and the warlock his spells.
But a pilot does not need a special ability, legacy or birththingy to be a light, medium, assault or heavy pilot. he's just a mechwarrior. Thats basically the class, and we play a game where only one class exists.

Edited by Lily from animove, 09 April 2015 - 08:11 AM.

#209 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:42 AM

View Postjay35, on 08 April 2015 - 11:01 AM, said:

Then you haven't been paying attention. Cone of fire, hit randomization, greater amounts of screen and cursor shake and other RNG factors, have all been proposed many times around here.

Sure, i am a fan myself of cone of fire and similar mechanics. But many around here seem to think 99% of us want our mechs to shoot the right foot and the shot hit the left arm or something like that, rolling dices basically. This is false 99% of the times..

And you think that with a cone of fire or Homeless Bil's mechanic the game would be easier and take less skill? I cannot see how that could be. World of Tanks without cone of fire would be even easier..

How would it take less skill if you have to think about how to get a smaller CoF? Maybe you have to walk slower and aim more carefully instead of twitching like in CoD, or get a bit closer instead of popping from cover for 15 minutes, exposing yourself to return fire? And how does it take less skill if you cannot poptart efficiently because your accuracy in mid-air is not quite perfect? Pretty much anything is more complex and takes more skill than point-and-click, quiaff?

Besides, tweaks to the CoF would be another balancing tool for weapons and JJs.

That would make MWO more of a BT game, translating some of the feeling and make it more of a thinking man's shooter.

#210 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 428 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:37 PM

View Postslide, on 06 April 2015 - 11:08 PM, said:

Whilst you are planning your Vlog can please keep in mind that most people who want to see it, would like some information on what is coming.

The last couple of Vlogs were really recaps of what we already had in game and were largely wastes of time as you were preaching to the choir.

Most anybody who visits the forums wants some idea of where this game is headed over the next 6 months or so. You can throw all the Maps and mechs you want at us, but unless there are some fundamental shifts in the game play and some bones are given to your existing players (and I don't mean more free mechs) things are going to continue on a downwards trajectory with regard to veteran and new player alike.

Thank you, sir

The new player experience is absolutely terrible (always has been) but it is far worse now with new players being able to get into CW with zero experience where they get absolutely smashed and then abused by friend a foe alike for being terribads. It is hard enough for veterans let alone new players.

and the masses advice is: get good

If you think my downward spiral is hyperbole, talk to any unit leader and compare their registered numbers, vs those actually playing.

We got like 40-some guys that just don't want anything to do with this game until some common sense gets applied.
Seriously, Russ. No more money, bro...

-Give us our mechs back.
-Reverse the IS ridiculous quirks.
-Increase the IS drop tonnage. (play with the tonnage until we find a happy medium.)
-Setup a min/max dropdeck per the individuals drop to eliminate light rushes and such.
-Leave a dropship on station in the DZ between drops (WITH enough firepower and armor to discourage the spawn camping).
-Fix hit reg on lights. (When a light catches an alpha from a heavy or an assault it should be blown away...seriously)
-Stop penalizing the clans for working together.

#211 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:13 AM

Spoiler

If all you asked for were granted by PGI (reversed IS quirks, elimination of Light Rushes, larger hit boxes on IS Lights and the elimination of CLAN PENALTIES to working together - though what exactly PGI has done to impact Clans-alone is not identified) in my opinion CW would fail within a month, with PGI's Steam Launch also a failure given such CLEAR Clan Prejudices, and PGI going bankrupt before the end of the fiscal year.

PGI walks a fine line when it comes to keeping its largely bifurcated player base (Clans gamers on one side, Inner Sphere gamers on the other) balanced such that the Clans CAN invade but that over time, Inner Sphere RESISTANCE is able to increase to the point where there is at least localized parity.

ANY suggestion by extremists games from one end or the other of Community Warfare threatens to so far UNBALANCE Community Warfare as to seriously harm one or the other player base.

When gamer "tolerance and patience" are shown, PGI manages "by hook and crook" to buy time and space to further develop this exceptionally fine BattleTech Combat Simulation. Furthermore, I would hope for increased monetization opportunities for PGI over our Community's run-up to Steam Release (expected this Summer.)

In many ways Steam Release will see PGI "going ALL IN" when it comes to the future of MWO.

Let's make no mistake, PGI's 50-plus employees do NOT survive on the well-wishes of Free2Play gamers...

...vague and/or specific threats to harm PGI monetization of MWO by using these forums to incite other gamers to withhold MWO purchases should NOT occur IMO.

As far as I am concerned, my family supports PGI very generously through the 3 PAYING accounts my daughters and I maintain in-game. Our support will not change ANY time soon as we thoroughly enjoy the supremely authentic BattleTech Combat Simulator provided to us in MWO by PGI.

And let us not forget, PGI develops a single Title - MechWarrior:Online. We would all soon lament the occurrence if MWO servers were to go as COLD and DEAD as its sister Title - MechWarrior:Tactics - https://www.mwtactics.com/landing/

I advocate working WITHIN PGI's "Feature Suggestion" mechanism rather than trying to coerce PGI toward your way of thinking by making threats toward PGI monetization efforts.

Working WITH the MWO Gaming Community to build a better "CW Experience" is so very much superior to excluding yourself/marginalizing your comments through threat of withholding purchases and attempts to incite others to follow your example.

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 10 April 2015 - 08:59 AM.

#212 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:55 PM

He actually believes that a Steam release will help this game. Bro it's in its death throes, realize this.

#213 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:18 AM

View PostReverend Poison, on 10 April 2015 - 07:28 PM, said:

First, PH....
Spoiler

Rev

And a fine good morning to you too Rev!

While I will refrain from citing a specific amount, I will add that it is twice as much as the number already cited...

All this means is that we have BOTH contributed a great deal toward a game you and your Sons enjoy and that I and my daughters enjoy - PGI wins in BOTH our cases, as it appears our Money has Spoken and Walked a very long way indeed.

As to the rest of your personal comments I will settle for response on two items:

- My "CSJ" icon has ALWAYS been and will remain the baseline Faction of my "Prussian Havoc" account. For the few times it has changed, it was because I was moving off to rendezvous with 228, VRGD and Antares Scorpions to pay them all an aggregate of more than 500-million C-bills to come and take CSJ contracts. NO ONE can manage to denigrate my commintment to CSJ from my "Prussian Havoc" account when confronted by the more than 500-million C-bills I have paid out of pocket to bring CSJ to the cusp of reaching Terra three weeks ago - which ironically was when my CSJ contract with MangoBogadog and his Antares Scorpions CW 12-man Teams lapsed.

- "White Knighting" with so much real-world money already invested in PGI, I am intent on working WITHIN the mechanisms already established by PGI, for example my contributions to the "Feature Suggestions" of MWO:

Single-Front Contracts - http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4176239

Repacy Mercenary Faction overhaul: http://mwomercs.com/...__p__4183507 my contribution to Rapasy's OP: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4187224

Level 20 and Beyond: http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/189611-beyond-level-20-suggestions-and-recommendations/

Beyond "TAGs", Metrics of MWO:CW Value: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4207145

CW Algorithm Suggestions: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4228662

PGI Beta pursuit of New Factions: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4236051 and http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4239157

Mercenary Market: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4244844

Loyalty Point Totals: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4246009

World Valuation: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4343647

So as many can now see, "VOTING" with your wallet is important when keeping the lights on at PGI,

"VOTING" with your creativeity and time WITHIN the boundaries established by PGI for contributions to MWO,CW by opening and responding to "Feature Suggestions" is much more preferable than threats to withhold future MWO purchases.

As to the state of CW at the moment... the Clans failed to reach TERRAN Space. OPN REVIVAL is a failure. A Map Reset has been announced for 22-28APR by Russ (TBD)

Get on board, through both means we help PGI craft the game we all want to experience come Summer '15 / Summer '16...

...and hopefully we can influence PGI to pick up the option on the NEXT MechWarrior Game!

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 11 April 2015 - 06:11 AM.

#214 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:43 AM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 11 April 2015 - 05:18 AM, said:

...and hopefully we can influence PGI to pick up the option on the NEXT MechWarrior Game!

God no. Please just no. This franchise can't handle more of all this.

#215 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:49 PM

View PostTheSilken, on 11 April 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

God no. Please just no. This franchise can't handle more of all this.

PGI "gets it" and is VERY responsive to ALL gamers who care enough to check Twitter for the latest Russ, Paul or Mandy Tweet.

I will take that ANYTIME over a larger company like Microsoft Gamers where "Franchise-legacy" is discounted and there would be ZERO accountability (Twitter) of the Owner/President, Lead Game Designer and Community Manager.

Our Gaming Community is incomparably vibrant and deep... just check out the BattleTech art wok of Shimmering Sword: http://shimmering-sword.deviantart.com as well as the comprehensive holdings of Fan Fiction and continually released core gaming resources (our own Forums as wel as http://www.battlecor...ex.php?cPath=27). And the crowning jewel of BattleTech is definitively PGI's current incarnation of MWO,CW.

I for one am very enthusiastic about the last townhall and the vision Puss has for MWO's way forward.

And I am not alone in my support for PGI when it comes time for Russ to negotiate terms for the next MechWarrior incarnation/game... like I already mentioned and will reinforce again - Russ "gets it" the post-IGP development of MWO proves this conclusively.

If the Steam Launch is as successful as I perceive it to be poised to be, then within 6-months is the #SweetSpot for PGI to begin laying the PR work for the NEXT MechWarrior Video Game... at least that all is IMO and what I hope is brought to fruition.

"Breaking in" a different, larger and UNRESPONSIVE developer (read IGP on steroids!) is the stuff of a gamer's nightmares!

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 11 April 2015 - 02:49 PM.

#216 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:47 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 13 April 2015 - 12:59 PM, said:

Spoiler

Paul, Marquess of Queensberry rules Good Sir! (http://en.m.wikipedi...eensberry_rules)

Where to begin?

I "get it" that at some point you stopped funding PGI's 50-plus employees, server-time, development costs, etc and that is fine with me - it is your personal choice.

I "get it" that you feel PGI has reneged on the "Spirit of What Was Promised to You" by the original IGP press releases.

I "get it" that you have advocated for as long as I can remember for an elaborate, back-breakingly expensive Unit Management system to go along with what we BOTH have agreed in the past is an incredibly accurate and highly entertaining BattleTech Combat Simulator.

I "get it" that Armageddon Unlimited is in many respects you Magnum Opus.

I "get it" you will not change any of your positions one iota based on anything I can provide here... this is NOT that you are closed-minded, rather that you have heard and remained unmoved by my various points and counterpoints multiple times in the past.

Paul, let's set aside much of the constructive criticisms you offered and focus in your first and last paras.

PARA ALPHA: What we have now is an increasingly deep vein of BattleTech Combat Simulator refinements that are evolving a genuinely immersive set of Community Warfare Phase 2 mechanisms and gameplay. Given the quality of Maps and timeliness of PGI hitting the mark on ALL their releases since IGP departed, I am very pleased with the pace and direction of development.

On Thursday Russ will be holding a Townhall on Community Warfare Phase 3. I expect the information then released to be some very exciting highlights to include an update on "World Valuation," Unit Logisitcs and Jumpship Transportation Costs, I am VERY pleased to note that in anticipation of the Map Reset, Paul set the Baseline for CW contracts a full 50% higher than when CW began back in DEC2014 - 75k C-bills and 75 LP.

PARA OMEGA: Consider for a moment how many times and how thoroughly MWO gamers have reviled, castigated and generally abused PGI in these forums (your comments about monkeys above is a prime example.)

This vitriol, these constant caustic comments represent an "enduring hardcore negativity" - ANY new Developer WELL KNOWS how VOCALLY UNGRATEFUL a significant minority of the BattleTech player base will ALWAYS be. This will factor in as a significant detractor for any prospective Developer/Publisher of MW7 (MWO being considered to be MW6.)

Being negative in a general fashion, generating BAD PRESS for the publisher/developer, NEVER being satisfied with the pace of development has become a COTTAGE INDUSTRY for select BattleTech gamers over these past 3, 5, 7-years.

I agree... it is sad that a Developer has to put up with such an UNGRATEFUL minority of vocal gamers... and in a Free2Play game to boot!!!

Anything else of a personal nature that you might be inclined to want to discuss... just PM me and we can meet in NGNG TS.

v/r PH

"Keep it clean, keep it nice."

#217 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:30 AM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 13 April 2015 - 09:47 PM, said:

This vitriol, these constant caustic comments represent an "enduring hardcore negativity" - ANY new Developer WELL KNOWS how VOCALLY UNGRATEFUL a significant minority of the BattleTech player base will ALWAYS be. This will factor in as a significant detractor for any prospective Developer/Publisher of MW7 (MWO being considered to be MW6.)

Relevant:

http://nodontdie.com/anonymous

The videogame audience is sometimes highly terrifying. It's fickle, it's reactionary, and it doesn't care about nuance.

Here's a truism: No one happy goes out of their way to **** on other people's work. No one I'd want to be friends with would find that a useful or productive use of their time. So the only way to deal with people like that is to remove their power by not paying any attention to them.

It's like he's talking right to Kay Wolf. Well, except for that last paragraph (quoted above), which just goes to show exactly why he doesn't talk to him.

#218 Stoned Prophet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:58 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 13 April 2015 - 12:59 PM, said:

snipping of stupid

Tell us what they SAID that they havent done, not what YOU INTERPRETED their meaning to be. get off your high horse, just because you think they should do what you imagined them to be saying, as opposed to the words they actually used.

#219 Alex Warden

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:12 PM

i gotta say i am mostly with Kay here... i quit a while back... not taking a break like i did a few times in the past few years, i know for a fact that this time i quit for good... and it´s mostly due to the lack of identification, the lack of a proper frame that i hoped based on what hopes PGI fed in me a good while ago... i have been waiting for CW for a long time, with -as mentioned - a few breaks due to it taking very long to appear...because i hoped it would change the banality of the game to a deeper, persistant and MWU worthy experience...

and now that it´s there it just isn´t what it could be, and certainly not enough to "reanimate" my deep interest that i have had for the franchise my whole life long... i´ll not repeat here what it is that is NOT there, and i am not going into detail how "what´s there is good" is not enough of an argument for me...

and sure, it´s a personal thing... a personal thing that i share with LOTS of people...people that have been staved off more than a dozen times...

while i had hopes in the past, MWO now feels to me like that: a relic from the past...

but you don´t need to thank me that i payed quite alot of money to make a game that YOU like... yvw ;)

p.s. Steam will probably save this games future at least for a good while, since everything that´s free finds it´s audience there and creates a good flow of "check it out, leave a few dollars, hop to the next game, repeat" from which games like this profit even if they lack of volume... and PGI can rely on that, probably more than on the crowd that initially funded the project...

Edited by Alex Warden, 14 April 2015 - 11:22 PM.

#220 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:42 AM

View PostAlex Warden, on 14 April 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

Spoiler

but you don´t need to thank me that i payed quite alot of money to make a game that YOU like... yvw ;)

p.s. Steam will probably save this games future at least for a good while, since everything that´s free finds it´s audience there and creates a good flow of "check it out, leave a few dollars, hop to the next game, repeat" from which games like this profit even if they lack of volume... and PGI can rely on that, probably more than on the crowd that initially funded the project...

Thank you very much!

While I understand you and a number of others understand this, it is very important to add the Community Warfare is in BETA.

Tomorrow night Russ' primary topic for the Twitch Townhall is Community Warfare BETA Phase 3.

Uniit and Individual Accountability will be added to CW in the form of Unit Logistics for a start and perhaps even "World Valuation."

Care must still be taken at this point because while we ALL want conquering or liberation a world to mean something TANGIBLE, there are Units like TCAF who currently have their "TAG" planted on 75-worlds SIMULTANEOUSLY. "World Valuation" can be so incidentally OP (C-bills income per planet; % savings to buy Factional Mechs per world; transportation cost savings per world; etc) or Units like TCAF would soon own the Universe, thus necessitating a map reset all by themselves...and with much of TCAF's winnings coming from their House LIAO side of the border and directed at House DAVION, it is HIGHLY likely TCAF will be well positioned to once again exact a daily tax on House DAVION of one, two and sometimes even three worlds in a 24-hour period.

The balancing of CW Phase 3 will take some time. PGI has already announced a BETA focus on CW being considered "hard mode." CW Phase 3 and its market dynamics will be that "Lever" by which MWO's BattleTech-experience is raised to new heights - as ACCOUNTABILITY, working toward UNIT SOLVENCY and balancing WORLD VALUATION will require considerable gamer feedback.

I also understand your feelings already of nostalgia for early MWO incarnations...it has been around for a while hasn't it?

But to me that is a STRENGTH of PGI's, they ARE still after refining MWO despite ALL that their gamer-base has put them through... despite ALL that IGP has put them through... Russ, Paul and PGI are still decisively engaged with MWO... AND MWO remains PGI's ONLY title to develop. By having only ONE title in the "barn" of a publisher/developer it quite indicates that PGI is "All In" with regard to MWO, and I applaud them daily for that.

As to Steam... if the MWO servers remain stable on Launch weekend, if the new PvE campaign TRULY is immersive AS WELL AS at least BASICALLY prepares Steam-Gamers for the "HAZZARDS" of Public Queue and CW - THEN Steam should generate a world of GOOD PRESS for PGI and MWO, and the resulting Gamer Interest should drive MONTHS of PGI monetization. I just hope PGI truly has the time and resources to get their ducks in a row for the Steam Release.

You only get one shot at a Steam Release / a "Steam First Impression" for your Title.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users