Trying To Control What Side You Play On In Cw Is Just Dumb

134 replies to this topic

#21 Darth Mech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:30 PM

View PostXeven, on 18 November 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

Seriously...I can just create an email, new account and play the other side anytime I want.

It is more complicated than that:
Posted Image
Please do let us know how your cunning plan works out for ya.

Edited by Darth Mech, 18 November 2014 - 03:33 PM.

#22 Fragnot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationUS Eastern

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:35 PM

According to what Russ said in the townhall last week, in order to join in on CW you will need to pick a side, or more specifically a faction. This comes in the form of taking a 'contract' with that faction, inwhich the minimum length is 1 month.

So for that month, any CW battles you queue will be fighting for that faction and using the mechs of that faction (Clan or IS). After the month is up you can switch factions or sides again.

Anyone who thinks that's lame can still play any mech they like in normal queues like we have now.

That's how I heard it, lemme know if I got anything wrong.

#23 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Welcome to online gaming, unless you are giving them your name and address and a phone number they can text activation codes and questions to, I don't know why you would of expected anything else...

#24 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

View PostHoax415, on 18 November 2014 - 03:29 PM, said:

I'm 100% in favor of a ONE TIME ONLY chance for anyone to split their account into two accounts and move all of their clan mechs or IS mechs to the 2nd account.

That would be a good idea. Let players set up a clan and IS "character" per account. Only one though.

#25 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

View PostLil Cthulhu, on 18 November 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

And what exactly is stopping you from playing them? You won't be able to play them in CW but you'll still be able to drop in the regular solo or group queue and run whatever you want.

Was a waste of money to buy into both if your primary play time evolves around CW in the future. Better to let players decide which side to play daily, else less mech purchases.

#26 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostFragnot, on 18 November 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

According to what Russ said in the townhall last week, in order to join in on CW you will need to pick a side, or more specifically a faction. This comes in the form of taking a 'contract' with that faction, inwhich the minimum length is 1 month.

So for that month, any CW battles you queue will be fighting for that faction and using the mechs of that faction (Clan or IS). After the month is up you can switch factions or sides again.

Anyone who thinks that's lame can still play any mech they like in normal queues like we have now.

That's how I heard it, lemme know if I got anything wrong.

Sounds about right to me

#27 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostSandpit, on 18 November 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

That would be a good idea. Let players set up a clan and IS "character" per account. Only one though.

I could live with that.

#28 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:38 PM

View PostXeven, on 18 November 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

Was a waste of money to buy into both if your primary play time evolves around CW in the future. Better to let players decide which side to play daily, else less mech purchases.

or?
use the pub queue and stop trying to make CW cater to that style of play.

CW= RP, lore, hardcore, etc. mode

don't like it? play in the pub queue

#29 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:39 PM

Unlike some. I want them to make money. That way we always getting more Battletech. Trying to control the customer is always bad.

#30 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:42 PM

Then just drop in the regular que and do whatever you want. If not being loyal to a side means nothing, then how you get your games in shouldn't.

#31 Pale Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 786 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:43 PM

I don't mind the public queue, but I'd like to be able to play the CW maps in the public queue, and possibly drop ship mode as well.

What irks me is if I can't use my IS 'mechs on the new CW maps and modes. I don't need to fight for an IS faction.

I do think that splitting profiles would be nice, being able to have one profile for both IS and Clan factions, but I am worry about the potential abuse if people were to drop and then basically idle to screw one side or give free wins. Maybe there's a way to prevent that.

Edited by Pale Jackal, 18 November 2014 - 03:44 PM.

#32 Scratx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:44 PM

Oh, for f***'s sake...

Want to use BOTH sides in CW without using more than one account?

Contract to one faction for ONE MONTH. Play it out. Then contract to the other faction for ONE MONTH. Play it out. Rinse, repeat.

There, played both IS and Clan in CW. Just not at the same flippin' time. Big deal, get over it.

In the meantime, there's the pub queue for **** and giggles and fixing that 'I miss playing the other side's mechs' feeling.

Edit : And I definitely wouldn't mind having a IS and Clan "characters" for CW tied to the same account, but that's not how PGI is rolling at the moment.

Edited by Scratx, 18 November 2014 - 03:47 PM.

#33 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:44 PM

View PostXeven, on 18 November 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

Unlike some. I want them to make money. That way we always getting more Battletech. Trying to control the customer is always bad.

really?
roflmao
CW being the hardcore mode IS giving more options to players. If your'e suggesting that CW be the pub queue clone then you're the one asking for restrictions in how players play.
smh
You don't even see that do you?

#34 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,984 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:45 PM

I say let the game designers be the game designers

leave them alone so we can actually get CW

they can always change it later down the road

#35 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:45 PM

View PostScratx, on 18 November 2014 - 03:44 PM, said:

meantime, there's the pub queue for **** and giggles and fixing that 'I miss playing the other side's mechs' feeling.

no no no, the entire game should only cater to their specific wants instead of adding in optional modes for other players. Their way to enjoy the game (which they've had for 2 years) is the only one that should matter

#36 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:47 PM

I am sure it is actually in PGI's best interest if everyone had 2 accounts. They could post double the active player base and such.

#37 Fragnot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationUS Eastern

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:47 PM

View PostXeven, on 18 November 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

You know, Blizzard build the worlds most successfull MMO on a platform that made players choose 1 of 2 factions for their (monthly subscription) accounts, and completely locked them out of the opposing faction. It was amazingly popular.

Yeah, years down the road they finally took down the wall and allowed players to have toons of each faction on the same account. Broke my heart as it did many players; the game's been dying off since.

Just pointing out that letting players have everything isn't always the model for success.

#38 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:51 PM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 18 November 2014 - 03:23 PM, said:

And I'll have Clan mechs.

$360 worth of clan mechs I can't use for CW. I have no sympathy for you.

Yes, you can. You switch faction. You can even do that as many times as you want.

#39 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:53 PM

View PostFragnot, on 18 November 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

You know, Blizzard build the worlds most successfull MMO on a platform that made players choose 1 of 2 factions for their (monthly subscription) accounts, and completely locked them out of the opposing faction. It was amazingly popular.

Yeah, years down the road they finally took down the wall and allowed players to have toons of each faction on the same account. Broke my heart as it did many players; the game's been dying off since.

Just pointing out that letting players have everything isn't always the model for success.

I actually liked the game a lot more when there was no dedicated PVP areas- where all the fights happened 'in game' so to speak. Stranglethorn was a real battlefield. Higher level players had to guard lower level players so they could do their quests. Really added a sense of community and faction loyalty.

#40 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:54 PM

View PostDavers, on 18 November 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

I am sure it is actually in PGI's best interest if everyone had 2 accounts. They could post double the active player base and such.

I still think we should have two different pilot 'slots', an IS one and a Clan one, and we can apply groups and CW play separately to each. Maybe something PGI could look into post-Phase II?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users