222 replies to this topic

#61 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:39 AM

PGI, it is VERY cool to see so many positive comments for you, rather than what you've had to put up with for the past two-plus years, and I pray the trend continues on. Lots more to do, I know, but this is beginning to turn out well. Good job, guys.

#62 scruffy416

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:58 AM

View PostVaskadar, on 16 November 2014 - 12:22 AM, said:

When or if the maps are rebuilt, you mean. I look forward to potential expansions or permutations of current maps. Heck, I'd like it if there was more even distribution of heatmaps (for combat) on these maps.

Do your (PGI's) analytics permit such things? Heatmaps are generally a good indicator as to what players tend to gravitate towards. Kills obtained, deaths, etc. are all good indicators of where the action's happening, and allows for better analysis of level design changes that may need to happen. For one thing, I feel that Crimson Strait doesn't use enough of the space available to it effectively to facilitate multiple strategic outcomes. Mostly condensed in the loading bay area by the ship, or the B5-B4 area in the upper city close to the tunnel. Lots of combat in the tunnel due to its chokepoint nature.

https://mwomercs.com...c/img/heatmaps/

enjoy

#63 Hayato1983

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:53 PM

Please rebuild older maps, they need it. Iwould love to see them looking better and playing better than they are right now.

#64 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:54 PM

View Postscruffy416, on 16 November 2014 - 10:58 AM, said:

that is a cool little mapset

#65 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:39 PM

Regarding fixing older maps please for the love of god fix Terra Therma or at least remove it from the solo queue. It's ******* **** and I've had enough of playing that map and the terrible games that happen on it. Literally every other map has some redeeming quality that I can appreciate but this one is just bad, bad, bad. I'm on the verge of simply choosing not to play it and disconnecting whenever it comes up. I would rather play River City Night all day than one drop of Terra Therma and the high likley-hood of yet another bad game AKA a waste of time.

#66 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:43 PM

ECM enabled Locust?

Must...buy... :lol:

#67 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:59 PM

Ohhh.... a 4 ML Shadow Hawk?

Oh my...

I Like It !

More like a Death Hawk.

#68 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:27 PM

Wasn't sure about the new map after #Vlog9, but this #Vlog sold it to me. We still need to see how much fun to play this map will be, but graphics are pretty cool.

ECM Locust also looks really promising! Might even buy it full price.

Shadow Hawk looks good, but i'll probably wait for the sale!

#69 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:25 PM

View PostVaskadar, on 16 November 2014 - 12:22 AM, said:

For one thing, I feel that Crimson Strait doesn't use enough of the space available to it effectively to facilitate multiple strategic outcomes. Mostly condensed in the loading bay area by the ship, or the B5-B4 area in the upper city close to the tunnel. Lots of combat in the tunnel due to its chokepoint nature.

Map revision is definitely something you guys at PGI should look into.

There are also tons of collision issues with assets, as they aren't done on a tight-wrapped collision, but instead using some CSG-type primitive for blocking volumes. Doesn't work out so great, unfortunately.

The reason why Tourmaline Desert, Mining Collective, Canyon Network, River City, HPG Manifold (somewhat), and Frozen City (and even dare I say Terra Therma) are all great maps, is that it provides something for everyone and doesn't limit options for players. Maps that hugely disadvantage one type of mech or playstyle should be revised, such as Alpine Peaks.

Think than Crimson straight needs a rethink simply because you pretty much only have 2 focal points for fighting and although you might get charges either way which result in base fights, generally its always around the same spots.

Frozen city & Forest colony definitely need a rework - with 12 v 12 these maps are just too small, I would like to see more assets/spawning in the frozen lake of frozen city - maybe some ice bound shipwrecks players can run around?! For Forest, some more caves and an extension of the coastline would be interesting..

Caustic is one of the better small maps and seemingly a favorite.. ..but needs some tweaking on those usual standoff locations.

What makes Mining collective, terra therma and HPG so go is not just their size, but that the environment allows for more fluid matches.. ..different approaches, flanking etc etc. The old maps suffer too much from having restrictive tactical choices in a small space..

View PostMaccasimus, on 16 November 2014 - 03:05 AM, said:

ECM Locust. Probably won't even wait for that one to go on sale. :D

I sold my soul as soon as I heard this announced. It is going to be glorious. Running around in 5SPL 3M is bad enough.. ..but one of these bad boys.. ..wooohoo :D

#70 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:31 PM

View PostUminix, on 16 November 2014 - 07:35 AM, said:

I want to whine about the locust with ecm... yes it is a bit of pay to win

File this under things I'd never expect to see written down in my life. ;)

#71 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:48 PM

In regards to the Locust Hero being the first Hero with ECM....wow...

...I really don't care. It isn't pay to win because the Locust honestly isn't a good mech if you're trying to go hardcore meta, and ECM was just recently gimped hard with the BAP buff anyways. Pair that with the fact that this Hero will probably sell for about 5 bucks, and there's no real reason to complain. Want ECM while not paying for anything in-game? Get the arguably superior Raven or Spider. Want to be as small and fast as a Locust tho? Commandos have your back.

#72 Alex Warden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:04 PM

i see alot "can´t use my lurmspam on that map...NERF COVER!" posts coming up soon xD

on a serious note... looks good so far, and looks like it won´t be that easy to find a "meet and greet" spot like on other maps... hope the map plays a bit more dynamicly than Alpine for example...

#73 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:06 PM

Quite frankly, I'm not terribly impressed with the swamp map from what I've seen in the video. Looking at those lilies and watching LRMs or lasers pass right through them without damaging the plants will bring you out of the game. The content looks like it's from a game about 6 years old. Lighting is extremely bland. I'll wait for actual releas so I can see it on my machine rather than the low res movie, but ...just not excited about it.

#74 Storm Wind

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:02 PM

For a second, I was thrilled about the Pirate's Bane, that I could get it for the lowest amount of MC. After some thought, I'm not so sure... XL engine and Double Sinks will probably drive the price up, and seeing as all the other Light Heroes are well beyond 1800MC... Oh well, going to get it anyway since I'm running Locusts, but don't think it'll go super-cheap.

#75 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:33 PM

View PostStorm Wind, on 16 November 2014 - 08:02 PM, said:

For a second, I was thrilled about the Pirate's Bane, that I could get it for the lowest amount of MC. After some thought, I'm not so sure... XL engine and Double Sinks will probably drive the price up, and seeing as all the other Light Heroes are well beyond 1800MC... Oh well, going to get it anyway since I'm running Locusts, but don't think it'll go super-cheap.

Hero mechs are 75 MC per ton. The equipment on the mech does not count in the price. You can clearly see that in the mechlab when you look at the hero mechs in the purchasable menu.

#76 Leigus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationSierra, Free Worlds League

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:17 PM

These hero mechs are getting... edgy. We're approaching Yen-Lo-Wang/Ilya Muromets territory in regards to enabling loadouts not possible on any similar mech.

#77 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:18 PM

View PostLeigus, on 16 November 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

These hero mechs are getting... edgy. We're approaching Yen-Lo-Wang/Ilya Muromets territory in regards to enabling loadouts not possible on any similar mech.

They are unique so people will buy them. The Dragon Slayer has hardpoints where no other Victor does, but I rarely see them in games anymore.

#78 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 730 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:35 PM

Paid ECM, not cool. And frankly I'm surprised so very few people mentioned it. I dunno if this is P2Win or not, but I know it's not ok. I already paid real money for Locusts, why do I have to pay a second time to get a decent version of it?

#79 HimseIf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Visekorporal
  • 270 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:43 PM

Like the swamp map because ..well it has trees. Reminds me of home.

(As for people playing the existing maps, there are other places on crimson straights and alpine, you just have to convince people to change, that's all. Like on alpine i run up the hill, around the the very edge of the mountains and come up behind the red team. They never expect that. Crimson straights, i have seen teams hide behind the island and they defend it to amazing effect because its so rarely done.)

View PostCmdr Hurrell, on 16 November 2014 - 11:35 PM, said:

Paid ECM, not cool. And frankly I'm surprised so very few people mentioned it. I dunno if this is P2Win or not, but I know it's not ok. I already paid real money for Locusts, why do I have to pay a second time to get a decent version of it?

Did you notice it can't aim up or down and the arms do nothing but act as shields? Only 120% twist each side. Not exactly P2Win.

#80 Kain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationZenith-Jumppoint, Tukayyid

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:58 AM

The only thing i miss, are Inferno rounds (and burnable surroundings)!

With Lori's mech in the game we need to have Inferno rounds :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users